ABSA Bankcredit card

CMO de Almeida
ID: [protected]

I have been with Absa for 42 years.
I had a credit card with R27800 credit limit fo MANY years. I never ever went OVERDRAFT ONCE. I have paid my full credit account EVERY MONTH. Therefor I think that I am a good and trustable customer.
I had a fraud transaction that took place on my credit card on 3/4 October 2018.
I log a dispute and mail and talked to Nicole Peterson from Absa Dispute department on 18 October.
I was VERY scared and phone Absa credit card on 18 October 2018 and lowered my credit limit because I was scared more fraud will take place.
Nicole Peterson from Absa Dispute credit my account for the amounts on 22 October.

Now when I wanted to use my credit card it declined every time. I phone about 11 (ELEVEN ) times to please lift my limit because I made a mistake by lowering it to the lowest amount. NOW NOBODY from Absa credit card could help me to rectify my mistake ...by lifting my limit on my credit card. I went to ABSA Menlyn...the lady at customer services understand why I have tried to take my limit away because of the fraud...she tried a lot and phone credit card 4 times... She also could not lift my credit limit back... I told her she does not have to lift it back to R27800, she can try and lift it to R10 000.

After numerous phone calls from her to credit card department she eventually suggested that I close me and my wife credit card (which is linked to my card) and open a new credit card )I DID NOT UNDERSTAND WHY?????????. She cancelled the card and took us to a Premium consultant/manager. After spending 3 (THREE) hours in the branch she could not finalise a new card for us.

THIS IS VERY VERY BAD CUSTOMER services to tell me to wait 6 months and apply again to lift my limit.
Seeing my problem with the fraud it must be understandable why I lowered my limit. BUT NOW our CREDIT CARD IS OF NO USE TO US!!!

Can you please follow up and come with an acceptable solution. Or must I now go to Nedbank who offer me a new credit card with R20 000 limit. I cannot understand why I, who have been with ABSA for 42 years cannot get my credit card fixed with an acceptable limit NOW.

I have investments at ABSA:
R 500 000
R100 000
R 43 000

And my cheque account nr is : [protected]

YOU CAN CHECK MY HISTORY ON MY CREDIT CARD FOR ALL THESE YEARS AND CHECK MY CHEQUE ACCOUNTS HISTORY... and tell my why Absa cannot give my a credit card limit now.

Cesar de ALmeida