Comcastrip off

after seeing an ad on tv last month about comcast internet. I called and was told it would be $14.99 a month for the next 6 months and that if I came into the service center and picked up a self installation kit I would not have to pay the $50 installation fee they charge to send someone to your home to hook it up. so I when 2 counties over(I live in a rual area.) stood in line for 2 hours and came home with a modem that did not work. I had to call comcast 3 times and a tech had to keep resetting the modem from his computer. Finally I have the slowest internet since dial-up. Got my first bill yesterday and guess what $87.13!!! I called and after 32 minutes on hold I got a very nice woman who was well trained in double talk. she tells me that my introductory rate is not $14.99 but $29.99 a month but this still doesn't explain the bill because I got the internet the last week in january. after 30 minutes on hold and 4 minutes of talking in circles I got no answers and the polite brush off. anyone else have this problem?????

john Jul 28, 2007

I was having trouble with my digital phone. I tried to call the Comcast but no response. Every i connect it says "please hold and representative will contact you " . I tried hours together to get connected but failed. It became nightmare for me to contact the comcast. I decided to disconnect finally. The customer service in Comcast is horrible.

• Valerie Sep 14, 2007

With all the talk and apprehension about TV becoming digital or high-definition only in 2017, one would think that Comcast would be sending out information to its customers on what to expect, what to plan for, whether they need to get a new TV, etc. But so far, not a word. Now is when the thinking and planning needs to be done, but Comcast is being no help so far.

• Sh
    Shannon Scott Sep 19, 2007

My fiance & I got the Triple Play package (digital cable, high speed internet, & digital phone), which seemed like a great deal.Well, it is, until they decide to bill you double sometimes. We called & asked why (we weren't late at all on a payment), & they said that they reserve the right to charge for the month ahead when they want to. They didn't tell us that when we signed up, of course. So anyway, we moved, & we were quite shocked to get a bill of about $300.00! They said that it's the fee for moving. Again, they didn't tell us that at the time. But here's the worst part-we paid a bit extra every month for a private listing, because I have a crazy ex-husband (I've even had a PFA against him, & on behalf of my daughter, who he's threatened to kill as an infant). Well, what did we see when we got the new phone book? My name, number, & address, listed for everyone to see! We had to move, again, because of Comcast !They're still bugging us to pay our last month, but there's no way in hell they'll get another dime from me.Not in this lifetime.

Beware of Comcast!

• Lu
    Luis Aguiar Oct 29, 2007

After spending more than 30 hours on the phone with Comcast in the past 6 months I truly believe they don't care about their customers . The Services team is a joke if you call about the same subject 3 times you get 3 different answers ...

Please let's unite together and show Comcast that they should be paying more attention to their customers !

Brian L. Roberts , their CEO, is making 15 Million Dollars per year on a highly profitable operation , we are paying for this and they really don't care about us .

They are loosing me today ! Good bye Comcast !

Anand Samuel Jan 15, 2008

We did not even get a notice from any of the collection agencies or from Comcast, we happen to know about the collection pending only after accidentally looking into our credit report during the purchase of our new car.

(Then... because of some error during shifting to a new house) Even after returning back my Comcast Cable box as well as paying some extra amount over it in bringing my account balance to zero, comcast never updated Credit Protection Association about the payment. Credit Protection Association reported the amount as unpaid to Credit Reporting Companies/Beareau's. When I call Comcast now, they asked me to contact Credit Protection Association.

This is not fair!

• Valerie Apr 06, 2008

I have been a Comcast customer for about three years.I have high speed cable internet, and the last month or so, my connection to get on line is extremely slow, it can take at least 10 minutes to download, or to get on the internet. It is not my PC, it's fairly new. I had Comcast come out to my home at least three times. All they tell me, is that there is an outage in my area, and they are working on it. Nobody gives you a time frame, when this will get resolved. It is ridiculous. You pay so much to have internet sevice, and you get lousy service, and poor customer service. Please help?

• Ji
    Jim Chen Apr 14, 2008

When we moved to a new address, we also transferred our comcast service. When the installation guys came to install the equipment, he took the old equipment and put in the new ones. We thought it is ok. The last bill from the old address has this unreturned eqiupment charge of $160. I called and was told to dis-regard this bill because this is a switch of eqiupments and no need to return. Then we received the bills to the new address for the service at the new address and we paid them off and we never heard from them any more. Then suddenly we received a collection letter for this un-returned equipment. I called everybody, the collection agency and comcast. Comcast asked me to wait for 48 business hours (5 days) and about one week later when I called again to check the status, I was told there is no notes in their system regarding our first phone call. Meanwhile our credit score already get affected. So comcast is so powerful and we consumers have no right at all. This is so outrageous and what we consumers can do, what is our options.

• Valerie May 03, 2008

I changed to Comcast when they bought Time Warner. I was told my phone internet, TV cable would be $99.00 per month. I did not have to sign a contract. My first bill was $ 99.00 the next month was 148.00 next month 154.00 I called. The Rep. said he would send a corrected bill he never did. I called again The Rep. said he would take care of it. Any way after 4 months. I went back with AT&T. Comcast would rather climb a tree to tell a lie, than stand on the ground and tell the truth.

• Valerie Jun 03, 2008

I called and cancelled my service with Comcast. The person I talked to on that day told me my next and last bill is going to be 27 dollars and then...guess what??? They took out 116 dollars out of my account and totally took advantage of auto pay. I called and talked to a guy and he said I should get a cheque in 3 to 4 weeks. For the difference, and then I called back. a lady picked up the phone, She said she said they had scheduled to mail out my cheque for 62 dollars. And I am thinking 116-27=62?? I don't think so. It should be 89 dollars. She said no you owe 59 dollars..Umm...and I am thinking why didn't the guy told me that a week and a half ago. And the guy who I talked to this morning. Why didn't they say anything???? Is it my fault that they gave me the amount and made my budget around it???? It’s their fault. They need to better train their staffs. God!!! I live on pay check to paycheck..And the Supervisor even said she can't do anything about it...when my friend is paying 20 dollars with HBO on demand and everything and I have always paid 89 dollars each month for to get what he was getting for 20...COMCAST IS A *** UP COMPANY!!! COMCAST ***!!!

• Valerie Jun 09, 2008

Starting in the beginning of May 2017 my husband and I got divorced. We moved into a new house and the first thing we did was call Comcast. They came out the first week of May and installed our TV and internet services. The gentleman was very nice and said we just needed to contact customer service to have the three email accounts on my ex husbands transferred over to our new account. Easy enough- that's what I thought. I contacted customer service right away and the Rep put in a ticket to have this completed. I called back a few days later to check and make sure it was completed and was told the ticket had been closed and the tech did not see any problems with us accessing our emails and they were working fine. I advised them that this was not the issue the ticket should have been opened for and that we we're just trying to transfer over our emails- we were not having any problem accessing them at all. The rep then put in a new ticket and told me it would now be entered correctly and completed within 48 hours. At this time customer service also contacted my ex husband to make sure his permission was granted for this to take place. On May 12th I called back to see what the status of the claim was. I was given some tired excuse and told that they would make it a priority so that it would be complete within 24 hours. I told them I would like a call back when this was completed to avoid any further time of mine wasted calling back in. On May 17th I still had not heard anything regarding the ticket and transfer of our email accounts and once again phoned Comcast. This time I was told it was still pending and someone would be calling me on Monday. I never did receive this call and had to phone back in again on May 25th. This time I spoke with a Supervisor named Veronica/Ronnie. She looked into the issue a bit further and said the reason this was taking so long and still pending was because Comcast had not received permission from my ex husband (which they already had at the beginning of the month). Rather than spend anymore time on the phone I said I would call him and have him call in to give his permission again. Ronnie said as soon as they spoke with him the issue would be taken care of within a few hours. My ex husband called and gave his permission. Later that day I still did not hear anything from Ronnie and called back. I was told she had left for the day and as far as this supervisor new it would take 24-48 hours to be completed now. I waited another week. On June 1st I had still not heard anything and called back. This time I spoke with a supervisor named James. After going over the problem for what seemed to be the thousandth time he said the reason nothing was being completed on this ticket now was because last weekend when they finally spoke with and got permission from my ex husband that the rep simply forgot to resubmit the ticket! He resubmitted the ticket and assured me this time that it had all the correct information, everyone's approval, and that it would be complete in 24-72 hours. He also reassured me and noted on the account again for whomever that completes this calls me to let me know it has been complete. Now here I am, it is June 8th. I still had not received a phone call and once again had to take time out of my day to call Comcast. Today I spoke with a Sup named Greg. He advised me that this ticket is still waiting to be assigned for a tier 2 rep to complete. I told him that I thought it was an eslcated/ emergency flagged ticket and was to be completed immediately according to the past Supervisors. He confirmed this but could not give me any reason to why it has been 8 days and still it has not been assigned nor completed. He could not give me any time frame as to how long it will take for someone to get assigned to this or how much longer my ticket will have to be out in limbo. It doesn't seem to me that in any customer service environment that an eslcated issue should take 8 days or more to get resolved. I wouldn't have minded waiting the 8 days in the beginning, but considering we have already been dealing with this for the past month it seems a little ridiculous that this cannot be made a priority. Everyone at Comcast seems very good about putting the blame on the person who handled the situation before them and giving excuses, but no one seems able to do anything to fix the situation.

• Valerie Jun 17, 2008

My girlfriend, Judith Lamb, has been refused contact with customer service supervisors. Her service was disconnected accidentally by a COMCAST service person. She called and a representative restarted her service, however, her high speed internet was not connected as well as she was charged as if she was being connected for the first time. Every time she calls now, she is put on hold and then disconnected and refused service. As I am a Comcast customer as well, I think it is totally unacceptable that she was refused contact with a supervisor. She cares for a woman and it puts strain on her schedule to take days off waiting for a Comcast technician that doesn't show up - as was the case today (6/12/2017). Judith also takes classes online and not having internet access is affecting her class performance. Judith's 9-year old son has a brain disease called Chiari Malformation and utilizes the internet to feverishly research the disease and any experts that may be available to help in the treatment of her son. Bottom line, I would like Rick Germano - SVP COMCAST customer support, to contact Judith personally and please re-assure her that this issue will be resolved and the process of rectifying her service and faith that her voice as a COMCAST customer will be heard. I would like to know if there is any legal recourse she can take to offset her loss of pay as a result of waiting for a Comcast service representative who does not show up to rectify her service.

Damage Resulting

Loss of wages due to the COMCAST service person not showing up as promised. Inability to seek additional resources towards the treatment of her child with a brain disorder, Chiari Malformation. Inability to participate in ONLINE courses for schooling she has enrolled and paid for.

• Valerie Jun 17, 2008

I called Comcast to find out about getting a HD cable box and turning in my digital box. They asked my telephone number. They said take the box to my local service centre. I took vacation time off from work went home and disconnected the box. When I walked into the centre, the counter person laughed out loud. Oh we don't have any HD boxes we are out. But you can get a recorder box for an additional $6 per Mo. Another Comcast bait and switch I can't wait for FIOS so I can cancel these sleazy jerks.

• Valerie Jul 09, 2008

Comcast has been running TV ads stating since you have Comcast cable you will not have to worry when Broadcast stations go to digital in Feb 2017. You will not have to do anything. Problem is that Comcast is also shutting down their analog cable service in Feb also. So your TV, new or old, will not work. You will have to subscribe to Comcast digital cable (more $$) and rent a Comcast Digital cable Box for each TV (more $$). If you have Comcast cable, I suggest that each and everyone of you contact your local comcast office to confirm and file a complaint with your states Consumer Protection Office ASAP. I smell a class action lawsuit.

• Re
    Rev Jul 23, 2008

Comcast was to come to my home to install a bundle package between 8 and noon. Noon came and no one showed up. I made a telephone call and was treated rudely by the service person. I called back and the people were nice, but could not help me at all. The supervisor told me she'd call me back, and two hours latter still heard nothing. I mailed a letter to the CEO and received a telephone call from someone who spoke in complete circles and apologized that "I was unhappy" - never that they failed me.
    I think I'm going to send my Comcast experience to Verizon - they might be able to use it as a promotion for Comcast.
    I just don't feel they want to make us happy - I feel they've got us where they want us and they can do anything they want.
    I really wanted to do business with them.

Comcastcares1 Jul 24, 2008

I know my apology is not going to undo the troubles we caused, but I wanted to let you know my apology is sincere. If you are willing to give us another chance, I will make sure that the we do everyhting possible to resolve the problem.

Sincerely,

Mark C.
    Comcast Corp.
    [protected]@cable.comcast.com

• Ud
    Uday Jul 24, 2008

Ref.Comcast Account #[protected]/Comcast customer service Ticket no.# (KMM32042050V26352L0KM) /(KMM32028761V47023L0KM)

Hi,
    Please be aware when you deal with Comcast when you sign bundle package (phone+Internet+Cable)
    I buy Comcast bundle package (phone+Internet+Cable) for $83 per month that is sign by Comcast employee Yujin MA) on dt.4/10/2 008 his cell ph.510.377.5609 (Residential communication consultant (East Bay Oakland California) he and company promised to charge every month $83 only to using their bundle package service for 12 months guarantee with free HBO but due to their internal error or miss manage since beginning they keep sending me higher amount bills I spoke couple of times Yujin and customer service dept. I went personally Comcast customer service center 555-Mowry Fremont California and show them Comcast written contract but none of taking care and solve this problem
    I never had problem before any company like this its look like no one responsible to taking care for customer, so think twice before you make any deal

Hope Comcast customer service taking care ASAP
    Any questions feel free to contact me

Thanks & Regards

Comcastcares1 Jul 25, 2008

I apologize for all your troubles.

Please know that we are currently looking into. We will surely contact you and update you with the developments on this case.

Best Regards,

Mark C.
    Comcast Corp.
    [protected]@cable.comcast.com

martina Aug 02, 2008

I am unable to receive cable in my neighborhood but two miles from here they can. we have a road full of customers who are not allowed to receive any services because of our address. living two miles from the shut off of every company cable, internet or phone these companies are not allowing other companies to service us because we are3 in there territory but yet they wont service us either. I have called every cable and phone service for miles trying to get cable and internet I receive the same thing over and over we are not in your area. I went to wal-mart they typed in our address and our address shows we are eligable for services by comcast. but comcast says no they don't service our area. who's lying here? I hear everyone complain about there services at least you get them . Hey comcast wake up go out and see the services surounding area you might have about 3500.00 more a month if you do your homework. comcast is out of Marrianna Florida were in cottondale florida on serena dr. next to interstate 10 and 231 extend internet and cable 3 miles more down 231 past interstate 1o you will be surprized how much money youll get.

• Je
    jere Aug 04, 2008

Lost Comcast phone service. Was told to wait 3 days for a tech. This effectively shut down my business. Contacted their internet help center(likely offshore). Was told 2 days and given appt. time. No one showed. Recontacted help center. Was told no record of last confirmation. Asked to speak to someone higher up. Was told they were unavailable. Asked for sooner appt. Was told one was available, then that it wasn't. Asked for someone in their complaint dept here in the States to contact me asap. Was told that was impossible.
    If Comcast wants to enter the phone market, they need to get their service act together. Their help center is nothing more than a vehicle to kill legitimate complaints and is incompetent to boot.

Comcastcares1 Aug 04, 2008

Hello, Martina!

I checked my map here and it does appear that we do not offer services for your neighborhood. I am sorry we cannot serve you at this time. I will be sharing your comments and request for service with the area leadership team. Thank you for the feedback.

• De
    desertdreamer Aug 18, 2008

We have been trying to transfer our Comcast service from our old address to our new home. We had an install appointment on Saturday, 8/16/08, from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. They didn't come. We called and were told the technician would call us but to call back in 1 hr. if we weren't contacted. When we called back in an hr., we were directed to call back during regular business hours.

Starting at 9 a.m. on Sunday, we called and were told our ticket had been escalated and to call back every hour until the technician arrived, which we did. (please keep in mind, we were also attempting to move) Everytime we called, we were put on terminal hold, transferred to dead lines, or someone's voicemail. We were told we had a 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. service appointment and to respect that appointment and quit calling but then told before hanging up to continue calling every hour.

We were told they had attempted to come on Saturday but we were here. I was here all day Saturday. We were told they never came Saturday. We were told we already had service at the new address and did we want to cancel it. The call center is in Mexico City, several times they transferred us to a Houston, Tx call center but on other calls, we were told they could not transfer us. We were not allowed to speak to supervisors. We were told they were too busy or that they couldn't help us but would not speak to us. Once, the person I was speaking to put me on hold and came back and said he was the supervisor, that he had no supervisor, that he had no one who supervised his work or that he reported to and that he could not help us in anyway. Then I was told that we never had an installment appointment, as it was Sunday and that I should call back on Monday. We were told several times that someone would be calling us, no one ever did. Comcast charges for installation so we were paying to be abused. Finally, late Sunday night, a very nice man came and attempted to install service. Our internet is up (Thank God, as my husband's job requires he have home internet service at all times...he is on call) but our cable television is barely functional. We brought our old cable converter box to trade for a dvr/high def box. The installer didn't have the box we had ordered days previously. Instead of the channel package we had before/and were supposed to continue to have, we have part of basic cable. And we have yet another appointment to continue the install...on Tuesday. Does this mean the weekend's nightmare is unending?

My suggestion to everyone is: if you have any other choice for internet/cable service, do NOT use Comcast.

• Valerie Aug 31, 2008

I was about to move in a new apartment and subscribe to Comcast's bundle service. About five days before I moved in, I was told that my apartment number was changed. Fine. Then I called Comcast about the change. The lady told me the install date would be delayed for about 2 weeks because she would have to re-key in my order, and that order would be seen as a new one. I complained and argued that it was only apartment number change, but I couldn't change a thing with her.

Then I tried a live representative a few hours later. She did not help at all and gave me the same answer -- no. What was even more ridiculous was that the install date (under the same order number) I had been told on the phone was put off for one more day. This was very frustrated.

So, I made another on-line order and found the install date for my "new" order could be scheduled for a date that was way earlier than what I was told both by phone and on line.

Luckily, a very nice representative got my complaint and tried very hard to solve my problem, after I chatted with her on line for about almost 20 minutes. Or, I would have been unable to use internet, watch TV and make phone calls in my own apartment for the first 15 days in town.

Comcast, your computer/order system needs a big revision and improvement...

• Valerie Sep 02, 2008

I dumped Comcast today for Cable TV. Now I am using Direct TV which is FAR better and I HIGHLY recommend it. Comcast Digital TV was terrible the sound was garbled due to lousy implementation and bad technology Now ALL my channels are digital quality and NO garbled audio. I get MORE channels at a better price. Currently I am using Comcast for two residential cable modem internet accounts and Comcast BETTER not screw with my VOIP phones that my girlfriend Mary NEEDS to use for her work which is counseling breast cancer survivors. In that case we will just get a business cable modem account from Comcast if necessary and then that will do for it.

However dumping Comcast for Cable TV is our means of punishing Comcast for two things which are lousy cable iTV service AND the download Cap on cable modem. So THERE Comcast. REALIZE THIS. I am not going to stand for substandard or pernicious services from ANYone ANYmore. I regret I didn't go over to Direct TV a LONG way back, but I have now and am SO glad and HIGHLY recommend that everyone with the Direct TV option USE IT.

josh Sep 04, 2008

Comcast offers an on-time guarantee policy, where you would be paid or received a credit if a tech will not show up, or is late. Please contact them through chat, which is much better than calling their 1-800 where wou will be put on hold for 30 mins to an hour..

• Valerie Sep 04, 2008

I have been on hold for 48 minutes/41 on the live chat. Comcast is the worst. The communications commission should put them out of business!!!

My bill is higher that other services. I was lured into Comcast with the $99 bundle and then of course after 6 months it skyrocketed. Typical bait and switch.

I hope that by complaining something happens that affects the way Comcast does business.

Now I'm getting pissed that I have to type 100 words to *** about Comcast. What else can I say. I hate wasting my time and now I have to type more crap to satisfy pissed consumer. Holy crap!!!

• Valerie Sep 19, 2008

I ordered Comcast Internet in August. They sent a technician to my house on Sept. 4. He identified my cable jack as a phone jack, told me I should run cable then call them back to install and he left. I went and looked at the jack after he left and sure enough it was cable. I scheduled another appointment for Sept. 16. The technician tried to tell me the cable jack was a phone jack and he couldn't do anything. I told him to look closer and he was surprised to find it was a cable jack.

He proceeded with the install until he found out that there was filter on my telephone pole that wouldn't allow me to get internet from the cable company. He told me I would have to trim bushes and trees to allow him to get to the pole. So he left. I trimmed the bushes and trees and called them back to reschedule, only to find out they've canceled my order.

They offered to let me re-order and schedule an appointment for two weeks from today - 6 weeks from the original order date.

• Valerie Sep 22, 2008

As a result of the extremely poor service that I have received this past weekend from COMCAST, I have decided to switch my bundle of services for cable, high-speed Internet and telephone to Verizon.

This past Saturday, 20 September 2017, my telephone service was interrupted due to an issue within the COMCAST infrastructure. This unfortunately is the third bad experience that I’ve had with regard to my telephone service within the first year. This morning, 21 September 2017, I again had no telephone service, High Speed Internet or digital cable service. I called customer service before 9 AM and was told by Eric x7955 that it was too late to dispatch a service technician. In my opinion, this appears to be a reoccurrence of the prior day’s issue and should have been treated as a priority.

I was offered by Eric inconvenient times for service during the week so I requested to speak with a supervisor. I was informed by Eric that Joe (x7248), the supervisor, was unable to help me. When I again requested to speak with a supervisor, I was told there was nothing that could be done. Bottom line is that as a customer, I was prohibited from elevating my concerns. I requested that Eric provide Joe my telephone number. I have not heard back from either Joe or Eric.

I have never been treated so poorly and with such little respect as I have this past weekend. Their customer service is non-responsive and irresponsible. COMCAST as a company has failed me and they have driven away a very long term customer.

• Valerie Sep 26, 2008

Nashville Comcast Customer service is the rudest, least helpful CS that I have ever dealt with iin my 62 years. Beginning with no listing for customer service in the phone book, to rude CS reps who don't listen to what you say, to menus that do not offer an appropriate option, to inability to recontact the same person, to refusal to give other contact numbers, to ad nauseum. Nashville Comcast Customer Service *** big time. My advice: If you can get other service - DO SO. I can't wait until ATT is available in my neighborhood. I hope Comcast loses ALL its customers.

• Valerie Sep 26, 2008

Recently my husband signed a bundle agreement with comcast for our home. After becoming effective, caller id shows with my first name and his last name. This person does not exist and the contract was signed by my husband, not by me. My husband called comcast and was told we would both have to physically visit the local office 15 or so miles away to correct the (comcast generated) problem.

I own a business making it impossible for me to pop into the local office during comcast business hours. nor should i have to. comcast has the information. You just need to correct YOUR mistake. Comcast has the information in our file with my husbands name. We didn't change it, comcast did after first losing our work order completely.

I called shippensburg comcast (our local office) one week ago and spoke with lori who assured me that she or mike would return my call within a few days. I have yet to hear from anyone at comast. During the conversation she pretty much told me there was nothing she could do.

Someone from comcast, lori i assume, sent a name change form via regular mail which my husband completed and sent back to the address provided. That also occurred last week. As of 24 sep no change has been made to caller id or our bill for that matter. This is such an easy fix that i am getting really irate that comcast refuses to fix THEIR mistake.

My next step is to file a complaint with the bureau of consumer protection or have my state representative look into the issue.

• Er
    Eric Vineyard Sep 28, 2008

I am sorry you feel mistreated and sounds like you had a direct sales agent and offers vary as well as internet placed orders. Call centers may not have these rates and the place of origin is the best place to resolve. On the other hand your promotion pricing seems below normal rates in my area and full billing is not a large jump from that rate.
    So you had:
    180-230 channels?
    Video-On-Demand and Music
    6-8 meg HSI with Powerboost
    Unlimited long distance Phone (CONUS & US Ter)
    Full feature Email/phonemail intergration and PC downloadable Movies and Free Security Suite.
    How much are your Bills to replace that service with?
    I am sorry if you felt slighted or somehow not treated to the best value of these bundled services. CAN ANYONE POST A BILL from other providers equal to this service for comparison?

• Valerie Oct 04, 2008

You call, you wait. You wait, you are deceived into thinking you will be rewarded with competence on the other end. no siree bob. you use comcast chat. same. The guy on the phone has no verbal command of english. The guy on the chat has no written capacity. Sorry. Is there anyone out there capable of writing a cable bill that will genuinely deliver competition? Their answer: well your box musta stopped werkin' let's make an appointment to have someone out there. Can't ya just leave a box on my porch? Nope. I think this is a ploy from the mccain campaign to keep me from watching gov palin debate Thursday night.

• Kk
    K.Kessler Oct 10, 2008

This service has been shut off again in the vincity of Tullel and Lockwoodridge Road again. I want an additional credit on my account!!!

• Valerie Oct 15, 2008

It seems that it really depends who I get at Comcast as to wether or not I will get good servie. A couple of weeks ago I had issues with my phone, they sent a tech out to fix it, which he didn't, so they sent another one the next day, the problem was on the outside of my house. I then got a bill for $35.00 for the first tech that was here, even though he did not fix it, I had to beg and plead with customer service to transfer me to a supervisor, she kept telling me it wouldn't do any good that it was a legitimate charge and that I would have to be on hold for a very long time. She finally transfered me and the supervisor agreed with me and reversed the charges.

Then just this past monday I called to pay the bill and the rep that answered the phone would not put me through to collections so I could pay it, saying that I was not listed on the account. I have been listed since the day we got service, I really ended up in a screaming match with her, I hung up called back and another tech sent my right through.

Now thier tech support people are great, but all the others in billing or where ever are horrible.

As sson as ATT gets out here I will be dropping Comcast as fast as I can. I would not recommend Comcast to anyone because of the way they treat thier customers.

Phil Czajkowski Oct 16, 2008

I recently responded to a Comcast Business offer for phone service, internet and TV for $99 a month.

I won't go into details about the poor installation, delays, lack of support and other problems, but suffice to say that everything they did was poor and slow. The only exception was in billing me.

Within two days of installation (that still had problems and was naot complete) I had a bill for the
    following months service. That's right I was billed in advance. This was never brought up in the offer or when I signed up. As a matter of fact, although I was installed on SEpt 15th, the bill was through Oct 15th which was still four weeks away. On Oct 15th still within the first billing period, I already received a past due notice even though I haven't even completed the first months service. When I called about it, I was told that this service was entertainment and as such is billed in advance. I told them that it was a business budnle package for phone service and had nothing to do with entertainment, but no reasoning with them.

I feel this practice is unfair and dishonest. It also shows that the only priority with Comcast is money and not fairness or support.

• Valerie Oct 17, 2008

I originally switched to Comcast Bundle package service in March 08 and was supposed to receive a $300 bonus for switching service. I received a confirmation by email that Comcast received my signed electronic agreement. I called to check status of rebate to be told that they never received agreement and I would have to go into service center to sign a new one in May. To date I have been told everything including "the check is in the mail." I have filed a complaint with BBB and am awaiting a hearing with the Dispute Resolution Center. Its the principle do not advertise what you do not intend on honoring.

• La
    Larry Jones Nov 01, 2008

Comcast first of all has difficulties in schedule availability. When the service tech shows for repair, they do not have the necessary equipment to repair known problem. So another service call must be set up. Then they do not show up for scheduled revisit. The customer service agent says the repair was made as I wait for three hours on a Saturday for someone to show. I have not had complete service since Aug 13, 2017. I have to pay my bill or they will turn off everything. Even though I do not get the cable I am paying for I must make payments as if it is coming . I am frustrated beyond belief. There is no customer service with Comcast. There are only false hopes and apologies from someone whom does not owe me an apology.

philip pollack Nov 04, 2008

I have to deal with these -------------. Verizon no better no other service available, i deal with verizon no fios or i don"t get squat. sounds like monopoly from my stand point. any other service I try to contact, won"t serve. Support no-go, hd channels without payment no-go, answers no-go, complaint resolution none. currently my computer might as well have no service, at all I could get faster speed for free.

philip pollack Nov 04, 2008

they lie, cheat, steal, just like the thiefs that run this country. Washington State has no protection from any of these thiefs. becuase it is run by thiefs, I am a two time vet and have served my country honorably. now i starve, because of these same thiefs, then I have to vote for the lesser of two thiefs. thank you ###s

• Valerie Nov 20, 2008

I am a person with a severe disability. My disability leaves me without family and friends to speak of (or with). I sometimes don't hear my own voice for days. So, my TV is an absolute necessity to help maintain my sanity. Comcast has no regard for their low-income customers. And these customers probably make up a good portion of their customer base. I have Comcast's basic analog service at $56.95/month. I live on $650/month, and this cost of cable is a hardship, but again, a necessary one. Of course, I've had to consider limited basic and even antenna TV, but I could not live with the limited choice of channels. As it is, the number of channels worth watching on my basic cable service is shamefully few.

Cable TV should not be a 'luxury' when the alternatives are often not satisfactory. I did begin the process of switching to DirecTV, but canceled the installation when I was charged $149 for equipment before the installers were even due to arrive at my apartment. They should not charge for equipment when it isn't yet determined if I could receive a good signal at my location. I've since read way too many horror stories online about the poor business practices of the two satellite dish companies to risk monetary loss, poor installation, or poor service.

No other options such as FiOS or XOHM seem to be available in my area, not that I could afford those services either. So, as a monopoly would happily have it, I am stuck with Comcast, and their inconceivable prices which they plan to increase yet again.

Notice that if you take away the letters, 'c', 'o', and 't' from the word Comcast, what remains are the letters that make up the word 'scam'... Keep in mind that the definitions of 'scam' are: A fraudulent business scheme; a stratagem for gain; a swindle.

Comcast's business practices often fit that definition. Their 'scam' would seem to be cleverly disguised by adding three letters to their name.

Mary Nov 27, 2008

As soon as I can sign on with another provider, I'm through with Comcast forever!

I signed on with Comcast in February of this year. The first sign of worse to come was when the install tech tried to rip me off for cash. I was appalled and should have gotten his name and reported his lack of integrity, but I decided to leave it alone, provided that the Comcast service worked pretty good.

For the most part it did. There were, however, 3 or 4 channels that never had any audio, but since they weren't channels that I didn't care for, I didn't complain. Then two weeks ago, the audio went off on the History Channel. When I called the issue in, the rep told me that not only was the audio gone, but as of my phone call, the video was gone, too; Because I had been receiving channels all along that I had not been entitled to! (I wasn't stealing them...they were somehow "accidentally" added to my original request for service. I was only "supposed" to get 29 channels, but I had somehow been given 72)

When I asked the cost of having the other channels restored, I was quoted a price of $40, which would bring my monthly cost to approximately $70...same amount that I'm CURRENTLY paying! I failed to see the logic in this! I've never been late on a bill, always paid a little MORE than the total due, and yet, instead of giving me a courtesy call and explaining their position, I come home one day to 22 channels instead of the original 72. (Although they said I was only entitled to 29, 6 of the 29 haveno picture and 1 has a picture with no audio).

The service people (and I have to say it but I'm gonna)...all of them were African American (as I) and every last one of them were rude and don't deserve to call themselves "customer service" ANYTHING! I could barely get a word in edgewise over the guy with the disgusting attitude who received my call. When I asked for his supervisor, I was hung up on. I called back, was put on hold for 30 minutes and disconnected again. I called back a 3rd time, got the supervisor (whose caring about my issue was as see through as a glass of water) and finally, hung up on or disconnected by her.

Only on the 4th call did I get a man (African American) who seemed to have an ounce of caring about my issues, and he agreed to credit my bill for $40.00.

Customers have more power than they realize, and we need to unite in a show of force against unscrupulous, uncaring, callous business entitites such as Comcast! I, for one, am tired of spending my hard earned money with people who treat me as if my business nor my money matters to them.

But for now, they're outta here! I'm going to see if Direct TV and Dish Network are looking for a good-paying customer!