Aaron's Rent To Own / terrible service

1 6131 White Horse Rd., Greenville, SC, United States Review updated:
Phone: 864-295-9797

I went to Aaron's on 12/15/10 to get a HP Touchsmart Laptop for my daughter. The salesman was friendly and asked if I wanted a new or pre-leased computer. I said i'd prefer a new one. Well, he said let me call around to our other stores in the area and I'll see if they have any new ones. He told me he would call me before 2 pm that day. By Friday, 12/17/10, he still hadn't called so I decided to settle and went up to the store to see about a pre-leased one. I talked with a manager regarding payments and such and he was very informative. He told me even thought it was a laptop, it was their policy that it had to be delivered and they would deliver it on Saturday, 12/18/10 between 10 and 3. I sat around all day Saturday and no one ever showed up or even bothered to call. I called the store at 3:30 and the guy said their driver had ran out of hours and had left for the day but that NOW I could pick it up if I wanted. So I drive up to the store for a 3rd time and when I got there I waited for 15 minutes for them to get the computer I paid for on Friday, ready. Don't you think they should have done that when I paid for it? Luckily I asked about the pen that comes with the computer because all I saw was the powercord. The guy said he didn't know where it was and proceeded to look around in a few boxes with no results. He said he was going to have to order one for it. Shouldn't they have done that when it was returned without one? I told him I needed it ASAP because Christmas is near. He told me he didn't know how long it would take and that he would call me. As with everytime they've told me this, I'm sure that I'm the one that will have to call them. I have never seen a business that is so unorganized and lacks anykind of communication between the workers. They really seem to care less about anything other than taking your payment. I will be calling the manager on Monday, because of course the person I needed to talk to wasn't there at the time when I picked up the computer. Save yourself the hassle and go somewhere else.

Comments

• Be
      18th of Dec, 2010

They are suppose to have these things in stock. If they didn't then they should have told you that they were out of stock. The salesman was unprofessional.

• Ba
      18th of Jan, 2011

I agree that they are disorganized and frequently discourteous. The reason, though, that they said they have to deliver the laptop is that they have to physically confirm your address with your first lease. It's to assure that they can find you if collection attempts become necessary.