American International Group [AIG] Logo

American International Group [AIG]

Having problems with American International Group [AIG]?

1800 387 4481 (Canada)
1890 272 727 (Ireland)
1800 888 811 (Malaysia)
1800 6789 (Vietnam)
+1 877 867 3783 (United States)
+44 207 954 7000 (United Kingdom)
+353 12 081 400 (Ireland)
+61 130 003 0886 (Australia)
+64 93 553 100 (New Zealand)
+43 15 332 500 (Austria)
+32 27 399 620 (Belgium)
+45 91 375 300 (Denmark)
+49 699 7113 (Germany)
+39 236 901 (Italy)
+31 104 535 455 (Netherlands)
+351 213 303 360 (Portugal)
+41 433 333 700 (Switzerland)
+852 35 550 000 (Hong Kong)
+63 28 785 400 (Philippines)
64 193 000 (Singapore)
+27 115 518 000 (South Africa)
+82 15 442 792 (South Korea)
+66 26 491 999 (Thailand)
180 Maiden Lane
New York, New York

Complaints & Reviews

A waste of money

Purchased Travel Guard through Priceline for a trip to Brazil 3/08. After getting home 24 hrs late and incurring penalties and other expenses, I found AIG had an excuse for just about everything and refused to pay. Actually wanted a note from a Brazilian airline explaining exactly why they were delayed! Don' waste your money on AIG insurance.

• Vi
    VickeyAlberta Feb 26, 2010

I won't burden you with my tragic story but take my heed and do not use Travel Guard, they are rip off artists, they require a library full of documentation to even qualify for a review to see if you are eligible to receive the reimbursement YOU PAID FOR. And I mean you have to have every receipt every conformation number, every doctor, every hospital, every every every. Then they take months to review and won't even talk to you unless it has been 5 weeks, ( I am serious) says so right on their form! Then no matter how much proof you have or how many doctors that verify and even write hand written notes to re-verify they will refuse to pay you. Don't bother wasting your money! And what is really sad their premiums are huge, so you pay top dollars for nothing. However a small portion of our trip I booked on Expedia and their insurance was cheap and they instantly refunded my money, no questions asked. They are cold hearted bigots and if I could figure out a way to put them out of business I would write a million of these.

Scam and fraud!

My mother booked a trip with friends to Nauvoo with a well know travel agency in UT. The Travel agent suggested she purchase AIG travel guard ins. for $250.00 just in case she wasn't able to go due to some medical conditions she has had. Prior to any airline tickets being issued she became ill and I immediately canceled the trip. After MONTHS of faxing, phone calls and their requesting medical records (that they claim they have every right to) AIG has still denied the claim.

I am disgusted with their red tape and feel they are taking advantage of my elderly mother. DON'T BUY AIG TRAVEL GUARD INS. you will be out the cost of the trip anyway but you'll save $250.00.

• Li
    life runner Jan 17, 2009

Purchased a cruise with air from a local travel co. and a purchase of Travel Guard "Gold"! The day before we were to leave my husband suffered a detached retina. The eye Dr. said no to any travel. Called AIG Travel Guard recieved a claim # and then filed all the papers. We recieved word that out of $1732. claim they are only paying $834.! What happened to the co. policy statement-insurance co. reimburses the traveler for ALL nonrefundable expenses? That's in the writing on our policy.
    As of now I would NEVER buy Travel Guard again. And to think I've bought it for 9 cruises! What a joke!
    I have asked my travel agent for any help. Don't know what she can do but it's worth the try.

marvin Feb 28, 2009

Airline rerouted us due to Job action by their pilots, ground crew and air traffic contyrollers. Lost a day at the hotel, plus delayed baggage for most of the week. Travelguard denied the claim stating they excluded carrier problems.
    Rip Off do not buy from them.

• Vi
    VickeyAlberta Feb 26, 2010

Scam and fraud!

I am on a workers comp claim since my injury in July 07. MRI and physical therapy was requested in August. Went on Temporary Total Disability in October. MRI and PT were approved in October, 2 months after request. First TTD check was month late, second check was not sent since they "did not realized" I was getting TTD checks even after they already sent me one. Surgery for L4-L5 Microdiscectomy requested by Physician in November 07. Doctor changes name of practice in January 08, no longer covered by AIG, however they did approve the surgery for him, but won't cover the cost. New doctor assigned in February 08. February 21st check placed on hold for 11 days due to AIG passing bad checks on that account. New Doctor appointment canceled in March 08 due to AIG not sending pre-payment, they had a month to send it out. March 7th check not sent out, no explanation why. No new check has yet to have been issued. Awaiting response from their attorney regarding hold up. Check is now 10 days late.

James Mitchell May 24, 2008

I have been getting a check for two years with no problem. I got a back injury and have a permamnet total disability. I have been playing their little game for a while now I have not seen a check for a month and a half now. When I contacted their lawyers they said my check should not have been stopped. I have a wife and three kids that depend on me and I can not work. They have shut our gas off and we are going hungry all because there is no law to protect us from these peaple who put trying to beat peaple out of money rather than follow the rules and documented facts. We need to get a bunch of us together and try and find a way to bring them to justice and answer for their actions.

jamie brandon Sep 22, 2008

my husband has been on comp. for six years now due to a back injury, it took them almost five years to finaly do back surgury, we have also went along with all of there games, and it is absulutly stupid!!! all the sudden are payments have stopped for no reason and with no explanation not to us or our lawers and no one can get ahold of our ajuster and it seems like no one is trying either, we have three kids and my income is not near enough and he cant work, what are we supposed to do!!!

AIG is an unprofessional, rip off company

I rented a car Online and was offered insurance for 19.99 a day through Travel Guard. 2 days. I printed off...

Denied compensation

AIG insurance products and services - www.aig.com

Worker injured during the course of employment with said employer;

Trojan labor services dba hire quest inc.

Insurance company;

Aig insurance their agents gallager-bassett

Has denied said injured worker his said workers compensation benefits as well as denied payment of said injured workers medical bills.

AIG cheats customers

After AIG gives you a good deal and you transfer to them, then they increase your rate and force you to pay the new higher bill. They send a sack on yellow, complicated papers to fill out. Then they say you didn't fill it out right and that's where the increase came from. I said I want the original rate you gave me, they said NO this is your new rate you have to pay. They cheat the customers, and the representatives are so rude.

• Cl
    Clara May 05, 2009

I, too purchased a rip policy from these rats. My daughter was coming to be with me for a surgery I had scheduleld. The week BEFORE the scheduled surgery, I temporartily lost my eyesight (new medicine side effect.) When she changed her plans to get here faster to assist me, they couldn't accommodate the change, so we bought a ticket from the airline at a full price, and cancelled the Priceline ticket. A WEEK IN ADVANCE, NO LESS. (We both know they didn't pay for that ticket.) We filed for the insurance in November. When I checked on this last week, they told me that they had sent a letter to my daughter's (correct) address and it was returned to them. NOW they want to deny our claim for a PRE-EXISTING CONDITION!! I just wanted you to know that you aren't the only one ripped off by these rats.

• Co
    cocacolina Jul 09, 2009

yeah they are so ###, that you can smell it from miles away... All the management working in there, they are all after their big salarys and do not care if you pay more or less...Obviously after they have been find out that they were paying themselves big bonuses with "YOUR MONEY", they may not feel motivated any longer to continue doing their jobs as parasites. I feel sorry for the operators that may be under so much pressure, as not proper training has been provided and have not support form those, who suppose to be doing their jobs as MANAGERS.
    So if you want to complaint about something, please be polite to the operators and ask to speak to any of the team leaders, as probably will be someone polishing their nails over her desk or being too busy doing all the shopping online or something completely irrelevant to their role.

• Ju
    jujuking Oct 23, 2009

Yes, they cheated me in the same way!!!Give me a lower price first, after i paid the amount, then told me increase the rate becos of wrong info you gave to them! what a shame of them!

• St
    stuart devenpeck Nov 19, 2018

recieved a letter 3/2/16 as to me winning $250, 000..a check was sent for $3, 500 to take care of processing fees etc.. ck is drawn on am.nat bank omaha n.e. and check is being paid by pay flex systems usa inc... toal fraud and fake...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices