Club Pogowrongly suspended!

D

I had my Pogo account suspended as it was said that I had used an inappropriate word. The word was incorrectly spelled and was not one I have ever used. Either this was an accidental typing error (I don't recall exactly) or the person who reported me was being malicious. I contacted EA games to explain and only got a standard reply with no evidence or a full explanation. I was a member of Club pogo for some time and even set up a league a few times, but due to one nasty and disruptive pogo player (non-member I might add) I had to shut them down. Pogo did nothing whatsoever about this player, who had spoiled everything for a lot of my league members, this person had used foul language on more than one occasion, but nothing was ever done about this. Due to all the above, I decide that I would not renew my Club Pogo membership as I feel they failed to listen to me several times and did not answer me fully or try to rectify any of the situations. I had made many friends on Pogo, and sadly I have lost contact with quite a few due to this dispute I have with Pogo. I don't feel that I should pay for a service that treats you so badly, yet allows non-members to abuse and disrupt an otherwise pleasant place to meet new people and have fun.

In closure, I strongly recommend Club Pogo, find someway of making sure they look after their members properly and provide proof of any given complaints.

• Be
    Betty Burtt Feb 20, 2007

I am so disgusted with the Pogo Pinochle games. Half the time I can't get into a game and then my cards won't pop up when I click on them. I just renewed my Pogo membership, but am thinking about cancelling it as it is useless the way it is now.

• Lo
    Loren Cline Jan 10, 2008

In bowling i had a rank of 30 and then i lodded on today it was only 26 i know this isn't a major complaint but i have to bowl 20 games to get one rank so i would like this fixed please thank you.

• Ri
    rich fahringer Jan 26, 2008

i had trouble getting in for 3 days then when i finnally get back in i lost tokens before i couldnt get back in i had over 1 million tokes now i only have 8900o? whats going on here ?its not worth the money if u lose ur tokens u had !!!!!

donna wolfe Jan 28, 2008

im a member but can not get to your sight what do i do

donna wolfe Jan 28, 2008

im a member but i can not go to my sight what do i do

donna wolfe Jan 28, 2008

im a member but can not go to my sight what do i do

please help me

donna wolfe Jan 28, 2008

i became a member on 10/1/07 with 2 weeks free trial i can not go to my sight please help me

Mad Pogo Player Feb 08, 2008

I totally agree with NOT support Club-Pogo any longer! I was being harassed in a game and I told the player to STFU... I got barred from pogo for my language, yet they get to keep their account? After maliciously causing havoc and making hate remarks against Gays/Blacks??? Ironic eh?

Well I have been a paid member since 2003 - until today. I canceled my account along with the other 4 account in which I pay for (My little brothers, my little sisters, my moms, my brother in-laws and my own) Thats over $350.00 in account fees not counting the hundreds in which we would spend for Gems, that POGO will no longer get from us. In all actuallity - For barring me for such small stuff compared to the greater threats and curse words used on Pogo's site by many members.... In a 5 year span looking on at those rates, Pogo will lose approximately $3,000.00 from my bank account alone... Not counting the 17 friends I referred... as they have canceled their accounts as well..

Here's a note to those of you who work at Pogo - Good word of mouth from one person will gain you gain you 10 new accounts in a 6 month period... Bad word of mouth from one person will lose you more than 200 potential customers per year... - National Statistics of Business Reviews 2007

Thanks to those of you to whom I've made friends with on pogo - but no thanks to you (rosenthalles & orcardlily) for reporting me after you continuously bragged about hating gays/blacks on the site.

• So
    sonny Apr 24, 2008

i play a guy the 4 22 2008 an he report me because i beat him 250 to 100 an he say i had a cheat program an i did not have a cheat program my rating was 2244 on screem name dominateplayer now it back to 1500 his screem name is birkhillplayer i would like to have my rating back at 2244

• So
    sonny Apr 24, 2008

screem name dominateplayerp i met

• Ad
    adolphsenior Apr 24, 2008

pinochle games in pogo is not working again..every time i try to play the game of pinochle, it never lets you enter the game or it freezes up on you and stays that way. this is unfair as a paying customer, i deserve to play the game i choose, without delays or interruptions. is something wrong with the pinochle game..and the spade game is doing the same thing..what's up? or money back please.

• Pa
    Patti Kuka May 11, 2008

the week of May 4th I ordered a slingo to go game from pogo, I paid with credit card, sale went through and now I don't know how to access it, especially when I'm offline, I should be able to play offline. My money I paid ($19.95) was taken and now I want the game. I've paid for other games that I never did receive, and is there some way you can check that? games I've paid for and didn't receive? my offline games I have are peggle, and mahjong deluxe. thanks, Patti Kuka

• Pe
    Peter May 17, 2008

I see some many complaints on Club Pogo anymore and alot about players winning the jackpot and Pogo saying they cheated and that player not getting their money. Pogo has to make so much from all the people who may for the service and yet to get out of paying out they use the same old line "you cheated", myself I have so many problems with paying my service and then all of a sudden not being able to play games and of course they would try to say it was my computer. Calling them other than emailing them is worse every person I talked to was rude and didn't seem to concerned about my problems, so I have decided to not renew when it expires and I have about 10 other friends doing the same thing as I.

• Wa
    wayne steele May 24, 2008

We had this guy coming into our room's calling us all kind's of name's like ### stupid ### and so and so on
    I got mad at him and I did call him a ###.which I know was wrong.But some of the name's some people use for thier pogo name's is worse then that.I was banned forever from pogo, I was with them about five yr's and had over 9 million tokie's I tried to tell pogo what happend but they would not listen.pogo call's these type of people TROLL's that go from room to room causing trouble and then leaving, Why doesen't pogo ban them ?

Anne Brown May 31, 2008

pogo does not protect the club members. my account was just suspended today and i was the one that made the complaint about vulgarity in the lobby. this irks me as pogo is not listening and ignoring the issues at hand. when you want to contact them they dont even have a telephone number that you can call which stinks. i have been a paid member for five years and i will not give pogo another dime for this gaming site again. i will inform others about the recent pogo escapades. pogo has now become as bad as msn zone.

if anyone has the pogo telephone number i would like to have it

• Ga
    Gabby Jun 08, 2008

Pogo does have a phone number...
    Electronic Arts
    Employees 2, 100
    Phone: 650-628-1500
    Fax: 650-628-1413
    Redwood City, CA
    I hope this helps some of you I don't even bother to contacy support online anymore I call then.

• Bg
    bgoins Jun 16, 2008

Whenever I first log in on my Pogo games, it takes over a minute for them to finally appear - after all of the teensy-weensy other little things I have use my mouse on, I have to keep going back and forth turning them off and on, before the games finallly become un-frozen - I am TIRED of this!!!

Joanna Bloggs Jul 25, 2008

I completely agree with Peter. My mother won a prize (ipod) through Pogo and was accused of cheating in Word Whomp...a game which she is particularly quick at.
    My partner also won an Ipod a few weeks beforehand, just after Pogo UK began, and sure enough, we got an empty box through the post, which no-one seemed to be able to do anything about, either Pogo or Royal Mail. I've seen so many comments and had so many discussions with other players regarding this situation that I'm starting to wonder if anyone actually receives prizes or whether an odd few are sent out just to keep things ticking over?
    I've given up on entering the prize draws and such now, as I expect, like my mother, I will also be accused of cheating in word games.
    Congratulations Pogo. Somehow you still manage to keep going strong, even though, if you audit yourselves, you might find some "cheating".

• Bo
    Bonnie Mikelson Jul 31, 2008

I have not been able to get any of my pogo games for the past 3 days. WHY?

• Jc
    Jc Aug 05, 2008

Well pogo terminated my account due to my screen name which is ICantGetCrabs due to it being innapropriate and vulgar which regardless of what it means there is nothing about it being that way to terminate my account. I sent them an email stating there was nothing wrong with my name and that I had the account for more then 5 years. If it was innapropiate or vulgar why didn't they terminate it 5 years ago. They sent me one back stating they reviewed my case and it was going to be terminated. I found there number called them told them I wasn't going to change my name I've had it for 5 years either they will let me keep it or they will give me my money back. The guy on the phone said he didn't see anything wrong with my name and didn't know why they wanted to shut it down. He said he would review it and send me an email back on what they had decided. In less than 10 hours, which I'm sure it was less then that it just took me that long to check my email, it simply stated they were sorry for the inconvenience and the account is turned back on. What gets me is even after I sent an email back to them for the situation they still tell me it's terminated. It took me calling them to get any result so maybe thats what you all need to do to get something done about it. Here is there information and this is the number to call 650-628-1500. Hope it helps you resolve your matter. Ask to speak to someone with pogo.

Electronic Arts
    Phone: 650-628-1500
    Fax: 650-628-1413
    Redwood City, CA

chalres Messmer Aug 13, 2008

Whenever I play a POGO game and an hourglass pops up I lose the game. How can I cheat too? I do mean every time!!!

• Li
    Linda Puglisi Aug 20, 2008

I gave a gift for a yr to my friend, and you are saying that hissubscribtion ran out, . I just gave him the gift in July, with my American Express card. His e-mail address is [email protected] His name on pogo teeoff32. I would like you to look into this situation and e-mail him and myself. Otherwise i will cancel his and mine. Thank you .

• Ir
    irma fowler Sep 02, 2008

i cannot bring up "emotions" (funny faces ) any more. I paid for club pogo for a year. Pls e-mail me & let me know what is going on.

• El
    elizabeth visconti Sep 27, 2008

i have paid for a one year subscription but am unable to get pogo games even though i have a valid number from pay by cash

• Mr
    mrsjustwright Oct 03, 2008

my brother bought me a yr sub and i havent recieved the email he says he got to conferm my subsciption and he paid for it its on his bank staement that its paid for !!! you got his money wheres my acct??????????????????????????? if i dont get it we will tell ALL our friends to drop pogo and go some where else!!! really disappionted in pogo

• Gl
    gloria Oct 13, 2008

when I go to play the games it comes up that all of the guest tables are full and I am not a guest-I'm a member (at forty dollars a year). It's impossible to get help from pogo.

• Bj
    b.j.capron Oct 16, 2008

i have tried to play my ususal games and all of a sudden i am locked out only allowed to play as a guest.. i have tried to log on to my acct. and cannot remember my password.i have asked you to send it to me and i never get an e-mail that you say you have sent all i want to do is pay my annual amount and play my games...please help me

joan knott Oct 19, 2008

Club Pogo has taken money from credit card and I AM NOT ABLE TO GET ON THE SIGHT!

• Sh
    sheila hensley Oct 26, 2008

Icannot play the games

james flynn Nov 01, 2008

I just signed up for one year of club pogo. I want my account for this to be jimber 29 not heavensent263973. Presently I cannot log into games of word whackdown and canasta

Margaret Poirier Nov 03, 2008

Every time I try to play a game on club pogo I get booted out. and have to sign on again. This happens every time and its getting frustrating. I'm about to cancel my membership if this is'nt corrected. It'snot once or twice that I have to sign on again, it's 5 or 6 times before I can get on. Please help. thank you

• Me
    Melissa Brown Nov 06, 2008

My mother-n-law purcased a year subscription for me & it was sent to her instead of me.We want it fixed.I want my year subscription so I can join my familey & friends in some fun games online.Her email is [email protected] Can this be fixxed?

• Hi
    Hilda Kozodoy Nov 08, 2008

I have a paid account with Club Pogo and it reverts back to Pogo and ads. I am unable to get into Club Pogo!

• Di
    diane kramer Nov 14, 2008

i cannot log in to club pogo...cookiesdiane44 password cookie plz help

christine Nov 15, 2008

why cant i get on my pogo .com games i want to talk to my friends help me out please?asap?

• Va
    Vangie Nov 29, 2008

I have tried for months to play Bingo and Wheel of Fortune on the Club Pogo and am unable to download. The site will sometimes just freeze totally, or play for a few minutes and stop, or not even let me into site at all. Please fix Now. AOL advertises that we have free games, and Club Pogo advertises that we have free games. False advertisement. I need this taken care of NOW

• El
    Elaine Trautner Dec 02, 2008

I have trouble with Yatce, I play one or two games and the game frezzes, not only I can't stay in a game, I can not more my browser, have to shut down completly and start all over again. Please help fix this problem. I updated Java, and still it did the same thing.

Elaine Trautner

• Jf
    jfarrin4player4 Dec 04, 2008

I have 3 complains,
    1 ) on pogo front page there is no place on my site that says(like it use to)For members only'
    2) there is no pulldown bars on my games, the one that moves up and down.
    3) I can't chat with my friends.
    please fix this for me
    Thankyou, jfarrin4player4

• Sp
    spookyeyes Dec 17, 2008

I wrote a complaint just a few minuets ago, and I see they ommited I, ve lost over 650, 000 tokens. What a ripoff.