[Resolved] ABC Financial / contract dispute

1 Bentonville, AR, United States Review updated:

I signed a one year contract with my local fitness gym, Fuse Family Fitness. The gym had financial problems (no one ever went there) and changed management. The new gym is called "Powerhouse". Anyway, I wanted to cancel my membership. ABC Financial managed the billing for Fuse. I call them to cancel and they said I couldn't. They said we had a contract and I should read the fine print. What a rip! Only go to no-contract gyms or just jump rope at home.

• Resolution statement

• ABC Financial Services Customer Care's Response, May 24, 2011

Hello,
    We regret to hear your recent experience with ABC Financial Services and Fuse Family Fitness was not a satisfactory one. I would like the opportunity to review your account and see that proper action has been taken. We strive to address all consumer feedback, positive or negative, and want to make your situation was handled properly.
    Should you have any further comments please feel free to email me at stephanie.cook@abcfinancial.com

Stephanie Cook
    Data Research Analyst
    ABC Financial Services, Inc.

• ABC Financial Services Customer Care's Response, Jun 27, 2011

Hello, I would be more than glad to review your account with Fuse Family Fitness to see how i can help with your cancellation request. I was unable to pull your account with the information provided in your post. Please contact me at stephanie.cook@abcfinancial.com.
    Stephanie Cook
    Data Research Analyst
    ABC Financial Services, Inc.

Comments

1st of Jun, 2011

I also cancelled my FUSE membership when they suddenly closed. An email was sent by the owner saying all cancellation requests were taken care of. I also instructed my credit card company to deny any future charges, after all the gym I signed up for was no longer open. ABC Financial did try to bill my card and I have emailed them explaining the situation. They have told me to contact the gym, which I did last month!