Citimortgage Loan Modificationcitimortgage, inc. complaints - home modification loan

V

I just received a letter from Citimortgage stating that my loan is in default and I must pay $10, 803.61 including $45.01 late charges and $142.50 in delinquency related expenses. This must be paid by 06/05/10, along with any additional monthly payments and late charges that fall due. WOW. So basically I was pushed into foreclosure by Citimortgage. I been making trial loan modification payments since June of last year. Since then, I been calling and checking up on the modification. Resending paper work over and over again. Paperwork that I sent in certified mail. (They would say we had a imaging problem maybe it wasn't image correctly.) I was originally told that I was to make these trial payment for six months to prove that I can handle the modification payments . Once I proved that I could make these payment without being late, the modification will be processed, to be final. See, In the beginning we was told the we already qualified for the modification based on the bill and income that we gave to the lady over the phone . The next step was to send in paperwork that would reflect what was given over the phone. The Underwriter would verify the paperwork against the information that had been give to the modification rep in the beginning. Now they telling us that we did not qualify based on the 31% rule. But I seen on the government modification site, that the rule is from 31%-38%. 31% puts use at the monthly payment we are at now, not included the stress of the bills we currently have. I was under the impression that the 31% formula was taking in consideration potential bill a person may have. If this is the case my bills are not included. I was also under the impression that one would qualify for a modification if they could not afford there current monthly payments because of hardship. This was stated on the modification form. This is EVIL to push a person into foreclosure. Why would you do this to people.

• Md
    MDPHD May 11, 2010

I am dealing with CitiMortgage too and the same thing is happening. I've been on a modified program for the past six months. I took the payments to Western Union as promised, same day each month. I kept getting letters from Citi saying I was late but when I called them they said "Oh, we see you're on a program, everything is ok!". Today I got a letter saying "the loan is in default". Same letter as you have. Of course there is no telephone number on the letter, just an address to mail $12, 000 to within 20 days. What is this company's problem? I keep calling my loan modification person and get no return phone calls. This is a very sad situation for a family that experienced a lay off after 20 years of dedication to one company trying to fight their way back. I feel so helpless.

CHilgert May 18, 2010

I too have the same story! But I am fighting. I have sent out 40 letters to various people, our congressman, occ, the president, different attorneys, including Gloria Allred and Donald Trump's attorneys and many famous people, radio shows, 60 min., and have a few to add. I am working with someone right now at Citi that might actually help, but I still have an attorney. They can do an audit on your case. If you want more info, email me at [protected]@aol.com.

• Kc
    kcol Jun 01, 2010

We are having the same problem. In August we started making payments of a lower ammount, we already qualified for the income debt ratio of 31%. We kept getting letters saying they needed more information, we sent and resent everything, certified mail, email. Everyone we spoke with had different answers for every question. Then the forclosure letters started coming. We called them and they told us, not a problem, your on the program, you dont have to pay the money.
    Got a letter in the mail two weeks ago, we didnt qualify. I called them to find out why and what else we can do and they told me I have to pay almost ten grand. What? Is this even possible? We fall within the 31% but the people there are saying we dont. I dont know what bills they are using and whose income they are using, but I'd sure like to know how they came up with it.

Joannna Jun 10, 2010

Citimortage is a joke! They have done the same thing to us as the OP. But we're in a bankruptcy (chapter 13) so thank god my lawyer is now involved and they are now dealing with him instead of jerking me around for hours each day, every day.

• Nc
    ncivic73 Jun 25, 2010

Hello Guys! We on modification for 16 months! Never missed the "trial" payment and every single time we called to find out why is taking sweet long time they always find a form we are missing! Im super disapointed on Citimortgage! Costumer service is worthless! Call here then let me transfer you here and stuff like that! Our house got hit with market value like in most cases so we tried to be citizens and pay our debt! If Citi told me on day when i called for modification will take 16 months and nothing will be finished i think we will be better off just walking away! We pay them agreed payment for 16 months and our credit score got to almost minimum just becuse we are late on mortgage! How i can be late if i paid on 1st each month agreed payment? O well! We are dealing with "loan sharks" and they dont care as longest our goverment will take our money to pay CEOs fat checks! Obama has to stop this!!! DO you guys have any ideas which will help me to solve this problem?? Thank you

Joannna Jun 25, 2010

Try contacting:

Citimortgage's CEO Vikram Pandit:

Vikram.[protected]@citi.com

Also, the phone # for the executive response team:

[protected]

It did get me a phone call the next day after my email, but since I'm in a chapter 13 bankruptcy they swiftly just sent our loan to their lawyers...but you could try it.

Citi has now filed a "motion for relief" with the bankruptcy courts to give them permission to foreclose on us. They claim we are 4 months behind on our payments, which is a bold face lie. If we owe anything it's from our trial mod period and it is $2, 000, but they say the total is $4, 900.

So, our lawyer now has to go to court in July with our proof of payments (cancelled checks) for the last year and what we actually owe ($2, 000) in certified funds like cashiers check and supposedly it will be settled at that time by the judge. Then Citi will have to give up on their bogus claim that we owe $4, 900.

Pretty sad that I am "happy" at the moment that I have a bankruptcy lawyer to settle this mess.

• Nc
    ncivic73 Jun 26, 2010

Thank you so much! I just finish email to Mr. Pandit so we will see if works! Thanks again

Joannna Jun 27, 2010

No problem... I posted his email on another site and a lady had received a call from the executive response team the next business day, like I did and they stopped her foreclosure and they put her on a repayment plan for what she owed from her trial mod period.

Let us know what happens!

good luck
    Dijmart

• Te
    TEC41180 Aug 31, 2010

to vanessa and any others, if yo are in the georgia area and you have lost your home or have been working on your loan with citi please please email me today!! I have a court hearing in the next few weeks and have filed for fraud against citi!! I need your help and your information as well so we may win the war with these folks. thank you.
    email me at [protected]@yahoo.com

• Co
    ComplaintagainstCiti Nov 02, 2010

Citi is a scam. I don't know if they are purposely telling lies or if they have hired minimum wage people who don't know what they are doing and are trying to have one person do the work of five people. I'm not sure what is going on but whatever is going on, it needs to be looked at quickly because people are losing, not only their homes and good credit, but their minds as well in this process. Citi is a complete JOKE. They don't need to be in business.

• Br
    briguy333 Nov 15, 2010

I am really sorry to hear all the headaches that people are having with Citi-Mortgage. As soon as the Modification was announced we called starting the looooong journey which eventually led to being accepted into the program. Along the way we experienced all the things everyone has talked about. Numerous phone calls, forms to fill out, forms lost or not entered into their system, right hand not knowing what the left is doing, etc. All I can say is DON'T GIVE UP!!! You have to stay on them and do everything they ask and follow up to make sure they do what they say they're going to do. When it came to the final decision we were first denied and then we we're put on hold and then, magically we were accepted. Our monthly payment was reduced by $800 which has kept us in our home for now. We had our interest lowered to 2 percent and 10 years added to our loan. Supposedly we will have $1000 taken off our principal each year if we stay in the program for 5 years. I'm sure our credit is down the toilet because of all of this. We applied for a small loan and were denied. Again if you can hang in there despite the frustrations do it, it may keep you in your home. briguy

• Pa
    Paula M D Feb 19, 2011

My mortgage was also sold by ABN AMBRO...OMG!! CITIMORTGAGE HAS GOT TO BE BY FAR THE VERY WORST MORTGAGE COMPANY EVER!!! they tell you they send letters and they never do. or they send it in NON CITIMORTGAGE envelopes which im sure alot of people as I did mistake it for junk mail until you open it! I cannot wait to get rid of this company because they have screwed with my mortgage soooo bad my credit is now gone! THANK YOU ABN AMBRO & CITIMORTGAGE!!!

• Pa
    Paula M D Feb 23, 2011

To dijmart...THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR POSTING THAT EMAIL..i sent an email this past saturday 2-19-11 and have recieved a call tues 2-22 -11 regarding my account! ANYONE WHO HAS COMPLAINTS ABOUT CITI...EMAIL THAT ADDRESS AND YOU WILL GET A RESPONSE!!! ...XOXO TO dijmart!!!

• Ni
    nitrane Mar 26, 2013

You all will be glad to know that the federal govt. Is conducting a foreclosure review. Everyone who was screwed by citi, will receive a settlement check, as well as the possibility of stopping current foreclosure, and even getting your home back. It will never compensate your losses, but it is a start.

• Ka
    Karim18 Nov 13, 2014

I had a family emergency in 2012. I was in the bi-weekly program and asked if they could suspend the one payment, due to emergency. They said I could do a stop payment and then call them to start up again. I called and was told that I would need to send in a letter asking to be placed back into the program(that I paid $300+ dollars to enter). Still no deduction, so I call again...this time I was told to send in a $10 check so they could see the account was active. I did, it was cashed and again no bi-weekly start up. Now I was like 2 and 1/2 months behind(which is odd since I was in bi-weekly which resulted in a extra payment)...now I start getting letters asking for entire owed amount. I dont have that due to being the only income in the home. I look into the loan modification...go through the entire paperwork crap. You send everything requested, but then it somehow gets lost or is missing paperwork. While going through the paperwork process, the foreclosure process is started. Now any money I want to send in is not allowed. I finally get fed up(10 months of nothing). I call and voice my displeasure with the loan modification process and how I am about to lose my home, because of their lack of honesty...boom next day(I am not kidding), I get the option to make the 3 monthly payments(which was higher than my original payment) . I make the payments and now recieve my packet. I owed $156k, now they are starting a new 30 year loan taking the fee owed from 10 months(putting it on top of 156k) making the mortgage 173k. I bought my home for 160k, its basically as if I never lived here and am buying a new home. I called all these so called help places and most can not assist because I started a modification...the system is broke and no one will help with this bs scam. I wish I never got involved with these people all they did is push me further behind on payments.

• Ka
    Karim18 Nov 13, 2014

Sorry 2013 was emergency, I typed this from my phone

• Dana Shafman Dec 02, 2014

Dear Karim18 and other violated CitiMortgage customers,

The actions of CitiMortgage are not only inexcusable but repulsive as they are actually causing you to fall further behind on your mortgage after simply asking to skip a payment…the exact definite of Unfair Deceptive Abusive Acts and Practices (UDAAP), which are forbidden in the industry! In my opinion, it is illegal what they have done to you and your solution should include, at a minimum, a lower rate or a principal reduction or a waiving of fees.

We routinely look for posts to answer in hopes that it will not only bring optimism to those homeowners and borrowers in distress but also some basic information to assist in fighting the banks like Citi that are "too big to fail" but yet don't appreciate the bailout that we provided in their time of need. The debt collectors like SPS, SLS, Green Tree, Ocwen and Nationstar are simply just piranhas but they can be beat at their own game too just like the big banks can be defeated. You CAN win this fight!!!

Thank you as I commend you for taking the first step in asserting your consumer and constitutional rights by complaining about the situation, both with Citi internally and beyond, in an effort to shed light on the abuse and encourage change. With that said, you have overlooked the key aspect to your fight, which is putting your objections in writing in the form of a proper QWR and attaching proof of your consumer and constitutional rights that have been violated; they have certainly been violated in this case since Citi has not only refused payment but also lied about the status of your payment, payment options, and more (FDCPA violation).

A QWR is an integral tool in getting what you desire and all of the aforementioned mortgage lending and debt collection companies MUST answer your Qualified Written Requests (QWR); if they refuse then you take your fight to all the regulatory agencies outside of Citi that assist in fighting for your rights like the CFPB; it’s a shame that these more than profitable and previously bailed-out companies engage in this type of consumer abuse.

My firm and me would be more than happy to educate you as to how to fight for your rights. My firm routinely seeks out complaints online so that we can educate as to how to fight back on our weekday show called "The Daily Complaint” where we review a complaint and how to tackle it successfully.

We reviewed your complaint on the show if you would like to listen, visit www.TheDailyComplaint.com

You can learn more by visiting the CFPB's website and becoming educating about the rights afforded you under the FDCPA, Dodd-Frank and RESPA via the CFPB. Here is a link to the current rules that went effect in 2014 and stronger rules are forthcoming in 2015: http://www.consumerfinance.gov/newsroom/consumer-financial-protection-bureau-rules-establish-strong-protections-for-homeowners-facing-foreclosure/

In the event you have further questions, you can contact me via email or via the website or via phone (full contact information is below) as I would be more than happy to contact Citi on your behalf or with you to determine the status of your loan as well as what options exist for you as a borrower/homeowner!

Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's END

Respectfully,