1and1.comextortion - 1and1 unfair business practice

I'd like to file a class action lawsuit against this company. Anyone with me?

1and1 is ruining people's credit if people let their subscription expire. That's crazy! I have plenty of hosting accounts on the internet, so I am very familiar with hosting policies. When a subscription expires, and your card is expired, your prepay doesn't go through. That then cancels the account. But I guess 1and1 finds that it's profitable to threaten people with a collection agency if they don't prepay for the next term without clicking the 'cancel' button, which is not even available on your control panel!

Anyone else think this is an unfair business practice? I think we should contact the Abbey Spanier law firm and file a class action lawsuit!

Comments

• Un
      Oct 24, 2008
    1and1.com - the lost 13 day data base after 3 day down
    web site
    Phone: [protected]

We have few sites the hosted with 1and1 .

They have problem and we was down 3 days, , , , YES 3 DAYS it is not mistake.

After they "fixed" the poblem they lost 13 days, they recove our data 13 before the event.

UNBELIEVABLE it it real it is not jok

• Ge
      Dec 19, 2009

yes it is very unfair. I'm with you. I have had bad experience with them too but differnt. I referred somone from the UK and never said anyting within their damn affiliate program that I have to signup for a seperate non us affiliate program. That is ###. I never got my money and they told me it was my fault. They dont care if you do them a favor. Those ###ing ###s.

• Ih
      Dec 22, 2009

Iam with anyone willing to draw a class action lawsuit..this is a ### company..I hate it from the bottom of my heart!! I let my subscription expire and they still want to charge me by threats of a collection agency.
    As some one mentioned earlier they are a bunch of ###s!!

Jan 08, 2010

Yes, they don't honor the cancellation policy, even after confirming my cancellation, they proceeded to bill me and now say that the cancellation didn't go through because I didn't transfer the domain.

• 1a
      Jan 22, 2010

I'm onboard, they suck and deserve to be sued!

• Cr
      Mar 21, 2010

Guys, thank you for your insight. I was about to register 20 website doamin. When I thought to check customer support online and got your feedback. --- You Saved me from future torture

• Ab
      Jun 30, 2010

yes, I'm with you

•   Aug 08, 2010

Yes, please tell me who to contact to file a class action lawsuit against 1and1.com. If they are not stopped they will ruin many people's credits and peace. I've been suffering from them 9 months. Their business practices make me sick.
    Please advise how to start a lawsuit.
    [protected]@yahoo.com

• Ha
      Feb 04, 2011

Stay far away from this company. Their customer service is horrible. Godaddy is way better

• Ml
      Apr 29, 2011

We canceled it online prior to renewal, removed all the info, got a bill months later, called and canceled it again, and then about 6 months later we a letter from dept collection.

May 16, 2011
    1and1.com - It became almost impossible to stop them from billing me for a service I never used
    1and1.com

Since I never used the site I was paying for over 3 years I decided to cancel my subscription. 1 & 1 Internet's policy is very restrictive and it became almost impossible to stop them from billing me for a service I never used.

• Ko
      Aug 23, 2011
    1and1.com - Can't find my website!!
    New Jersey
    1an1.com

I STILL can't locate my website '"UnionBookRenter.com" after paying for the website/domain name pkg. It's been MORE than a week!! COME ON! My hubby gave it to me as an anniversary gift. WHAT GIVES?! I'm losing my business b4 it has begun:(

• Mo
      Nov 08, 2011
    1and1.com - Bad customer service
    1and1.com

Their systems are inconsistent. tried to cancel my account multiple times and with customer service. they have stuck me with a 30.00 charge.

Mar 07, 2012

SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM 1AND1, COM IS A SCAM THEY ARE A COMPLETE RIPP OFF DO NOT HOST WITH THEM THEY WILL SCAM YOU TO THE MOON

BAD HOSTING COMPANY 1AND1.COM DO NOT HOST WITH THEM

THIS IS THE WORST HOSTING COMPANY AND THEY ARE A COMPLETE RIPP OFF. WHEN YOU FIRST JOIN YOUR CALL IS ANSWERED IMMEDIATELY

WHEN YOU BECOME A CUSTOMER THEIR WAIT TIMES ARE OVER AN HOUR AND IF YOU COMPLAIN THEY LOCK YOUR ACCOUNT.

DO NOT HOST WITH 1AND1.COM THEY ALSO CHARGE YOUR CREDIT CARD WITHOUT AUSTHORIZATION AND YOU CANNOT DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT

1AND1Q.COM IS A COMPLETE SCAM BEWARE AND DO NOT JOIN THIS LOUSY COMPANY FOR YOUR WEB HOSTING NEEDS

Dec 12, 2014

1and1 is blocking any email I try to send to any customers, they are going to make my business go bust, maybe that is their intention. Do not use this company.

•   Mar 18, 2015

Hello everybody whose complaints on 1and1.com,
    I was dealing with them back in August 2010. I cannot believe that this crooks are continuing mistreating customer for so long a period of time!
    How many complaints on them for years, and people still get caught in their fraudulent practices that are the most popular with the frauds nowadays: to get a hold of your credit card number and continue charging it. Even if you change the credit card they will start reporting you to credit bureau saying that you have to pay to the end of the contract that you signed in an honest belief that this is a normal company who would cancel your contract as soon as you do not like it.
    If anybody knows how to fight the crooks, people should unite and stop them.
    I know my message is not too convincing: I just could not believe these crooks are still living at the expense of honest taxpayers! That much for freedom and democracy! Only crooks enjoy it. Simple people are always fighting the crooked corporations like 1AND1.

• Od
      Apr 20, 2015
    1and1.com - support
    Troy

my e-commerce site went down and their support service is hideous. I could hardly understand the people due to an accent that is foreign to me, in a country somewhere outside the USA. I was on hold today a total of three hours and still nothing fixed. BEWARE of them.