2007 Ford Ranger Sport / poor quality product!

United States Review updated:
3.35
Bought new $23,000.00 Ford Ranger Sport in January 2007. Within one month and 3,000 miles, front tires completely "cupped out." I told "dealer," and was later referred to another dealer, which eventually "aligned" the truck, HOWEVER, my tires were already seriously damaged from massive cupping, and continue today (nine months later) to bounce and rumble when the truck is driven.

It is overwhelmingly disturbing to me now, especially since yesterday, when I had a "blow-out" going 65 mph in the front left tire (Good Year - Nitrogen filled tires). The nitrogen does not maintain consistent air-pressure and it costs money at a Dodge dealership to fill them.

I almost wrecked in the fast-lane on Interstate 17, between Wilmington, NC and Shallotte, NC (my home area). I got off the road and discovered a "blown out" tire.

TWO PROBLEMS:

I should have never been "stuck" with these cupped tires; FORD should have delivered an "aligned" truck to me, and after finally aligning the truck grates, the tires are irreparable and unacceptable for riding comfort, totally. I'm sick of it, and now, the blow-out. What's up with these tires?

ARE these Good Year tires defective. I HAVE TAKEN PICTURES OF THE BLOW-OUT and will have a lawsuit if it happens again; I have two teen-age children, and I cannot stand the "risk" any more.

I BELIEVE THESE TIRES NEED TO BE REPLACED, ALL FOUR, AND INFLATED WITH "AIR," NOT NITROGEN.

I wonder if others have had similar problems.

Dr. Terry H. Johnson
[protected]
Box 1648
Shallotte, NC 28459

Comments

St
  16th of Sep, 2008
Hi TERRY, I have a 2002 frod ranger 4x4 with firestone tires & i have the cupping problem too. I bought the tires new & had all new shocks, allignment done & they started cupping around 20, 000 miles. they have been rotated & balance every 3000 and the allignment checked a few times. I finally got a 2nd opinion & they said the factory bushing/spacers at the camber adjustment needed to be replaced to get set correctly. I have read alot of forums & there are alot of people with the same problem not just on rangers most ford trucks & suv. I am still in the process of finding the solution.This is a bunch of crap!!STEVE feel free to email stvewb@comcast.net
St
  16th of Aug, 2010
Hi, I have a Ford Ranger Sport 2007 and have just recently had noise problems in the front tires. I took it in to get checked out and the front tires were also cupped!
There is an issue with these trucks!
John