ADT Security Services / I cannot recommend them

Joseph Morte at ADT in the Pleasanton CA office told us we were signing up for a month-to-month contract which could be cancelled at anytime. "Nothing to lose" Joe said. In a classic bait-and-switch he put us on a 2 year contract that has a $500 early termination fee. We've spent almost 6 months trying to resolve our problem with ADT and every manager tells us the same thing "nothing we can do". Google "ADT lied", we are not alone. ADT protects your home while stealing from your wallet. Sorry, but I cannot recommend ADT Security.

Va

Comments

• Pi
      18th of May, 2009

I just found out that I have not been connected to ADT monitoring for over a year. Thank God we did not have to need them. I changed my phone service from land line to voice over IP (carrier is compatible with ADT) in March2008. Immediately after that I got a call from ADT saying they lost us so we had to ask Comcast to rewire so that ADT could be connected. We tested after and it worked. Last Saturday out of curiosity I disconnected the wall unit to see if ADT would detect the disconnection but never got a call from ADT. After I called them I found out that they have stopped monitoring for connectivity for customers who do not have the fire protection. She saud that because of the number of customers they have they have to limit this type of monitoring to that group. She said that it was our responsibility to test the system once a month. A successful test once a month is not enough assurance that you will get the help when you need it. What if the connections fails between the time you tested it and the time you needed the help? You have to test your system practically every minute to get that assurance. What is the point in paying ADT every month ifyou do not have the assurance that ADT will be available when you need them? I am furious that I had to pay them for 15 months for a false sense of security! I cancelled immediately and became even more angry when they told me that the disconnection was to take effect a month from now to which I told them that they should pay me back since March2008.