Comcastrip off

after seeing an ad on tv last month about comcast internet. I called and was told it would be $14.99 a month for the next 6 months and that if I came into the service center and picked up a self installation kit I would not have to pay the $50 installation fee they charge to send someone to your home to hook it up. so I when 2 counties over(I live in a rual area.) stood in line for 2 hours and came home with a modem that did not work. I had to call comcast 3 times and a tech had to keep resetting the modem from his computer. Finally I have the slowest internet since dial-up. Got my first bill yesterday and guess what $87.13!!! I called and after 32 minutes on hold I got a very nice woman who was well trained in double talk. she tells me that my introductory rate is not $14.99 but $29.99 a month but this still doesn't explain the bill because I got the internet the last week in january. after 30 minutes on hold and 4 minutes of talking in circles I got no answers and the polite brush off. anyone else have this problem?????

• Ei
    Eileendeanda Jun 03, 2016

We are paying monthly, on time, for high speed internet. When we noticed our 'high speed' was SLOW and non-moving, we called and spoke to a Comcast phone Tech/rep. Even though we were connected and our screen showed our Comcast website and email, the rep told us she 'could not see our modem' and we 'were not connected'. We were advised to set up an appointment with a repairman and did so, with the appointment scheduled for the following Monday between the hours of 9a and 9p. Later in the afternoon we received an automated call reminding us of our appointment, set for two days later. The following day we received a call asking us to 'confirm' our appointment for Monday between 9a and 9p (again) and I selected the appropriate options to do so. The following day (Sunday) Comcast's automated number calls to remind us of our appointment on Monday between 9a and 9p and asks that I select the appropriate number on the keypad to confirm - Done! Sunday night just prior to 9 p.m. Comcast's automated 'Service' called three times to confirm (again!!) our appointment on the following day... once again, through gritted teeth, I followed the directed (now memorized) to confirm the appointment. Monday comes, I go to walk my dog, leaving my cell phone in the house, and Comcast calls three times, in a short period of time - to confirm the appointment. When I returned from my walk, I saw that I had missed the call(s), listened to my voicemail messages and replayed the VM messages from the 'living' Comcast rep - asking about confirming the appointment (Again!) I immediately recalled that number only to receive a message that it 'was not a working number'. I called Comcast's direct number and followed the prompts to hear that we had an appointment set for today between 9a and 9p., as soom as I hung up the phone I got another call asking to confirm the appointment???? I called Comcast back and spoke to a rep, and asked how many times does Comcast expect me to confirm this appoinment?? I was told by this rep that she saw out appointment was set and that Comcast requires a confirmation the 'day of' the appointment in order to follow up with the appoinment? I asked the obvious question... then WHY the ten other calls to confirm the appointment??? When it was getting later and we had not heard from Comcast, I called to find out that our service call had been cancelled for not confirming the appoinment! Unbelievable!! I asked to speak to a supervisor and was put on hold for 20 minutes before being informed that 'he was busy' and would call me back - no return call! I called again and selected the option to end our Comcast service and spoke to 'Cherise', who told me that she showed on her screen the high number of calls we had received, but never showed confirmation, she said she was going to escalate the ticket and we had a 90% chance of getting a repair tech out today, she also said she'd have a supervisor contact me - as of this time no comcast and no supervisor call. UNacceptable!!! This is not service

• Ro
    ropdblue Jul 10, 2015

We dropped Comcast cable after many years of poor reception and poorer customer support. We stayed with internet and voice because the competition here is even worse. Now, that we have our own compatible Xfinity gateway (modem/router/telephony) we are starting to experience very erratic speeds - 50+ Mbps one minute and then 6 or 7 Mbps a few minutes later. I don't know for sure, but maybe the speed is being throttled on a rotating basis in our area. When you call for help you hear the same mantra (if you can even understand the "tech.") The local "techs" are no better, you never see the same person twice. I think they're all high school dropouts and even they get fed up with Comcast after awhile. Basically, we're all screwed because poor quality and poor service is endemic in this industry.

• To
    TomOshea Mar 29, 2015

This complaint is about Comcast/Xfinity both internet and Television. I have been a customer of Comcast for 10 years. Recently the bill went from $72. to $147 in less than 8 months. The internet service is slow even though I have their Blast package. They introduced Blast but the speed is the same as before...no improvement. This is kind of like bait and switch. I have to laugh when I see their commercials for their speedy internet service. The service also goes down for long periods of time. Now to their TV package. I pay for channels I would never watch. As with the internet the TV goes down for long periods of time. When you call their Customer service people (snicker) you get zero help from them. These are sales people not customer service people. The other problem with these people is that many of them do not speak English so you can't understand them. Warning to anyone thinking of cable don't go with Comcast/Xfinity. You will be very sorry. I am stuck with them because I have my e-mails and my web page with them. If I could dump them today I would!

jab7 Dec 28, 2014

I buy internet services from Comcast (CC). Recently my service went out and I had to make multiple calls to CC. Each call lasted 30 to 60 minutes. I was repeatedly put through a series of time consuming steps that fit their agenda.

After multiple calls, a tech rep finally admitted to me that my internet box was obsolete and needed to be replaced. When I asked why I had not been notified about this problem I was told that CC had to inform the citizens of California before they informed the citizens of New Mexico. It is also curious as to why it took multiple time consuming calls to finally arrive at the truth with this company. It appears as though Hollywood is more important to CC than Albuquerque.

That tech rep stated that he would be mailing a new box out that day. After one week I had not received the new box and called yet again. I discovered that the box had never been mailed. The box arrived over one month after my original call to CC. I then had to call CC yet again and spend another hour plus on the phone with them to get the product working.

Sarah9284 Nov 01, 2014

Xfinity and Comcast are a joke. Why is it that we, as consumers, are charged a set
    monthly contract fee and the companies are allowed to not provide the service we expect or paid for due to "technical difficulties?" Shouldn't we get a discount for the number of hours we do not actually get service? I think it's a breach of contract. I also think that any clauses that say these technical difficulties that are beyond the control of the companies make them non liable for damages or non breach are unenforceable. We are getting ripped off as consumers by these huge conglomerate cable companies.

• De
    Desire to Make Changes Oct 02, 2014

Comcast is now upgrading their modems for telephone and internet service with no battery for back up power. I was informed the customer can purchase the battery if desired. How greedy is this company? Cable costs have risen with poor products, service and customer service. A service protection plan was added to my statement without permission or authorization. Yet the problem lies with their equipment - not at my home! Customers were advised when Digital TV was mandated by the Government that if you had cable you did not need to obtain 2 free adapters provided by the Government. Skip a couple of years and now they charge $1.99 per adapter and excuse the charge because we were told this was coming. Monthly equipment charges for boxes and modems, etc. continually increase, yet the equipment in our homes depreciates. Weather does affect service and on Demand is difficult to get in on Friday and Saturday nights. Representatives offer various reasons for this phenomena. United we succeed in making changes. Protest these charges and increases even if it means cancelling the service and maybe this company will see we mean business!!!

• Ha
    HalHansen Sep 12, 2014

Comcast is the worst ever. Jonathan (a good representative) at the store accepted my returned equipment and closed my account. I then paid the prorated amount for the current billing period. I had previously removed the billing information for the automatic bank payment and received confirmation that my account would no longer be billed. Guess what..., Comcast went ahead and debited my checking account AGAIN for the normal bill, even though I already paid in the store. The store debit came out immediately. I stopped the automatic payment before they charged me, they acknowledged it was stopped. I called customer service, escalated to supervisor, after 35 minutes on the phone, the best they can do is issue a check in 2-3 weeks. (it's already scheduled) Further escalation is possible if I am willing to wait for a call back in 1-2 weeks! The rep says they cannot refund my account (though they were able to debit it in a nano second at the Comcast store), they cannot cut a manual check to send to me. This is their policy and there is nothing no one can do...basically, it's a matter of nothing no one is WILLING to do. I feel sorry for the Comcast employees who are not given the tools or authority to help customers Comcast has screwed.

• Sc
    Scott1600 Jul 14, 2014

We had the alarm system installed, and a year later we moved. Comcast moved the alarm system and incorrectly installed it in the new location, mean while I noticed my bill was charged $2017, because so they claimed I terminated the alarm service and didn't return the equipment. WHAT? I'm sick and tired of Comcast sorry customer service and sorry service Period!!! A class action law suite needs to take place.

• De
    deslok May 26, 2014

In 1990 I closed my Com cast account and was preparing to move out of Pennsylvania. There was a tech scheduled to pick up the converter box between 9am and 1pm but they never showed up.In 1995 I moved back and when I attempted to set up service was told I owed them 130 dollars for the box. (I called and told them it was left with the building manager but it seems they never came for it)
    Needless to say I didn't get service set up.In 2017 I again applied for service and was again told I owed 130 dollars for the box. As of now its been 24 years and they still claim I owe them money. Keep in mind that comcast was sold to verizon at one point and then sold again. Yet they still maintain my debt. It is the only cable service in the area where I live but Im denied service for a 24 year old debt. It is illegal to attempt to collect on a debt of that age and my opinion is that they hold on to these debts so they can use them as a tax deduction again and again...

• Ed
    edbucci Jan 13, 2014

Comcast is a scam, the older customers like my father, comcast keeps upping their bill but won't give him any good rates like new customers get, but what they don't say is you are suppose to call them and see what kind of deal you can get or cancel your account and call back up to set up a new account. The older generation doesn't even think to do this or even know. So new customers is comcasts focus. Well I now have the luxury of dealing with them for my own needs and since I live in PHILLY they are the monopoly here when it comes to cable internet and tv. The fees are rediculous but one fee I noticed was $9.95 for something called "HD technology fee" it is listed with my HD box that they are also charging me another $9.95 for. This is complete bull, because my father has 3 HD boxes and he is not charged this HD technology fee technology bull. I contacted comcast to get the run around which they think their customers are idiots apparently. Comcast is evil and greedy corporation that doesn't care one bit about their customers, especially the fixed income/poorer ones, who just want the basics. When I had my service installed back in Sept. they did a half ### installation and were suppose to come back out the next day. Well nothing then they said in 2 days someone will be out, took off from work that day, and nothing so I was furious I missed a day of work for these ### to stick me with their broom stick. They did give me a whopping $20 credit cause the tech didn't come in his window time frame (but that still doesn't make up the pay lost for the day off), that was all they did for me. They even kept telling me as I called every hour to see if the tech was coming out and up until 9pm was told every time yes they will be there, well 9pm comes no one and then they tell me I have to set up another appointment. that was another 2 days away. This type of crap shows that this company is poorly run and doesn't care as long as they get there money and are in the business to rip people off. I also paid an install fee which was wrong for all this bull they put me through for a simple set up I could have done personally but they wouldn't let me cause I live in an apartment building said the evil sheep on the other end of the line, when I could of went down the road to the comcast point and picked up the equipment myself. Well after almost a week and they finally fixed everything and gave us the additional box we were already being charged for since day 1, that the original tech didn't have in his truck. Plus during this time, I missed 5 days of online classes because of their incompetence (no internet access). Like I said if you can avoid this evil company do so. BE WARNED this company is a joke and will scam the crap outta you before you have enough time to figure out how and how much they took you for. And I have the phone calls all recorded, emails and paper work to show how this company operates and treated me as a new customer. I'm glad I didn't sign any papers like their contracts they are now trying to get people into so I can actually leave whenever. But can't because I live in PHILLY, PA and their is no alternate fast internet verizon is still DSL, as only the rich areas have access to FIOS.

• Ti
    tired of comcast Oct 20, 2013

We ordered premium channels as part of triple play about 3 weeks ago, went through the process of activating our phone number with third party verification. Everything appeared to go thorough, we were able to view the channels and thought we were all set. Then 3 weeks later, the channels are not showing as available - we tried calling comcast, the rep goes to say, you do not have premium services, then when we explain again, he says, looks like you called us but you did not activate phone, we said, we completed it and were able to see our subscription. Then the rep proceeded to say, you have not paid the right amount - we are on automatic billing and the bill shows we ordered premium service - however, the rep says your subscription was dropped. He then proceeds to submit the order again as if it is de novo - - refuses to give confirmation number for th transaction - - we need a better internet options and need to get all customers to leave comcast - I am tired of their processes - each time we move, each time we add service - series of calls, you have to get upset, get escalation then may be it works until the next time you need them - it is like they do not want you to make any changes - even if it means more revenue for them...

• Mr
    Mr. Edwards Oct 10, 2013

On Sunday, we called to upgrade our Comcast cable service. A tech was scheduled to come to the house on Thursday. The tech was a NO SHOW. Upon calling Comcast, we were told that they had a record of our Sunday call, but no record of the details or tech being scheduled for Thursday. Now, they say that they are coming next Tuesday. REALLY?

• Ke
    Keith Sharber Sep 07, 2013

Comcast service is terrible, and the calls made to them often put you on hold for 30-60 minutes just to complain that your VOD service is not working YET AGAIN.Many times the Video on Demand service is often not working on the weekends when most people want to watch this service.I am very distraught to continually complain about this feature of the Comcast service, and waiting on hold for extended times on the weekends make this a very hard choice for anyone that wants to keep this service.I wish that this message was picked up or viewed by someone higher up the chain so that this issue would be resolved.Please help me COMCAST.I dont know how much longer i can stay with Comcast when they leave me dissastisfied. VERY UNHAPPY CUSTOMER!!!

• Ph
    PheliaJ Mar 24, 2013

When everything went digital com-cast sent out a letter to customers stating twe would need their adapters installed by a certain date or would not be able to get reception. Letter stated you would be allowed 1 main box and 2 of the smaller at no additional charge. I am not sure of the time frame probably about 3 years ago. They sent me the stupid boxes and I installed. Much to my surprise my March bill was charging me for two of these adapters. Letter clearly stated there would be no charge for these I personally think this is illegal your letter to me was a contract and now you are failing to honor that contract. Am seriously considering going back to the old fashioned antenna

• Ra
    RarelyComplain Mar 21, 2013

Did you read the fine print? You have to mail in that request between specific dates and include a copy of the first bill you receive - sometimes order numbers and install date, yahdah, yahdah. It's all in the small print. If you "do not follow directions" to the tee, they won't send it to you and they won't tell you that they won't or why Go back and look at the papework and check out what you sent and when - and to who.

By the way, many of these offers have nothing to do with Comcast itself but rather, is carried out by some other agency of whatever relationship to Comcast - perhaps advertising or something like that - only contracted with Comcast. It's not as simple as it looks..

• Ca
    cale angryashell Mar 21, 2013

I signed up to comcast 10/15/2017 with a $150 prepaid visa as a bonus sign on.
    Comcast says it will take 12-15 weeks before I receive it, it is now 03/21/2017 well over 5 months. Several phone calls and promises later I can say it will never happen!
    Thanks comcast for selling me a contract under a fraudulant sign on bonus!
    Thanks comcast for making me and thousands feel like chumps!

• Ca
    carole carton Mar 02, 2013

Thursday @ 3PM computer stopped working and I spoke with tech support who told me to check wires, plugs etc. The monitor power button was yellow, screen was blank only said going to sleep when I turned on off. He said the problem was the modem not monitor. the computer was only 2 months old.Then he said he needed $50 to try the repair on phone and may need to repair outside of home. My husband was writing for work an article on deadline so our situation needed to run out ASAP and bought a new computer we barely have any money since we just paid our bill. I told my son he could have it he takes some hardware and sells the pieces I took it to his house in another town today and they plugged in and it worked perfect . Same wires so the system must have been down and the tech was incompetent I had tech before and they fixed everything fine.

• Ha
    harleyguy00 Feb 19, 2013

Well of course like everyone else Concast business model and practices border on extortion. For 2 years as part of my bundle my bill was quoted as approx $185.00 per month. Mind you i dont have anything extravagant.
    1 TV with a HD Box. 1 TV with a HD DVR and our Bedroom TV with just a basic digital adapter on it. Standard Internet and Phone service as well. I just had HBO prior to this NEW 2 year bundle. Somehow i got this Premier
    bundle without my knowledge. No biggy i'll take it. Now as of Feb 8th i was told my 2 year contract was up. So i get the bill and its now $233.00. And to top it off as of March first i'll be billed another $9.95 for
    a "HD Technology Fee"...WTF is that?...Plus some of the other services are going up as well. So i figure my bill is now going to be around $250.00 or more. I dont know about you but thats a little ridiculous.
    So i call of CS and see if i can get reduced somehow or moved into another lesser bundle. I dont want or need any of the pay changes. Basically was told i cant. I said but i just want HBO. Was basically told its an
    all or nothing package, you cant really select the pay channels you want any more. She did suggest that i remove the $3.19 fee for Home wiring protection plan that i took...OoooooOOOOOOOooooooo. Yeah that'll help.
    So in the meantime i have FIOS comming out on March 4th for install and kicking ComCrap to the curb once and for all. Of course once i return the equipment and cancel service they will be up all in my butt trying to
    get me to rejoin with awesome incentives...Bite me!!!...I signed up with FIOS for a 2 year contract with pretty much the same Comcast package. 1 Multiroom DVR(better than Comcast), 1 HD box and 1 basic
    adapter., phone and internet. Not only did they speak English and appear to be from the USA but she was very helpful. Mind you i realize they were putting on there best face to get my service and that might
    change once im a customer but none the less it was refreshing. So for all that i am now paying about $155.00 for the first year. Approx $179.00 for the 13th to 18th month due to some promotions ending and then for
    the last 6 months about $195.00. To me thats ridiculous savings!!!.Plus i get a $100.00 Visa gift card!!!...And i can add and subtract services without fees too unlike Comcast...You know i didnt want to change over.
    I now have to redo everyone who has my Comcast email address. But its a smaill price to pay now. Comcast has just gotten ridiculous. I remember working for a small cable company about 20 years ago. Basic cable was
    about 20 bucks and if you had all of the pay channels(HBO, Cinemax, Disney and Showtime) your bill was about 60 bucks if that...WOW, times have changed...Come on March 4rth!!!...Buh Bye Comcrap!!!

• Why The Long Faces Nov 08, 2012

Jersey, you obviously know you are not the only one they have out of service. It sucks, but be patient and stop acting like you are the only customer they have. Those crews are working their ### off trying to restore service all over bad weather areas. If I worked for Comcast and read your slacker comment, I would make sure you were the last one to get your service restored.

• Fu
    Furious in Jersey Nov 08, 2012

I hate Comcast. We've been without cable, Internet, and phone since our electric was restored 5 days ago. They are the only game in town so they don't give a crap about their lousy service. Phone so-called techs are almost impossible to understand. I would dump them in a heartbeat if we had another alternative. Worst we were convinced to bundle so everytime they casually deal with problems we have no phone, tv or Internet until they get their slacker butts in gear. Plus my Internet connection SUCKS even in good weather. Makes working at home almost impossible. I honestly hate them.

• Bu
    bunnyfly Oct 17, 2012

I was scammed by their billing dept. i was told that if i made a payment and kept my acc. in good standing they would get me a deal on my internet service at a rate of at no more then 29.00 a month so i made the payment to a operator named trevor and then they transfered me to another dept and the next operator said that trevor had no right to make deals with me and no 29.00 deal exsisted. then i talked to a supervisor two weeks later, and carlos the supervisor said nope nothing he could do my rates would stay the same and would go up after 6 months time. i felt scammed by my own internet provider!

• Co
    Comcastcares1 Sep 21, 2012

I apologize for the trouble. I work for Comcast and I'd like to help in making sure that your concerns are addressed. Will you please contact me, provide the phone number associated with your account as well as the link for this page (as a point of reference)?

Thanks in advance,

Mark Casem
    Comcast Corp.
    National Customer Operations
    [email protected]

• I have been out of service for 7 days ging on 8, 2 appointments scheduled no call no show, ZCustomer service sucks as well, Their prices are to expensive for the sucky service provided, I talked to about 6 different reps all in 1 week, Neither had good customer service skills. This company is over rated and someone should step in and audit their services and prices. I am searching for a new provider and will never use comcast or xfinity in this lifetime!

Sincerley not a happy comcast/xfinity xcustomer..

mad2 Aug 29, 2012

I have had recent problems with overcharges, also. Last month I paid my current charges at the end of the month as I normally do. I refuse to pay in advance for services I have not yet used. A few days after this I returned both the modem and the cable box as I was discontinuing those services. I knew I still had a balance of approximately $85 for the coming month but figured they would remove the charges for the modem and the cable as I did not have those services this month-only internet. Then I received my bill today. Not only am I being billed for the services I removed the end of last month and internet...but they are charging me for two additional months of internet! I understand that they bill a month ahead but TWO months? All my attempts to reason with the unreasonable customer service reps were futile. They refuse to acknowledge their "mistake" and it is looking like I will have to not only pay for services I did not receive this past month...but a double internet charge for this coming month! Either that or change to a less than suitable DSL.

• Vg
    V Guzman Jun 04, 2012

I was looking for a cheaper service in leu of my U-Verse, so I contacted AT&T and they refer me to Comcast - the representation gave me a deal for $129.99, 12months, 1dvr + 1dvr @ $10 - when connected to the installation department, they told me the dvr are $16.95 each - I mentioned what I was told by Ricky the sales rep and he told me he was wrong - I asked to speak to a supervisor, I was told it would take at least 45 minutes so I mentioned I would write this misleading sales information in the net and he hang up! Yes, this will also be reported ti the FCC.

• Ou
    Outraged human being May 26, 2012

When I transferred my comcast cable service to a new location, I noticed on my new bill charging me $15 for a video sil install kit. When I asked the Comcast representative what this charge was, she stated that it was a charge for my installation fee. I told her I was the one to hook up all the cable boxes and I did not receive any thing special like an install kit. When I told the representative that Comcast is charging me a $15 fee so I can do their work for them. Her response was it was cheaper than having a comcast person out to help me install the cable, which "would have cost me $65." I cannot understand Comcast can get away with charging new customers with this asinine fee. Why would anyone be stupid enough to pay Comcast money so you can do their work.

• Br
    Brodele Apr 19, 2012

Please be advised that Comcast refuses to honor the promotional package and price I signed up for through WhiteFence.com, a utility/services service provided through Bozzuto Management Company, the management of the Rolling Hills Apartments located on Circle Gate Drive in Germantown, MD. I received my first Comcast bill which totaled $133.26. I immediately called Comcast Customer Service and advised them that I signed up for the Xfinity Digital Preferred service at $39.99 (1st six months) plus a $25 installation fee, $59.99 for 2nd six months and that my bill was incorrect.

I was informed that my bill would be adjusted and it would take 48 hrs. to reflect on my account. After 8 days and my bill was still incorrect, I called Comcast again and was transferred to the Promotions Department. I spoke to a “Ryan” who told me he would take care of adjusting my bill to reflect what I signed up for. Unbeknowing to me, the CUSR deleted the “Digital Preferred” service I signed up for from my account when my bill was adjusted. All of my Digital Preferred channels are reading “Not Authorized.” I called Comcast yet again and was told that I am not authorized for these channels – yet, this is the package and prices I signed up for.

The long and short of the matter is, Comcast refuses to honor the promotional package I signed up for through White Fence – $39.99 for first six months; $59.99 for 2nd six months. Because they had to adjust my bill to the promotional price, they deleted the level of service (Digital Preferred) I signed up for.

• Jd
    jdlaughead Apr 01, 2012

I use to enjoy the Comcast Music Channels, now these cheap #$%%#$%are sticking commercials all over the face of the music, so I just get a small blanket and block out the screen. I will never, never support any of their advertisers, until they clean up there act, and I hope other people, Wake up and do the same. Cable TV in the beginning was AD, Free, now they have made a mockery of it, Not happy with these Greedy #%%@$%

• Bi
    Bibino Feb 23, 2012

Comcast over charged my account. i have a payment off $141.00past due, from that, i paid $80.00 dollars. The balance should be $61and they charge me $25 extra. I called Comcast i spoke with a lady, she told me i owe $76.95. And she told me they have a special for 6 month for $59.99. I add the 76.95 plus 59.99. They send me my new statement for $232.00. When i called Comcast i ask them why my bill $232. They said i owe them back in Feb. They forget to charge me for that month. I told them it is not my problem and Brandon said they cant give that month free I told him its my problem.why Comcast didn't send me another statement for that separate. They charge me 59.99 three time.

Janedough Feb 16, 2012

In Portland OR area it’s $66 for an entry level package eligible for HD, a $10 HD access charge, plus taxes = an 80 dollar plus bill every month and that’s for only 1 TV! I encourage all of you to cut the cable/dish cord as I have. One easy, cost effective way (esp. if you live in a metropolitan area) is to buy a Mohu Leaf antenna (read the great reviews) and a Roku or Tivo Box(or any other streaming box if you don’t have apps on your TV). Both Roku (no monthly fee) and Tivo give you access to a very large amount of streaming content, i.e. Amazon, Blockbuster, Hulu Plus, Netflix etc. The Tivo box enables you to record all the FREE content you get OTA with an antenna. There is a $20 a month fee for a Tivo box (a good interface with lots of features), but it’s far, far cheaper than cable/dish.

Mack Moe Feb 13, 2012

We have DVR. We can pause programs and rewind if we want to see something again. When I listened and watched Comcasts music channels, I often would rewind to hear a song again. Maximum rewind is 15 minutes, so i could hear a song two or three times if I wanted. Recently, on music channels only, if I rewind the music is interrupted by dead space every ten seconds or so. I can only listen to what they play, and now I can only hear it once. It is not that big of a deal; I can flip to the Net, get on Grooveshark or Playlist and listen to the same song as often as I want. The point is that this shows what a raggedy-assed, cheap penny pinching company this is. If Comcast were a restaurant, they would charge you for water. If they owned trees, they'd charge you a dollar and a half just to see 'em. Their business model is faulty, the internet will soon blow them away, and all I can say is good riddence to this Ma Bell monstrousity.

• Fc
    fckedinA$$tooManytimes Feb 03, 2012

This is why we do not hook up with any sevice from any company for TV . When you can get movies for free online . We were paying for channels you get for free.

• Di
    Dinof777 Feb 03, 2012

I signed up for the residential Comcast triple play in December 2017. I also had business class Internet from Comcast. Comcast came in took my business class Internet out and put in the residential. They continued to bill me. I have called 5 times  to try to fix this and have been disconnected before I could get the cancelation complete every time.
    Called in 12/11 they sent me an email to unverified email address. When they transfer you to the cancelation department the phone disconnects most of the time. Every time you call or get transferred they ask the same 4 questions to wear you down. They also separate all job functions so no one person can handle a simple call. Which also means you have to explain yourself over and over again.
    I feel they make it difficult to cancel on purpose to try and prolong the billing to you. I had the same problem years ago with the transferring of calls just to get hung disconnected.

• Te
    Terri Codlean Jan 27, 2012

As a consumer, I was lied to and told that cable was being installed when in fact it wasn't..twice.. they told me the WO was closed, then they told me it wasn't closed...4 times I got these answers...as of last night, the WO still wasn't closed. I was hung up on after being told to hold, seemed they didn't want to be bothered..I was kept on hold over 1/2 hour when I asked to speak with a supervisor, they never came back to speak with me...I have been given wrong information numerous times ...4 days of constant frustration...job not being completed correctly and having to wait a week to be completed properly which is a big question mark at this point...not knowing if the job will be completed. They have a lack of caring for the customer...no customer service. The customer service reps have a laxadazed attitude..Comcast doesn't seem to care at all about the customer...I will most likely cancel if they cannot resolve this issue...terrible terrible company...no wonder everyone I know refuses to use them...they said they wouldn't touch them with a 10 foot pole...we should have listened to them!!!.

• Me
    mentor22 Dec 25, 2011

Comcast says they have to switch to digital due to fed regs, after two TV cable boxes, numerous calls and visits to their office I still only get half of the channels I’m supposed to. Strangely enough as soon as I hooked up one of their boxes to my TV my PC’s browser was hijacked to their website eventhough I don’t have them as a provider. They sent out a tech and he said my wireless was receiving an erroneous signal from someone nearby. To fix the TV signal they’d have to put in a new underground cable. Seems everyone in our area is having the same problems and I’m beginning to think Comcast is outright lying to it’s customers.

I’m about ready to hook my truck to the 200 ft of cable they have on my property and send it back to them. I just moved and I rented a coorporate apartment and it has been 24 days and after multiple phone calls from the apartment office and myself and still I have not heard back from Comcast and still without cable or internet. Moreover this past week I have been trying to talk to someone at your 800 number and noone picks up and the automated machine keeps repeating the same message over and over after a series of beeps. This is getting very frustrating to say the least. I can’t imagine any business becoming successfull with this kind of custumor service!!!

Joey52590 Dec 17, 2011

Id say GO WITH AT&T I am 21 Year old have my own apartment and I had them for a week i decided to UPGRADE NOT DOWNGRADE my package i was charged 5 dollars FOR EVERY upgrade i CHOOSE!!! I said well upgrade this and said i have 30 days to cancel my service Cancel it! NOW i have at&t and its AWESOME ...>THIS IS WHY COMCAST IS GOING UNDER GOOGLE IT they lost thosands of customers last year because of bad service and NO CHANNELS! Sigh...everything is CRAZY with money these days !!!

• Ki
    Kinjekade Dec 17, 2011

In July I answered an Ad for $79.85 Xfinity economy Triple play.

flyer jn10-s2/3-XFN. The service I was billed for was different when the bill came. I complained and was told that a credit had been issued and the problem fixed. Again I complained on 9/18 and was told the problem had been fixed. I could not get a new bill. Wait for the next monthly bill. The Oct 11 bill arrived. It was not corrected. I called shortly after receipt on 10/18. After talking to a supervisor, Alexander, I was told the problem was corrected and I could check on line in 24 to 48 hours. I checked on line. A credit was issued, but the regular monthly charge was not changed. I called and spoke to supervisor Josh RAMJ 0208. He said the problem had been fixed but Comcast is unable to issue a new bill or an email memo about the service. If I go to the customer center on Potrero, they may be able to show me the correction on their computer screen.

If I do not pay the bill, my service will be so delinquent that it will either be cancelled or a fine levied or both. If I pay the bill, I appear to be agreeing with the more expensive program.

I want a bill so that I can pay it.

• Qu
    Queen Basher Dec 17, 2011

Comcast does not have contracts unless for triple play services.

• Qu
    Queen Basher Dec 17, 2011

I have been with comcast in TN for 11 years, never had any issues.

MAD King Dec 17, 2011

I lived in many states using many services from companies like Brighthouse and Charter and had always excellent customer service with them.
    But with Comcast would be my worst nightmare and support.
    I moved in December 2017 from Florida to Tennessee into an apartment complex. The management gave me a letter with a phone number and name on it. He would be the representative from Comcast for this area, they said.
    So I called him and he gave me a package price for internet, base TV and home phone of $67 per month included taxes and fees. What he didn’t say was that this was a so called promotion, good for 12 month and what the price will be after that. So after 12 month I received a bill for $119 for the package. I was surprised and thought it would be just a mistake.
    So I called the hotline and a guy told me finally it was just a promotion to get customers.
    Shocked about that I told him I want to cancel the package and I don’t want to be a lied to Comcast customer anymore.
    So he connected me, what I understood, to the solution department.
    A woman picked up and asked me for my permission to ask me a few questions first.
    I have to say that they state a few times that the conversation would be recorded.
    So she asked me the reason for canceling. I told her about the almost 100% increase which I wasn’t satisfy with. She asked me if I would consider not to cancel if she would be able to give me a better price. I said yes. So after about 15 minutes of chit chatting with her she told me that she could bring me down to $61 plus taxes and fees and that this would be good for another 12 month again because it is a promotion again. And I have to call in 12 month again and ask if they have a promotion again. Ridiculous!
    Mention that this price was only for home phone and internet, since I do not have a TV for over a decade now.
    She also said that the new price would be shown in two to three days on my online account.
    After about three weeks I checked my Comcast online billing account and to my surprise nothing was changed. Still the $119 showed up.
    So I called the hotline again. Talked to a guy again. He said he can see when I called the last time, but cannot see any changes or notes in the system or even the recordings on my last call. Really mad about this customer handling and parody I told him to cancel everything immediately. He connected me again to the solution department!
    A guy talked to me asking me the same question about my permission to ask questions about my reason why I would like to cancel and if he would give me a good price if I would change my mind.
    He made me then an offer of $159 per month!!! Remember, luring with $67, trying to keep you as a stupid customer with not changing price of $61, trying to get still the $119 and finally to punish customer for calling to much with an excessively price of $159.
    He told me then that his supervisor is calling me the next day to discuss this and to find a solution.
    Never received a phone call!

What company does this?? How can they still have customers??
    They lure people with low prices, not telling that it is good only for 12 month, then they increase it almost %100 and when you talk to them they raise it even up another 25%.
    My recommendation is: Get another provider, because any other company is better than them.
    For me I got three very good friends who are attorneys and I already told one of them about that.
    He is taking care of this now. Let’s see what they have to say about that and I also submitted this to the Better Business Bureau and filed a complaint with the FCC Consumer Complaint.

Good luck to you all with Comcast.