Acai Burn / solution! get your money back!

North Carolina, United States Review updated:
4.55
I, like many of you ladies, recieved a charge of $4.95 on my bank account but it was under web access along with an 866 # so after some research online reading many of your stories I decided to call the # [protected]) and they answered right away said customer service may I help you & I told them what happened & he put me onhold for about 5 mins then transfered me to a lady who said I was automatically signed up for a secrets & insiders club that was a monthly charge. I asked her to cancel it and with in a few mins she cancelled my automatic subscription, make sure you ask for a refund though! I asked her would this money be refunded back into my account & she said well you didnt ask for a refund, so I asked her to please refund my money back into my account & she politely said yes it should be back into your account within 5 to 10 days.

Comments

Ai
  5th of Jan, 2009
I to have ordered the free trial of acai burn. I ordered it two weeks ago and they stated it would arrive within 4-5 business days.
Becoming a little suspicious i looked into it further and came across this website with loads of complaints from victims of fraud!!!
I am not sure if i have been charged yet. I need to contact them but can not find a number that is actually real...the number 866-2796513 is also disconnected.
Vb
  10th of Jan, 2009
I ordered AcaiBurn too. And told my daughter to order it too. Then she looked at the terms (after you already click "order free sample" and noticed that you have agreed to a $59.95 monthly subscription. When I called to cancel, they said, "no problem, " and then promptly charged my credit card $59.95. They will not remove the charge because it was "in the terms and conditions." This is a scam, top to bottom. Why would I ever buy a "free" sample for $64.90 ($4.95 I agreed to, plus the $59.95)?

So, I called the bank and put a block on them ever charging me again...and I disputed the charge. The bank said they have had "a ton" of complaints against this company. I am going to take the advise of another post and contact the BBB on Monday.

Good luck!
Du
  11th of Jan, 2009
Hi. I just ordered acai burn and havent not been charged the amount indicated they would because of a two week trial period I was wondering should what should I do. I have been reading all this stories and got thinking. What should i tell customer service?
Du
  11th of Jan, 2009
I was wondering I have not been billed for this product but i am very worried with all these stories. I am planning on calling the number and cancelling any order placed on my account including the weight loss package and secret insider. I was wondering I have not receieve my trial. nor has it been two weeks and have not been charged according to my bank statements. In this case how would cancel the orders.
An
  13th of Jan, 2009
After reading all these comments I called and cancelled the Acai burn by calling 1800-659-3588, got a live rep named Shellie, she comfirmed it was cancelled and gave me her operator id # as proof. I called back and asked to verify if my order was cancelled and they said it was. They said since I cancelled well within my 15 day trial then I should not be charged anything else and that I did not have to return the pills unless I get charged a one time fee. To moniter my account and that way I can avoid the shipping charge.

I cancelled the Insider secret by calling 1866-279-6513 also got a live rep pretty quick. I cancelled the e-book by calling 1800-989-5907.

YOU MUST CANCELL ALL THREE THINGS SEPERATLY. So far I have not been charged anything else other then the official $4.95 but my 15days are not up until 1/19.

We will see. They stated they are not crooks and that this was a honest company. He also stated that the trial is not free it is really a receive now and pay later type thing. Quite frankly that is not what I understood when I read it, so I think this was very misleading.
Lo
  13th of Jan, 2009
I was at a bit at a loss until I read some of your posts. By calling the
1866-279-6513. The woman I spoke was very polite. I'm real impressed at how simple the process of cancelling the account & having ALL charges
-$4.95 returned to me.
Thanks everyone for doing the research
Li
  20th of Jan, 2009
I, like the rest of you fell for this scam. I wish I would have seen this site before I ordered it but unfortunately if you Google "acaiburn scam" the first few sites are all praising the product. I now realize it is all the same company just with different websites to fool you. When I tried cancelling within the "trial period" I was told that I can cancel but will be billed for the first month unless I return the product before the trial period is over. If you send the product back up until 60 days, they claim they will refund the first month's charge...I'm still waiting. I also got the $19.95 charge which I just discovered and managed to reach someone that claims they will refund it. I also have another $4.95 and $9.95 charge but there was no one at those numbers at night. I will have to try again. I feel like such a fool for thinking this could be real but with all the publicity it's been getting I couldn't imagine they would be a hoax. I hope this company is shut down IMMEDIATELY!!! Quite frankly, I don't know why they are still able to exist. Good luck to all of you that had the wall pulled over your face, and for those of you doing your research before purchasing - LEARN FROM MY MISTAKE!
Li
  21st of Jan, 2009
I just called Acai burn and cancelled, then I read these posts and called back to ask for a refund. They said since it was within my 60 days (it's after) I would have to send the product back, insured, to

Acai Burn USA
Army Post Road Distribution
3600 Army Post Road
Demoin, Iowa 50321

Keep track of tracking number and put order number on outside of box and inside and I should see a fefund of all charges withen two weeks.
I will still contact the BBB, but am hoping this will work and I will get my 60 plus dollars back.

Good Luck!!!
Ma
  27th of Jan, 2009

Acai Burn - Charges prior to end of 14-day receipt period
Acai Burn
California

I tried to cancel today 1/27/09 by calling them and they would not answer. I received the bottle of Acai Burn 1/15/09 (so that is within the 14-day period. I called my credit card company and I just found out this company charged me already for $69.95. I am going to dispute this and I had my credit card cancelled at the same time. The thing is Acai Burn claimed it will stop your hunger but my appetite actually become bigger.
Fa
  30th of Jan, 2009
I got the acaiburn free trial for the $4.95 and then I ordered another product called total cleanse and when I got the packing slip I noticed that it said it would charge me if I didn't cancel. I figured acaiburn would do the same if I didn't cancel, but I had already thrown the slip away, so I tried everything to cancel. so if you do order acaiburn make sure you keep the slip that comes with the pills!!! I also got charged for the monthly subscription that charges you the additional $4.95. the number did show up on my bank statement and it is 866-279-6513. I did call it, and it did work. the woman that I spoke to told me that when I did order the acaiburn it said they would give me a free 7 day trial and if I didn't cancel, they would charge me. I couldn't refund my money unfortunately, but she did cancel it for me right away. so if anyone is going to order acaiburn, just make sure you read everything thoroughly read everything! I don't feel it was a scam, just sneaky. I like the acaiburn, but I would rather have ordered it on my own instead of them charging me $59.95 for more. it does suck that they take advantage of overweight woman who will try anything to lose weight. hopefully this will help someone!
Di
  30th of Jan, 2009
I also Fell for this scam ... If Oprah had not raved about it i probaly would not have even looked at it . I canceled my order and was refunded, but then i recieve a charge on my account still and see a number attatched so I phone that number to find out it is the insiders secrets LOL and cancel that too . BUT they will not refund my money because they have no proof that i did not access their sight . what ever . then I come on here and see that i also need to cancel something called E-book which they also will not refund you for.LMAO what the heck are these companies doing that they need to piggy back off of others and sucker you into buying something you have absolutly no need for !!! SO make sure to call all three places to cancel your order/ subscriptions ...this is crazy!! Best of luck to you all and remember to cancel them all !!!
Acai Burn (1-800-659-3588)
Insiders Secrets (1-866-279-6513)
E-book (1-800-959-5907)
Al
  1st of Feb, 2009
My sister buys this stuff off ebay. You have to pay full price but at least they don't continue charging you. It seemed safer than "signing up". Just be sure to check sellers feedback because even ebay has its scam artists.
Ce
  2nd of Feb, 2009

Acai Burn - Phony Diet Pill Company
Broonx
New York

My co-worker and I ordered around mid-Januaray. To our surprise we never receieved the order. We called to cancel. Supposedly they will not charge us. After reading all your comments I am skeptical on that promise. This is a phony site: www.acaiburn.com. They even use Oprah, Dr. Ozz, Dr. Perricone and Angelina Jolie to "sell." For anyone who is thinking of purchasing thru ACAI BURN please do not. They are liars.
Na
  3rd of Feb, 2009

Acai Burn - False charges on cc account
Acai Burn
Phone: 1-800-569-3588
acaiburn.com

Similiar to previous posts - signed up for a $4.95 trial, never got any email confirmation with terms, and then found another $4.95 webaccess charge, a $1.00 processing fee charge, and a $59.95 charge from AcaiBurn.
Seems difficult to resolve - wish I had checked out this site before ordering.
(Also, the product did not work for me - unable to take it and threw it away.)
  8th of Feb, 2009
I fell for it too, and noticed the charges on my credit card. I copied the number on the credit card transaction and googled it... and come up with the complaints. I went on the live chat available on the website and asked them about the charge. I was told that the terms and conditions must have been misunderstood. I disagreed and said if I opt out then all charges should cease. she gave me a number to call and the website to access to ask questions about this. I replied that I thought this sounded like a scam and the girl assured me ' this is definately not a scam company' right!! sounds like a scam to me. anyway I will seeif the charges stop now. it is a little difficult to call from australia
Bo
  11th of Feb, 2009
I was charged $59.95 from Acai Burn which i did not order on my account. I was also charged $4.95 from Web Access which i did not order. The order came and I imediately return to sender. I cannot contact them to stop these charges.
Km
  11th of Feb, 2009
Here are the numbers to cancle acai.

the ebook, is 800 9895907
the weight loss secrets online is 866 363 0187
acais number is 800 6493588 or you can go to acai.com and they have a live operator you can chat with. However they wont credit your account. THey are shams. One loophole for you is that their terms read they will not ship out a new shipment until 2 weeks from the date of your reciept of the trial product. If they did not wait, you have a basis. See if you can get them to credit your acct. then call your bank and cancle your card. If its a visa debit card, just have the credit portion cancelled and order new cards. I was lucky, acai told me they were going to charge my acct 59 dollars on feb 15 when i called to cancle today. so i immediately called my bank and told them what was going on, and closed my acct so acai could cancle. My bank said they are a predatory vendor, and almost 100 percent of the compliant calls they recieve, are becasue of acai.
good luck
k
Ti
  16th of Feb, 2009

Acai Burn - Taken money when I didn't even order it.
155 Baker Dr. #106
Shelbyville
Kentucky

I did not order this product yet 59.95 was taken from my credit card for it and i'm tryin to get it back. I can't seem to find anyone to help or find a way to even contact these people. I want my money back!
Sd
  20th of Feb, 2009
Ok so I probably should have done some research before I ordered the product but after ordering it something didn't sit will with me and I decided to do some investigating. after reading all of the complaints on this site and seeing that they immediately charged me the $4.95 for the shipping and handling I called to cancel my order of acai burn. I called before they shipped any of the product and was told I would receive a refund for the $4.95 in the next 5 to 10 business days. I did ask for the refund, its not given unless you ask. also remember that you have to call to cancel all the insider secrets to weight loss subscription and the comprehensive weight loss e-book package.

Acai burn (1-800-659-3588)
Insiders secrets (1-866-279-6513)
E-book (1-800-959-5907)
Na
  21st of Feb, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
Lol. idiots. there's no such thing as a "lose weight miracle". you can't go through life taking the easy way. there's no such thing.
This scam should give u a wake up call to get off your butt, exercise, and tighten your mouth when it comes to food. babies.

When something seems too good to be true, it often is.

ACAI BERRY NUTRITION Logo ACAI BERRY NUTRITION