Aarp - Hartford / Auto Insurance — Late billing & Cancellation Fee
On December 22, 2008 I received a notice from the State saying my vehicles were not insured. On December 29th I called AARP and they said they had forgotten to renew my policy but that I was covered. On January 6, 2009 I received my policy but the rates had increased by 20%. I called and they told me that since I was over 60 my rates increased. I told them this was unacceptable and purchased my auto policy through GEICO. Now AARP is saying that since I canncelled my policy they will be charging me 10% of the expired premium. I have tried to tell them the only reason I cancelled was because of the increse in premium that they did not let me know about until they policy was already in force.
I don't think I shuld have to pay the 10% penalty. I am will to pay for coverage at the previous rate until I cancelled.
More Aarp - Hartford / Auto Insurance Complaints & Reviews
- The Hartford - Where is my money? 
- Hartford Insurance Company - Hidden fees 
- Aarp / The Hartford - Insurance 
- Hartford Insurance - Harrasment 
- The Hartford - Worker's Comp Adjuster Conducted Fraud
- The Hartford Aarp - Cancellation of Insurance 
- Hartford Auto Insurance / AARP - 3 times the rate of State Farm 
- The Hartford Property And Casualty Of Htfd - auto insurance bait and switch
- The Hartford Insurance Aarp - Auto damage
- The Hartford - accident not caused by me, but am paying the &price for it.&