Aeroplan / lost points

1 Ontario, Canada Review updated:

Tonight, I went to cash in Aeroplan miles for a Christmas gift only to discover the points had been deleted because it had been a year (Oct 21, 2007) since the last activity. Their supervisor told me an e-mail was sent but I ne ver saw it and went throught the spam without success. AT the very least a canada poost letter should eb sent.
What a micky mouse program & organization. I will withhold my custom from Home Hardware and Air Canada in future. I will also let them know the reason. This is outright robbery!

Rc

Comments

• Mc
      1st of Jul, 2009

Totally agree - exact same thing happened to me - lost 120, 000 pts. They claim they sent emails notifying me of my points "expiry"- I never received any such emails. Of course, Aeroplan can't send out notices of points "expiry" through regular post, but they can mail out invitations to get a CIBC Aeroplan Visa card every 2 months. My air miles and credit card miles that I also collect don't "expire".

I have zero respect for Aeroplan as an organization, how they remain in business is a mystery to me. I would be happy to join any Class Action Suit against these corporate clowns.