Advanced Wellness Research / Acai Berry

Ordered Acai 500 never recieved product or refund Invoice 1737148 sent an email that states please allow 72 hours for response I gave them a week no reply. It was suppose to be a free trail was charged 45.82 the same day with the 4.99 shipping and handling. Still am waiting for the product that wasn't recieved and had to close my account to keep them from charging even more. I didn't order anything for 45.82 and want my charges reversed.I will also be contacting the BBB and the FTC.

Pe

Comments

• Pa
      25th of Nov, 2008

I want to return my product. I DO NOT want to be billed for future products, , , BUT ...I cannot reach any one to get the address or even to talk to about my account.

• Li
      1st of Dec, 2008

I've tried the Pure Acai Berry and it's not what I expected. It gave me horrible gas and it's been very uncomfortable for me. Maybe I just tried the wrong one, but whatever the case I''m not satisfied with this product. I'm not sure if this is the right site to cancel any future orders, but if it is please cancel any future orders for me. Thank you.

• To
      8th of Dec, 2008

I want to return product because I was charged $78.81. It was advertise as trial basis only $5.99 for shipping and handling. This number 877-523-0188 is always bus; therefore, I can't reach anybody to get a return address and I don't want to be billed for future products. This is a scam!!!

• Be
      8th of Dec, 2008

I'm experiencing the exact same problem. Try 305-534-1052...and 1-800-503-9355. Always busy. You'll need to take a day off for this one. WHAT A SCAM!!! Maybe we can get Oprah to help. Also www.BuyPureAcaiBerry.com.

• Va
      9th of Dec, 2008

I totally agree with all of you I am experiencing the same situation It took me forever to get the product first off then 3 days after I got my product they charged my account for $78.81 I have tried and tried to contact them at 877-484-2863 let's say the phone is either busy or it sends you to a voicemail and no one calls you back. I started sending emails my conversations have been very unpleasent they keep saying they sent me an RMA# well they havent this is becoming a nightmare. All I want to do is return there product to them it doesnt seem like they want to cooperate. So im takeing measures in my hands first off printing every email for my bank as proof I have tried and tried to cancel the product my next step is to close my account and file a complaint with BBB. Hopefully we can all get these Scammers Closed Down.
    I dont think Oprah and Rachel Ray would recommened such fraudulant companies if they knew and they should know what these companies are doing using there names.

• Sh
      12th of Dec, 2008

Advanced Wellness Research is not the only company out there selling acai berry other sites you may have ordered from are

Advanced Wellness Research does not sell ACAI BERRY 500

This person mentions Acai Berry 500. We don’t sell Acai Berry 500 – that is another company. How is that for unfair scrutiny?

Before you post make sure you are infact dealing with advanced wellness research it shows up on your Credit Card statement as such if it is not then you are committing slander by posting it is this company that charged you. BE SURE WHO YOU ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT!!!

• Wa
      17th of Dec, 2008

I ordered a trial sample and was to only pay for s/h and within a few days they charged my cc 78.81. It took me till 12/17/08 to get the RMA #. I called several numbers that noone ever answered and was given several web sites and no repsonse. I did receive 3 email messages telling me that I needed to call the 866 # but without success. I finally contacted my cc company and we started the dispute process. I also contacted my State Attorney Generals office and filled out some forms to report Advanced Wellness of unfair business practices and I also filed a complaint with the BBB. All in said, we cancelled my cc and reissued me a new one. I finally today after receiving a 3rd email from customer service to call 877-751-5333. I had called the 266-484-2863 on 12/12/08 and spoke with Jaime who said I did not qualify for the RMA # because I did not call within 14 days and cancel! What a line of bull! I had proof that I started calling on 11/25/08 and left tons of messages and no one returned the calls plus all the emails that I sent and kept copies of. I have a file on this company that is a manuscript. After receiving the 3rd email 12/16/08 and gave me the 877 # I got thru within 5 minutes but Rebecca was a hard cookie to deal with. She gave me what for for not wanting to keep the product. I advised her that I was not paying 78.81 and my husband did not want me to take it. I went to great extremes to get this RMA and no one should have this much problem. They need to be investigated and need to have a class action suit against them for fraudulent activities. Be persistant and don't give up. Keep track of everything. Get names, dates and phone numbers down and record phone conversations if needed.

• Jn
      23rd of Dec, 2008

Same happened to me. Ordered the trial and paid for the shipping. Couple days later, $78.81 charge on my account. I know it was Advance wellness Research because my banknotified me of a possible fraudulant charge and gave me the company name and their number. The number for those that cant get ahold of anyone is 866-964-1011. This company is so damn shady. The rep told me that in order to get my refund It was going to cause me a headache, that I was going to have to do alot of steps to get it back. First off he repeatedly asked me to take a discount on the next bottle that has been shipped and I would then be refunded the rest. The rep kept insisting I take that deal! I just kept telling him no, that i want my full refund, I didnt authorize this purchase. He gave me an attitude and said "Fine, but you will have to pay for shipping the bottle back AND, if it doesn't arrive within 10 days, you wont get any refund". I asked him when the 10 days started, and he said today, THE DAY THEY SHIPPED out to me, not 10 days after recieving the product. I live in California and the bottle is coming from Idaho, through standard USPS that will take 4 to 5 days one way. And I am supposed to have the bottle back to them by 10 days "or there will be major problems with your account". One thing is for sure, my next step is the BBB.

11th of Jan, 2009

Ordered Acai Berry Supplement on Jan. 6, 2009. Received product on Jan. 10th. Called my Doctor to confirm safety of product and was told to steer clear!!!
    I looked up The company's website to get their number and found the Complaints Board site. I began to read the "horror" stories about being charged and not getting thru. I read one complaint (from Wanda B.) which gave a number 266-484-2863 which actually is 866-484-2863. This is a Sunday night around 7:30 PM. I called the number and got right thru. The guy spoke very broken english, but, seemed to be helpful. Told to cancel -- he asked why -- I said Doctor's orders -- he said my account was cancelled -- I asked for RMA# -- he said not necessary; gave me the Idaho address to return product. I have yet to see if he was tell me the truth, I will follow up.
    I suggest calling that number "OFF" hours to better chances. Also, maybe a man's voice makes a differnce... Get your spouse or male friend to call for you. Good Luck! CS

• Pa
      27th of Jan, 2009

How lame am I? Should have read all of this before I placed my order. Called back within and hour to cancel the trial and received no satisfaction, just the same run around as everyone else. I called my credit card company and they told me about the research for on-line offers. I posted a request for someone to call me on their "contact us" link, but really do not expect someone to call. Wish I would have seen this first.
    Pam

• Pb
      27th of Jan, 2009

I just got caught in the same scam!!! They charged my card $78.81 and told me that they were not authorized to give me a full refund and would only give me back $30!!! I refused and immediately called my bank and have started a fraud investigation against them. It is Advance Wellness Reasearch and the phone number is 866-964-1011. They were rude and absolute ###. I never ordered or commited to any monthly quantity of pills. I only ordered the $4.99 'risk free' trial offer! My bank has advised my to close my credit account and open a new one. These people have your info and will use it again! BEWARE>

• Me
      28th of Jan, 2009

I totally agree with everyone. I called to get a return number and the guy is from India. They told me that it is a free trial for 14 days. If you do not want to continue using it you must return the unused porition. I rec'd my return number and address; Advanced Wellness Research, 3 -17th Ave South, Nampa, Idaho 83651. I'm going to overnight my return with signature confirmation that they have rec'd it. They told me it would take 5-7 business days to credit my credit card amount of $78.81 once they rec'd the product back. Ugh! What a hassle.

• Kj
      29th of Jan, 2009

I too ordered the Acai Berry and Total Cleanse. I was never informed of the outragious $84 monthly charge. Not a good practice. I was unable to get through the toll free number (866-320-0038). I was able to get through on the on-line chat.(www.MyTrialSupport.com) I copied the instant messaging that we had and received a confirmation email. However, this was for the Total Cleanse. I don't know if this covers the Acai Berry. ALSO there were no instructions with the products. This just does not seem reputible.
    Recommend that you DO NOT BUY!!

• Do
      2nd of Feb, 2009

This is a COMPLETE SCAM!! The only way to get them to stop charging your account is to follow these steps!! Calling Advanced Research will NOT help!

1 - CALL YOUR BANK AND CANCEL THE CARD YOU GAVE THEM TO MAKE THE INITIAL CHARGE.

That is it. End of story.

• Ga
      2nd of Feb, 2009

This a a fraudalent business, I see most of these complaints are the same as mine

9th of Feb, 2009

I purchased 60ct bottle of pure acai berry. Offer read pay for shipping and handling to try it out. Then 2 weeks later they charged my card $78.81. After calling them to get my money back, they finally gave me only $60.00 back. They claimed the ad read free 2 week trial and then they charge. They actually put that charge through my bank at a time when it was low, and I got charged an overdraft fee.

• Sm
      17th of Feb, 2009

I've been attempting to return my first shipment and get a refund. They bounce me back and forth between the phone number and the web site because they say they cannot locate my account with the order ID number. What number? I never recieved a confirm email when I placed the order, nor did I recieve any correspondence with the shipment. Today the operator didn't even know who I was and was telling me I could not return it now. I've given up on a refund, but now I can't even get the order canceled.

• Co
      17th of Feb, 2009

Don't you people READ what you're signing up for?
    The website clearly states:

" at the end of your 14 day trial period you will be charged the discounted rate of only seventy eight dollars and eighty one cents for the bottle you received and you will be enrolled in our convenient Home Delivery Plan. Approximately 30 days from your original order date and every 30 days thereafter, you will be sent a new monthly supply of Pure Acai Berry Pro and your credit card on file will be billed seventy eight dollars and eighty one cents plus $4.99 shipping and handling"

Now, if you're gullible enough to believe some berries are going to counteract all the crap you've been shoveling into your pie-holes over the years, you DESERVE what you get.

• Sr
      19th of Feb, 2009

I wish I never ordered the trial. I called and cancelled this on the day that I received the free product once I found out how much the cost was. I drink MONAVIE and this is a much better deal and more acai antioxidants than this pill does so with what the pill is charging, it definately is not worth it. Even though I called and cancelled, they still billed my credit card. And then when I called 866-484-2863 as listed on my credit card statement, the number is disconnected. Luckily for me my credit card company has credited the amount and they will fight with this company. Everyone, this is the main reason that you never use a debit credit card, the banks dont always fight for your money. A bad experience with a positive out come. Oh, and remember, free trials are never free.

• Cw
      20th of Feb, 2009

BEWARE !! FREE TRAIL ??
    You order the 14 days FREE trail ACAI BERRY Supplement Sample, the company will ship you a 60 capsules bottle, meaning you are on the hook for 60 capsules payment. ( us$ 78.81 + shipping ) even you decide not to order the product after the 14 days trail period ( 2 capsules per day, 28 capsules in total .) still, you have to pay for the rest of the 32 capsules. It's not a free trail, Their AD tricks you into buying a bottle of their product, you thought you are getting a FREE TRAIL PERIOD.