ABSA i-Direct / vehicle claim

1 South Africa Review updated:

On the 14th of January 2010 I've registered a vechicle accident claim wiht ABSA i-direct. I'm still waiting!! The car has been to the panelbeaters to be assesed by the assessor. Everything has been processed, just waiting for the authorisation code to be issued? Every time when I phone they say tomorrow or before the end of the week. It's been draging for more that 4 weeks, I've never experinced such bad service.

Comments

• Ju
      25th of Feb, 2010

I do agree with AJ Erasmus because I ma having this problem with you I-direct.
    Only yesterday I faxed to I-direct using 086 580 4480 asking for the feedback on my
    claim and no reply from your side.

To my understanding caretacy car is to assist me from the time of accident to the day of
    hand over of the car by panelbeaters.

Strange that you only issue caretecy car for 30 day but it takes more than 30 day for authorisation on your side.
    Can you explain that.

From Monday I have been calling Absa I-direct but only male voice machine telling me that
    (All consultancy are currently busy please for an assistance) then follows (We appreciate your patient)

If it take more than 4 weeks for AJ Erasmus to get your approval or dis-approval to fix the car, that tells you have no interest
    to your clients day to day life and that not good for your Reputation

Please find the fax I sent:

To : ABSA i-Direct
    Attention : Mpho
    Fax No. : 086 580 4480
    Claim on Opel Corsa Utility 1.8 DJX 586 EC
    Policy number: 005 004 02 * 001 * 001
    Policy Holder : Justice Kula
    This is to bring to your attention that I do not have a feedback from your side on progress for the claim of the above.
    I called I-direct many times using the following numbers : 0861 434 7328, 0860 109 693, 011 3302111and 011 225 7211.
    Only 011 225 7211 and 0861 434 7328 responded which they always up me to claim department that makes me to follow instruction leading me to hold until I get to a point of dropping the phone.
    It’s been two weeks and there is no progress on the car and when I ask the car body works they don’t know what’s going on.
    Your assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated and hopefully this matter can be resolved urgently.
    Yours faithfully
    Justice Kula
    Cont. 083 284 1949, 043 722 3858
    Fax No. 043 722 3797
    E-mail- kulaj@sainet.co.za ; kulajustice@yahoo.com

• Ri
      21st of May, 2010

I had the same experience with Absa iDirect. I submitted my car accident claim on 7 April 2010. Today is 21 May 2010 and my car has still not been fixed. Two days ago they phoned me to ask me again for the person’s information that drove into my car. The service is pathetic to say the least. This is my first time that I had to claim for anything from insurance and my first car accident. The whole experience is a nightmare. I’m definitely going to change insurance companies the moment I can.

• Va
      30th of May, 2010

I AM HAVING THE SAME EXPERIENCE AT THE MOMENT AND THIS IS ONGOING FROM THE 05 MARCH 2010. MY CAR IS NOW EVEN WORSE OFF THAN WHAT IT WAS AFTER COLLECTING IT FROM THE PANELBEATER ON FRIDAY THE 28 MAY 2010. NO ONE ANSWERS THERE PHONE IN THE CLAIMS DEPARTMENT . YOU CAN PHONE AND PHONE AND LEAVE MESSAGES.

Yours faithfully

VAN WIJK

• Lo
      25th of Aug, 2010
    Absa - This is most irritating and a waste of time
    Absa
    absa.co.za

1. I have complained numerous times about ABSA ATM machines continuously being out of paper or off line at month end. I end up having to go to the oppsition who does not seem to have this problem. 2. Attitude of some ABSA branches & head office is poor when it comes to customer service complaints. 3. ABSA policy now requires me to not only give my ID or drivers lisence but also to complete a form before I may be issued with a bank statement. For security reasons I do not opt for Internet & cell phone banking. This is most irritating and a waste of time. I agree fraud is at the order of the day but there must be a simpler system e.g. finger print scanning etc. This is primitive and raises my blood pressure when a long faced help desk employee has to help me, and this for a statement. By the way - I asked that my accounts be linked, was assured there is no problem yet it gives me error message on ATM. So whether I go inside bank or at ATM I am stuffed in getting what I need. Have raised this with bank manager and regional manager and the policy remains, I have to complete the form. I am beside myself with anger over this. Find other ways to check my security. Cust. Serv. useless!

• Ne
      17th of Feb, 2011

on the 25January 2011 i where involved in a accident with my bakkie.
    the claim process where finilized on the 31January2010
    but where my problem came in is withRenew it panelbeaters where my bakkie where taken and now choice where given to me where it should go
    from the 03Februarie till now the 17February the bakkie are not fixed as yet
    the only things to be done where the bumper, mudguard and light
    the dates given by Tony at Renew it is every day diffrent when you contact them first it where the 15 then the 20th then the 22nd and final the 28 maybe?when the accessor phoned me i where informed that its 60 hours of work to fix the bakkie.so where does the miscommunication come in at this stage, as im still waiting for my bakkie
    thanks Neels Faber 074 860 8539

• La
      26th of Apr, 2011

I have just submitted a claim and I hope I am not going to experience the same problems, but if I do, ill go as far as the ombudsman... ABSA can just try beating me around the bush... I have no time for their [censored]... I know that their helpline sucks coz I called and waited over 10 minutes before I could get assistance for roadside, which I am logging a complaint to ABSA now... I mean seriously, imagine if I really needed them in real emergency, I would probably be dead five times over... if I do get crap service, I will leave ABSA insurance once my car is done... I have never had this problem with Budget or MiWay...

• Si
      29th of Apr, 2011

The accident took place on the 30th of March 2011, and on the same date the claim was launched. After three weeks of waiting(with no updates on the proccess), I received an SMS confirming the Claim approval. The next morning, I decided to check with the panel beaters to see if really the claim had been approved. They were given the "go-ahead", but they were advised to use PIRATE PARTS (generic) to fix my car in order to cut the costs!

When I called ABSA Direct about that, they promised to call me back and that was the last time I had anything from them. I've tried several times to call them, but can't get any help from them! The worse part is that "the caretacy car is due to return on the 30th of April 2011".

The service I have received from ABSA Direct is incomparably BAD!

Sizwe Cele - 0829696993

• Sh
      25th of May, 2011
    I-Direct - Unauthorized charges to my ck acct
    I-Direct

This company has been pulling $80.00 a month from my checking account. I thought it was service charges from directv, but have since found similar complaints online. They are no better than street thugs, at least muggers have to exert physical energy when they steal. lazy dishonest sob's.

• Bt
      31st of May, 2011
    Absa Home Insurance - Worst service ever
    South Africa

I had a geyser that was leaking about 4 weeks ago Absa send out a contractor to come and look at it. Oh the contractor says nothing is wrong and he gaurentees that the geyser does not have to be replaced.
    Come Saterday morning at 02:00 am Woosh the water is running down the walls and the whole floor is wet after they just fixed the painting on the ceiling and walls this Wednesday past... I am so furious who the HELL do they think is going to pay all this money again for the geyser people and for the people who painted the walls and ceiling due to the damage of the GEYSER!!!

• Mt
      23rd of Jun, 2011
    Absa - Cannot access internet banking
    M. Taffara
    South Africa

I have been struggling to access my accounts via the internet for the past month. Either I get the message "Internet Explorer cannot display this page" or I get onto the home page and then I get automatically logged off. I cannot run my business and personal accounts like this. IT IS EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING!! I need to make urgent transfers and cannot do this. When I then have to go and make cash deposits to pay people, I'm charged with a cash deposit fee by some companies. This is simply unacceptable and needs to be addressed.

2nd of Jul, 2011

Ek is tans woonagtig in Botswana en kan nie op die internet my rekening betaal nie!! Is die heeltyd logged off.

• Se
      20th of Aug, 2011
    Absa Bank - Very poor service
    absa bank
    South Africa

We get paid Us dollar into our account. We have to phone the bank half to lick their behind to get our own money yet after they charge a fee to do the transaction. Secondly I can not see in this modern way of living why there cant be international bankers on duty on Saturdays as well. Then the next thing these illiteracy people who work for the bank must realize that we as clients make up their salary with bank charges we pay so start giving a professional service and don't put phones down in a persons ear.
    I think ABSA must wake up in life. They give ### service to clients.

• Se
      21st of Aug, 2011

Hi I do not have problem on the charges they charge but the big problem is the illiteracy of the employees who cant finalize a transaction and them when it time to go home put the phone down in your ear and let you wait a whole weekend just because the bank does not have a international banker to help over weekends. You must remember the money deposited is not the banks money it is a clients money and the service charged for using there facility is bank money. I am saying banks must treat clients with better service as without us a bank and there employees are nothing

• Ro
      27th of Oct, 2011

Thank you very much for your feedback. Please note that we are active on our Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/Absa.Bank
    ) and we encourage you to engage with us there, alternatively please e-mail your details to taft@absa.co.za and we will get in touch with you.

• Ha
      15th of Nov, 2011

I am currently ensured with Absa i-direct, I was involved in a car accident on 19 September 2011, I reported the accident the following day (20 September 2011). Absa referred me to Auto Magic in Centurion for an assessment on the damage, Auto Magic indicated that they won't be able to repair the car as the damage was not fit for them to repair. A couple of days there after a representative phoned to inform me that i need to take my car to a different Centre for repairs and i wanted to know if another assessment needed to be done by them, he said no. He also replied that a consultant will phone me shortly for arrangements to be done accordingly, nothing happened, about two weeks after that i phoned Absa and wanted to know the status of the Claim, where to go? and what to do? a consultant informed me that the consultant that handled my claim was on leave and another will come back to me shortly with all the detail. Today is thee 15the of November 2011 and I am still waiting for some one to get back to me, I already spent the money kept aside for the excess payment. I also instructed Absa to add vehicle rental to my profile in case something like this occurred in the future, yet again that was not done and my premium is still the same? I have never experienced service like this in my entire life!!! I am disgusted and I think Absa should be ashamed of the way they treat their customers and the manner in witch they do business!!! can we as consumers expect any reaction/action regarding this matter seeing that so many people complain about the service?

P.J. Bester

082 371 9117

• Yu
      12th of Dec, 2011
    Absa Provident Fund Death Claim - Claims taking too long to pay out
    ABSA - HATFIELD
    South Africa

My mum passed away 4 months ago and despite having to sort out all the provident fund information with the trustees in October, the monies have still not been paid out to the family. This is unacceptable and eveytime we call either Elize or Azima, we are told that they are giving this matter their urgent attention, which is obviously not the case if they can take 1, 5 months to make an "URGENT" payout. We are being shunted from pillar to post and no one is taking accountability to ensure that this matter is sorted out. We want ABSA to enusre that the monies are paid out to the family before the 16th December 2011!!!

• Yu
      12th of Dec, 2011

I totally agree and ABSA is notorious for dragging their feet with everyting they do. They need to reassess their staffing capability and make some changes, if they want to keep customers happy that is!

• Ah
      13th of Nov, 2012

i hadthe same problem with my geyser. blow me down the line it happened again. everytime they replace the eliment and there is no hot water at all. my roof is leaking and the assesor tells me it needs to be fixed, but turns the claim down everytime.

• Fe
      3rd of Feb, 2014

Untrained staff

Dear Abs
    Your staff is the reason why Abs gets a bad name from there clients so please sort out your staff. I am very pissed of how people don't take there work seriously.This is to Maritsa Strydom who works at ABSA Kenilworth who made a mess with my check account, she worked at Claremont ABSA branch and was Enquiry clerk setting up my dept orders from my savings to check account. She made a mess of it due to her my Bond was not paid on the 1 Feb 2014 and i have to go back to Claremont branch to do it al over again. I know nothing will be done about this complain. I will be billed extra for late payments and extra charges not MARITSA STRYDOM of ABSA Kenilworth.

Regards
    CLient

• Dr
      10th of Feb, 2014

Absa Idirect insurance is like robbery at day light, I'm also ensured by Absa Idirect and my car was involved in an accident in November 2013 and it couldn't move after the accident which means no transport for me up until now. Absa Idirect only approved the claim in Jan 2014, the rented car was only provided for 30 days, the assessor recommended that they don't fix all the dameges on my car, I was never advised about what is approved and not approved, towards the end of Jan 2014 the panelbeaters informed me that my car was complete, I went to check the car and it was still not moving and some damegis at the back were not fixed, when I enquired i was told that they only fixed what was approved by the insurance, I phone the insurance and they referred me to the assessor who rudely told me that the insurance approval was based on his assessment that the other dameges were as a result of previous ecident and NOT this accident, therefore, they will not be fixed I should take my car as it is and he doesnt want to discuss further about this issue, I must take my car to AA for technical inspection.

My concern:

The damegis were not there before this accident
    The car was moving prior to the accident
    The previous accident was also fixed by Absa insurance recommended panelbeaters
    Absa Idirect can't even bring my car back home as they picked it up not drivable
    I still don't still don't have transport as my car is not fixed and I am told to take my car to AA for Technical inspection while it's NOT drivable.

Why did I have the car insurance when I now have to suffer like this??????

DR. Nkosi