2005 Kia Sedonamini van is worthless-please record this

I am a disabled veteran, having served my country in Desert Storm 1990 to 91. I WAS proud also to purchase my family what I thought was a very safe automobile brand new from Kia. Three years later it is a complete nightmare. Beside the fact that the Kia Sedona has not held it's value at all and now I am so upside down that I cannot get another car due to Kia not holding up to value standards, and although my vehicle is a 2005 it qualifies for the cash for clunker program but there is no way that will cover my loan. This kia mini van has been in the shop four times since May of 2009 this is August of 2009. I have talked to the kia parts department because it is the same problem everytime; something has to be wrong with the parts and it needs a recall. The electrical fuse of somesort continues to short out the coil in the compressor unit in the van. I guess this situation will last forever. I hate my mini van it is a nightmare that will not soon be over. I think it is funny when you call the company they tell you this conversation is being recorded. I wish I could tell the owner how bad his product is. I have never seen a vehicle that has the same problem every two weeks which is an additional $250.00 on top of the payment for a worthless car. At this point I could have afforded an Escalade. I guess the next thing I can do is call my local news channel in Oklahoma City and give Kia a little bad news since every day with this Kia is a bad day for me.

Comments

• Am
      Aug 31, 2006
    2005 Kia Sedona - Big Bell Road Kia

I bought a brand new 2005 Kia Sedona on January 3rd 2006. The van started having break problems at 2700 miles. It has been serviced 5 times. It is on its way back in a couple of days. They have no idea what is wrong. I also have know idea how to go about dealing with this.

Wife and mother of three,
    Amber

• Br
      Dec 16, 2006
    2005 Kia Sedona - Brake pad wear

I bought a brand new 2005 Kia Sedona in October of 2005 and the brake pads have already worn out! It has < 20k miles. They go fast too. One day, the little metal tabs that squeal when it's time to change the brakes go off, the next day, the grinding of metal on metal. This has earned the van the nickname "Ol' Grindy". I also purchased a 2005 Kia Optima at the same time and it has almost 30k miles on it and the brake pads are in good condition and are not yet ready to be replaced.

• Xe
      Aug 07, 2009

I understand frustrations with cars, I've had my fair share. But what I don't understand is what you having served in Desert Storm has anything to do with the problems with your car? It doesn't add validity to your argument or anything.

Other than that point, I've had friends who have loved their Kia's and those who have had problems with them. Sometimes it's a lose/lose situation especially when it comes to cars, you fcan never tell down the road what's going to happen. I don't feel you going to the news will do anything though, unfortunately you are just one person complaining about your faulty vehicle. That would be like me going to a local news station here complaining about the problems I have with my car, which I know they wouldn't take any notice to.

• Ni
      May 23, 2011

I understand your frustration. I also have a 2005 Kia Sadona that won't pass inspection for the second time. I thought I had the problem fixed last year but again this year the same problem has accured. I probably not be so up set if I didn't still owe $10, 000.00 no one should have to go though a problem over and over again. I could understand may be one catalytic convertor failing but all of them at one time is really heart breaking. I have ran out of money. I can't afford to keep this car and I can't trade it in due to condition of the car. Being that the situation is a lose to me, I am writing the attonery general and letting them know what kind of lemons Kia is making or have made. I will annouce on this in the news paper and on face book, twitter, etc... to let the world know not to buy a Kia car. That is a Promise.

Apr 15, 2019
    KIA Motors Corporation - Engine failure
    Korea (South)

I bought a brand new kia Sportage model 2011 from kia show room in Lebanon in 2011.
    Now I have to replace the engine without any notifications. Water started to mix with oil suddenly. I was doing the regular check every 5000 KM. Only done 65000KM.
    Please advise, why and what to do.
    Regular service was done with trusted workshop not in kia

• Mr
      Apr 27, 2019
    KIA Motors Corporation - Service department
    Kia in Sidcup Kent
    United Kingdom

I have now been without my car for 5 weeks as Kia service department cannot fox my car as their MASTER TECHNICIAN can't find what's wrong with it are these technician mechanics? Absolutely terrible service no manager available to take to and no one getting back to be ... no Curtesy car available or offered will never be using Kia again !

• Yo
      May 14, 2019
    KIA Motors Corporation - Carnival 3.3 sxli (a)
    Brunei Darussalam

Gotten this car only for 7-8 months. 1800km mileage. And the censor went wrong. we only drive it occasionally. The car jerking when I release accelerator. During pumping oil, suddenly got a loud noise. It showing yellow auto hold. Epb is on.
    No confident in kia anymore

• Ge
      Jun 02, 2019
    KIA Motors Corporation - Gear light dashboard problem
    Macedonia

hi i own kia sportage 2012...few days ago had problem with dash gear lights, they dont work, cruze control do not work and the downhill assistance button lights red...can you tell me what is the problem?

• Ju
      Jul 06, 2019
    KIA - Paint chipping off

I own a white pearl 2014 Sorento paint is peeling off around wind shield and hood . 66, 000 miles on mt car. No where else is the paint coming off.

• Mo
      Aug 25, 2019
    KIA Motors Corporation - KIA CARNIVAL Sound When Start Engin
    Saudi Arabia

Dear Kia, I Have Problem With My Kia Carnival 2011 and No One Know Solution, sound When Start Engine Same Like In This Video, Please Help Which Part I Need to Replace.
    Thanks

[protected]@zimmo.net
    +[protected]

• Kh
      Aug 28, 2019
    KIA Motors Corporation - friction noise in steering wheel Cerato2019-12000km-Egypt
    Egypt

For more than 20 days ago, my grand cerato 2019 had friction noise in steering wheel and after the inspection my car from the kia egypt engineer that informed me my car need steering wheel spare part And till now I didn't have any update from kia egypt and when I called them didn't reply with any update unfortunately my car doesn't exceed 12000km

Sep 02, 2019
    KIA Motors Corporation - Headlights Taillights

I'm pretty sure that my wiring in my car is defective. It constantly causes my headlights and taillights to go out which is completely dangerous. In the past 3 weeks I've replaced my bulbs 4 times and last week I recieved a ticket for defective equipment.

•   Sep 03, 2019

Lot more bad than good I hear about them and they appear to be nice rides.

Sep 07, 2019
    KIA Motors Corporation - the whole car

I purchased a kia in 2018, it is a lemon!!! i need a different car asap! I have been putting tooo much money into it, headache!

• Pr
      Sep 24, 2019
    KIA Motors Corporation - Booking of Kia Seltos
    Capital Kia Chennai
    India

Booking ID: B201900162. We booked a car on 31.7.19 and was promised delivery by the 1st week of September. It has been almost 1 month and no information shared from your sales team. We have payed the full amount and still have no information about the vehicle or commitment of your services.

• Na
      Sep 28, 2019
    KIA Motors Corporation - ..gear knob assembly
    Malaysia

...i have a 2008 kia sportage novus. The gear sport mode no longer functioning, otherwise everything else is still ok. I just want to know where in the world can i get hold of a set of kia sportage gear knob assembly..& how do i get it? Pls help..
    Nawawi of Shah Alam, Malaysia.

• Ra
      Oct 07, 2019
    KIA Motors Corporation - KIA Shelton
    Rajesh Sharma
    India

I was promised to deliver my car last month which I booked on [protected]. My booking serial number is 5 as per receipt attached. Customer who booked car after me got Vehicle. I m very much disappointed and want to cancel my booking. I booked my car Shelton in Mandi HP.

• Ji
      Oct 12, 2019
    KIA Motors Corporation - Delivery of seltos
    India

I paid booking ant for seltos to shreenath motors Andheri.. If Kia cannot honour or expedite deliveries on time then refund my booking amount. This attitude shows that company has no value for its customers.

• At
      Oct 12, 2019
    KIA Motors Corporation - seltos
    India

This Is Inform That I Booked A Seltos Htk+ White Diesel At Mahelka Kia, Meerut On 27/09/19 .They Confirm Me Vehicle Delivery On 10/10/19.Now They Are Refusing Here Words. Whatever Story Is That I Want Vehicle On 10/10/19! Kindly this issue asap ! Provide asm number so I will contact him/her !