Acai Berry Cleanse / Fraud

1 Grand Rapids, MI, United States Review updated:

I recently purchased a free trial of acai berry slim, or so I thought, but I was sent acai berry cleanse. Two weeks later my debit card was charged 87.53 I did not cancel because there was not a number sent to reach them at. My bank just gave me a number of [protected]. I find it interesting to see on my transaction history Sleep Once Again listed instead of FWM laboratories. I hope I get my money back. I was given a cancellation number. What a lousy time to screw around with people. During the holidays. I have lost so much money to scam artists and never got any of it back.

Comments

• Ti
      14th of Oct, 2008
    Acai Berry Cleanse - Credit Card Use
    My Performance Health
    Phoenix
    Arizona
    gohealthnow.com

Please stop using my credit card. I don't want anymore supplements and don't recall authorizing the last two charges. I did agree to the first charge of $4, but nothing further. Please stop

• Ms
      7th of Nov, 2008
    Acai Berry Cleanse - they keeep charging my account and sennding stuff i didn't order. besides i never authorized them to charge my card but, for the four dollars sa
    go health now
    888 298 8740
    Colorado

they keep charging my card for stuff i didn't ask for. i gave them permission to charge the four dollars for the sample and that's all. they keep sending me stuff i didn't order or want.

23rd of Nov, 2008

I think this is pretty funny. This is why companies say please read terms & conditions before agreeing. I came across the acai berry cleanse diet and thought wow, free trials. I filled in my info and before putting in credit card info I read the fine print and did not like what I saw so I didn't order. That is why it's called a "trial" .

• He
      15th of Dec, 2008
    Acai Berry Cleanse - Unauthorized charge
    SFL Nutrition, LLC
    Boca Raton
    Florida
    Phone: Fake phone numbers given
    SFLNutrition.com

I ordered a free trial and was billed and sent another package of this product. I have not opened the package, as I am returning it to the company unopened. I understand from other complaints, that the price charged is anywhere between $78-$88 . This is an illegal practice in my eyes. My simple solution is to cancel my credit card and have another one re-issued with different numbers. This company is deceitful and greedy!

12th of Jan, 2009

I too was scammed by the "free trial offer" - They billed my credit card almost $50 and sent product I did not order! I will never do it again.

• Fr
      25th of Jan, 2009

People need to read the fine print before ordering -- DUH!!

27th of Jan, 2009

PEOPLE! Read the fine print! You MUST call and cancel within 15 days of your initial order so they will not ship more, nor will they bill your card again. If you do not cancel they will continue to send product and charge your card. It is not that difficult. And it is NOT A SCAM. Remember the saying, "Nothing is free..."? It is true! Read the fine print and you won't be "scammed". These are legal businesses, and you should pay attention to what you are getting yourself into BEFORE you order.

27th of Jan, 2009

All I can say is read the fine print! You MUST call and cancel within 15 days of your initial order (the number is clearly listed when you place the initial order), so they will not ship more, nor will they bill your card again. If you do not cancel they will continue to send product and charge your card. It is not that difficult. And it is NOT A SCAM. Remember the saying, "Nothing is free..."? It is true! Read the fine print and you won't be "scammed".

• Ac
      28th of Jan, 2009

I have called and canceled 2 times now both times getting a cancelation number and everything... But still I have been charged for this product that doesn't even work. This is the last time they will get me though... I have now just canceled the card they have on file. If they don't know how to "cancel", then I do!!!

• Fo
      28th of Jan, 2009

phone number is constanly busy!! now what??
    website is unavailable!!!

• Fo
      28th of Jan, 2009

i did read the fine print and did agree with term and conditons!1 here is my problem, i found the products usless so when i went to the website listed on Acia maxx order form., it lists a website of cancel@acaiberrymaxx.com - it doesnt exsist as far as i can tell. i also obtained a phone number to call. this number has been busy for hours!!! i guess, acaiberrymaxx keeps changing the info needed to cancel these orders so we are kept on our toes!! this is a product that doesnt work, which in my opinion is why they make it so hard to cancel. RIP-OFF!! I am sad that in America, we would CHEAT to make a profit!!!

• We
      1st of Feb, 2009

I ordered the acai berry cleanse. (FREE TRIAL) NO obligation to purchase anything else. Did not say anything about sending another order AT THAT TIME. All I needed to do was pay shipping and handling . Then when I called right away to stop this the number would not go through. It disconnected everytime. Before I could get to my bank another authorization has been added. I did not even get a 30 trial to see if I wanted to purchase the acai berry cleanse. I want the charges to stop and my money returned.

• St
    Coppell
    Texas
    Phone: 972-745-4200
    acaiberrycleanse.com

I order a free sample for $5.95, my account was debited for the $5.95 then $88.62. When I try to reach the company at 866-949-0138 all I get in a recording that all operators are busy and to hold. I stayed on hold for 30 minutes before hanging up. How can I prevent these crooks from charging my account again? I am writing the BBB and notifying my bank.

• Lb
      22nd of Feb, 2009

my card was billed for $87.13 when i thought i was getting a free trial offer and was told i would only have to pay shipping & handling for only $3.95 for the acai berry clense

25th of Feb, 2009

HERE ARE THE REAL PHONE NUMBERS TO CALL FOR REFUND!!!

ACAI BERRY- 866-673-8812
    LIFE CLEANSE- 866-376-1465

• Re
      27th of Feb, 2009

Febuary 13, 2009 I called 1-866-407-1022 to order the Acai-Berry Cleanse. And while I was still online after ordering. I notice it was another website with Acai-Berry cleanse scams. So, what I did was called and told them to cancel my order. In the meantime my husband and I get our bank statement and it was overdrawn. These people took the money out of our account anyway and I never recieved the product. It was for the fifteen day trial for $4.95. I think that with the economy being the way it is that people of this nature should be hung by there toenails upside down for doing this to the American public. I am going to file a complaint with the BBB and the States Attorney's office regarding this matter. On our bank statement it's $221.94 overdrawn. I'm not paying a dime of this !!!

Thank-you & Have a Blessed Day !
    R. Jones

2nd of Mar, 2009
    Acai Berry Cleanse - have been trying for 5 months to cancel and have been getting a run-a-round the whole time
    ACAI BERRY CLEANSE
    Nampa
    Idaho
    Phone: 8669641011

HAVE BEEN TRYING FOR 5 MONTHS TO CANCEL THIS ORDER AND HAVE BEEN GETTING A RUN A ROUND AND STLLL HAVE THE MONEY COMING OUT OF MY ACCOUNT AND STILL RECEIVING THE USELESS PRODUCT

• Li
      3rd of Mar, 2009

I did not order any additional amounts of this product or authorize this company to keep sending me this product and billing my credit card. Please stop this immediately. Numerous attempts have been made to cancel without success.

19th of Mar, 2009

I filed a dispute with my credit card company. This agency is out of the US because we are being taxed a foreign tax as well. Before my trial was up, this company charged 87.13. They lied and said they did no such thing. Did you ever receive a confirmation as to each purchase? I printed out the first trial purchase which was only suppose to be a 2.00 fee. They kept telling me they charged 3.95. Nowhere does it show up at 3.95. I hope this helps.

• Dc
      21st of May, 2009

I was a victim of the EXACT same scam. The same number they told me to call was that same 866-949-0138!!! I am notifying my bank but I must say I did get through to them. They apparently are supposed to be "escalating my account to a refund department" that probably doesn't even exist. Oh but you wait until I'm done with them. They'll be sorry. I'm telling all my friends at every news outlet I have access to!