Aer Lingus / missed flight
my girlfriend and i were booked on aer lingus ei562 to barcelona on mon morning aug 17th. flight due to leave dublin @ 6:40am. we arrived in airport @ 5:45am and went straight into the q for this flight, we could not check in online due to a change in a booking detail during that week. we were in the q couple of mins when an aer lingus employee went through the q calling a flight for lisbon, that flight was closing etc.I did not think to ask him about our flight at this time( big mistake) As gates closed 45 mins before boarding by 6:05 we were getting worried, q had barely moved at all. at 6:15 same man comes by again, i asked him straightaway about our flight, he told me it was closed.. told him i was in q for half hour already, he said he had called that flight earlier. said i heard him calling lisbon not barcelona, he told me he called both. We had only carry on bags surely we could make flight which was still on ground for another 25 mins..but NO as has become the norm there was no discusion allowed THEY WERE RIGHT I ( THE CUSTOMER) AM WRONG.
so had to break this news to my girlfriend who was so looking forward to trip.only option was to spend 2 X €75 to get next flight which was at 6pm that evening. €150 extra for a day less in beautiful barcelona.
thank you Aer Lingus i will never fly with ye again.
More Aer Lingus Complaints & Reviews
- Aer Lingus - Delay flight, missed connection and lost baggage 
- Aer Lingus - customer service 
- Aer Lingus - Illegal activity on board aircraft 
- Aer Lingus Flight - Cancelled Flight and V.V Poor Service
- Aer Lingus - Lost my luggage 
- Aer Lingus Group - terrible airlines
- Aer Lingus - Baggage charge 
- Aer Lingus - Unjust Overweight Charges 
- Aerlingus - bad customer service
- Aer Lingus - cancelled booking