Chipotlemisnomer

I have always been an advocate of the Chipotle Pepper (I capitalize because it is that important). I believe it has a natural blend of spicy and smokey that, possibly, proves the existence of god. So, imagine my surprise when I discover a burrito restaurant down the street from me named "Chipotle". "Dream coming true", I though to myself as I entered the establishment with a giddy spring in my step...

That spring was de-coiled and made less springy (and overall depressed) to discover that this restaurant is mixing the Chipotle Pepper with other, more-inferior peppers. I will not stand for this blending of flavors. If "Chipotle" is going to name itself after the Master Spice than it should be commit to using the Master Spice. Leave those inferior, unclean spices to Taco Bell.

• Brenda- It's the principle of the thing. God holds one pepper above all other peppers. To spend money in an establishment that even hints at spice mixing is out of the question.

fdgfdgfdrtrt3343- Thank you, I've been looking for a place to find affordable douche-bag items.

• Exactly.

JonnyG Mar 24, 2011

Misnomer - I am no chef or expert, but I have to kindly disagree with you on the quality of chipotle peppers. I think they're a very inferior pepper only useful for the fact it can be grown and harvested in bulk for a very low price. This is why every "family restaurant" from Dennys, Ruby Tuesday, Applebees, etc. as well as fast food yuck-food like McDonald's and Taco Bell is jumping on the bandwagon because the name sounds exotic. I don't like the flavor and I can't see how anyone else can unless they're pretending to be "cultured" (I'm reminded of the nice old cartoon lady that owned Tweety Bird on Merry Melodies floating thru Venice on a Gondola saying, "This is SOoooo cacciatore..." Chicken cacciatore? what? In my (very opinionated) view the peppers are only good for their heat as long as you can mask the flavor, but you could do that with any hot pepper. Jalapeños and banana peppers have far more flavor and if you really need the heat, squeeze a half a habenero in and be done. I don't mean to be a critic.

Well, hell, this is the internet. Yes I do mean to be a critic!!

• Ni
    niggazinthahood May 11, 2011

You should try to break the spice fetish habit. I don't even know why you are that serious about spices let alone a chipotle pepper. Weirdo.

• Ni
    niggazinthahood May 11, 2011

JazzCat23, I think he failed at both.