Having problems with Citibank?

+54 11 4329 1772 (Argentina)
+57 1485 4000 (Colombia)
+593 2393 9043 (Ecuador)
+595 216 202 400 (Paraguay)
+58 212 705 2039 (Venezuela)
+58 212 705 2614 (Venezuela)
Citi, 388 Greenwich Street
New York, California

Complaints & Reviews

Resolved ripoff

thought it was only me! had account but did not order checks.started having bounced check fees . also...

unfriendly

CitiBank NRI site is very unfriendly and slow. The customer service is very poor. They are unfriendly and unhelpful.

• Co
    concernedcustomer1 Nov 24, 2008

You're right. I am from Melbourne and everytime i call them it is diverted to India. The service is very awful. The operators keep disconnecting the phone during conversations. The operators have very little knowledge about banking and are not trained well.

• Su
    Suffered by CITI Jul 01, 2010

CITI NRI is like a Mouse Trap.
    You can only send money to India.
    There is no way you can get it back.
    Even though Reserve Bank of India made simple rules for repatriation, people working in CITI will intrepret those rules in a most complicated way and make sure that you will not get any thing back.
    They are spoiling the image of the bank and causing enough heart burns to the customers.

jayaram.123 Dec 14, 2010

Citibank NRI home loans is run by a bunch of [censor]s, who are not from the banking world. The customer representative is a joke.Unprofessional, unaware irresponsible people. No wonder CITIBANK is under loss. The customer rep I spoke to had no idea as to how the loan works and here is the best part the Country Manager in India is a novice too, looks like CITI recruited a "smart" 23 year old MBA to head the company, man he is CLUELESS. I wihs they stop providing their "SERVICES" bah !! service is a joke. Hope they fire all the Managers who handle this loan in the US and India tooo.. Word of advice do not deal with them!!!

Resolved dishonest business practises

Citi NRI is the worst website ever built. For one the login is kinda goofy. You have a complex 16 digit login...

unauthorized charge

$179.95 was charged to my Citibank credit card as a purchase of Essentials Gold. I have no knowledge of this purchase. When I called the Essentials Gold phone number listed on my Citibank bill, the voice recording indicated Essentials Gold was a membership program. I had never heard of it nor had I ever signed up for it.

I called Citibank and insisted the charge be removed from my account. I told them that a search of the Internet indicated that this was a scam in which Citibank knowingly participated.
The operator (in India) agreed to remove the charge.

I am going to very carefully read each charge to my credit cards.

JACK66 Aug 21, 2011

We're also scammed by a charge of 19.99 per month on our cc bill. We called essential gold and they couldn't explain this, said we weren't on their list and didn't know why we were being charged. Canceling account now.

Resolved beware of these movers

Earlier this year, I was approved for a student loan with the Citibank, and 2 disbursements were scheduled. However, I used only the first one, as I became ineligible for the second one. I subsequently paid off the first one in full, and the school I'd attended, cancelled the second one. Citibank, however, took a strange position of denying that the cancellation of the second disbursement has ever taken place, and holding me liable for paying it. The school provided me with the statement from HESC that shows the cancellation. My numerous phone calls to the customer service, letters, inquiries, even a complaint to BBB have gotten me precisely nowhere. Citibank still claims that I carry a balance on my student loan. I contacted a school official who placed a call to Citibank, and the Citibank employee claims to be unaware of the status of my loan (even though this name was on the letter from the Citibank).

This can negatively affect my credit history, let alone my eligibility for the prospective future student loans. I don't know what else I can do, except posting on this site.

Everybody, beware of Citibank practices.

Resolved I did not apply for this credit card

I received a mail with a credit card today from Citi. It stated that I had previously been sent a mail letting me know that my Home Depot consumer credit card is now a Citi MasterCard. First, I never received an mail, phone, etc communication from HomeDepot or Citigroup about converting my Home Depot card to a Citi MasterCard. Second, I did not have a consumer credit card with Home Depot, I had an instore consumer card/line of credit. Third, my limit was around $800.00. I called [protected] and spoke with a young lady who said that she could not help me. I asked to speak to her supervisor. Keith answered. I explained the above to him. He proceeded to sell the benefits of having the card. What? I told him that I never received prior communication. He said they sent it to the same address as this mail. I said "What if it was lost at the post office?" Am I still responsible? Is this as if I said Yes, I want a Citi Mastercard?" He said Yes. I then asked him why was my credit line/limit $3000.00 when my HomeDepot consumer card was only $800.00. He then tried to tell me that their plan/card was more flexible than HomeDepot and if I wanted he could lower it. He said that there was nothing he could do and did not offer any other options. This is unfair. With the state of the economy, credit ratings are very important. I have worked diligently to keep a good rating now to have a $3000.00 hit against my credit liability on my credit report. I want this removed off of my credit report. I am sure that other Home Depot consumers have no idea the ramifications of what this letter stated. I called the automated system to cancel my card. It stated that it will be closed in 5 to 7 business days.

credit card application

I wish to complain citibank telesales unit (mtts) / cpp acquisition sales global consumer group for not...

fraud

In the past i have made mistakes and had to pay over draft charges. In the past i knew i made a mistake and i never had a problem paying the over draft charges. Today though I look at my account and at the end of the day on 10/14/08 I had a positive balance in my account. Today now all of a sudden i got 8 over draft fees on my account posted on the 14th. How is this possible Im asking myself? I reviewed my account and can not come up with anything wrong. After going to my branch and talking to the branch manager I was even more disgusted with this company. He had no awnsers for me except this in not a banking error those fees came from something that is pending today. Well today is the 15th not the 14th and I STILL had enough money in the account to cover todays, except for the overdraft fees that just decided to pop up out of no where on the 14th. Well after arguing with the manager and getting know where i demanded to speak with someone else. Guess what that person was even a bigger ### then the bank manager and still could not come up with an awnser for me. I have no clue what happened here and no one in this company is willing to exlplain it to me, all i keep hearing is that its not a banking error there is nothing we can do. Believe me people this is a banking error I have never seen this happen before on my account and I know exactally how much money i had in there. These people are a bunch of ###s and if anyone has any information for me to how i may be able to get this resolved or how to go about getting something done please let me know. As far as im concerned though this companay is the worst I have dealt with in my life.

• Mb
    mbolt05 Oct 15, 2008

• Pc
    pcal Feb 01, 2009

National City Bank of Cleveland is run by white collar criminals who steal from customers any way they can. I never had an account with them but my daughter jus now experienced the same thing folks on here are talking about.
    I recommend to every one, put out the word to any one that listens, post where ever you can about it on the internet and yes write your Congress Person and U.S. Senator and dont stop. Lets put those thief's out of business and set an example that we will not get ripped off without consequences to those thief's.

• Gm
    gmwrick May 12, 2009

They did this to me and I had no choice but to close my business account. I was a day late the following month in my National City Visa, and they closed my account. If that's not retaliatory enough, they quintupled my payment and jacked my interest rate up over 30%. They violated several laws under FCRA in collecting the debt. I filed a complaint with the FTC & AG's office. I'm getting a lawyer and you should, too. This bank has already been in trouble for wrongly insuring loans as FHA- they were fined. This is organization of opportunists and bullies looking to exploit their consumers for profit.

magnum Jul 09, 2009

We have a loan with National City. Last month I called NC and advised them we would be late on the payment. NC agreed to the late pay. Starting July 01, 2009 to this date we have received 144 documented calls from NC. We did talk with 3 reps and they stated, "we will call you everyday on the 1/2 hour or every minute until the account is paid. We are less than 15 days late. Evidently, calling and making payment arrangements was wrong.

ethics, rudeness overdraft fraud

I have had nothing but bad experiences with this bank. I don't even know where to begin. First off rudeness is there policy. The bank uses overdrafts like scam income, manipulate these charges in weird mysterious ways for profit and don't explain is a straight forward way why they are applied. The magic phrase, not a bank error legally waives away all customer satisfaction. There have been several other issues such as setting up a custodial account as overdraft protection and then removing it without any notification. When the overdraft protection failed I discovered this. When I asked what happened I was told it is illegal to use a custodial account for overdraft protection. They refused to cover the overdrafts when that was obviously their error. There response was this is not thier problem. There have been other things and I even reported issues to the Department of Treasury for investigation and they never even responded. It is so plain to see this bank and the government are thier own self interest groups. In my opinion National City boarders on criminal and after today will remove my accounts. Their service is exploitive. I would rather do business with the mafia.

• Ee
    eeyorelover Dec 11, 2008

We deposited a check on Friday and had 4 overdraft fees on Tuesday for 34.00 each! I've sent 2 emails to customer service and my husband went into the local branch and was told that they wouldn't take the charges off!
    This bank is AWFUL about overdraft charges!
    My husband's check is direct deposited every week and still 2 days after the deposit went in they added overdraft charges.
    We are definitely switching banks!

Samantha Feb 20, 2009

I am irate with this bank. As of 2/14/09 I had a balance of 28.00 and a pending charge of 8.00 which had already been removed. I go in this morning to deposit a check and they inform me my act if over drawn $122 and some odd cents. I asked to speak with someone so they could let me know where I went wrong and i was told a firm "NO" we do not assist with overdrafts unless it is bank error. so i just paid it and left. I have been reading online all night about this bank and their scams. I just logged onto my act to see i had another pending fee of 4.56 and my bal was -39.89 This makes no sense to me. I log on again to try and figure things out myself and now my act says i have 0.71 and the 123.00 i deposited today was no longer in there, like i had never paid it. They gave me 2 overdraft fees in 1 day and it says i over drew my act 5 times that day and the next day i "overdrew" it 2 times and they only charged me 1 fee. non the less i ended up with 123.00 in overdraft fees. I am not only confused but extremely mad. i went to one of the local branches for my first deposit and they said since i had not had an overdraft fee this year they might wave it for me but i had to go to the branch where i opened the act. i rushed over there for the lady to be so rude to me it almost put me in tears. This same lady was been extremely ignorant to my sister telling her she does not deserve to own an act when she got her first and only overdraft fee in the 6 years she has been banking with them. I am going into the bank in the morning and closing my act. NOTHNG BUT SCAMMERS!

• Sc
    scisco Feb 20, 2009

Samantha -

Are you kidding me? Really. Can you be any more dumb? The reason the amounts were changing on the internet banking was because they were updating your account. The reason why they do not show a $123.00 balance is because it went towards the overdraft - to bring it past zero a few odd cents.

Your account was in overdraft - you know why. Stop being so coy. Otherwise you would have not so easily paid the charges.

That goes for all of you. Stop overdrafting your accounts and you will not get charged fees.

Samantha Feb 20, 2009

It was not showing the deposit of 40 nor the deposit if 83 that I had put in at all, no where, it should have been in with all of my other expenses. it was no where to be found. that’s what i meant, i did not expect to see it in my running balance. do you have any experience with national city? i have tried keeping my balance in the record book, they even gave me this great big one, i still got screwed in the end, and i left because i didn’t have time to deal with their bs i had to go to work that would be why i am going back in today and as of right now 5 am i have another over draft fee and there is nothing to show in the posted nor the pending for it to even over draw. If i was the only person going through this crap i don’t think over hundreds of people would be posting blogs like this on numerous web sites. How can it go from showing 1 item in pending to it being completely gone and what i had paid towards the overdraft just gone, into thin air? its there then its gone then it appears again a few hours later.

No one overdraws their acts on purpose. My moms act goes in the red all the time when she gets gas because a certain gas station holds double the amount until it is paid but she never gets charged for it, she also uses a different bank.

• So
    soverien41 Nov 06, 2009

i had just under 2 grand in my checking account on 9/30 deposited a pay check on 10/1 bringing to just under 2900. had house payment and another purchase come out same day totalingapprox 550. then on 10/5 overdraft made a deposit into my account when i had plenty of money in there. unknowing to this at the time i moved 1800 to my savings which i still had a little over 500 in my checking account. needless to say this kept going on till i had no money left in my overdraft and when i really needed it it was already used up and i ended up with 238 in overdraft fees

excessive charges and no answers

Back in March of this year, I had a $59 payment due to CitiCard. I paid it one day late. I was charged excessive fees and then owed $250+. I visited their web site and asked why and was told that after the payment was late you are charged an additional 1/48 of your balance. My balance was a little less than $2000, so I informed them of that. They told me that there were other extra charges. I tried to find out what they were and they told me they were in the user agreement. I said, "Where are the fees that pertain to these charges in the user agreement?" They couldn't and wouldn't answer. I haven't paid it since March and have turned the card over to a debt settlement agency, so CitiCard turned the debt over to a law office who is demanding I pay $3, 062. Crooks!

• Br
    Bruce Dunn Oct 14, 2008

• Az
    AZSkye Oct 30, 2008

Bruce --
    I know how it feels. But you can't just NOT pay CitiBank, or any other legitimate bill, without serious consequences. Especially now when we are in the worst financial crisis our country has been through in almost 80 years.

If I were in your shoes, I would try to find a debt relief agency that will help me make payments to Citibank, and other creditors so I don't have further credit problems. It's tough, but you can't cut your nose off to spite your face, when dealing with credit issues.

Be a man, take a deep breath, and take care of things!

want to have my cards cancelled but can't sign on

I have two citibank cards (mastercard and a mercury drug card) that i want to be cancelled. I am out of the country (Phils) now and it's hard for me to call. I have been trying to sign on to the citi bank website but i just can't go through. I tried to create a new username and password but still couldn't go through. I am not an expert on computers and I don't know what else to do. I had my daughter in the Phils. to make full payment on my accounts and I would just like to have my cards cancelled right away before i get charged again for insurance, interest and delayed charges. Please help me with this. I just need them to email me that they got this compliant and that i can send my respond directly to that email address as i don't know much about computers. Thank you.

• Ol
    olatunde david Nov 07, 2008

i want to be funding be funding and have account with either mastercard or anyone

Resolved fraud and scam

I also have had the problem of this bank deducting overdraft charges before the Items clear. Also the same problem with the customer reps refusing to return my calls. As a result I have contacted the local news station in cleveland and they are starting an investigation. Additionally I am in the process of filing a complaint with the Federal Banking Commission and I would encourage all to do the same.

Resolved customer abuse

Never in my life have I experienced worst service over the past 8 months then with citibank dubai.

I am a vice president of a company. My company credit card and personal credit card were cancelled by citibank with a text notification the day before saying it had been compromised. I was in india as I travel alot and tried to pay muy hotel bill but couldnt. I then called citibank spoke to 8 people asked for a manager to phone me back but nothing. They would not and refused to tell me what transaction they think was fraudulent and would not send me formal notification so I could provide my finance department.

My debit card recently got cancelled also due to fraud. One text message was sent to my old mobile number. I have proof that weeks before I had changed my mobile number with the whole of citibank. To try get it activated I spoke to 9 people they reissued the card, I was told that I was not allowed to speak to a supervisor or manager and was spoken to very badly the customer agent told me they were trained to not say sorry to any customer or apologise to anyone. I took time off work and drove
30 minutes to the branch to collect my card. I was sent to 4 different divisions before iwas able to retrieve it.

Then to activate my card I needed to log onto internet banking. The same line has been there for two days "we are experiencing temporary delays please try again later" I tried to call their customer care department to try and help - I waited 3 times longer then 10 minutes for the citigold supposed 24 hour helpline to pick up and then and I quote "11 minutes" for lost or stolen card (I thought at least they would answer) but no one has picked up yet.
To date I cannot access my money in my account due to inactivation of my debit card. I had to borrow money to pay petrol and taxis.

I am appauled - I am cancelling everything with citibank and suggest you do the same.
Just for your information I consult in the development of credit bureaus globally in emerging markets. I deal on a daily basis with all banks to assist them in reengineering their processes to become more effective and share data and to date this is the worst bank I have encountered.
I hope that at least someone from citibank can contact me to at the very least assist in activating my card.

• Gi
    Gillian Oct 19, 2008

just to put an update on this
    my debit card finally came but my credit card was cancelled again :) they still have my old nubmers on thier accounts so i have been scolded three times by call centre reps about changing it - I changed it formally and have proof 3 months ago, 2 months ago and twice in the last 2 weeks :)

oh and i just got a phone call from the corporate finance saying that because my new company doesnt have a corporate account they cant grant me a personal loan for a property deposit until i persuade my new company to take out an account :)
    should we talk about KYC and AML here ???

• Sh
    Shalabh Kaushik Nov 12, 2008

Dear Sir,

I have used my debit cum ATM card for the purchasing of new tyres . As per statement received from citi bank for the month of Oct 2008, Two times transaction done for one time purchasing .

I have signed only one bill against the transaction.

So kindly nalify the one tranction and credit the said amount of Rs. 2000 in my account.

Shop Name : STANDARD TYRES &BATTE, GURGAON
    Transaction Ref. No. 000000004025, 829908242302 ( Both transaction)
    Date : 25th October 2008
    Card No. 5081********3905
    Card Holder ; Shalabh kaushik, 1732-B, Sec-10A, Gurgaon, Haryana, pin 122001
    Email : [email protected]
    Mobile : 09810609105

Waiting for the fast reply.

Regards

Shalabh kaushik

• Mu
    Muzaffar Nov 18, 2008

Worst ever customer service and humiliation I had with CITI BANK -DUBAI

I am a CITI BANK Dubai Visa and Master Card Holder since last 10 year and always make regular monthly payments toward my Visa and Master Card payments.
    Since I am a bank officer in local bank in UAE I always remit funds through SWIFT MT 103 and it happened very often they pass wrong entries and credit both the installments of visa and master card payments in one account then call rudely to pay monthly installment again as they can not reverse their wrong entries due to system problem.
    Once I delayed payment till end of month and upon received of call from CITI Bank Dubai told them you may charge me for late payment and the called in harsh tome replied " we do not need your late payment charges" then sent SMS on my mobile that they repeatedly requested me for minimum payment which I failed to do and as a result they are blocking my card.
    I got Renewed Visa Gold card and did not activate the same due to their insulting behavior and unprofessional way of dealing like policeman with thief.
    Last month October 2008, I sent my monthly card payment for both Visa and Master Cards and in November received phone call that I did not deposit minimum payment for my visa Gold Card.
    When I referred my electronic payment which I already made, it was revealed that they deposited visa card payment also in my Master Card account.
    Again they refused to reverse their entry and rectify the error instead threatened me to deposit additional amount for Visa Card payment.
    That is harassment and the worst abuse to force customer to be suffered for bank's mistake. Then suddenly I got SMS on my cel 050-6286356 from CITI bank Dubai cel 971506454876 stating the same lies that despite their repeated requests ( I received just one phone call) I failed to pay the minimum monthly installment and if I do not pay by the same evening till 06.p.m they will take action against me .
    I feel so insulted and humiliated and now the reason for CITI Bank's loss which is resulting to retrenchment could be understood easily.
    I will never look to CITI BANK in my life for any sort of Banking and advise the same to others.

• Ga
    Gail Jan 22, 2009

I have received exactly the same treatment. I have spent the last week trying to speak to somebody and have bene told a pack of lies by numerous Citibank staff. I am not sure if they are natural liars or incompetent. I am clsoing my account.

bad banking at its worst

National City Bank has a carefully crafted scheme for taking your money whenever they can. When payments are posted to your account they may or may not be debited immediately. If a payment is posted and not debited for three days, your balance will actually go up and the payment will no longer be posted. If this happens and you check your balance and go out and spend money, the delayed debits can come through in seconds right after your approved debits. If this happens to you, the bank will tell you they cannot remove the overdraft fees unless it is a banking error. This kind of thing does not count as a banking error.

Not only that but you cannot close down your bank account if you have someone debiting it and you want it to stop. If you go into National City and tell them you want to close your account, they will. However, if any activity, such as a debit or credit, occurs on your account for thirty days after it is closed, the account will be reopened and you will be held liable for all activity.

Also, the agreement that National City Bank has with Visa for the debit cards is that they have to be good for a certain amount of money regardless of your balance. So, if you request that a block be put on your debit card to prevent spending money you don't have, they will tell you that they cannot do that and charge you overdraft fees for every item in the negative. Bank employees are not allowed to remove banking fees that are not banking errors.

If you receive an ACH debit charge that National City Bank does not want to pay on your behalf, they stick you with an insufficient funds fee each time that an attempt is made to debit your account. These fees can put you into the negative, and (like overdraft fees) will incur a daily fee of $8 per day after your account is in the negative for four days. If you have not filled out a report of fraud with the bank previous to the attempted debit, you are responsible for the negative balance and fees. It is not a banking error. You cannot really close your account, and National City Bank expects you to simply give away your money to them.

When you open a checking account with National City Bank they automatically open a savings account for you and put one penny in it. By default, even if you have only that one penny in your savings account, National City will charge you $10 to transfer anything from your savings account into your checking account to cover debit items if you are going to go into the negative. If you cannot cover the entire expense, you receive not only the transfer of funds fee but the insufficient funds or overdraft fees and fees for late payments.

Lawyers tell bankers what they can and can't do, and bankers take whatever they can in fees. That is generally true of most all banks, but National City Bank has this sort of pillaging of people's accounts down to a tee. What they do is perfectly legal, and perfectly evil.

Sandra Robertson Sep 04, 2008

I had a two person account, that the bank screwed up all the way from the beginning . I opened the account and added my mom, the bank rep decided to head my mother on the account was going change it but it seemed to be a problem so I left it the same to keep from going through the hassle. To weeks ago my account was in the negative, I came to fix the negativity the young lady seemed like she understood and proceeded to correct the problem. I explained to her that I moved my mothers account to another bank and that she is no longer on the account with me. I told her that my mom has a savings where they take out $100.00 a month, so if I tell you that she is know longer on the account and to clear everything up so i want get charged again what does that tell you! she assured me that every thing was taken care of, I paid with a debit card from another bank to clear the negativity. Now its 2 weeks later and my account is back in the negativity again. I went back to the bank again asked for the same bank person. I was very annoyed with her and didn't want to speak to her and asked for a manager. He immediately took her side, by now I was furious. Bank rep knew that there was a pre -authorized money that came out my mothers account each month but each month day after day they were charging me fees. This bank is a RIP OFF!!! Today I closed both accounts 9/04/08 checking and my mom savings and I'm going to warn every one to stay clear or this incompetent bank and its ignorant managers and employees. I was so upset with this uncaring bank I shouted on the way out I hate this bank I'm sorry I allowed my self to stoop so low to say that. I had to make another trip back to the bank I humiliated my self in front of everyone I made my apologizes and left. I wanted to make sure I told both sides of the story in case they wanted to add more to my behavior because of their ignorance. Seems like a ten year old would have asked mam would you like to have this pre authorized & 100.00 off so that you won't get charged. This bank does not look out for its customers. We are the reason you have a job. If you bank at this bank you can rest assure that the customer is never right. Good riddens to bad rubbish!

• Tc
    TCW Oct 08, 2008

Goodness! This is so horribly true! I've only had my account open with National City for BARELY ONE MONTH and already they are pulling these shenanigans!

So I called the CSRs for NCB to see if they could tell me my real balance. Nope. It was exactly as wrong as the online one! "The online banking is just a tool to assist you. Check your register. It works for me."

WHAT?!

Why do they make debits that they KNOW exist go away? Why do they increase your balance and not show the item as pending until it clears???

What is the purpose of this?! I am going to have to close my account because of this deceitful practice. There are millions of better banks with a hundred times better online banking tools that do not try to cheat customers by that niggling, "Check your register, we're not responsible" trick.

Please, explain to me how false posting on and off in the online banking tools HELP customers check their register? If you cannot count on it to be accurate, how can we check our own accuracy?

Deeply disappointed and wholeheartedly agree with this poster's sentiments. I'm closing my account tomorrow.

• Ab
    aberll Nov 26, 2008

My experience has been that their running balance cannot be trusted! It changes hourly. I was told by at least 8 employees that it was because the merchant did not submit within 72 hours, so money was taken out of and put back into my account. When presented with written proof that that was not so, suddenly it was "where did you get 72 hours?" We have never heard of that -- and then the great stare-down.

I hear this bank is going under. Apparently some employees hope to hang in there when they are taken over and find no problem in taking as much of your money as possible, making you look like a fool and out and out lying!

Terrible bank, terrible, prevaricating individuals!!

• Am
    amazome Dec 26, 2008

I opened up a Checking account and was given a debit card as a minor. This isn't very ethical because minors tend to be less responsible, and have low incomes. So of course, I ended up overdrafting my account, apparently, instead of declining my card at the point of sale. The bank will charge 36 dollars for any amount overdrawn!

Well one vacation, after I had graduated, and I had 1000 from an open house for school. I deposited money in the bank so that I could use it to buy gas among other things. Since the bank decided that chronology is not important, I was overdrawn by hundreds of dollars. Not only could I not access the ATM because the bank randomly changed my PIN number while I was on vacation to get cash, but they had to take 100s of dollars of a kid's school money.

I called to see how much it would cost to just have my savings transferred over (assuming it'd be around 4 to 6 dollars), but no, it's 15 dollars per incident.

I decided this was ridiculous and switched to CASE Credit Union where the same savings to checking transfer service costs a mere $2. CASE also has the ethical policy of no debit cards to minors.

This bank is nothing but sleeze.

• Mm
    mmmblt Dec 27, 2008

First of all, banks CANNOT change your pin number without your consent. Secondly, you are responsible for what you spend. You will probably blame someone ten years from now when you are having account problems with another bank. You also have to make sure that your money has been posted to your account BEFORE you spend it. There are signs everywhere that tell you that and it even says that on your deposit tickets. Again, people need to take responsibility for their own actions and stop blaming others.

sassycrim Jun 04, 2009

I'm having this problem now with this bank. I often check to see if items are posted or pending. When item are pending, I can go over my account by 2.00, and then magically the posted items becomes pending and a billion fee's are attacted to the account and they refuse to waive any, and all from a 2.00 charge! I never received good service from this bank. They are not customer service drivin and they are a complete fraud, I've been trying to close this account for the longest and it seem impossible!!!

• Ko
    kodex Jul 31, 2009

Well, personally I have not had any problems with this bank so far, 1 month running. It seems to me that ya'll don't know how to keep track of your check book...if you did that then you wouldn't have to check your online account. Regardless of what my online account says, I just go by what my check book says, that way I don't go over the amount of money that I have.

new credit card issue

I had an medical emergency and needed a credit card so i thought Citibank would be the most reliable one. But to my astonishment they are teh most careless bank. I filled the required form with the help of a Citibank agent and attached all the asked documents with some extra to support the speedy processing. I was promised that in 2 -3 weeks time i would be provided with a card. My salary -is way beyond the annual asked for and i work as a manager in the largest food company in the world (Nestle). I waited for 6 weeks no card... then i called the agent who facilitated my card process.he informed me my request for credit card was rejected on the basis of my company did not verify for me.I was amazed so i crossed checked with my company and found no one has verified here. After another week i get these 2 regret letters from citibank addressed to a sub branch of Nestle in singapore far from my office, whereas i had specifically mentioned the complete office address infront of the agent in the form, still citibank called the wrong office due to there negligence and must have asked for me... where i don't work and sent the regret letter to the same address from where i retrieved it today after almost 6weeks of applying... its a serious negligence on the part of citibank and in am very avoid with them as i wanted to trust them in the time of need. Its really sad... i tried to log on complaint in the citibank website but to my surprise again there is no customer feedback section or complaint format to do it on the website...

• Bh
    bhavin joshi Nov 13, 2008

my citi bank credit is block i requist to him but there is no any reply by bank so please help me

• Bh
    bhavin joshi Nov 13, 2008

• Lu
    Lucille Siddiqui Jan 28, 2009

pls elp me with a credit card as i had applied on line but did not rec & being a good customer with citi pls respond to this quo.Lucille Siddiqui

• Th
    That kid Jun 22, 2009

Citibank is a great bank. If you would pay the bill on time, I'm sure they would unblock it. You with the medical emergency, why wouldn't your insurance pay for your procedure. Sounds like you need a job at Citibank, they have great benefits. Lol! I'm surprised you have a high paying job at Nestle, your grammar is horrible. You need to take a writing class.

• Js
    j.srinivas Jun 13, 2011

i hereby informed that i have not received the citi bank creditcard monthly statement. till now i received so i have checking on mails . i requesting sent through post.

citibank philippines

had an agreement with a 3rd party collecting agency for citibank philippines to settle credit card obligation for 20, 000 php for a period of 3 months. was able to pay total amount of 7, 000.00. however because of unforseen medical expenses was not able to finish terms. asked if they could extend period of time to pay but instead agency has resorted to harassing me at home and at work. in danger of losing job what to do?

jovelyn garma Nov 28, 2008

not much of a complaint, .. i would like to clarrify if you have an agent named mark with phone number 9172659. He phone-interviewed me just awhile ago, .. And when i called him back no one is responding in the said number appreciate your feedback, .. thanks!

• Ed
    Eduardo G Martinez Sep 23, 2010

I would like to follow-up my application for credit card. I already received letter from Citicorp Financial Services & Insurance Brokerage Phils., Inc. informing that i have been enrolled in CREDITSHIELD Plus.
    Up to now i have not received any feedback on the status of my application.

Thanks & anticipating immediate response,
    Eduardo G Martinez
    Del Monte Phil. Inc
    Manolo Fortich, Bukidnon 8705
    [email protected]

• Ka
    Katherine Camisin Apr 19, 2011

I am a member of CB since 2008 and was in good credit standing. 5 months ago i also applied for citibank rustans just to get a longchamp bag. i patronized this card since they are very accommodating and in return i even refer friends and relatives to have one. in my 5 existing credit cards i frequently used CB. But this month, i received my billing statement late (as usual) and 2500 membership was billed and i requested to waive since i am a loyal customer and always in good credit standing. But the account rep informed me that there no ways to waived MF. so disappointed with them that i am terminating all my cards with them and will not refer to my friends and familes even to my clients.

Katherine Camisin

impersonal banking

Open letter to Citibank:

Dear Sir/Madam - There is no category for this issue - and I’m sure this email will be lost on its recipient - but it will make me feel better. So, when did Citibank get sooooooo big and impersonal that when my check came across a Citibank teller's desk in the amount of $2, 500.00 from Mary Smith, made out to "the new Mr. and Mrs. Smith" with a great big "congratulation" in the memo, the dimwitted teller would bounce the check rather perceiving it's importance and giving me a call. A ### with absolutely NO cognitive abilities should have been able to figure out it was a wedding check from a mother to her son and new daughter in law. There was more than enough money in my linked account to cover the check. I understand, it was MY error, but there was so much excitement and wedding preparations I forgot to make the transfer. I understand that the bank can't call for every little thing ... but this SHOULD HAVE BEEN BIG ENOUGH to have generated a call. A call would have been "considerate", it would have been "nice" -"appropriate" - "professional" It would have been "the RIGHT thing to do." That seems to be a concept lost on banks and bankers these days. And please don't respond with your banking babble and blah blah banking options - not interested. I have been a Citibank customer for over 15 years and this was disgusting - it is about "personnel" and "personal" … Not banking options. Oh, and then, to add insult to injury we have the $34.00 fee! What a joke. Shame on Citibank. Alice Scanlon

non-cooperative responce of citibank canada officials

I visited Citibank Canada office located at 123 Front Street, downtown Toronto on September 8, 2008 (Monday...

1 comment Toronto Banks

air miles

In mid-July 2008, Citibank arbitrarily wiped out all 194, 000 air miles I had accrued over a 10-year period. I was offered nothing in lieu of the miles, nothing. One day I had them, the next day I didn't.

I owed the company nothing at the time, and I have been diligent in paying them everytime, on time.

Who would think that Citibank would steal the air miles I accrued while spending all that money using their card? This is the kind of sorry business practice that I hope brings ruin to Citibank. I won't do business with them in the future.

It's another example of how corporate America has broken faith with working Americans. They want to give you one of their high-interest cards, they want you to pay an annual fee, then they steal the miles you supposedly got for doing business using them or get so deep in debt you're in trouble.

My suggestion is to drop them now, before they put you into bankruptcy or steal your miles.

Ripped Off in Buda

$150 gift card promotion.

The Citibank experience is not worth it, believe me!!! My mother saw a promotion from Citibank that offered a $150 Gift Card for opening accounts at Citibank. For us, this promotion was just horrible and a stressful experience! When a company makes you go through hoops just to qualify for a promotion it is simply not worth all the stress!! What happened was my mother is at the point in her life that she doesn’t feel comfortable driving anymore, so, I offered to take her to Citibank, so she could qualify for the $150 gift card promotion, but, I didn’t realize that it was the last day for her to qualify for the gift-card. When I found out I left work early so I could pick her up and drive her to the nearest Citibank branch. By the time I picked her up and she was in the car there was just enough time to get her to the local Citibank branch just before closing. To assure we would be on time, I asked my mother to use my cell phone to call the local Citibank branch and verify that we have the correct street address and ask for some basic directions to the branch location. When she called Citibank, it was ridiculous! She was put through a huge barrage of computerized voice menus and sub-menus, that said “press or say, #1-0” etc. for this, that, or the other. She eventually finds her way through a labyrinth of menus and eventually presses the right combination of buttons and eventually gets a live person on the phone, but then, it seems that she’s having difficulty communicating with the connected Citibank representative, I thought it was because of the car, or the noise of driving, so I pulled off the road so she could hold a conversation. Then she utters “this is someone from India” and I could tell my mother was having a lot of difficulty understanding the foreign Citibank representative. Oh My God, this is absurd; I was thinking, it seems this person is not going to be of any help to us at all!! The representative was defiantly not local, not by a long shot! Can you imagine, you’re on the road with only about half an hour to get to your local Citibank branch before it closes on the last day to take advantage of a promotion and so you attempt to call just to get your bearings and your call is then routed to someone who isn’t even in the same country, or even the same continent for that matter! Furthermore, if I worked for Citibank and someone from India called me in the United States just to ask me a question about their local Citibank branch in India, I wouldn’t blame them if they where upset also, especially if I couldn’t help them, or they couldn’t understand me. Anyway, I just thought mom could call the local branch and ask someone for simple directions and verify the street address, was I wrong!!! We didn’t get any useful help from the foreign Citibank representative on the phone, so, by the time we got to the Citibank branch it had just closed by about a couple of minutes or so. I felt so bad so bad for mom I offered to give her the $150 out of pocket, but she refused, because she’s always encouraging me to save my money. This whole miserable experience was so upsetting due to the outsourced customer service from Citibank I told her that I would be willing to pick her up next week and drive her to a local branch and she could close any accounts she had with Citibank, hopefully she can find a bank that will let her talk to a person from her local branch..

Dan,