Acer / Aspire 9500 / Failure to honor warranty
Bought an Acer model Aspire 9500 laptop PC fully loaded for more than $1950.00USD in March of 2006. Came with 1 year warranty.
With better than 50% battery the unit died while I was using it on a recent plane flight, I had an isle seat, no one in seat next to me, unit was being used as per the Acer intended use instructions. Sent the laptop to repair facility. Received voice message on cell today by Acer 12/21/2006 that a gooey substance was found inside and I must pay $449.00USD for repair by tomorrow or else.
After many attempts and failures to reach Acer tech repair by phone, (their phone system is a real wonder), I had to call the selling dealer to report the complaint.
Finally Acer called and insisted I pay or else. I made 1 statement: "There was no gooey substance around when the unit failed." and 1 question: "Was there an engineer or something tangible Acer had that proved said gooey substance caused the failure and that this same unidentified substance they found got into the damaged unit before the failure?". This proved too much for the Acer rep. I was placed on hold for 10 minutes, presumably for them to get an answer to my question, but was promptly disconnected after the 10 minutes. Later today Acer calls once again demands money or else all the while completely oblivious to their earlier conversation with me, my response was they fix my laptop as their warranty requires.
More Acer / Aspire 9500 Complaints & Reviews
- Acer / Aspire 5570z - Faulty laptop, faulty customer service! 
- Acer Aspire 9410-4933 - Cracked LCD Cover by Hinges 
- Acer Aspire One laptop - Always freezes up 
- Acer Laptop - surely the worst 
- Acer - Acer Aspire 5100 Series Notebook - I will NEVER buy another Acer product! 
- Acer - i am not able to register my laptop computer. 
- ACER South Africa - acer laptop
- Acer - Terrible service
- Acer - laptop/ charger provided was not suiting with laptop
- Acer America Corporation - Планшет Асer Aspire/P3