Coast Dentalbait and switch sales tactics

S

Went in 3 weeks ago for a consultation, was told I needed a deep cleaning. I was quoted and given a estimate for $219.00. Went back today for the cleaning, as soon as they put you in the chair the selling starts! All of a sudden I need special antibiotics, and other stuff not mentioned in the original consultation. As I am sitting there with the bib on they want me to sign off on $484.00! I would not be up-sold. This should have told to me at the fist consultation. They are a large corporation and focus on sales not dentistry! It was like buying a used car and going into the back room. When I got home I looked them up on the net and found a ton of complainants for the same type of tactics. Stay away! You should be able to trust a doctors office!

RESOLVED

• Coast Dental Services's response · Sep 12, 2012

Thank you for your comment. As this involves clinical concerns, Coast Dental asks that you contact one of our Patient Relations Coordinators who can answer your questions about your treatment plan. Please call our Patient Relations phone number: [protected]. Thank you.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices