2008 Toyota Sienna CE / excessive tire wear

1 Harrisburg, PA, United States Review updated:

In June 2009, I bought a used 2008 Toyota Sienna CE with only 25K miles on it from a local dealership. As of today, November 26, 2010, the van has 37K miles on it and I have had 3 flat tires. I replaced the 2 front tires at 29K miles and replaced the rear tires at 36K miles (high mileage quality tires). When I replaced the rear tires, the mechanic questioned if I would like to replace the front tires because they looked worn. I told the mechanic there was only 8K miles on the front tires!!! He then told me that Toyota Sienna's eat front tires due to a front-end design flaw. He suggested I rotate tires often and expect to replace tire my tires often (like every 30K miles). Who can afford that? It's one thing to have a defective part on a vehicle, it's another thing to have a design defect that the consumer ends up paying for. To my knowledge Toyota claims no fault. I am going to trade it ASAP.

Km

Comments

• Je
      14th of Mar, 2012

I have a 2008 Toyota Sienna Limited and have experience the same problem with premature wear on my tires. I was told by the tire company that this vehicle is known for this and to rotate them often. I only have 15, 000 miles on the newest set of tires and the front tires are bald. This will be my 3rd set of tires with 40, 000 miles on the vehicle. I am really disappointed that Toyota has not identified and fixed this problem.

• Er
      4th of Oct, 2012

I have the same exact problem with 2008 Sienna CE. My front tires are wearing out prematurely. Front tires worn out outside quickly. I replaced the original tires on 29k due to outside worn out. My second new set of tires only lasted 27k. I have just put new sets of tires. Even though I have done tire rotation and alignment regularly, it did not help. My tire shop (Firestone) manager is telling me that Siennas have this kind of problems. However, Toyota service center denies such issues.