Agoda Companyhotel booking that was cancelled by agoda

M Nov 19, 2017

To whom it may concern
Re: id [protected]-1-[protected] - 17th November 2017 staying at Mitre Hotel Manchester
I made a reservation on 24th October for the Mitre hotel. I booked this hotel as it was central and close to Manchester Arena where I had purchased tickets to see Depeche Mode in concert. At the time of booking it was non refundable and confirmed that the reservation had been made. My money was taken out of my account. We arrived at the hotel at 5.30pm. The hotel advised that Agoda had cancelled the booking and the hotel was now full. Myself and the manager tried to ring Agoda but could not get through. It was now 6.15pm. the manager from the hotel said that a room was available at the other hotel which was 15 minutes walking distance. When we arrived at the hotel it was 6.30pm. We had to wait for the manager. It is now 6.45pm and the concert started at 7.30. The manager said that the room was out of order because of the condition. The room smelt of vomit from the previous guest and you could not open the window. it is now 7pm an we had drove 50 miles straight from work and we needed to get changed. I asked if we could see the room as we are now desperate and needed to get showered and dressed for the concert. The room smelt disgusting. We quickly got dressed and thankfully made it to the concert. Later that evening we had nowhere else to go so I had to return to the hotel. I sprayed perfume on the pillow and could hardly sleep. We got dressed at 8am and left the hotel. I have never experienced such an unpleasant stay and want to be compensated for our inconvenience. The Mitre hotel said that Agoda had know about the cancellation several weeks before we arrived. There had been no attempt by Agoda to contact us to make alternative arrangements.
I look forward to hearing from you

Regards