ABSA / clearing cheques without waiting 7 days
On the 25th of January 2010 I advertised my laptop on junkmail for sale. On Friday the 29th I received a call from someone who wanted to buy my laptop. I explained to them I they could only get it if the payment cleared in my ABSA account. Later that day I noticed that there was a cheque payment of R10 000.00 made into my account and it showed on my internet banking that it was cleared and I could use the funds. Just to confirm I phoned the ABSA helpline and asked if the payment could be reversed as it was a cheque payment. I was assured that if the funds were cleared it wouldn't be reversed. On Monday the 1st of February 2010 I logged onto my internet banking and noticed that the cheque bounced and the funds were returned. I went to my ABSA branch in Randburg to find out why the funds was cleared and then reversed? I was then told that it cleared automatically because I had a good credit rating with ABSA. I really think this is unfair because I did not ask for this facility and have never had any cheques deposited into my account. Now I am in arrears by R12 600.00 and ABSA says it is not their problem. I also received a registered letter today to say that I now owe them money.
More ABSA Complaints & Reviews
- ABSA Private Security Provident Fund - provident fund 
- ABSA Bank - refusing to close credit card account
- ABSA i-Direct - vehicle claim 
- ABSA - provident fund payout 
- PSSPF ABSA - claims 
- ABSA Bank - lack of service iro access to my internet banking (rvn no).
- ABSA ATM - absa atm swallowed my cash deposit money
- ABSA Bank - unauthorized debit form my account
- ABSA - cash swallowed by atm after I did not took money quick enough
- ABSA Bank - home loan