Menu

Classmates  -  unauthorized withdrawl

Author of the complaint
7:53 am
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

This is the second time my card has been charged without my permission.. I complained last year about the same thing and it continues to happen. I need something done about this! $39.00 is alot of money withdrawn especially if I dont have it. Last year
I was overdrafted due to the withdraw that was made from my account without permission. I would like to get my money back. One thing I would like to know is how did they get my card number when it was just changed...Please look into this matter and let me know the results...susan.[protected]@region16.net

More Classmates complaints & reviews

Classmates - renewal fees deduction automatic without approval
Classmates - personals on home page
Classmates - unauthorized billing
Classmates - billing
Classmates - unauthorized charge for membership
Classmates - automatic deduction without my knowledge
Classmates - no way to cancel
Classmates - unauthorized auto renewal
47 comments
R
Jan 29, 2015 5:44 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Auto charge renewal without notification to opt out
Contact them and get a canned email response
Very impersonal and poor customer service

C
Dec 30, 2014 9:18 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

When I joined I did NOT sign up for a membership fee being automatically charged to my credit card account. I see a pending amount of $20.00 which I did not authorize. There is NO way to contact this organization.

Mar 11, 2013 5:04 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

All I want to do is cancel my membership in Classmates.Com. I cannot find a phone number or get one or an address to call or write to cancel. Sincerely, Judy Johnson

unauthorized withdrawal made to my account for 39.00. I haven't use classmates for about 18 moths maybe longer. I know I paid for the trial membership. I do not want this membership please cancel my account. I would like a refund.

Nov 24, 2011 8:41 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Double charged my credit card, 29.95 twice on the same day! Advertised special 1 time charge of 19.95! How does that work?

P
Oct 07, 2011 11:59 pm

I joined Classmats.com on Sept. 12, 2010 for a three month trial at 39.99. They won't stop taking the fee out of my account. I do not want the service. I need it stopped.

W

1. This website shares info with other websites. I have added small qualifiers to one site. It shows up in offers from other sites.
2. Each time I have logged onto this site, my operating system appears to lock up. I reboot to get back control.
3. I will stay away.

Jun 26, 2011 2:28 am

I did not authorize my classmates renewal and was charged 39.00 dollars for it on my visa credit card. I want my credit card credited for that amount and dont want any more memerships or renewals. Please take of this for me as i dont use your site anymore. Jim Jackson, North Platte, Ne.69101

T
Jun 22, 2011 6:39 pm

Automatic renewal without an easy way to cancel. They are also spammers. I cannot seem to get them to stop sending me e-mails.

M
Jun 22, 2011 12:07 am

I did not order this and don't know how they got my debit card number.
I have been charge $39.00 as of June 10.

I

I did not sign up for automatic billing. I want to cance my account with classmtes.com and want my money returned to my account now I cannot affoord the subscription to classmates.com Will authorize my bank to refuse paayment to classmates.com

K
Mar 01, 2011 5:52 pm

This website is a scam. They will bill your credit card and use there obscure T&Cs as their defense. Anyone considering signing up for this website should have it head examined. Use Facebook and save your money. Do NOT give this company your credit card info.

Classmates fraudulently billed my credit card a $39.00 renewal charge that I did not authorize. I cannot get anyone to answer the telephone at the number I called which is [protected].

R
Feb 22, 2011 3:24 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Annual membership fee charged to my credit card despite my cancelling the membership. Please credit my VISA for the amount of $59.00 USD

JANUARY MASTER CARD BILL HAD A CHARGE BY
CLASSMATES .COM DATED 1/2 G8*84NOO IN AMOUNT OF $39.00. I DID NOT AUTHURIZE THIS CHARGE.
REMOVE FROM MY BILL.

Did not sign-up for a new contract with Classmates.com. they deducted $39.00 from my checking account without my knowledge and permission. [email protected]

Jan 04, 2011 6:20 pm

my account was canceled end of november. classmates have charged my visa dec. 12, without authorization. on the phone, they have no record of me, therefore i cannot get them to credit my account.

Jan 03, 2011 2:07 pm

I did not authoirize charges made to my credit card on my December billing.

Please cancel my subscription and make refund

P
Nov 08, 2010 2:26 pm

Classmates.com is a total ripoff. They bill you for ridiculous fees and then they make it where you can't cancel your membership. This website ought to be abolished immediately. This is nothing more than a racket.

Nov 08, 2010 11:37 am

I have unsubscribed from there "service" but continue to get unwanted Emails. I can't find an address or phone Number to contact them. When I hit unsubscribe. it tells me I am already unsubscribed.

T
Sep 22, 2010 5:55 pm

I received my Visa bill and see that on 09/09/10 I was charged $39.oo. I did not know of or authorize this charge, so please credit my Visa account for the $39.00 and cancel my subscription. Please verify this request for my records. Patricia Morgan

D
Sep 06, 2010 5:37 pm

I joined these guys a few years ago. I had a eck of a time getting out of tere but finally did. However,
now they have me online again, UNAUTHORIZED PROFILE and said member since 2009. I NEVER
rejoined. I have filed a complaint with the FTC, these people are a nuisance.

D
Jul 22, 2010 12:34 pm

I HAVE ON SEVERAL OCCASIONS TRID TO CANCEL MY ACCOUNT WITH CLASSMATES.COM - WHEN I SIGNED UP FOR GOLD MEMBERSHIP IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE $15/YEAR. I AM BEING BILLED $15 QUARTERLY AND WANT OUT. - CAN NEVER GET ANYONE ON THE PHONE AND HAVE CANCELLED ONLINE TO NO AVAIL. HELP !

E
Jul 08, 2010 11:13 am

I was charged for a renewal of this .com company without my permission on my credit card. I told my credit card company that I want a credit to my account.

Jul 05, 2010 12:13 pm

No refund on the Auto renewal charge of $59.00. I didnt OK the auto renewal at classmates.com. I e-mailed classmates and asked for a refund because I didnt want the classmates web service. No refunds given from Classmates.com

K
Apr 12, 2010 10:05 am

Be very careful on this site, they cost us 6 months of billing to two additional sites at $19.95 per. At least thats where MVQ claims they got the information from. I went back to the site and cant seem to find any opt in authorizing use of the credit card for other billing.

G
Dec 15, 2009 12:21 pm

I am trying to cancel my subscription to Classmates.com. I was billed for $39.00 and have not signed up or authorized this.

C

Classmates.com charged for an automatic renewal, and when asked to remove the charge and cancel the account, they were happy to cancel the account, but not remove the charge. I've been in this situation several times in the past, and this is the first time a company has refused to remove the charge.

Sep 15, 2009 7:52 pm

CLASSMATES CHARGED $15 2 MY CARD JUST NOW. ON SEPTEMBER. 15, 2009.
I WANT MY MONEY BACK NOW. MY PHONE # IS [protected]

THANX COREY

Sep 12, 2009 11:08 am

My membership to classmates.com was canceled by my bank over a year ago due to unauthorized charges. Looked at my bank ststement today ande there is another charge from them.

I just got a charge to my credit card by classmates.com that I didn't authorize for $15.00 on July 14, 2009

M
Dec 11, 2008 4:22 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

For the last 2-3 years I have been getting sent someone else's account in addition to my own. Now I can't even get on mine because it doesn't register as my account

A
Dec 13, 2013 11:29 am

We found out today after my husband checked his balance and was charged $39, he has been charged since 2009 $39 dollars each year they said i signed up for a membership and i did not, I did not even have his info. So how the hell did have we been charged all these years when i did not sign up for one.yes i was on it years ago but did not give any info regarding accounts.the New Hampshire attorney generals office will be notified about this, if there is a class action lawsuit we will sign on to it too. They lady i spoke with said well someone had to give us the info. Bull for of all yes i was on it a few times but did not sign up for anything, they have my maiden name but i did not have access to my husband's credit card info.So how the hell did this happen.I told her the NH attorney generals office with be notified about this.Yes fraud and downright despicable.

Mar 12, 2011 10:19 am

I was charged by Classmates.com 39.00 for a renewel fee with out my permission. I do not use the site for over a year. I want my money back.

I want to cancel my classmates Raymond Sears

I was also hit for $39 and had to cancel my credit card. i did email classmates.com and received this in response " If you prefer to contact Member Care via telephone, please call [protected]. We're available Monday through Friday between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. PST. " - good luck with these a$$h*les. They have a no- refund policy. This is fraud plain and simple and i would love to join a class action suit.

E
Jun 27, 2011 3:45 am

I have been attempting to cancel my membership in Classmates all to no avail please have someone contact me to affect cancellation as soon as possible Les (Eddy Wilde [email protected]

Les Wilde

L
Feb 24, 2011 12:48 am

I completely agree with you. They are a big ripoff. But I cancelled my charge card and now they can't bill me anymore.

Dec 01, 2010 11:04 am

I had called previously saying I did not want to renew my membership in classmates.com. On December 1, 2010 my mastercharge account was charged $39.oo for another year. Please remove this immediately as I do not want it. Thank you.

You charges my account with out my permision i no longer want to belong to class mates please rembures my account of this charge.
inez Bakken

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

74 complaints