Having problems with CitiMortgage?

+1 800 283 7918 (Customer Service)
+1 800 248 4638 (New Mortgage or Refinance)
+1 866 280 2050 (New Mortgage or Refinance)
+1 866 272 4749 (Assistance)
P.O. Box 6728
SatClosed
SunClosed

Complaints & Reviews

insurance payments

I am having so many problems getting my insurance check to do repairs on my home after hurricane ike that I would never recommend citimortgage to anyone trying to get a home financed. I am going to write the city houston chronicle newspaper to do a story of what I have gone through and is still in the process of going though to get my check released to pay my contractor. I have done work to my home and paid for it out of personal funds (Bills money and borrowing it from family and friends) and cannot get money released to reinburse theses people. I have done everything asked of the mortgage company and still everytime I get a different story of why its going to take longer to get money released and this process have ruined the little credit I had and have totally destroyed my life. My next step is to get a lawyer to get my funds released and not recommend this company to anyone. I hope when they close fema they next take steps to close citimortgage. I am going to write everyone I can think of to get this story out.

• Mi
    mike in klein Dec 02, 2008

I went on line because I called their 800 # to find out what I can do to get my insurance check stamped so I can finish repairing my house after IKE. After several minutes of pressing number in order to speak to a human, I got a recording that said "this line not in service". I've been reading other horror stories and thought this was because of the recent financial institution failures, but I noticed some go back to 2005-6 when Citi bought ABN Amro. What a mess.

• Wi
    Will F. Oct 15, 2011

I am having the same issues with citimortgage that the other horror stories are saying. My roof is not that old and the damage not that severe. Why replace a whole roof when I can wait over 10 years to replace it. The insurance check should be to me only. Citimortgage does not pay my insurance check. When I have break downs around the house like heating and cooling systems, will Citimortgage help pay for them?????? Of course not but like so many others are staying they are just using the money we as individuals pay the premiums on for their own benefit. I would never recommend them to anyone. What a rip off…What can be done to help with this issue?

awful company

I am also extremely upset with Citimortgage and would like a class action suite filed. I had the workable solution paperwork filled out for help on a short sale for my home. I had a buyer since April 2008. They would never return phone calls from my lawyer. My lawyer contacted their lawyer and their lawyers couldn't even get a response back from them. My loan was in the HUD department. I could only get to someone in regular loans. I kept getting the run around and different phone numbers to call. My house ended up foreclosing in August of 2008. I found this out about when I called the mortgage company trying to get to the correct department for request on answer of our short sale offer (I didn't believe my lawyer when he said that he couldn't get through to them so I started calling myself). I was then told that my file didn't exist and that it looked like it had been foreclosed on. They couldn't give me any more info because that department didn't handle HUD loans. Their lawyers attempted to contact them via email and by phone several times. They wouldn't even respond to their own lawyers who were encouraging them to except the short sale offer. They wouldn't give them power of attorney to except any offers either. I don't understand how they can get away with all of this. I thought I was doing the right thing by trying to sell my home. Our buyers even had more than half in cash. It just doesn't make sense.

• Gl
    Gloria Anderson Nov 21, 2008

the same thing is happening to me.. my phone #281-545-1942

• Fe
    Fed UP Dec 11, 2008

I agree with you, I made a repayment agreement with CITI back in 11/07, and up to this date have made my payments on time. In the last two months I have been receiving threaten letters and phone calls saying that I’m two month behind on my payments when I have fax them 25 pages showing every payment from 11/07 to 11/08 which clearly show’s that I’m on schedule with these payments, now they keep saying that they never receive the fax. They are crooks and need to be stop. If some one decide to go for the class action please keep me in mind.

J A HOLLAND Jan 09, 2009

We have the same thing going on here. Lies, collection calls before 8: AM until just before 9: PM, hateful collections people that make threats and call you horrible names, no response to requests for workable solutions even after being assigned a councelor. After promises that nothing bad would be reported to credit bureau we are totally ruined. We couldn't get credit to buy a coke. Citimortgage bought our mortgage from ABN AMRO and we have had nothing but grief since day one. The company should be done away with and everyone investigated. I guess the next step is for Citimortgage to come in and throw us out. Class action sounds great but the thieving attorneys would get everything and we would get maybe &25.00 if we were lucky.

• Tp
    T PICKROM Feb 10, 2009

I ALMOST IN THE SAME SITUATION IN 2008 I MISSED A PAYMENT, BUT I CONTINUED TO MAKE MONTHLY PAYMENTS TO CITIMORTGAGE, AND THEN IN ANOTHER MONTH, WENT THOUGH VERY HARD TIMES I THOUGHT AND SENT IN PARTIAL PAYMENT. BUT CONTINUED TO SEND IN PAYMENTS EVERY MONTH, SO AS I UNDERSTAND THIS I WAS ONLY 1 1/2 MONTHS
    THINGS STARTED TO LOOK BETTER FOR MY FINANICAL SITUATION, SO IN SEPT. 2008 I STARTED TO SEND IN ADDITIONAL PAYMENTS IN DEC. 2008 CITMORTGAGE SENT ME A LETTER AND STATED I WAS IN DEFAULT FOR 4 MONTHS. AND THEY WERE GOING TO FORCLOSURE ON MY HOME. AFTER CALLING THEM FOR SEVERAL WEEKS, SPEAKING TO ANYONE WHO WOULD LISTEN HOW COULD YOU GO FROM 1 1/2 MONTHS TO FOUR MONTHS, WELL I FOUND OUT THEY STOP APPLY MY MONEY TO MY ACCOUNT AND PUT INTO UNAPPLIED FUNDS SO THE MONEY WAS JUST SITTING THERE. IT GETS BETTER. THEY STARTED THE FORCLOSURE PROCEDURE AND AFTER SHOWING THEM MONEY WAS TAKEN OUT OF MY CHECKING ACCOUNT. I WAS DIRECTED TO CONTACT SOMEONE IN THE COLLECTION DEPT. WHO TOLD ME TO PAY APPROX. $7K OR TO SELL MY HOME.

WELL THE MONEY IN THE UNAPPLIED FUNDS THEY DECIDED TO TAKE PART OF MY MONEY AND PAY THEIR ATTORNEYS WITH MY MONEY AND DID NOT SAY ANYTHING TO ME, THEN APPLY THE REST OF MY MONEY TO MY LOAN WHICH COMES OUT TO 2 MONTHS. BUT THEY SAY I STILL OWE THE FOR 2 MORE MONTHS WHERE DID ALL MY MONEY GO THE NUMBERS JUST DON'T ADD UP.
    BUT THE CONTINUE TO LOOK AT THEIR SCREEN AND READ, NO ONE WILL REALLY LISTEN TO YOU, BUT THEY WILL SURELY MAKE THREATEN PHONE CALLS TO YOU HOME FROM 7:45 IN AM TO 8:45 AT NIGHT. I HAVE TRIED TO ASK FOR LOAN MODIFCATION THEY SAY THEY DON'T HAVE THAT PROGRAM, THEY SEND YOU FORMS YOU FILL THEM OUT AND THEY LOSE THEM AS FAST AS YOU FAX THEM BACK. I HAD CALLED AND ASKED FOR AN UPDATE I WAS TOLD, I WAS DENIED, SO I CALLED RIGHT BACK AND SPOKE WITH SOMEONE WHO INFORMED ME THAT I WAS STILL PENDING. NO ONE NO WHAT GOING ON IN THAT COMPANY

I UNDERSTAND WHY SO MANY CUSTOMERS ARE IN DEFAULT OR FORECLOSURE OF THEIR HOMES WHY DID THE GOVERNMENT BAIL THEM OUT FOR ALL THERE TOP EXEC. TO GO ON VACATION WITH THE BAILOUT MONEY THIS WAS PUT ON THE NEWS AND THE GOVERNMENT CONTINOUS TO STAND BEHIND THEM. WHAT THE GOVERNMENT REALLY NEED TO DO IS LOOK IN TO THEIR ACCOUNTING DEPT TO SEE HOW THEY ENDED UP IN THEIR SITUTION IN THE FIRST PLACE. A CLASS ACTION SOUNDS GREAT TO BAD NO ONE IN THE GOVERNMENT COULD READ THESE COMPLAINTS AND POST THEM ON CNN NEWS FOR THE WORLD TO SEE HOW THEY ARE REALLY TREATING CUSTOMERS.

Sandra Feb 28, 2009

I have Citimortgage, but I pay my own property taxes and I have my own insurance company that I have been dealing with for years. I have never had an escrow account.

I have never had issues with my flood insurance until they decided in July 2008 to send me an insurance policy for excess flood insurance. I contacted my insurance company right away. I have a 30, 000 dollar mortgage, Citimortgage said that I did not have adequate flood insurance, they wanted me to raise my flood insurance 170, 000 more. I am now up to a total of 220, 000 in coverage.

Citimortgage created an escrow acct, which I am still trying to resolve since last year. They keep sending me letters threatening foreclosure if I do not pay on my escrow. This is all due to flood insurance and that the reps there cannot resolve any issues. I am re-routed to India, then they transfer me to someone else. My husband, my insurance company and myself have been on the phone with them constantly telling them that I have adequate insurance. We have faxed them policies, spoken to reps, they keep telling us that it has been corrected and the policy canceled, I will be receiving a confirmation letter. Guess what, I never receive it.

My most recent call was today and the rep says it will be resolved, my insurance company needs to re-fax the policy (the 10th time or more, I lost count). This has not been resolved, I will still be waiting.

This has caused such aggravation in my household that my children are beginning to feel it. They have started to hit our credit, they are charging late payments (which are not late), and we can't forget they are also charging to send an inspector to the home to see if it is vacant. There has to be something that we can do to stop this harassment. It is not fair, everyone is feeling this not just the banks. Hopefully someone can read our letters and resolve these issues before they get worse and more families become homeless.. Thanks for reading.

• Ag
    AG970 Mar 02, 2009

We can help. If you are ready to fight and save your home from these crooks..you have come to the right place. Contact me [email protected] and I will give you the details.

• Sp
    sphireblue Oct 21, 2009

Ok so does anyone know of a lawyer who is willing to take on a suit against citimortgage?
    They are liars... to say the least...

• Bi
    Binfamily Dec 05, 2009

Citimortgage is not only liars but has ruined my credit and taken away my home which was my retirement investment. I had an ARM which was 5 years and had to refinance the loan. I had a great job, great credit rating and NEVER missed or late on any mortgage payments. When I called Citi to refinance they ran my credit and approved me in less then 5 minutes. The cost would be $250 for an appraisal. I paid over the phone and the appraiser was to call me for an appointment. After 2 weeks, I called Citi and asked when the appraiser was to call me and they said I was denied because the appraisal came in lower then I owed on the home. WHAT? I never got an appraisal. I called CITI 5 times over the next several months to sent my appraisal report and every time they agreed to send it but never did. A few weeks later I get a call from Citi and they ask me if I would like to refinance and would cost only $250 for an appraisal. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I told this story to the CITI employee who put me on hold and came back a minute later saying that my house was appraised but was less than I owe and there wasn't anything they can do for me. I ask for the apprasal be sent to me and he promised and said I should get it within a week. IT NEVER CAME. A month later CITI called to harrass me on my mortgage payments and I told the story again saying I belive CITI took my money with no intentions of giving me a loan. Citi but me on hold and when they returned told me I never had an appraisal on this home nor did they have any record of it. I decided to retired and lose my home to this corupt company which was bailed out by the Goverment. I get harassed at dinner time, late nights and even Sunday mornings asking me when I will repay the money. There is so much more to say but I think you get the picture. This is not a joke.

i

• Da
    David vs Citimortgage Aug 31, 2010

Class Action Suit in Process Against CitiMortgage:
    Go to www.milberg.com Select "New Cases" to enter your contact information. The crimes this Big Monster is commiting is a Federal crime. Home owners can file a complaint to sue Citimortgage on the local level without legal represention and enter a class action suit at the same time.
    E mail you story to the staff members provided on the site listed above. Fight Back, do not move out of your home. Citimortgage is going to pay!

rip off citi!!! they pride on eating you up alive!!!

About a year ago, I was forced to re-finance my home, due to a divorce. I re-financed using abn amro mortgage who later sold my mortgage to citi mortgage.. Because of the market rates, my home appraised very low, causing my equity to be very low.in order to refinance my home, I was told that I had to pay a pmi of approximately $350.00 a month on top of my mortgage payment, which increased my payment to over $1390.00 for a $180, 000.00 dollar loan. By the pmi company is theirs! That was the first big mistake!!! I set up bi-weekly payments through my bank, who personally spoke with the mortgage representative directly to ensure proper payment. After three months of making payments, I received a letter stating that they had not received a payment in three months and that foreclosure was in my future. I immediately contacted my bank, to find out what had happened. The bank informed me all payments were made and had been posted to my account. When I contacted abn amro, I was told that no payments had been received. I had to fax my bank statement to them, just to prove a point. After careful review of my account, and after speaking to several representatives, the payments were located. I was told that bi-weekly payments are only accepted when I use their company. Problem!!! In order to use this company, you must pay the $300 and some dollar fee, just to start up and must have at least two payments in order to start!! I was told that they had placed the payments into my escrow account, because there was no other place to apply the funds. The mortgage company charged me three months of late fees! Again, after being transferred around, the funds applied to the escrow account were applied to my monthly payments. Then, I was told that I defaulted on my payments, because I started one month later than what was stated on my contract. I eventually caught up with all of their requirements and in december I found out that my escrow balance was low and that I would need to pay an additional $300.00 or so, just to keep my payment the same. So I paid the additional money. Then, the following february I received a letter stating that my I owed over $250.00 in late payment fees. Apparently they forgot to zero me out before the beginning of the year! I then received a letter stating that my mortgage had been sold to citi mortgage!!!

Citi mortgage!!! My worst nightmare!!! In july of this year, I was told that my house payment was going to be increasing to $1410.00 a month, due to property taxes. Oh my god!!! Ever since the change, I have been struggling to make ends meet. I have contacted citi mortgage, who continually sends me from st. Louis to maryland and then back again, trying to get some help!!! I receive over twelve calls a day, wanting to know when I am going to make my next payment, even after I have made arrangements with the loss prevention people. They constantly ask me to feel out hardship paperwork, which time and time again I have faxed to them. Each time I speak with them, they deny receiving it. Lesson, anytime you say or do anything with citi mortage, keep a detailed record!!! Names, times, specifics, etc., it may be your only claim to sanity!!!

Citi mortgage payment online is also a rip off. The system is set up to receive a payment only if you are not behind. If you owe more than one month, they system shuts you out, causing you to contact the mortgage company directly. So now, on top of being late, you lose out on paying the $10.00 online process fee and are forced to pay the $20.00 live transaction fee!!! What a scam! Further the online information is not accurate. If you owe late fees, the payment prompt shows you only what your monthly payment is. So you are constantly paying on those late fees. I can no longer afford to make the payments on my home without it affecting my family!!! I can not believe that companies like this are allowed to take advantage of people in this way!!! I could use some advice.

• Ka
    kathy s Oct 28, 2008

i agree i to have citi and it is a nightmare my intrest rate went up to 12% it is now more than i bring home a month and they told me that i have no options with them just pay it!

MC1 Dec 29, 2008

It sounds like the problem isn't with the mortgage company.
    It sounds like your property taxes keep going up. First dispute with county about the taxes.

Make the payments in a wire transfer from your bank account...same day transaction, no fee.

• citi mortgage is a rip off!!! Due to my husbands illness we are one month behind on the mortgage. After several people on the phone saying they are there to help and will send some paperwork to us, only to not have any resolution and having about 5-7 phone calls a day asking for payment. no one wants to help! We had a choice of paying mortgage or getting my husbands medicine to keep him healthy.. which would you do? we have asked repeatedly for help and now received a letter saying they are going to inspect the outside of our house and charge us to make sure we still live their...Why won't they help ? we are really trying!!!

• Ri
    ripoffbyciti Apr 08, 2009

Citi Mortgage, Is a big rip-off company. I am only one month behind and they chared me 830 dollars and 220 dollars for processing, So now I have to give them the late payment of 1450 and 1050 in fees and pay my regular mortgage payment. Don't bother asking for help, because they don't give a #@%@#. They have a monopoly and they know it. you are just a number to them.

• Ne
    New Mexico Apr 25, 2009

Here I am again- writing about Citi-Mortgage. I initially posted this in September 2008 and now in May of 2009, I am about ready to lose my home. They have allowed me to opt into a repayment plan, which increases my payment from $1450.00 to $2055.00 a month. On one income? What are they thinking. If you are reading this.. hopefully it is not to late for you: I believe it is much to late for my seven year old and I. GET OUT while you can!!! They don't care!!! They have ruined my credit... I can't even refinance to get out!!!

I must say, that I am surprised that after this company received money from the government, they are still not willing to help. Obviously, when they gave them money, they didn't read our complaints. Good luck to all of you!

• Ze
    zeke May 19, 2009

Citimortgage is a rip off. I just went to them to refinance our existing loan and Joe Sermo gave me a quote double of what the average mortgage company quoted. they have no work ethic or integrity. I will never do business with them again. i can see why they are in the trouble they are in. I hope to see Joe Sermo and his friends in the unemployment line soon when citmortgage goes under.

Joannna Jun 10, 2010

Here is the email for the CEO of Citimortgage, Vikram Pandit:

[email protected]

and here is the phone # of the "executive response team":

1-877-245-2511

how do they stay in business

On June 12th, 2007 I had a house fire in my basement. The basement and all of its contents was totally destroyed along with the upstairs being heavily smoke damaged. The heat made it to the roof and caused a spot in my roof to start leaking. I was dealing with Liberty Mutual Insurance and really thought it was going to be a MAJOR headache. But to my surprize the headache came from my mortgage company which was Citi Mortgage. #1 I had re-financed a year or two earlier just to have my mortgage sold to citi...which I would have NEVER wanted. I have had payment problems, ever since the start with them loosing my payment, saying it had not made it, etc etc. My point is I have enough problems on my own making payments and not screwing up my credit without their help! Anyway, the check came and it was made to me and Citi mortgage. I endorsed the check and sent it to them as they asked. Let me back up. Between the insurance company and Citi, I was told it may be 30 to 45 days before I would have the money to start working on the house. Citi however told me that if I wanted to use my own money, or put it on a credit card that "as long as I kept good receipts" they would send me my money with the first construction draft. This was the first lie that was told to me. I used my savings, and kept good receipts and was not finished, but back in my house in less than 3 weeks. Of course when it was time for me to get my money they told me that I could not get that money until the end and the house was totally finished. Well I stuck it out, robbing peter to pay paul for a year and then on my last inspection they informed me that instead of the 75 to 80% complete it had to be close to 100% complete for me to get my next draft. My question was how am I going to get it that far if I dont have any money...And their answer was to us a credit card or something. Needless to say, no one really cares. They just want their money and nobody know what is going on with the other side. If at all possible NEVER use this company for anything and please pass the word. It is September 19th and I still dont have my money and my house still isnt finished. So I have not had any saving for over a year. I am behind on a bunch of things including my house payment and they are sitting on my money.

• Mg
    MGT9356 Oct 28, 2009

Yup, that's citimortgage for ya. Our house caught fire, the check was sent to citimortgate as the insurance company signs it to both the owner and the lender. Citimortgage then disburses the check in equal amounts of 3, so you get 1 check at the beginning, another check once you are 50% or so complete with the construction and we self contracted and thank God we did because Citimortgage expects you to have your house 95%-100% COMPLETE BEFORE they release the last check!! That makes no sense!!! It took 1 month to get our first check after calling at least 3 times a week asking where it was at. We finally got it and they signed it off to me AND the company who took our clothes to get dry cleaned because of the smoke!!! How does that make any sense!! Needless to say, they have no idea how that happen, a week later we got another check. We asked for our 2nd check and again, you have to send receipts that add up to the amount of your first check, and so we did. Again, it took 1 month for us to get our check as we had to keep calling and every time it was something new that they had never mentioned! Whether it was to have the contractor sign off on the receipts with their number and it takes 2 days to process or send copies of the cashed checks as well and wait another 2 days to process, or that our check hadn't been approved, or that it had been approved but it takes 7 days to release it, or that it was mailed but we never received it and had to call back, etc. etc. Now, we are waiting for our last check and I am not looking forward to it. Let's see what other excuse they have!!!
    Thank GOD we self contracted because we saved a ton of money and didn't really have to use any out of pocket money to complete it. Citimortgage likes to hang on to that money as loooooong as possible so if you are in this situation, please keep calling! They HAVE to release the funds, it's your money! Or call and speak to their supervisor, we had to do that in order for them to release our second check.

absolutely no customer service available!

Unbeleivably frustrated with CitiMortgage and want to complain...anyone know the federal agency to direct our complaints?
How can we implement a tax exemption award if CitiMortgage (INDIA) refuses to take responsibility and handle our request.

My husband is 100% Disabled Veteran and was qualified by the state of PA and the City and County of Philadelphia for retroactive realestate tax exemption (back to Sept 07), but we can't get the tax department at CitiMortgage to talk with us to reduce the Monthly payment and have our '09 escrow tax refunded. Please advise...

• Su
    Susi Nov 07, 2008

Citimortgage is impossible to deal with. They call constantly but when I call the number back, they hang up. (This happened 7 times in a row one day.) They supposedly did something with my mortgage that was supposed to help me. I had a letter saying what days to pay - they gave the actual dates. Then, later, they said they received a payment one day late and the whole deal was off and I owed all the money at once. I don't really know what's going to happen.

• Ur
    URAMORON Dec 16, 2008

If you want to speak to an American CitiMortgage representative, simply ask for one, they have two call centers located in the US.

As far as your husband's tax exemption, you will need something from the taxing authority you're under that shows a dollar amount, indicating zero dollars are due for your next tax installment. Nothing less than a real, true number dollar amount will suffice. Don't send the information to their "tax department", which is a third party tax servicing company called First American. Instead, either mail or fax to their Account Inquiries department, your escrow adjustment and refund check will come much sooner.

MC1 Dec 29, 2008

If they over paid the taxes, you can look for the rebate from the county/city or on next years escrow payment.

• Bm
    bminder Sep 09, 2010

I have a rent house that we finance through citimortage. We have had the same renter in that house for over three years, always pays on time, which is a miracle if you've ever had to be a landlord. Due to an illness we fell three months behind on our payments, so we chose to do a repayment plan. As part of that citi would send someone every so often to check on the house and take pics to make sure it was maintained. On one of these occasions our renter spotted the agent sent from citimortage and asked her why she was taking pics and she said, "Honey save your rent this house is about to go into foreclosure." Which completely freaked our tenant out, and as much as I have reassured her we are making payments on our plan on time she has decided to move, and not pay in the meantime in order to save her money, which makes it difficult for us to make the payment. I believe the agent violated a privacy law, not to mention false information as we are not behind in our payments and so the property is not in foreclosure. Very unprofessional. I called citimortgage and told this to FIVE different people and basically was told it was an issue between our tenant and myself. I want to make citimortgage and their agent be accountable for their actions, so I have sought legal advice and I'll see how far that gets me.

very incompetent

I have been trying to get Citimortgage to correct my credit report for FIVE YEARS now!!

It is incorrectly reported on my credit report that my house is foreclosed with a zero balance with no payment received since 2003. Yet, I AM making my monthly payment of $1260.00.

I have repeatedly faxed them copies of my credit report and proof of payments. This has been disputed for numerous times and each time they tell me that it will be corrected and it has not been yet. When I call they act like it's no big deal and usually the customer service rep hangs up on me.

How can I receive a monthly statement with all the correct information on it but they can't report the same information. I spoke to a manager today who said that by looking at my file Citimortgage has not even reported to the credit agencies since 2006 regarding my account. Citimortgage is a joke...

• De
    deborah reeves Nov 05, 2008

my second complaint but not my last. i called to find out the protocal for handling an insurance check. i was told to endorce it and overnight it to them (which i did the cost being 14.00 to do it) with letters from my contractor. I have spoke with several different people some names are amanda hebble, mark, jean harvon, raymond, edith and others i have forgotten. while speaking with these people and not getting any satisfaction i asked to speak to a supervisor which i was refused. Can you believe they refised to let me hold for or even speak to one. If i could get my loan away from CITIMORGAGE i would. I stated repairs on my home with my own money, so my roof would stop leaking and my personal property from getting wet and now i cannot get any money released to replace this or get the other repairs done that is needed even though they have the insurance check that have been cleared with the bank.Customer care with CITIMORTGAGE at a time of need is non existing. Everytime i call CITIMORTGAGE my ulsers start acting up and i start throwing up. I would like the Federal agency's name where complaints of this nature can be voiced. I also have been dealing with them trying to correct incorrectly reported information on my credit report that my house is foreclosed on. How can it be foreclosed on and they have received at lease 4 years of payments since it was first repoted incorrectly. I NEED SOMEONE TO HELP ME> i even lost my temper and used a ugly word, which i do apolgize for, but i apolize for nothing else

MC1 Dec 29, 2008

You don't call the company for the disputes, on the credit report.
    You need to contact the credit reporting companies, they'll fix it. EQUIFAX, EXPERIAN, TRANSUNION.

poor customer service

On March 8, 2008 2 trees hit my home. Citibank is holding the funds from the insurance co. to fix our home...

mortgage payoff

I have been attempting to payoff my home with Citimortgage since June 2, 2008. It is now July 28th and I still have not received a refund check from them. I first called in to request a payoff on May 28th 2008 due to my home being destroyed by a tornado on May 25th 2008. The faxed me a payoff on May 28th good until July 1st - because it takes 30 days to pay a mortgage off - funny thing is it takes them one day to clear the payment!!! I sent my check off on June 2nd, requesting any refunds or return items to be mailed to my new address...well they returned my 'PAYOFFcheck, the check I sent them, to me at my old address - which sat there for 5 days until I finally called Citimortgage to check on my status and they told me what they had done. So I went to my old hometown and picked up my check at the City Hall - where all of the undeliverable packages were going. I then returned it to Citimortgage requesting a payoff again - this time as of August 1st because it was July 1st already. I then called them weekly checking on the status. Well - IRONICALLY on July 2nd I also signed a new mortgage with Citimortgage for my new home - they applied my payoff check to that loan! So when I called in and found that out I was furious and told them they should fix it, payoff the correct loan as of the date they received the check (which was supposedly July 10th). This was July 17th and I talked to a man that said the loan would be paid off as of July 10th and I would receive my 'refund' check - it would be sent out no later than July 21. I called back on July 28th and asked about the status and they said my loan was paid in full as of July 17th and my refund check was to be mailed on August 3rd - I told them they were wrong and I was not paying interest from July 10-July17. And I requested my check to be sent overnight ASAP - she could only promise me it would go out the third overnight. Today is July 28th and we will see how this plays out - Citimortgage is by far the WORST company I have ever dealt with and has the WORST customer service in any industry PERIOD!!! They are out to screw you out of every penny they can. As soon as I can justifiably switch mortgage companies - it is happening and I will NEVER recommend or support in any way any of my customers to place their mortgage with Citimortgage.

• Co
    Connie Meek Jul 28, 2008

We are fighting with them too. Do you know that they actually put the wrong zip code on the Delaware
    payment address. Our mortgage check has been lost somewhere in their system not cashed luckily but
    in trying to deal with this all, I was put on hold, disconnected, unable to talk to anyone but voice mail when customer service had just spoken to someone in charge themselves. YES THEY HAVE THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE AND TREAT YOU LIKE SOME LOSER WHO IS TRYING TO WORM OUT OF PAYING WHEN WE PAID EARLY every month for the last 5 years.

Realty Mediation Services Jul 29, 2008

Contrary to what some people have said on here, I am not trying to be one of those people I mentioned above. My company is a nationwide company that provides services for people that are at the end of their rope. One of the helpful things that we provide is letting you know, before payment for service, if we can assist you and if we can not. If we can not, we tell you why not and what can be done to allow our company to assist you. Most companies won't do that, but we will also give you the reasons why exactly so that, if you should choose a different service, they will not be able to scam you. Now that's a way of saving money too.

I take all that frustration away from you and create solutions that work. I know that it may be hard to swallow, but I do. I have done it for several people. And I can do it for you too. If you want more specifics or just want to talk to me, call my office at 888-453-1518 and check out the website, which is being updated with a few new options available. And this isn't just for people facing foreclosure, people that are current and want to pay off their home early, call me. I can and will help as many people as I am able to. What have you got to lose? Website address is http://www.onlybusiness.com/members/RealtyMediationService. Or send an e-mail with a number to reach you and a good time to call...and if not for you, best of luck. In all your endeavors.

• Ra
    Rain Carmicheal Aug 22, 2008

Just wanted to let you know you are not alone. I hope that you have this resolved now.

I have had a ton of problems with Citimortgage. Every time I would try and put extra money on my principal they would credit the next month's payment instead, even when I wrote on the check PRINCIPAL ONLY in florescent ink. Then they would delay crediting my account for a week after I wasted huge amounts of time trying to talk to someone on customer support.

I am about to pay off my loan next month and I am sure it is going to be a huge hassle. Customer service is amongst the worst I have ever seen. I cannot wait to wave goodbye to having to deal with this company. I wish that Mortgage companies were not allowed to sell their loans. That is how I ended up with Citi. I HIGHLY recommend if you have a choice to steer clear of them.

• Da
    Dan Kidd Oct 02, 2008

For three months I have been trying to drop the PMI on my Citimortgage account. They make it near impossible because everytime I send the form with the proven criteria and option choice, they never get it. Most of the time I get to talk to friendly far away individuals that cant help or understand my standard-american accent. It is my third and final attempt by mail, and 10 different phone calls. The only thing I can do is switch companies if they dont meet my needsand the interest rate is right. These greedy corrupt banks dont need a bailout, they need a plague that consumes fecal matter.

• He
    help in Indy Jul 21, 2009

Does the world know what is going on with this company. We put our house on the market one year ago and bought another home and moved into it thinking the home would sell soon due to its location. Then the world in the housing market went crazy. We were employed in the housing industry and found out in Feb. of 09 we were loosing our jobs in March of 09. We started calling Citi mortgage in Feb. 09 knowing we would be out of money by June if we did not find jobs. We always ended up with someone in India you could not understand and since we were not delinquent nothing could be done. Well June got here and we were correct if no job no money. We didn't make our June payment. The calls started, 13 in one day from India alone, but we thought maybe our prayers were answered when we got a signed offer on the house. The offer was $4000.00 off from covering the pay off of the mortgage. We are now into our 2nd mo of trying to get an answer of some sort to close this deal but citi mortgage would rather fore close on the loan than to take a short pay of $4000.00. We have one of the highest unemployment rates in the country in our area. We are fifth in the country on foreclosures. Houses in our market are selling at 65 cents on the dollar or less and when they get this house back they will loose at least 50 to 60 thousand dollars on this home.
    Someone needs to let the world know what is going on and how these companies are just pi___ng the money away. I guess when the government gives you billions no-one cares what you do with it or how you care for it. If I told the goverment that I miss handled my money and made some real stupid mistakes they would send me 3 million dollars so I could continue to be stupid and keep Pi__ing the money away. No they will not. I will have to file Bankruptcy loose everything I've got and start over. What is really wild about the whole thing is I'm 57 years old been working since I was 11 and I have never in my life made a late payment. Thanks to a few greedy companies and a government that is wanting everyone on the same level { the bottom} and Citi Bank

Citimortgage.com

I will make this brief. Citimortage, like many financial institutions is squeezing its customers for online transactions. As most you know, companies are leveraging the internet for online transactions and saving on overall cost of doing business. Citimortage unfortunately does not feel as if it is saving enough because it has decided to penalize its customers $10 when making a mortgage payments online. Obviously, this is a small matter for the EXECS who are lining their wallets with the profits, however, it adds to the big PINCH Americans are feeling in their wallets. Add Citimortage to the problem list.

MC1 Dec 29, 2008

Why make payment online...wire the $$$ from your bank, same day transaction-no fee.

• Af
    A fair opinion Sep 19, 2009

Ya really, if you really want to use the service of your mortgage company to make a payment for your needs instead of writing a check, and you dont think they should charge you a fee?

they stole my money

Several months after I closed on a refinance, I was checking some numbers and found $200 of financing that was not accounted for. My mortgage documents said I paid $1000 in prepaid interest, but when I pulled up my Citimortgage account, it said they only collected $800 in prepaid interest. Looking into this became a 5 month long hunt, spending well over 100 hours on the phone with Citimortgage, most of it on hold. It, obviously, became less bout the money, and more about the point of the issue, that they would REFUSE to account for that extra $200. I finally got them to concede that they owed me that money, which started another 3 month process of trying to get it back. First they said it was held by the closing attorney, who then showed me documentation that Citimortgage had 3 months earlier requested that the attorney send that money back to them. Then Citimortgage claimed they never got the check, even though I had a copy of the check which had been cancelled and deposited in the Citimortgage pockets. Again, it took no less than 50 additional phone calls, leaving un-returned voicemail messages, talking to supervisors, who now were telling me that the person to whom the check was sent, and a Citimortgage address, was not a Citimortgage employee. I'm sure it was one of those rogue tricksters that go around pretending to be mortgage company employees, collecting money from unsuspecting Citimortgage customers, and depositing that money in the Citimortgage pockets!

So, several months later...they REFUSED to issue me a refund of that money, but did agree to put that money towards the principal of my loan, so at least the money is accounted for again. If they took $200 from each of their customers (most of whom would either never know it, or not have the tenacity to get it back), how much money would they be pocketing?

I even tried to find somebody that I could complain to, and they would not even direct me to a complaint department. There was absolutely nowhere for me to vent, or get an apology, or "I'm sorry, we'll try to serve you better in the future"!

That is why I am posting here. Bottom line: Watch your money CLOSELY, because even big name companies which we trust will take any chance they can to stick it to you!

9 times out of 10;
    the $$$'s not at the mortgage company, it's at the title company
    the mortgage company doesn't deal with the little numbers, the title company does
    check your final HUD

property assessment scam

I'm going through the same dilemma with citiMortage since they acquired ABN... discrepancies in my escrow account, proposed property tax increases that are not valid with the Placer County Assessor's office, not to mention the language barrier with citiMortgage's middle eastern rude representatives... what is our legal recourse for this?

• Je
    jeanne Oct 13, 2008

Oh my gosh! I am having the same problem. Thank goodness I decided to get on this complaint 'bandwagon'. my money is in their accounts but since it isnt the 'new' amount ($120 more) the computer isnt taking it. Excuse me? I have spoken to every department there. I was told by the only kind person I have spoken to there that I need to monthly call the Loss Midigation department and tell them my story...blah blah blah. They are 45 to 50 days behind. And my property tax went down. so this morning I am about to maker my upteenth call to them, talk to Sahib or whatever he decides to call himself and explain. What can we do?

• Be
    bertha Dec 02, 2008

Complaints sould be sent to The Office of Thrift Supervision a branch of treas.gov go figure, you complain to the guys that just handed them $45 billion in one month. Not to mention what they've stolen from nonsuspecting consumers. Newspaper, or ClassAction. I wonder what real change is in store for next year. Government could hand out large boxes so people could live in and keep the Box companies in the country. Imagine the interest rate and price guaging on a box. You know we're going to have to start paying for air soon. Go Green

fraudulent

Citifinancial Mortgage Company Inc lost/misapplied my March 2008 payment. I received a letter saying I was 25 days past due. I called them, got someone who did NOT speak English, explained to them that I made the payment, it cleared my bank and I could provide them a copy of my check, front and back to prove it. I spoke to a supervisor named Dave who said I should fax it to [protected]. I did just that 1st thing the next morning. I then started getting annoying phone calls all hours of the evening/night from the collections dept. I re-explained the situation (feels like a million times) and each time was promised they would look into it. Each time I spoke to a different representative, I requested that notes be added to my account so everyone would know that the problem was being worked on. After two weeks of no resolution and TONS of phone calls, I spoke to a supervisor named Brigitte who had me fax the same documentation AGAIN to [protected]. Once again, I got a bunch of BS promises that were never fulfilled. I then spoke to another representative that gave me a different fax number to send my info to [protected] and that conversation was followed up by a letter requesting the same info. On it was an actual name of a person (surprise). When I called the phone number on the letter, it turned out to be an "invalid number". I faxed in my documentation proving the payment was made a total of 10 times, I have spoken to more people than I can count and yet I can't get a SINGLE person at Citifinancial to do their job. Meanwhile I am getting threatening letters stating they will foreclose, they will accelerate the loan, my credit is being affected AND to add insult to injury, they have my money and I have done NOTHING wrong. Citifinancial is a fraudulent company that is probably to blame for the so-called home foreclosure crisis. If they are doing this to me, they are doing it to others. Someone needs to do something about this!!!

Realty Mediation Services Jul 08, 2008

• Er
    Erica Aug 21, 2008

They are doing the same thing to me.
    Only difference is they bought my loan from a different company!!
    They are horrible to deal with and continue to promise and never deliver. They do not care about their customers at all.

• Le
    Leila Elkins Aug 31, 2008

Citi Mortgage has charge me over $900.00 in deliquency fees, posted my bill as nonpaid, changed the number to my account, raised my percentage rate from 7% to 10% with re-negotiating my contract. I know I need a mortgage lawyer to sue them. If anyone reading this can help, please send me an email. I will be filing and calling to complain about this company. We need a class action against them.
    Leila Elkins

inaccurate information given regarding insurance check reimbursement

We received an insurance check for water damage to our home. The check was made out to us, and to...

outsourcing is the biggest mistake made in america

This is ridiculous.

Every time I call Citimortgage to discuss my account, I get some foreigner who barely speaks English. They don't understand my issue and/or concern and what *** me off the most is the fact that they can only respond with what’s on the paper in front of them.

It's one thing to service your customers by being attentive and addressing there concerns, but its a whole other thing when you "know" a person is reading from a script and repeating themselves over and over again.

Totally *** me off - I live in America not India!

Max K Jun 07, 2008

I've consistently received poor customer service from Citimortgage and find the foreign customer service staff very frustrating to deal with. They do not appear to understand my midwestern accent, I guess, as they usually answer questions I am not asking. They will also try to take advantage of you if you try to delete (eliminate) their escrowing your property taxes. They will tell you there will be a fee for this and they don't want to say what the fee is over the phone. If you get tired of their games, ask to speak to a supervisor. I did this, told them if they are going to charge a fee to delete my escrow account, that I will just refinance with a company that doesn't require that I escrow my taxes. Suddenly, the supervisor will respond with "there is no fee". I got that resolved, was still tired of the offshore customer service and moved the business to Countrywide. There I can call, they are Americans speaking English and they address questions promptly and accurately. Hopefully their customer service won't go downhill with the Bank of America buying them out.

• Me
    Mel A. Sep 15, 2008

You are correct. When calling you ask to speak to a rep. in the USA. This will get you transferred back here. But the customer service is still lousy. I have an ongoing issue with a tax payment not made. Been at this since July and it's now thru Sept. I wouldn't recommend Citi, due to no customer service.

Bad service and processes

Refinanced my existing CitiMortgage thru a broker, hoping to get away from Citi (overall company, not just...

incident

I paid my mortgage in march on citi mortages web site. Citi morgage doubled my payment and explained it as a glitch in there system. The also stated that it would take a minimum of five business days for them to credit the unauthorized amount back to me. I told them not to credit it back to me as I was $900 over drawn already because of this and stated that I would simply dispute this charge at my personal bank. I did this to avoid further overdrafts and penalties. While in the process of disputing the unauthorized amount citi refunded the unauthorized amount. I then dissolved the dispute with my bank and they in turn refunded citi the disputed amount. I then found out due to collection phone calls that citi never posted the refunded amount from the dispute to my account. I then contacted my bank and sent them the ACH tracking number so they could credit it to my account. They were given the ACH # and my personal bank statements on the 25 of March so they could send it to there research department. I have since been in contact with three people Jona, her supervisor Dihn, and now his supervisor Nancy Fuentez. All of the above stated will not answer the phone when I call nor will they return messages left for them (example I left Nancy three messages yesterday and two already today. Meanwhile I am receiving collection phone calls at home and at work! I'm receiving collection notices in the mail. And they have reported to the credit bureau three separate 30 days late. I'm running out of options to resolve this situation since they will no longer communicate with me PLEASE HELP.

Realty Mediation Services Jun 17, 2008

escrow

1.Who is Chairman and CEO responsible for real estate lending in the US? What is the address to contact? Phone number?

2.What is the name of the manager responsible for escrow analysis at the Gaithersburg, MD 20898 address? Phone number?

3. What is the governmental agency and address for addressing escrow problems?

Have sent certified packages and letters. No resolution to escrow problem!

We qualify to delete escrow but have to pay for the privelege. Have 3.5 years with no lates. LTV is 37.7%.

Thank you for reponse. Frustrated at ineptness. Speak very plain English.

• Ro
    Robert Leavitt Jun 13, 2008

Totally disagree - To say CitiMortgage is inept is a gross UNDERSTATEMENT! Their business practices would have to improve dramatically to classify only as inept. I've had them unilaterally convert my funds to their own purposes on numerous occasions.

payoff, prepayment penalty, interest

Citimortgage is run by a bunch of ignorant idiots and scam artists. I had a 5 year ARM loan. In February I...

escrow check bounced!

I refinanced my home. Abn amro sent my escrow to me in the form of a check on february 10, 2008. I deposited the check into my account and it bounced. Abn amro told me that they were sorry about the mistake but they reissued the check. The check was for 2371.66. The check was not reissued. They have told me several different stories. I have talked to 10 different people. They have not reissued the check. I also incurred $150.00 worth of nsf fees associated with the check bouncing. They will not give me the phone number of a supervisor. They keep telling me that they will call me or to call their customer service number. This is terrible!

Mary C. Gentry Apr 16, 2008

My mortgage was taken over by Citi Mortgage from Waterfield in Indpls IN. The monthly payment is deducted from my Key Bank account in only my name (Mary C. Gentry). It has always been listed this way. Somehow when Citi Mortgage took the account from Waterfield, my former husband"s name (Moore) is now on my account. I have been divorced since 1996, and now I am supposed to do all the work to get this removed. It never was listed in the Moore name. Why should I need to get all the paperwork to remove this mistake? Why are they taking the payments from the account that is mine Gentry and crediting Gentry-Moore?

scam and stealing!

CitiGroup bought my loan back in November of 06 and ever since then it has been a nightmare. They first stated off ok till they lost $500. They found it in someone else account. Then back in July of last year they lost $1000 still haven't found it and when my bank talked to them and asked why i wasn't up to date all they could say is i haven't paid this months bill. you see the part that confused me and my bank is all my payments are made though bill pay. My bank is trying to help them and tell them that the payments were sent out and that they received them and they wish all the late fees to be taken off my account and off my credit report.

And as far as we can see is all the payments have been made. Well i have now received a new letter stating that its not just $1000 in default but $2000! This company should be put out of business i though when you buy a home it should be good a joyous as long as you do your part of the deal... i guess not when Citi is involved!

This is the worst company in the world and no one should do business with them!

• He
    Heidi M. Feb 26, 2008

Citi Mortgage bought out our loan in 06 as well. Started off fine then to quote Citi they "missapplied a couple of our extra payments" Our records from the bank corrected them. Then a few months later we recieved an incorrect statement and were told to just cross out what was wrong and right down what was right, then they would correct it. Then after repeating this problem over and over again for 3 months it still wasn't accurate. During the 3 months we were making our payments to them with statements that had incorrect numbers crossed out on them. We come home one day and find a legal notice from an attorneys office that we were reported 6 months behind in our payments and that our home was in forclosure. We called the attorney immediately and explained the situation to them. Told them that we never get a straight answer and that we need get the same person twice even though we ask and have their operator number. The attorney looked at the file I had of statements and bank verified statements and said that is the worst case of "missapplied funds" he had since and it was obvious to him that we didn't belong in forclosure. The contacted Citi and it took Citi a week to get back to us. We are no longer in forclosure, however it is been 2 long months and they still don't have our principle balance corrected, our year end tax statement corrected and they still are missing one of our double payments that the bank can verfiy Citi recieved. Plus Citi is charging me 1,400 in third party fees due to the forclosure process. Our credit report is showing that we are 6 months behind still. When I call Citi they just transfer me from department to department. I get the same thing that we are working on it and some one in another department will get it noted and corrected for me. This happens over and over again. This has been a nightmare, if we didn't have clear records of this I think that it would have destroyed my marriage, because I do the books and it is hard to believe that a company could be so far wrong over and over again with their records. I am sorry to see so many other people experiencing the same nightmare as us. This company should close their doors for the horrible way they handle business.

Margie Vazquez Apr 28, 2008

Citibank is a real nightmare to deal with. I scheduled my April mortgage payment by E-mail, because they left Puerto Rico and I don't have anywhere to deposit my mortgage payment, and they did not process my check . They told me that it was returned by the bank, but the bank statement does not show any returned checks. They told me to fax them the evidence and their fax number does not answer. How can such an institution still in business??

• Ra
    Randy Apr 29, 2008

Citimortgage SCAMS! They sent me a bill for escrow shortage, telling me because my taxs went up and my house payment was going up. I called the township that i live in and my taxs went down. I then called shitymortgage and was told they assumed my taxs were going up a 04% increase due to inflation, the township told me inflation for this year is 1.023%. I then called shitymortgage again and told them what my taxs are for the year and i want my payment to reflect the increase of 1.023% and not there charge of 04% and was pretty much told to get f ed. I told the representative that i refuse to make a payment that is more than my current payment and until they lower my payment back to what it was i will not be paying them.

• K
    k Jun 16, 2008

Everyone knows CitiMortgage is the biggest ### sucking company out there! THEY ARE PIGS AND THE GOVERNMENT ALLOWS THEM TO CONTINUE TO RAPE THE AMERICAN PUBLIC OF THE HOMES AND MONEY! THIS IS ALL PART OF THE BUSH AND CLINTON CARTELS AS THEY PUT THE WHEELS IN MOTION AND CONTINUE TO AID IN ALLOWING THEM TO CRUSH AMERICANS UNDER THE GUISE OF NON-PRIME OR SUBPRIME; ALL BS! REGULATORS ALLOW THESE ### TO STEAL HOMES WITHOUT JUST AND LEGAL CAUSE AND BY FRAUD; GO TO WWW.LIVINGLIES.COM! THEY ARE COMMITTING BANK FRAUD AND OUR GOVERNMENT IS ALLOWING THEM TO DO SO! READ ABOUT BANK FRAUD; IT INCLUDES FRAUDULENT BILLING AND FORECLOSURE ACTIONS AS THESE PIGS AND THEIR ### EMPLOYEES AND LAWYERS LOVE TO FILE!

• Sc
    screwed again by you Oct 15, 2013

i have had this company since 06 and its been nothing but trouble from day one. This time they have hit below the belt, going through a modification loan and not any of the 50 plus people we dealt with could give us the same answer. While waiting for all the paper work to get to the right people are home was sold out from under us. We found out the home was bought by Citigroup.inc . we are still getting paper work from citimortgage that our loan is still being looked at . Doing every thing we were told to do by this company has left me my wife and four kids with no place to live and destroyed my credit.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices