ComEddeposit

K

I've had ComEd service and pay my $20-30 bill in full when I get a chance. Not with in the 12 days they alot, but always paid in full. And after a year and a half of service they request a $75 deposit. I call and try to talk them out of it, they are rude and tell me my bill is late. NOT past due, just late on occasion. I don't pay the deposit. They charge my bill $25/m for 3 months and start charging me interest. I keep paying my current bill and ignore the deposit fee. After 4 months of this they call me to discuss my bill being past due. This can't be legal.

• Ke
    kedrey Oct 18, 2012

I had a balance on my previous bill of 200.67 and this month's bill was 147.47, when the bill came to my house i had a bill of $801.00 and told me I owed $513.00 or they are going to shut off my service. i disputed the bill and she said it is due for past services. I have paid everything up to date except the 200.67.

• Da
    D. A. Chrystof Nov 13, 2012

This happened to us; we mostly have our bills estimated since the meter reader doesn't go in our yard. We finally got an accurate reading and then got a whopping $600 bill because they underestimated our usage. Now the problem is in the other direction. I now call in my meter reading but since the reading is less than what they estimate they use the estimated reading. I'm now on hold with Com Ed as I write this.

• Jd
    JDouble U Oct 30, 2014

I'm having the same problem. I'm looking for people interested in starting a class action lawsuit against them for this stealing.

Christyn2211 Oct 31, 2018

I have had come service in the same home since 2009 just recently had a major repair that hit us hard I didn’t pay my full
    Amount that was due on my bill but paid a big portion and am now being charged a 300 dollar deposit! This is ridiculous! Same home never late and this!

• Th
    thumper59 Nov 15, 2018

I have been in my home for over 30 years, occasionally my bill is paid late. This is simply because I do not have credit cards or a checking account, and the closest place to pay that CoN Ed still accepts payments is 25 miles away. Now they are billing me for a $230 deposit. I called and complained to CoN Ed and the ICC, but was informed by them that it is completely legal for them to do it. Stupid me had forgotten that I lived in the second most CORRUPT state in the U.S. (behind only Louisiana). CoN Ed has bought and paid for the politicians that make the rules that govern them with illicit profits from scams like this. A few years ago CoN Ed started estimating all of my meter readings simply because they could and because their driver was LAZY. Of course the estimates were too high. When I complained about that, I was informed that this also is legal. CoN Ed only legally has to actually read your meter 1 or 2 times a year. (I don't remember which) In this case I was informed that I either had to pay the full estimated bill which I DID NOT OWE, or pay a LATE FEE for not paying the bill I DID NOT OWE. I have seven more years until retirement, when me and every penny I have put away will leave this filthy, corrupt, state. My home on 60 acres is already bought and paid for. By the way, my property there is about 50% of the cost of my 11 acre property here, yet my taxes are 5.2% of what they are here. YOU READ RIGHT!! 1/20th of the taxes for 6 times the property. YES, the Police and Fire Dept. come if needed. YES, the mail still gets delivered. YES, the school bus still pick the kids up at your drive and takes them to school, where teachers teach them. YES they have running water, sewer, garbage pick up, and paved roads. About the only thing I can think of they don't have is Illinois's bought and paid for CORRUPT political machine. My youngest (26 and just signed up for 4 more years in the military) has already told me he will not return to this state. The middle (32) son's 10 year employer, a small business, is in jeopardy because of the cost doing business in this corrupt state. He also told me that if he loses his job, his professional skills are portable and he will pack his things and go elsewhere. He does not want to live here. My oldest, 36 and a high school teacher feels a little trapped because his kids are close to his wife's family and he loves his job. In spite of that he is looking at 90 minutes north to Wisconsin. He has no love for this place anymore either. Others are suggesting a class action law suit against CoN Ed, that would be a waste of time and money since they already purchased the court rulings. Speak with your dollars and take them elsewhere as soon as you are able. Leave this whole state as abandoned as many of the urban areas people have already left behind.