Aaron's / poor service!

We rented a TV, had been paying for 3 months, then on Labor Day weekend, we took off on a trip to look at some property in northern NV where we bought some property. My wife works overnight shifts, and I am self employed where I work an hour/half from home. We got back from our trip that Sunday, and thought we would take care of all bill that were due that following Saturday when we are both home. Well Aaron's didn't wait a day over our due date, that they were sending an employee to our house. Not at a reasonable hour. The first time the guy came by was a little after 6am! My wife had just got to bed, when the door bell was ringing and pounding at the door!! She told him we would take care of our payment that Sat. when we could come in. Two days later same guy came knocking (pounding) on our door again!! This time was around 7:05 am!! My wife told they guy NOT to come around so early and said we will take care of it!. Then three days later that Sat morning, the same guy (again) showed up a little after 7am!! This time I was home!! I told him NOT to every come to ur house that early!! He laughed at me and told me he could come any time he wanted too!! I them told him to get off my property or I would call the Sheriff! he once again laughed at me!! I was really mad, so when my wife got up we went to pay the bill, then decided to call them and pay over the phone, while we were on hold waiting for them to process our payment, the manager came on the line, and started yelling at my wife, that his employee made a police report against me for threatening him!! What kind of business do they run?? They are worse than loan sharks!! No professional business would ever come knocking on someones door so early in the morning!! The manager said to me that he wanted them to come and pick up our tv!! Then he told us that they are charging us $10 for every time they send some one to our house!!! Convenient for them, when the guy lives right here in this little bitty town? Isn't it just a "bit" unreasonable to send someone over, not only that early in the morning, but 3 times in one week, when my wife specifially told him we were on a trip and coming in to take care of the payment in 7 days???... We called the corporate headquarters and made a complaint. The business is a franchise we were told, and the owners nema is 5 star corp and a man and wife owned it, he also gave me their names... The complaint was sent to them. We should be hearing from them on Mon or Tues. This is ridiculous, they took our payment and now want to come and pick the tv up! We have a 6 month agreement with them, how convenient it is for them to take this back??? Our suggestion before leasing anything from Aaron's is check them out before leasing with them. Even though Aaron's has a standard policy for all the franchises, we are told by corp headquarters, that because it is a franchise, the run things the way they want to. Even if they are out of line. But they CAN get in trouble if they cross the line. They can have their franchise license revoked... Beware!!

Kl
Sort by: Date | DownRating

Comments

• Un
      18th of Nov, 2010

i am renting a tv from aarons went up on the 1st when my payment was due put 100 down and told them id be back on the fallowing wed to pay another 70 down because i recently got laid off and was waiting for unemployemnt they told me that was fine well after calling everyday and everday i would answer the phone and tell them that i already told them id be there on the 17th a man shows up at my door on the 16th and said he was here to get my tv well i was walking out the dopor with my 2 year old son to pick my daughter up he would not let me out of my drive way so i had to walk in the rain with my son to pick my daughter up from school when i went up on the 17th to make the payment they REFUSED my payment and said they wanted the tv back i told him to take me to court because i only have 3 payments left on my tv after paying on it for a year and a half it seems like they start giving everyone trouble when the item is almost paid off i called the number that some one had put on this site and im hoping to hear something soon

19th of Mar, 2011

Alright walmart pays more than any other retail store period. You do get paid for overtime worked. As for the treatment of employees it varies based on the mamagement team they have. To sit here and say all this crap is hogwash. Ive worked for target meijer kmart and kroger. Walmart has benn the best place to move up and make more money. Just because theyre not unionized is the only reason you all are [censor]ing. Guess what unions dont do a damn thing for retail employees. Never once did my union rep stand up for me at meijer but he made sure the union got their money. So [censor] all of you unionizers. Im glad that theyre not union. They get stuff cheaper tuan other stores hence the cheaper prices. That is all [censor]es

8th of Mar, 2008
    Aarons Sales Lease - Customer Service and delivery
    Aarons Sales Lease
    Turlock
    California

Aarons customer service is so unorganized there all just kids!! We have a debit card with them they were talking out different amounts they need to have someone at there office get the book keeping in order, we called to change are card number to debit and they didn't take it in on record and they came to my house at 100am and at 3:45 am banging on my door! My daughter was so scared, i was bye the door and door wasn't locked good they put a flier on my door and turned then knob i heard them say i wont tell if you don't if they would of came in they would have been in big big trouble if you know what i mean!!! So the next day i called and they acted like they would not do that! Will call cops next time!!

• Mz
      13th of Mar, 2010

I understand what you are saying Mike but what about the customers like me who made my payments on time and still got stewed by Aaron's. I bought a computer last year in September and it stopped working in November. I didn't want to go that route but I needed it at the time for my job.When I signed the agreement, the sales person said that it was brand new but that wasn't true. When they bought it to my home, it already had a pass code set up that they didn't know the code and then when I figured it out, I found music already in it.Because I wasn't using it for that purpose, I ignored it and kept it anyway. Now when I 1st brought it in to be fixed because I couldn't pull up my paperwork on my flashdrive, they said that they were going to fix it but I had to go a week without it. When I did get it back it still had the same problems and some new ones too. When I took it back the 2nd time, I found out that they let someone in the store fix it and he had no clue of what was wrong with it. I took it back to the store the same day and the sales person had the nerves to ask me could I just deal with it?!!! That is no customer service!!! Yet, he said they had to send it out to be serviced and I agreed but I asked could I get a loaner until I got mines back and the guy said that they would get me a loaner by that Weds and this happened on a sat and they never got me one. So now I haven't had it in 5 months and they call me, write me and even came by my home one day and left a note demanding the merchandise back which I do not have. I've called the store everytime it happened and the person who handles their accounts just say don't worry about it and just throw it away. They also say they are going to put it into their computer that I no longer have it but here we are months later and i'm still getting harrassed about something that I do not have. Then the account manager said that he had a woman that has been waiting on her television since the summer and they still hasn't gotten it to her. I am really cautious about my credit and I know the way that they are harrassing me, that most likely, they have put this on my credit report. So since you know so much about this situation, how would you suggest I handle this?

• Mi
      7th of Mar, 2010

I just recently started working with aarons as a manager trainee after 18 years in upper management with another firm. I have heard so many different complaints in my life about late payments, harrasing calls, rude sales and management staff, etc. etc. Aarons is no different than any other business as they expect you to hold up to your end of the agreement or lease. So many people have this woe is me attitude and its nobodys fault but your own folks. Make your payments on time, if you dont like the phone calls or visits from employees, pay your bills!!! If someone is rude report it to their upper management. (Here's an idea), , , , , , You let me borrow 10, 000 and ill promise to pay you back at 100.00 a month til its paid off. See how quick you start calling me or visiting me if i dont answer the phone or the payment is late when its your money on the line. This is a business plain and simple. Its never personal until you make it so... Simple enough, if you cant afford it or know you cant make the payment dont buy it!!!

Mike from Cape Coral, Fla.

• Be
      9th of Jul, 2010

I agree with Mike. Everyone has been whining and complaining about how they are the victim. You all have to remember, you are LEASING this merchandise. It does not belong to you so until you have paid it off. If you are late than they are going to call you and come by to your house to see what the problem is. How can you get mad at that? Own up to your responsibility and you won't have these issues. Also, you need to make sure you are being an informed consumer when you are signing these agreements, if you didn't pay attention to the "USED" right next to the merchandise, then that is your fault. You all must get better at this! It's not rocket science! Read what you are signing! Plain and Simple.

• St
      1st of Jan, 2010

I was renting a riding lawn mower from Aaron, made a payment on Saturday, Aaron had there worker come to my house Monday afternoon afternoom, after I had gone to work and picked up my lawn mower and to this day 1/1/2010 they have not called as to why they picked it up, and that was Nov. 2009 . I feel if they had plans to breach my contract they should not have taken my $109.00

• Pu
      30th of Mar, 2010

Wow!!! rich keep getting richer huh? That is the stupidist thing I have heard. You need to understand that the rental industry is a risk business. The mark up on items such as that playstation you mentioned (which at $40/mo for 12 mo comes to $480 not $700) is because when people rent items they dont take care of them. When people return items or they repo items more often than not the merchandise is in horrible condition. They have a lot of overhead costs. I'm not saying it applies to you specifically but alot of times that playstaion goes out with $40 down on it and comes back 1 month later broken, so now they have an item they own for $300 with only $40 of revenue on it. A loss of $260. Between that and the one then went for the full term of the agreement they collected $520. a loss of $80. You also have the 90 day same as cash option and early pay off savings. So, really to pay for that one machine that was broken sometimes you need to sell 3, 4, or even 5 playstations to start making a profit again. All of this was not figuring in the operating costs either. So, dont tell me they are making money hand over fist or taking advantage of the poor. Yes they make a profit, of course, they are not a charitable orginazation.

11th of Oct, 2007

I too have recently had trouble with Aarons. I'm trying to find a way best to handle the situation. They are terrible unprofessional. There are approximately a dozen working in the store near me who do not know what one says to a customer so another says and does something else. They are rude and threatening. We were late on a payment and had someone come to our home who refused to leave when I asked even though we paid that same day. He and another man stood in my home with me and my seven year old daughter and told me that he would not leave my house and that he would by tomorrow have the sheriff there and I would be arrested and lose my TV and all the money I put in it already. I felt scared, threatened. I had been sick all week which left me tired, weak and emotional. Finally when the man did leave I called the manager whom I thought was a little more professional from past experience but I was wrong. He raised his voice and told me I needed to return my TV and was out of choices in the matter. I told him I was not losing my TV after paying $1000 already on it and he accused me of screaming at him. I ended up hanging up then dealing with abuse. I'm looking for a way to go to the next step legally in dealing with this issue.

• Kl
      24th of Jun, 2008

HI Jade.

My family has put up with their carp now for almost a year now. We only have a couple of payments left. When Aaron's emplyoee filed a police report on me, the Sheriff came out, and told us that No business came come that early 9:00am is reasonable. The report went no where. After that incident with Aaron's They do not come to our house at all. The Sheriff said if they come to our house and threaten us to call them right away. He said if we make our payment they cannot demand the tv back. We called that day and made the tv payment after it was made the manage came back on the phone, said for us to give the tv back! They run illegal practices. yes we have been late a few more times, but not once has anyone came back to our house! The sheriff told us he was going to have a talk with them. He must have because we dont hear from them anymore! By the way. Don't ever let them in your house ever!. They have no rights to come into your house. Also its doesnt matter if they want it back. If you owe them and even can't pay for it, it turns into a civil law suit, and they have to go the court proceedure for repossion. Do not let them intimidate you. If they come knocking dont answer the door. Or if you do tell them to leave they are treesspassing. If they threaten to call the Sheriff, let them. The sheriff will tell them to go through the court. the Sheriff has no jusrisdiction in forcing you to give it back. Does not matter what the paper says that you signed, they still have to follow the law. The only thing the Sheriff can do when called is preserve the peace. Thats all. California laws here.

• Xg
      2nd of Mar, 2010

by law they can come to your door 8:am until 9:pm.you have the right to say stop u just need to do it in writing they can only call 3 times a day again thats the fair collections act that protects consumers.keep in mind if they talk to your freinds or even your family about your contract with them or any $ amount.If they do u have a good lawsuit against them

• La
      5th of Apr, 2012

For some of you out there... ThaT have settled legal issues with these jerks...

PLEASE LET OTHER KNOW HOW OU DID IT...WE ALL HAVE RIGHTS... FOOLS PLAY GAMES THINKING IF YOU FEEL LIKE ### BECAUSE YOUR PAYMENT LATE YOU BE TO SCARED TO FIGHT BACK LEGALLY FOR FEER OR LOSING YOUR BELONGINGS...

FIGHT BACK GUYS, , , LOOK UP THE LAWS AND DOCUMENT, , , , THESE FOOLS SO ###ED THEY WILL VOILATE EVERY LAW RIGHT DOWN TO BREAKING INTO YOUR HOUSE OR NOT ALLOW YOU TO CLOSE YOUR DOOR .. TECHNICALLY DETAINING YOU IN YOUR OWN HOME !!!SORRY ABOUT SPELLING GUYS IN RUSH BUT KNOW IF THESE ARE THE THINGS YOUR DEALING WITH YOU GOT YOURSELF A GOOD CASE, , , , DOCUMENT...KEY PART IS THE THE DETAIING IN YOUR DOOR WAY... GET SMALL CAMCORDER HIDDEN...CALL POLICE AND KEEP USE UPDATED...GOOD LUCK

• La
      5th of Apr, 2012

Look this issue is about respect.. I too been renting from Arrons for years..As a landlord I purchased items for my rental units and write off these cost on my taxes..

Yet about 2 years ago Arrons fired all the good people working there..Now I get harassing phone calls the day items are due, not even end of day but all day even when paid on line that day!!! Up to ten calls a day on the actual due date not at the end of the day or even a grace period...

I warned the manger to stop these calls or I will go else where.. The people they hire seem to be losers who feel empowered even threatening you demanding you when you coming it to pay... As if you owe then thousands and 30 days have passed...In the last 4 months I had problem paying on the due dates as my tenants are having it hard and paying rent late but with in ten day grace period, , , as for myself I working part time and finishing my schooling for a better job...It doesnt matter if you call them, talk to them the calls will not stop.. Then they have the nerve to come to my property to REMIND ME PAYMENT IS DUE...Look guys just make your payments and dont let these losers get you down.. If you have to use Arrons only use them for the 120 day plan if not just send it back..MAKE SURE THEY DONT PUT IN THE 6 MONTH RENTAL MIN in the contract so you cant bring it back.. They are so greedy they will take it out of contract, , , , I rented and purchased thousands of dollars with 120 day plan and in last 10 years allways had an active contract yet no respect as the last two years with the calls and harassment... if you cant pay in 120 day just use rental center.. Clearly the losers they hire dont care if you having it hard or if you purchased thousands from them...They have lost me as a customer period !!! I will finish last 2 payment when receiver my rents this month a pay off freg NEVER USE THEM AGAIN.. I think they will be out of business soon enough.. You cant treat people like dogs when your making 200% interest..Arrons was great in the past even lowing pay off the get new items !! even allowed skip a month if you long time client, , Now with these losers that think they are IRS agent with their broken English, , , best just to give stuff back or pay off items and never use them again...I believe the real issue is about how they pay the employees. In the past the sale agents were paid a commision per customer so hence you get same agent and they respected your long term business, , , , They fired them all and hired losers border line criminals and put some Arrons agent clothing on to harrase you and pay them low wages...I could personally never call some one 10 times on a due date when my rents were due..Right? Even if you call them it doesnt stop...Like I said give it back go to rental center or just hang in there until your paid off...I dont have the time to do law case against them but they are upsetting me where I am tempted to keep the HARRASING CALLS ON VM UP TO 20 A DAY AND legallyCHALLENGE THEM.. EVEN THIS VISITING YOUR PROPERTY I WOULD JUST CALL THE POLICE REMIND THEM THEY ARE ON PRIVATE PROPERTY EVEN START SOME THING IF YOU CAN TO GET A RESTRAINING ORDER...THEY ARE SET THEMSELVES UP FOR IT SO HARRASSE THEM BACK WITH YOUR RIGHTS !!! I MIGHT JUST DO IT !!! FOR NOW JUST GOING TO PAY THEM OFF THEN TO HAVE THEM COME TO MY PROPERTY AND WORRY MY TENANTS AND HAVE TO DEAL WITH SOME LOW LIFE SALES PERSON LOOKING FOR A CONFRONTATION AND DEAL WITH MANAGERS WHO HAVE NO CLASS OR ANY CLUE OF THE LAW, , LEGALLY THEY CANT CALL YOU MORE THAN 3 TIMES IN A DAY !!! MORE IMPORTANT SHOULD BE REPEAT BUSSINES FOR THEM TREATING CLIENTS LIKE DOG^$&^*&( NO COMPANY WILL SURVIVE WITH THAT KIND OF MODEL!!! USE YOUR RIGHTS RECORD, DOCUMENT HOW MANY TIMES THEY CALL YOU...CALL THE POLICE IF ON YOUR PROPERTY IF THEY TRY TO STOP YOU FROM CLOSING YOUR DOOR CALL THE POLICE !!! THEY DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO PREVENT YOU FROM CLOSING YOUR DOOR AND ENDING THE HARRASSEMENT VISIT.. IF THEY TRY TO OR PUSH YOUR DOOR OPEN HAVE THEM ARRESTED AND USE YOUR DOCUMENTATION, VOICE MAILS WHEN YOU GO TO COURT TO PLACE RESTRAINING ORDER AND FOLLOW UP IN SMALL CLAIMS COURT AFTER YOU WIN YOUR CRIMINAL COURT CASE AND REMIND YOURSELF YOU LIVE IN THE USA AND HAVE DAM RIGHTS...THE MANAGER OF THAT STORE SHOUD YOU BE HURT DURING ONE OF YOUR " REMINDER "VISITS FOR TRYING TO CLOSE YOUR DOOR WILL LEARN THE HARD WAY THAT BEING BROKE DOESNT GIVE ANY RETAILOR THE RIGHT TO NOT FOLLOW THE LAWS...GOD BLESS AND GOD LUCK WITH FUTURE LEGAL CASES AND HOPE YOU ALL GET PAID IN FULL !!! EASY TO DO IF YOU DONT LET THEM MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE DIRT AND PAY ATTENTION TO THE HARRASEMMENT CALLS AND PUSH A COUPLE BOTTONS TO PUSH THEM TO OVER THE LEGAL LINE.. THEY ARE PUSHING YOU EMOTIONALLY!!!... WHY NOT? THEY DESERVE IT RIGHT? MAYBE THEN AFTER THEY HAVE TO PAY YOU, YOUR LAWYER AND GIVE YOUR STUFF FREE THEY LEARN AND THIS WILL HELP EVER ONE !!!...It not a crime to be late !! No judge going to understand their harrasing tactics when they are making over 100% interest and you paid for years on time... Trust me guys Arrons legally putting themselves in a bad position legally and theese workers are ignorant and cocky and will not need much to cross your right inside your home...Document, document and push just enough and push ALL THE LAW ON THEM FROM POLICE BEING CALLED TO RESTAININIG ORDER AND THEN FOLLOW UP FOR THE KILL... DONT SETTLE FOR FREE TV JUST GET YOURSELF A GOOD LAWYER WHO WILL DEMISTRATE THESE PRACTICE AND IF YOU GET SMALL INJURY DONT BE AFRAID TO MAN UP TO THESE ASSH...L

• Do
      4th of Feb, 2009

aaron rents refuse to leave home owners alone and are calling my home costantly and looking for someone that does not live here
    his name is HARRY AT 1-770-426-3920 HE SAT HE IS LOOKING FOR A MAN CALLED ROSS AND THEIR IS NO SUCH PERSOM HERE AND THE HPONE NUMBER IS WRONG AS WELL
    THE KOKOMO INDIANA ARRNNON RENTS IS ALSO GUILTY OF BOTHERING HOME OWNERS IN KOKOMO . WHERE IS THE PROTECTION WE HAD ON NO CALL LIST
    THESE GUYS ARE NOT CUSTOMER FRIENDLY

• Do
      4th of Feb, 2009

AARON RENT 1-770-426-3920 AND HIS NAME IS HARRY IS BOTHERING THIS HOME WITH HIS LACK OF INFORATION AND THE RIGHT NAME OFR MY ADDRESS AND PHONE NUMBER
    THE STAE ATTORNY HAS GIVEN ME AN APPLICATION. I AM SENDING THIS IN . tHE STATE ATTORNEY SAID I HAVE TO SENT YOU THIS NOTE BEFORE AND IF I HAVE ANY PROBLEMS, THEN I AM TO SEND IN THE PERTY THAT REFUSE TO QUIET BOTHERING THIS HOME
    AARON DO NOT KNOW HOW TO FOLLOW UP ON THE CUSTOMERS INFORMATION. ANYOONE CAN WALK OFF THE STREET AND USE OTHER NAMES AND NO FOLLOW UP OR QUESTION THE I.D.

• He
      28th of Mar, 2009

Today I had an Aarons driver at my house. I made my payment last night. This was only after I had called them and told them last Saturday that I would be in on Friday. The manager proceeded to call my house three times on Monday. When I told her I already had made payment arrangements she called again and again. When I stopped in to make the payment on Friday night and told her I wasn't happy with the service she denied calling me stating that it was in the computer so she wouldn't have called me. I made my payment, in fact a payment and a half, so we can pay it off quicker and have no more dealings with these people, and went home. Saturday morning in pulls the Aarons delivery truck. Needless to say the poor guy got a real earful. I then called the manager and complained. Once again she had no idea why he was there. I think they need to make sure the employees they hire can read and write English and obviosly b e computer literate. Afterall the computer is what tells them that I made my payment and prints out my receipt, Which I make sure I have each and everyone and are filed in order so I can prove to them that yes someone out here does know what they are doing. Maybe I should go try to manage the store, I couldn't do any worse than Chris does.

• Le
      16th of Dec, 2013

Well I've dealt with then to. If they come on your property. Tell them to leave . If they don't. Call sheriff .. if they will not leave your house or remove foot from door then whip there ### or shoot there ###. There in your home against your will. I pulled gun on Aarons guy and he ran for the hills. He called sheriff and sheriff told him I was in my rights. And that I could've killed him legally. So people. Don't put up with it

• Ca
      14th of Dec, 2013

We rented from Aarons really no problems, we paid money on 20th on 18th rent a center was calling us telling us Aarons was our of business and they took over, we had some issues with are furniture called rent a center, they have no idea what we even have help? Aarons is still open in next town, they also acted like I had more furniture then we do also. Called Aarons main office and they told me to write a letter to company is this all legal?

• Un
      13th of Jul, 2009

Hi I have a major problem with Aaron's as well. I live in Beckley, WV and around the memorial day weekend I went to Aarons to get a laptop computer. I needed one for my work. Needless to say after being there for nearly 3 hours I left with my laptop. I told my mother about it and she too wanted a laptop so we went together in the next day or so and got her one. Well, in all the time that I was there when I got mine NO ONE ever mentioned to me about a down payment or a first months payment or anything close to it. I left out of there with only my agreement and my laptop and the free printer. So when my mom goes to get hers AGAIN no one ever mentions to me about me having to pay or anything. They did give me a certain percentage off for bringing my mother in. So a few days go by and I work on the road mostly so me not being home is no big suprise. Well my boyfriends dad kept saying someone called for me and again no big suprise my clients call me a lot. But it was Aarons come to find out saying that I needed to bring the laptop back until I made my payment. I was like what??????? what payment are you talking about...and the guy admitted on the phone to me that THEY made a mistake and shouldn't have let me walk out of the store without making a payment or putting money down. Now I do not do business like this. Especially when it has been 2 weeks ago that I got the laptop. I told him I would not be making any kind of payment until it was due on the 23rd of the next month. He got really aggravated at me and said he was going to file court papers against me for having stolen property. I AM NOT AN IGNORANT PERSON NOR DO I TAKE THREATS LIKE THIS LIGHTLY. I work hard for my dollars and don't appreciate being talked to like a child. I have 3 degrees one of them being a law degree, so NO Aaron's can't call and harass you over their mistake. And NO Aaron's can't just show up at your house and threaten to take back what you leased from them. I work as a counselor and these people need help pyschologically mentally and emotionally. They evidently have missed out on something in life to think they can treat another human being like they do without consequences. I will NEVER do business with them again and suggest to anyone else out there DON'T GO TO AARON"S RENTALS!!!

25th of Oct, 2012
    Aarons Sale And Lease - Trying to make me pay for something not in my name
    Aaron's sales and lease
    Calhoun
    Georgia

This guy that lived with us went to aarons and got some furniture and he moved out and left it I sent it back a week later they call me saying it was messed up and could not resell it told me I had to pay for it but its not on my name and was in good condition when it left my house. Then they came out and dropped it in my yard and keep calling me saying I have to pay for it what can I do or do I have to pay? They keep threading me but it was not my stuff