Acai Berry Supreme / Cannot reach company to cancel shipments

1 North Falmouth, MA, United States Review updated:

I ordered a free trial of the Acai Berry supplement called Acai Berry Supreme...You have to cancel the order within 15 days of the trial if you do not want to be charged $88.62 + shipping for a months supply. The Terms and Conditions provide a phone number to call, [protected]...but the number doesn't work at all. There's no ringing, busy signal, or voicemail...just a click and you're disconnected.

This will be reported to my credit card company to ensure they are aware of the scam.

Su

Comments

• Hm
      14th of Oct, 2008

I also cannot reach the company to cancel future orders...they don't even allow you enough time to "try" the product befrore having to cancel or not. Let me know if anyone finds a number for them that actually works!

15th of Oct, 2008

Keep trying! The first couple times I tried I kept getting that click and getting disconnected, but I tried again to see what would happen and it worked! I was on hold for about 20 minutes, but finally got in touch with someone to cancel my order. I decided to cancel my order the day after I ordered it because of all the bad reivews I read about AFTER ordering it. They said my credit card would not be charged for anything, hopefully they are honest about that part at least! Good luck!

• Mo
      16th of Oct, 2008

Due to all the complaints on the board I had gotten really nervous so I did try to call the company multiple amounts of times, I kept getting the click and then disconnected. I did not get through so then I called my credit card company and warned them that I was trying to get in contact with the company to cancel my order and was not having success. They wrote it down as a memo in my account for future reference in case I had to dispute the claim but they did tell me to keep trying to call the company. The next day I made sure to keep trying the company at 9 when they were suppose to openning. I did get hung up on a couple of times but I did get through. After waiting on hold for a long time I was able to cancel my order the day after my trial bottle was shipped out. KEEP TRYING...and if you still can't get through call your credit card company and tell them your issue and see how they can help you. Try to have a plan B. Good Luck...

• Je
      16th of Oct, 2008

I wish I would have researched a little bit more before I tried this product but I was thinking... "$5.95 isn't going to kill me just to try it" Yea... I was SUPPOSED to receive the product on the 19th of September, which was a Friday I called that Monday and they said that it was in high demand or whatnot so it would be shipped out w/in 24-48 hours (meaning that it hadn't been shipped out yet, even though there is no way that lady even checked b/c she didn't even ask for any of my information) so I eventually received the product on the 24th... the FOURTH they charged my account $88.62 which is less than 15 days than they said you had the "trial period"... finally I got a hold of some foreign jerk w/ a speech impediment that said that said that I was out of my "trial period". Needless to say... that didn't sit well with me. I flipped out on him and by that Friday the money was returned to my account.
    In the end... I've still been taking it and it's been a little over, what... 3 weeks... I've lost about 2 pounds total (which I probably did on my own) and the whole reason that I wanted the product, for the energy, I haven't seen a bit of that! So I highly discourage EVERYONE from wasting their time on this and again wish I've done more research than I had. Good luck to all of you... one day I hope that we all can find something or do something that we obtain the weight or energy that we all desire.
    P.S. 1-866-938-4832 This is the number that I called to get my refund. Good Luck!

16th of Oct, 2008

I am going through the nightmare myself. I did not find out about their scam with the bank card until I read complaints after I ordered the trial product. I too have tried for the last four days to get through to the number given, 866-938-4832, I either sit on hold for thirty minutes or get hung up on. I am going to my bank and put a stop to any charges now or in the future. They did not inform anyone when ordering the trial that you would automatically be charged each month.

17th of Oct, 2008

So I had this same problem and this is how I fixed it... I called up my credit union which my credit card was going to be charged to for this acai berry supreme after the "15 day free trial" since I could not get ahold of the number I was given on the website... and I explained the situation. What I did to keep them from charging me was block my credit card and order a new one. I am sending everything back to the address that these pills were shipped from and hoping it all goes well from there. This is a complicated situation, time consuming and irritating. I will never order anything from the internet websites again!

• Ge
      17th of Oct, 2008

As have ALL the other people I have just read, I too have had ZERO luck in reaching this outfit. I went for the $9.95 "rush" delivery option and was told I'd receive it on Oct 14th. I called on the 15th and got a robot telling me that the "associates" were busy assisting other customers BUT if I wished I could go to the website and "CHAT ONLINE" with a customer service rep. Needless to say, as I am sure ALL the people will agree, there IS no "ONLINE CHAT" customer service option at their site. I waied for 30 minutes and eventually hung up. Today, the 17th, I dialed and got what a few people here stated. I got NOTHING. Not even a RING. It just goes DEAD. OVER and OVER I did this throughout the day. The only reason I purchsed THIS particular product was because it had Oprah WInfrey endorsing it! The frustration level is bordering on "tilt" at this point. I will be receiving my credit card statement tomorrow accroding to my credit card company and I will see if there is another phone # to reach these scam artists at. I have also stopped the card and have been issued a new one to arrive next week. There must be SOMETHING people can do, some other recourse, other then making us go through all this trouble and yet these lowlife's continue scamming other unfortunate individuals. Logic dictaes that by them playing the numbers game, they'll make a lot of money because MOST people will just pay and pay until one day they actually look at their statements and ask themselves just what the hell is that dollar amount being charged for. By then they'll have payed for months, at like $89 per month for a product they don't even see. So when I say recourse, I mean LEGAL recourse that would get them they're money back and put these scam artists away for awhile. At least a short federally funded vacation!

20th of Oct, 2008

I had the same problem... STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY: intmark1-acai.ebizprogram.com! I had to cancel my CC in order for them to stop billing me DURING THE TRIAL PERIOD!

Contact the BBB to make sure you are not scammed:

BBB of Southeast Florida and the Caribbean
    4411 Beacon Circle, Suite 4
    West Palm Beach, FL 33407
    Phone: (561) 842-1918

• Me
      20th of Oct, 2008

I was quite nervous after reading all these complaints as I too ordered the trial sample. However, the online chat that the message on the phone refers to is not on the Acai Berry Supreme site, but on the E-Biz site - they're the ones that actually mail out the product. So go to http://www.ebizprogram.com/cpage.aspx?name=contactus and click on Live Chat. I got to chat with a person right away. They cancelled my order and I received the cancellation notice in my email within seconds. You can also email (or print) a copy of the chat transcript to yourself for extra security. I hope this helps others alleviate this problem. I JUST did this though so I'm hoping it's for real and that my credit card will never get charged. If it does, I'll post an update.

• Br
      20th of Oct, 2008

This is not working either!! Any other ideas?

• Da
      20th of Oct, 2008

Purchased the trial, read through the terms/conditions. Received the bottles this morning and cancelled this evening (called at 5:40pm and was on hold for 15 mins). The woman who picked up was polite. I nearly gave her an earful on how their whole operation is very unethical. The phone number 866-938-4832 is a real number. I got through the first time. Just stay on the line, or keep trying if you need to. You can purchase similar acai products (w/o the scam) on www.drugstore.com

• Dj
      20th of Oct, 2008

Same problem here, i've tried many of times to cancel my account as well. the number i called just now was 801-208-7490 and waited 20 minutes before they FINALLY picked up! My account is closed. THIS NUMBER didn't ring the first 20 times! all i can say is even though it don't ring KEEP CALLING. other numbers i have 866-938-4832 and 877-350-8480. even though the phone don't ring and automatically hangs up just keep calling!

• Br
      21st of Oct, 2008

Finally got through this morning after about 45 minutes of continuously calling. What a pain, but they were nice and helpful and sent a confirmation email right away.

• Da
      23rd of Oct, 2008

go to the following website and scroll all the way down to the bottom to chat live its the same company thats how i cancelled mine. https://www.whiteteaacai.com

• Me
      24th of Oct, 2008

I've tried the LiveChat. However I ALWAYS end up receiving an email saying:

Unable to deliver message.
    Error message: 550 5.2.1 ... Mailbox disabled for this recipient

-----Inline Message Follows-----

Hi, I just ordered a free trial of Acai Berry Supreme today. However, I have reconsidered and now I want to cancel that order. Can you help me?

_______________________________
    The above message was sent when you were offline, via your Timpani site.

Is this a scam?

• Be
      24th of Oct, 2008

I too fell for this scam. And it is only a scam because of the way they handle their shipping and return process. The fact that you get charged for the product and it will keep coming unless you call and cancel is all in the Terms and Conditions, which I did not fully read before ordering, but once you've ordered you agree to the terms and conditions. I wish I had read them thoroughly and I would not have ordered. Also the fact that I did not ask for the cleanse product but was charged for that as well really p...es me off. It too was in the terms and conditions. This way of doing business really stinks and the fact that they make it so difficult to call and cancel your order within the 15 day time limit is so unethical. How can we stop this company from doing this to others and get our money back? I'd like to put them out of business. Perhaps we all should contact Oprah Winfrey since she is the one who endorsed it and at least for me that's why I ordered it. I'm sure that applies to others as well. Maybe she can help.

• Li
      27th of Oct, 2008

I to wish I had found this site before I ordered the free trial of Acai Berry Supreme!! I have had the same problem getting in touch with the company! I have no joke, tried to get thru all day! The phone would not even ring...just click and disconnect me! For the heck of it I tried at 4:19pm before I left the office for the day...I actually got thru and now I'm on hold...I don't plan to hang up until they pick up! I did charge it to my credit card, not my bank card...if I can't resolve this today, I have already contacted my credit card company and plan to report my card stolen and get a new number and card! Be very careful giving your debit card on-line...what a pain in the ###! Good luck to all!

• Li
      27th of Oct, 2008

Quick update...I was on hold for 15 min. and "Zack" did cancel my order for acai berry supreme and total cleanse. I asked for a confermation e-mail...we will see if I recieve it. If I don't, I will call again till I get it! Please, please be very careful of this company!! the number I final got thru on was 866-938-4832. Hope this helps.

• Je
      28th of Oct, 2008

I also experienced the same frustrating experience as everybody else listed below. I have been trying to reach them for 5 days now. Yesterday the voice message picked up several times but said they were closed during it was their regular “business” hours. After countless calls today it finally rang and I was able to speak with somebody. They told me they canclled my order.Initially they refused to give me a confirmation number and told me it was sent via email. The email did not come up and they finally gave me a confirmation number after much debate. However, the girl refused to give her last name. I have serious doubts that my order has actually been cancelled. Please DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS UNETHICAL COMPANY.

• Ca
      28th of Oct, 2008

I followed the advice of Dar and went to https://www.whiteteaacai.com. Scrolled to the bottom for the live chat and was able to cancel my order. I got a confirmation email saying that my trial was canceled and also emailed myself a copy of the chat session, but as an extra precaution I also called my credit card company to have them give me a new number. Before doing that I tried the 1-866-938-4832 number at least 20 times and it didn't work. This whole thing is definitely shady!