Clayton Homesbad construction - failure to follow up

C

If you have recently purchased a home from Clayton and have had problems due to the following:

- sub-standard construction
- faulty construction
- dangerous conditions
- failure to make repairs/complete work
- injuries resulting from any of the above

I am very interested in speaking with you. I am an attorney involved in litigation with Clayton. I would greatly aprpeciate your providing me with the following:

- nature of problem
- date of purchase of home
- location (City, State) of home and Clayton store
- nature of any injury or losses that have resulted

Thank you!

• Sb
    sbroadway Sep 15, 2021

house was purchased fall of 2014 while pregnant with my daughter. back door does not shut properly and leaks. had to pull up the carpet due to mold from the leaking constantly issue was never fixed. window in one bedroom will not stay open. every year i have tree frogs appear in the bathroom due to unsealed gaps. to reduce cold in master bedroom we have recently had to remove the seal and fill it in. ac leaked taking out half the wall. i have been fighting mice getting in and roaches from outside due to the inadequate sealing of the home. I have kept pictures of all the problems along the way. cabnets are peeling. the island fell over and had to be removed. electrical plug doesnt work unless the light switch is on. i am in east texas, email is [email protected] oh and due to a cut wire with the original dishwasher the house was almost burned down. the one time they sent someone out to repair problems they didnt even know what they were doing and solved nothing.

• Za
    Zakk21 Dec 30, 2020

Please help I purchased one 6mo ago, all trim falls off the walls, all cabinets are separating from floor/ceiling, bowed walls, doors throughout are out of level by inch or more, front door is unbelievably out of level so water gets in.

• La
    Ladeemack Mar 01, 2018

Thank you for posting this request. I am currently dealing with an issue with Clayton homes. Due to Clayton's negligence to respond to my request to replace/repair the shingles that had fallen off of my home on 1/22/2018 (reported to them on 1/22/2018 and 1/27/2018), I suffered water damage due to a leaking roof on 2/22/2018. Clayton refuses to take responsibility and is claiming that it is now an issue for my insurance company (which by the way is also owned by Clayton Homes)
    - We purchased our home on 12/27/2018
    - We currently live in Morris Oklahoma but purchased our home from the Clayton Home Center of Muskogee OK
    - extensive water damage to my home including wood, roofing insulation, flooring and cabinetry. Please contact us at [email protected]

• Co
    Connie Pappas Jan 19, 2018

We bought our home in 2006 at the top of the market and did not know until now that the construction of the entire floor was done incorrectly.
    I have had 3 independent contractors out to [censor] the floors and they all say the same thing Bad construction, some of the sub flooring does not even lay on a stud or it was toe mailed to hold it in place, some places have 10 or more nails or screws in a 12 inch section.
    Please contact me - [protected]

• Ru
    Ruthie J Mar 11, 2015

We purchased a home from Clayton Homes of Panama City Florida, we moved in October 16, 2011. I had them out to replace cabinet doors, pantry doors and the back door. I purchased the extended warranty, I used it once for the air conditioner, I recently tried to use it on my stove was told they couldn't find me in their records. But my chief complaint now is several of my light fixtures stopped working. I have replaced the fixtures and the switches and they still don't work. If it wasn't for the fact that my property is tied to this home I would let them have it back. I worry every day about a fire. This company needs to be stopped. Please help us help ourselves.

• Vi
    Virgil Adams Aug 20, 2014

I bought my Clayton home in November of 2012 from Clayton homes of Flecter NC. It was set on my property and I moved in December 23rd 2012. Since then I have had unfinished sheet rock in my master bathroom, the concrete siding around the front door has cracks in it, shingles are falling apart. I called the manager Larry, he come to my home and told me that the shingles were fine but did replace 3 of the worst shingles. Told me they couldn't repair the siding because I was out of my 1 year warranty, but I did buy a 5 year warranty. Please feel free to contact me at [protected] thanks.

• Ba
    B and A Apr 30, 2014

Oh the home came from Clayton Homes in Crestview Fl, built in double Springs al by manufacturer southern home... Daylight when both front and back door are shut, none of out 3 bathroom sinks work properly and have leaked from day 1 that is 7 months of not repaired properly, all cabnets in home in every room we peeling the day it hit the property and it was listed and turned in. All eves on roof and shingle are defective and rotten, gaps in walls so large can pass a coat hanger to the next room, the repair made was to move the Batton strip. All wood is gashes with deep cut carpet is choppy and the upgraded lanolin is ripped and scuffed from day one, only to have a glob of glue. Sheet rock is all unlevel pushing Batton strips from wall. Ceiling cracked and gapped from day one. Sheet rock around doors and windows so not even touch the window or door framing and all floors are loose and moving nails coming up into our feet when walking without shoes in our home. And many many more complaints... All we placed on the wal thru list November 13 2013 before we moved in our home and have not been fixed this is 7 months into the one year warranty. And the manager over production for southern homes in double springs al, David brewer told me to my face in my house " Mrs Roberts you are too observant and you need to remember that you did purchase a manufactured hip me." Nena his assistant told me that they build 8-10 homes in a week and so not have time to measure or level the home when being built. Really bc I was promised as advertised that these were good quality and beautiful homes, was charged and paying $88k for this home and it is far from good quality much less beautiful! [protected] McDavid fl please contact me this has caused numerous problems for my family.

• Ba
    B and A Apr 30, 2014

Just purchased 10/2013 it's seven months now and still no proper repairs only markers and glue has been used this house is straight garbage! And what I ordered is not even in our home. We paid $10, 000 down up front no land financed and cash out for septic and all other construction needed . Please contact us [protected]

• My
    mylifemymoney Mar 04, 2014

Please contact me [protected]

• Jb
    jblejeune Feb 22, 2014

I reside in Louisiana, I purchased my home in 2011, I have several complaints such as warped floor that has been "repaired" several times and is just getting worse. We also have electrical issues, doors that do not close properly, plumbing issues...I could go on and on...you can reach me by email [email protected]

• On
    One Scared Homeowner May 01, 2013

I am a new owner of an 2012 Clayton Home. I am very distressed right now due to the fact I purchased a $100, 000 home for my family that I can not move into because of all the problems. Please contact me @[protected]. Thank you.

• Ta
    Tayloroklahoma Apr 24, 2013

I got one of there cardboard boxes please contact me [protected]

• I0
    I'm over it! Nov 29, 2012

The complaints I have would fill up a book. The last one is from 2011. We saw water pouring down our living room wall during a summer rainstorm. Clayton sent out an adjuster and tried to say it was damage on the roof due to hail. Our state farm guy came out and said it was a structure problem. After arguing with Billy Loud (extended warranty insurance rep) he tried to buy us off with 400 dollars. We had an independent contractor come out and he said it is a manufacture problem. Clayton sent someone up from Nashville and he said the entire roof was put on wrong and it looked like a bunch of drunks done the work. The estimated cost was 4000 a huge jump from 400. Thank God we purchased the extended warranty insurance. Who knows what else is wrong. I have filed a complaint and I am waiting to hear from corporate.

• Un
    Unhappy and BROKE Nov 26, 2012

I bought A Clayton Home last year. Have had nothing but problems. I would be glad to speak with you. I from Burlington, NC. Review is posted.

• Ra
    RattleSnake Jul 12, 2012

I think Clayton Homes is a darn for Texas people. We live in poverty but scammers take all our money. We cannot fight against them. Our government doesn’t care and don’t even want to waste time. Police is waiting when will it stop but don’t want to help as well. Please help us to survive!

• Cz
    [email protected] Jun 22, 2009

Please read this http://www.manufacturedhomebuyers.com/clayton%20ordeal.htm before you decide to buy Clayton Homes.