Citizens Bank — unprofessional customer service
On the 27th of November 2018, I sent an $800 check from my bank (United Bank of Philadelphia) to my neighbor and friend Ms. Plenty's account at Citizens Bank located at 3711 Germantown Ave. Phila. PA 19140. Because I am living and working abroad, I paid an extra $14.95 to rush the check; I had done the same thing 3 weeks prior, with a check for the same amount. This time, however, I learned the check was never deposited. On Wednesday the 5th of December Ms. Plenty went into the branch and was told the check still hadn't arrived. When I heard this, I contacted my bank whose representative contacted Citizens Bank but was not given any useful information. Next, I tracked the check via the UPS website and learned it had indeed been delivered on Wednesday the 28th of November. Yesterday, I participated in a 3-way conference call between myself, Ms. Kenya (Citizens Bank mgr.) and my bank's rep. During that surreal call, Ms. Kenya never took responsibility for telling Ms. Plenty her check hadn't arrived. Instead she claimed the bank has a policy against accepting checks mailed to its branch. When I explained I'd done so numerous times in the past, she simply ignored that fact and reiterated their policy. When I pressed her on what exactly had happened to the check, she responded it had either been shredded or returned to sender - none of which she could verify. I could not believe what I was hearing and because we were on a recorded line, I intend to escalate the matter. Due to Citizens Bank's callousness, I've faced a lot of inconvenience and a wasted fee to rush a check that has disappeared. But mostly I feel most disrespected by the phone manner and behavior of the branch mgr. Ms. Kenya. It reflects negatively on Citizens Bank.
Harold J. Walker
More Citizens Bank Complaints & Reviews
- Citizens Bank - auto loan payoff
- Citizens Bank - overdraft fees
- Citizens Bank - refusal to close my bank accounts
- Citizens Bank - citizens bank fees
- Citizens Bank Hartsville, Tn 37074 - Illegal loans, title insurance & illegal foreclosure
- Citizens Bank Credit Card Services - balance transfer fees
- Citizens Bank - wrong information
- Citizens Bank - checking account
- Citizens Bank - citizen's bad decision embarrassed me and made a whole team of workers have to wait an additional day to be paid
- Citizens Bank - customer service is terrible!