Citibanknot downloadable to quickbooks

G

The new Citi Card is not downloadable to QuickBooks - mainly only Quicken. Also, it appears that unless you sign up for paperless billing you cannot even view the statement on-line. The rewards are fine but when I have to spend a significant amount of time entering the transactions into QuickBooks, it is not worth it. American Express was downloadable and statements could be viewed on-line as well as received by regular mail. Same with Capital One . I will be using my Capital One card to pay at Costco.

• Jl
    jluros Jun 26, 2016

It might be too technical to help (not sure about your comfort editing structured text files), but I developed a set of instructions to turn Citibank's QFX file into a QBO that quickbooks will import. I've been testing these for a few days, and it seems to work. I've imported four separate downloads into QuickBooks successfully. You can read my instructions here: https://community.intuit.com/questions/1386709

• Jl
    jluros Jun 26, 2016

It might be too technical to help (not sure about your comfort editing structured text files), but I developed a set of instructions to turn Citibank's QFX file into a QBO that quickbooks will import. I've been testing these for a few days, and it seems to work. I've imported four separate downloads into QuickBooks successfully. You can read my instructions here: https:// community.intuit.com/questions/1386709

• Je
    JeffinSF Sep 07, 2016

Exact same problem, thought for a minute I was the only other person struggling with Costco's change over to Citibank and Quickbooks

Will this tweak work for Quickbooks 2014 and Citibank Visa download transactions?

Anyone tried later versions of Quickbooks? I'm not opposed to upgrading if it would solve the issue.

• Ju
    jude11 Nov 08, 2016

Still can't download Citibank Costco card into QuickBooks. When will this be fixed????

• Ph
    Philhf Apr 11, 2017

I am also having problems with the new replacement to American Express with Citibank. The changeover was a disaster which has not got any better. I also have been trying to download transactions into Quickbooks just as I did with American Express. What I have learned after many hours of trial and error and online chat along with so called tech support on various levels at various times over several months is the following:
    Whatever Citi card was FIRST registered is the ONLY one with full web access and downloading into Quickbooks capabilities.
    The, to me, the illogical reasoning for this is that, unlike American Express, Discover, or major banks, one has to have a different user name for each account or card in Citibank. Quickbooks requires that only one user name be used for each banking institution, regardless of how many accounts are within that banking institution.
    Had I known this up front I woulds have registered the card which I use for the bulk of my transactions. but Costco nor Citibank mentioned that! I thought maybe I could resolve this by unregistering all Citibank cards and just registering the one I use most - but no, Citibank do not permit such devious methods of skirting around their "customer be screwed" system.
    I shall therefore not renew my Costco subscription which I have had since 1981 and reluctantly switch to Sams ClubIt is not just the credit card problem but the general attitude and service of Costco which hads gone down the tubes over the past five years or so. They clearly do not care anymore about their customers, as they probably think why should they when their stores remain packed. I can think of other stores which had the same attitude but are either no longer in business or are struggling.