The Hartford Financial Services Group Logo

The Hartford Financial Services Group

Having problems with The Hartford Financial Services Group?

The Hartford Financial Services Group reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Dec 8, 2006. The latest review Auto insurance aarp hartford auto insurance was posted on Jul 8, 2020. The latest complaint Increase Premium For Home Insurance was resolved on Nov 19, 2012. The Hartford Financial Services Group has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 47 reviews. The Hartford Financial Services Group has resolved 18 complaints.

The Hartford Financial Services Group Customer Service Contacts

+1 860 547 5000 (Customer Service)
+1 888 546 9099 (Quotes (Sales)
+1 877 805 9918 (AARP Auto & Home Claims)
+1 877 687 1279 (AARP Glass Claims)
+1 800 423 6789 (AARP Auto)
+1 800 322 7789 (ATV / Golf Cart / Snowmobile)
+1 877 621 4981 (Spanish)
+1 877 422 2345 (Home Insurance)
+1 800 296 7542 (Flood Insurance)
+1 888 925 3137 (Small Business Insurance Program)
+1 855 829 1683 (Business Insurance)
+1 866 467 8730 (Business Insurance Service Center)
+1 877 287 1316 (Payroll Billing Service)
+1 800 327 3636 (Commercial Auto Claims)
+1 888 656 0817 (Fidelity & Surety Bonds)
+1 800 231 5453 (Hartford Variable Life)
+1 800 243 5433 (Hartford Traditional Life)
+1 888 843 7824 (The Hartford Mutual Funds)
+1 866 574 3542 (College Savings)
690 Asylum Avenue
Hartford, Connecticut
AARP Auto Insurance Program
P.O. Box 14215, Lexington, KY 40512

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with The Hartford Financial Services Group Customer Service. Initial The Hartford Financial Services Group complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for The Hartford Financial Services Group above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about The Hartford Financial Services Group. Discuss the issues you have had with The Hartford Financial Services Group and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

The Hartford Financial Services Group Complaints & Reviews, Page 3

Hartford InsuranceHarrasment

Currently watching how they seem to be attempting to harass and cheat an elderly neighbor. A 73 year old widow whose house took a battering in Hurricane Ike. Currently they are attempting to force her to sign a waiver which claims that NONE of the damage to her property was caused by Ike. If this was so then none of the damage or the flooding that any of her neighbors suffered was also to do with Ike. In fact according to the dubious character who called at her home, it's as though Ike just never happened. This is ludicrous since she can document that her house was re-roofed only recently. Watch this space. I'm thinking a report to the BBB following this will be in order. I would seriously hate to be in the position of attempting to get anything out of these people. This in my opinion is a bad insurance company. No one in their right mind would have a policy with them with this level of carry-on.

• Ro
      rosran Nov 18, 2010

Never never puchase insurance form them. If you do you will be sorry.

• Ca
      catawba May 20, 2010

Instead of the BB, file with the Federal Trade Commission and State Attorney General's office in their respective state for an investigation and maybe even a discrimination case with the elderly organizations in your state. Contact your local TV stations and their consumer divisions for a human interest story. Hartford Insurance and others all spend millions of dollars each year on advertisement, putting this information out for the public to see what happens and telling what they do if they think no one will do or say anything is another. All of our dealings with Hartford Insurance company were fraudulent. Our rep from AARP could not tell the truth if he even knew how to tell the truth - he lied and lied and lied. Guess what, we are senior adults but senior adults who are consumer wise. We paid everything with a credit card and then challenged the charge with our evidence. GET IT IN WRITING and THEN SOCK IT TO THEM!! We even have started taping conversations (like they do) to use against them if they are committing fraud. Get their approval first - they never think about the ramifications down the road.

• Be
      Beavis y Butthead Feb 05, 2009

The fact of the matter is that employees of insurance companies are directed, and even rewarded, when they are able to turn down a claim. I recently tried to file a claim with the Hartford auto insurance, and was turned down. They cited a technicality in my policy about how quickly I reported my claim and denied it. Now I'm stuck with $4000 in repairs to my vehicle! Remind me, why do I have car insurance again???

Jonty Nov 21, 2008

Similar experience with them. They bully and lie to the elderly. SCAM!

The Hartford Property And Casualty Of Htfdauto insurance bait and switch

paid in full for on year renewal which was 933.00 the following week i get a notice that my preminum had changed to 1, 400. i call this a bait and swith policy

The HartfordFailure to address and resolve claim

Claim was reported 05/24/08 - company did not provide an on-site review of the property until a secondary claims adjuster was assigned 07/11/08 and reviewed the property on 07/11/08 - to date 08/02/08 there has been no further communication from The Hartford of any kind.

noname2011 Jun 01, 2011

I feel for you. Do not think its only seniors. I am 33, on medical leave from a government job that started out as a fall downstairs; which lead to other issues. It has been almost 5 months and they cant 'determine' yet whether my claim is mental or physical; i said both and what difference does it make; an accident is an accident. Turns out Hartford only has to pay 2 years for 'mental claims' and until Im 65 for physical claims, needless to say Im still waiting for my results. I try to email and they HATE communicating that way. I do not have a phone readily available so email is really my most convien way to contact them. Funny they have the calls recorded and accept mail via the postal services but will not answer me rather 'remind me' email is not acceptable for them..Well geee; im sorry; im disabled, victim of dv, on medical leave from school and ordered to bed rest. Hang in there; I cant do a day at a time; try an hour at a time with them and if you try to find info on the website; good luck its very basic.

The Hartford Financial Services Group&Reasonable costs& for reimbursement unreasonable

I purchased the Premier plan for my 2 pets because it was the lowest plan that covered dental cleanings. For 10 months I paid $110 per month without filing a claim.

Then I filed the claim for the 2 dental cleanings with pre-op blood work. While the amount I paid for the cleanings came to about $1200, they covered about $250 for each pet, saying that was 80% of the "reasonable costs".

I have used many vets over the years, and even 20 years ago the cheapest dental cleaning I saw was $500. When I talked to the customer service rep, she told me that they get "reasonable costs" by averaging the costs of vets in the area INCLUDING the Humane Society (I'm sorry, is that an option, to have my personal pets' medical care given by a charity who cares for homeless pets?)

So I searched the internet for vets in my area, and I called the first ten vets that popped up. The average price for dental cleanings with pre-op blood work was about $450. (One was very low - $200 - but everyone else was about $500-$600 or more).

I wrote a nice appeal letter, which, of course, was denied stating only that the amount charged by my vet was above "reasonable costs".

This is not over. I will be contacting the BBB, the parent company, the ASPCA themselves, the Humane Society and anyone else who might be interested. In the meantime, do not make the same mistake I did!

Aarp / The Hartford — Insurance

I wrote the AARP/The Hartford about this problem and nothing happened? To the Executive Director of...

Hartford Insurance Company — Hidden fees

When I cancelled insurance with the Hartford Auto Insurance I was charged a 10% cancellation fee. AARP...

The Hartford — Where is my money?

I work at Walmart Supercenter in Cambridge OH. I too have been calling the Hartford everyday asking where i...