Comcastcomcast should be investigated

I reside in Nashville, Tennessee and Comcast cable service here is absolutely HORRIBLE! Many of my complaints stem from the most obvious and makes you wonder why you pay so much every month (even with the constant price increases and channel changes) for something that really, if you think about it, is not worth the money you paid for it.

1. You can ask three customer service reps the same question and receive three different answers. Does this company even train their employees regarding cable services provided by Comcast?

2. Comcast has a message service that advertises worthless tidbits of information. How about posting when you are changing channels and rate changes? Many of us dont know of these changes until we receive the bill or flip through channels to notice that a channel you once had is no longer in the lineup.

3. Comcast had two rate increases last year (early spring and in the winter). Why so many and so often? Why has service not improved?

4. Why is there no other cable provider? Is Comcast the only conglomerate that, because it's the only "spoiled child", is willing to take more money from its customers since there is no other competition? What of Charter?

I wish someone with the FCC or some other commission would come in and investigate the practices of Comcast. Many, MANY people are dissatisfied and feel they have no other choice but to select them. Our only choice is Dish Services and DirectTV but they offer sattelite services. Pity. They could make a killing with a lot of unhappy Comcast cable customers.

I laugh when I see the commercial that states "... Comcast is the nation's leading cable provider..." It's the leading provider because for some of us, it's the ONLY worthless provider! Terrible customer service, increasing rates, constant changes, lousy service and stupid decision makers whose only concern is to line their pockets and not benefit the customer is what makes Comcast number 1.

Chicago Illinois Feb 11, 2008

Comcast? How about "CON-CAST"!!!

They are complete rip offs, mainly because they are the ONLY cable provider in Chicago, until you hit the Indiana border. Then you "may" be eligible for WOW in your area.

I was on an introductory plan that gave me all three "###" services for a total of about 100 bucks a month. I wasn't satified with the channel line-up, and needed to network another computer.

They immediately terminated my introductory offer, and my bill went up to $223.00 a month.

After the upgrade, about three weeks later - I received a bill for $562.00.

I cant wait until they figure out they wont be receiving any more payments from me.

Did I mention, during my networking upgrade - I was visited by four of their incompetent technicians.

Comcast can Kiss My A--!

I refuse to keep wasting my money. It is evident the local government is getting paid just as well as comcast. Probably why we don't have a choice in the situation. They refuse the let in another provider if they cant get a cut of the profits!

Thats something to really think about!

• Le
    Lesson Learned AIC Aug 26, 2010

I hate Comcast! They screwed my bill up 3 times in the last 12 mo. Most recently I changed my service. My new bill was supposed to be $90. Instead I get one for $165!!! I was never told when I called to change my service that I would be charged any fee for changing my service, yet my new bill has a $75 "Early Termination Fee"

What a bunch of BS!! Thank God I do not have my payments set to be automatically withdrawn from my account.

I paid my bill (minus the $75) but it will be a cold day in hell before they get that $75 from me. I can't wait for my contract to expire with them.

I have not not had cable since I was a kid, but honestly I am thinking of going without for the first time in almost 20 years. That is how frustrated I am with them.

Comcast=Rip off

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices