Comcast Business Class Internetcomcast refuses to cancel

C

We are local small company in Rosenberg, TX looking for Faster internet service. We signed up with Comcast Business Class Internet that promised 22mbps http://business.comcast.com/SMB/services/Internet/plans

July 2011 - Service Began. Mid July and August - Service would be Constantly Interrupted and Intermittent connection. Call Customer service all they tell customers is "they are servicing the area" with no ETA or no way to resolve. You walk into the office next morning and the Internet is Down.
We attempted to cancel service because of Poor Internet service.
WARNING: Comcast LOCKS you in a 3-year contract and if you decide to cancel they charge 75% of the remaining Terms. You have to request 4 Trouble Calls before they "MAY" consider waiving the Cancellation Fee. Senior Tech says there is "Noise" in the Line and does not offer a Resolution to FIX the Issue. Just leave's us in the dark about what to do next. They will not admit that they Cannot Fix the Problem.
Calling is a PAIN over and over and Holding and Holding.

As of today 10/4 service is still unreliable and unpredictable. We're glad we still have our ATT DSL service that never had an issue, It just maxes out at 6mpbs. DO NOT ORDER COMCAST. Bottom Line-Product Does Not Work so why Pay for a Product or Service that Does Not Work. They are Unreasonable to New Customers and will not accomodate or Listen to your Story. This will be posted on Other Consumer Complaint websites and forums.

Email Response:
I did receive your email. Comcast does not waive Early termination fees on accounts, unless there are four trouble calls within the last two months. I only see two trouble calls. I sent this to my tech support to see if there is anything else they can do to assist you with your trouble issues. I have yet to get a response. Please allow 24 hours to see if we can make it work for you.

I have Dealt with Grace Schroeder - [protected]@cable.comcast.com
[protected] ext 2904024

• Be
    bernardpflug Mar 12, 2013

I am the IT of a local small business in South Florida and I walked into this organization while they were already in a contract with Comcast Business. I've never seen a ping rate under 48 ms and the jitter/noise on the connection lines make it incredibly difficult to successfully deploy a VoIP system. Further, if you plan on deploying or already have an enterprise-level router such as the Cisco 1800-series, just disable QoS completely if you want reasonable bandwidth. Comcast Business doesn't seem to like their bandwidth QoS'd by any other devices but their own. Also, when making changes to your account when speaking with the billing department, the customer service reps may "forget" to tell you that your service will be interrupted every time you make a change, so if your business is 100% reliant on the internet, remind your accounting department not to apply any billing changes until after business hours.

Do your research and try to find more localized ISPs in your area to ensure a much higher level of continuity. Many small businesses out there are leasing infrastructure from big-box ISPs and provide a much cleaner and more reliable service. We have offices all over the country and do business only with local ISPs and always avoid nationwide cable service corporations, particularly Comcast.

• Ri
    RichardHead Oct 05, 2011

you [censored], you signed the contract and it's your fault if you didn't read it.