Complaints & Reviews

attitudes, wrong orders

I have been going to this chipotle since I started working right behind there. My coworkers and I alway...

rude and untrained server

Annapolis Chipotle location is well below par of other locations: it is dirty, staff is rude and untrained. The worst Chipotle we visited and we will never go back. I ordered Taco Kit for my son, and server, Ashley, just threw the sides on the taco, and when I mentioned that it is not the way it is supposed to be done, she told me I am wrong, do not know what I am talking about, and told another server to finish her job. I asked to see the manager who confirmed that I was right but otherwise seemed to not realize that the main problem with her staff is that they are very rude, not only untrained. The company seems to lack an efficient quality control.

avoid at any cost guys

A catchy title??? Really? You would like to be entertained as you’re being informed of the disarray one of your stores had fallen into?

I patroned the roseville, mn store on labor day evening and felt like I had walked into a college dorm room! The volume of the music made ordering an episode in pre-laryngitis and our success in finding a clean table was only actualized by a proactive exercise in personal janitorial exercise. The number of straw wrappers and soiled napkins strewn about was pathetic and a blatant representation of mice at play while an indifferent cat was away. Maybe he/she (The boss) was there who knows? I am going to believe…. No.

Lastly, the size of sodapop puddle left unattended for the duration of my trying time within your store was, for me, unprecedented! It comes as no surprise your stock price has plummeted.

• Ca
    carhop122 Sep 06, 2012

Don't complain get up and walk out.

• Ra
    RarelyComplain Sep 09, 2012

Sounds like Branns in Michigan and Outback anywhere. Those are kiddie places. Kids like that kind of stuff. Thanks for warning me.

grasshopper in burrito

I found a bug/grasshopper thing inside of my chicken burrito! I bit into it and chewed. Felt as though it didnt taste right so I spit it out and finished the rest of the burrito. Upon further inspection, it turned out to be an actual full bug! I took pictures of it on the foil and everything! That * is not right and I feel like i'm going to throw up! I hope to get an immediate response back and I will be sending multiple messages to make sure I get heard. You better hope I dont get a hold of a law suit! Because I feel sick right now!

• Ne
    NenaV May 25, 2012

Which Chipotle? My friend had red cubed crayons in her chicken burrito. She called the health department on them and they found more in their chopped tomatoes. You damm right she's suing. I can get you in touch with her attorney.

poor customer service

I went to purchase a Barbacoa Burrito add guacamole and when the server was rolling it she squeezed out half...

bad service, rude females that work there

The chipotle in waterford lakes area in orlando "always" has very rude females working there. Many times me and relatives have been treated badly by these girls. They just have bad attitudes, and make rude remarks to customers...Even the idiot checking us out was rude...It was a really bad experience...Many times...Dont they teach these [censored]es how to treat customers or some csutomer service skills?

• Fr
    fratman Jul 20, 2011

You're an ### Mike.

• Yo
    your moms mom Jun 15, 2012

I don't even know what this site is but comment is clearly a tirade against women and has nothing to do with a restaurant.
    Restaurants often have rude, terrible people working for them.
    I agree with fratman. You're an ###, mike. Sounds like you got turned down by a lady at chipotle.

low quantity

A group of us from work went for Lunch at this Chipotle @ Waukegan. We all got bowls and the quantity of food...

food

I got my chicken bowl with only 6 pieces of chicken and with out rice... also my chips with green sales was not ful the container was half ful.

• Ad
    adreeyen Apr 18, 2011

did you turn into the incredible hulk?

Anonk Jun 01, 2011

I picked up a Togo order from chipotle which was a burrito bowl. I start to eat my food when after a couple of bites I find a dead lady bug in my food. And after being grossed out I regained my courage and took a few more bites... To find ANOTHER ladybug.

NASTY!

bad service

I went to Chipotle at the Laurel Md location on March 22. I ordered a chicken burrito bowl with everything including the red hot pepper salsa. The bowl looked scrumptious so I dug into it. Not too long after taking several bites, my mouth was on fire. I ran up to the counter and requested water but they said I have to buy the cup. I didnt order a drink because I couldnt afford it so I had to deal with the burn. I asked why they didn't warn me and they said they dont need too. Had the runs bad too.

• Po
    pobarjenkins Apr 12, 2011

Spicy food is spicy. Who who would have thought? Anyways, they're not responsible if you cannot handle the burn. How about taking your food to your home or work and getting a beverage there?

• Ca
    carolyn rudolph Jul 27, 2016

on 7/21/2016 I went to 248 Stetson square
    Cincinnati, ohio 45219 to order a meal. after along day at work I was so very hungry. I order a chicken burrito and there was such a small amount of chicken I ask can I get a full spoon? I felt like a child telling their mother that they still hungry and scared to say something.The way see looked at me and said that's my spoon. wow I felt so small and walked away. it was no way that was a full spoon of chicken. but what was I to do she say no.

vegetarians beware

On 12/08/10, I ate at the Chipotle in Oak Brook, IL on 22nd St.

I asked to speak with the manager. She was a very short (4'11" Hispanic woman). I am a vegetarian and wanted guacamole tacos. In the past, when I have asked for quacamole tacos, I have ended up with very soggy tomato tacos with a garnish of guacamole. That wasnt what I wanted. I wanted guacamole tacos. So, I told her what I wanted. I wanted an order of tacos. That isn't what she charged me for (unbeknownst to me at the time). She charged me for two tacos, when I expected to get three. At no time did I tell her I wanted to buy my tacos individually. I was charged $2.20 per taco + $1.80 for guacamole (for a total of $6.71 with tax). The guacamole was the main ingredient for my vegetarian tacos. It was not like I was asking for extra garnish. When someone buys meat tacos you do not charge extra for the meat. When I left I was starving and had to go eat lunch someplace else.

Also, the parking spots in the parking spots only left about 14" in between cars. If I lived close to that location, I wouldn't go there anyway, because the chances of your car getting dinged are extremely high.

How is a vegetarian supposed to get what they order and not be overcharged?

• Bo
    bobhud Dec 10, 2010

Chipotle wouldn't have anything to do with parking situation. Most businesses like that lease or rent their property. The responsibility for parking lies with the owner of the property, not the business leasing or renting. You need to give Chipotle a break on the complaint.

misnomer

I have always been an advocate of the Chipotle Pepper (I capitalize because it is that important). I believe it has a natural blend of spicy and smokey that, possibly, proves the existence of god. So, imagine my surprise when I discover a burrito restaurant down the street from me named "Chipotle". "Dream coming true", I though to myself as I entered the establishment with a giddy spring in my step...

That spring was de-coiled and made less springy (and overall depressed) to discover that this restaurant is mixing the Chipotle Pepper with other, more-inferior peppers. I will not stand for this blending of flavors. If "Chipotle" is going to name itself after the Master Spice than it should be commit to using the Master Spice. Leave those inferior, unclean spices to Taco Bell.

• In The Company of Chipmunks Aug 18, 2010

Brenda- It's the principle of the thing. God holds one pepper above all other peppers. To spend money in an establishment that even hints at spice mixing is out of the question.

fdgfdgfdrtrt3343- Thank you, I've been looking for a place to find affordable douche-bag items.

• In The Company of Chipmunks Aug 18, 2010

Exactly.

JonnyG Mar 24, 2011

Misnomer - I am no chef or expert, but I have to kindly disagree with you on the quality of chipotle peppers. I think they're a very inferior pepper only useful for the fact it can be grown and harvested in bulk for a very low price. This is why every "family restaurant" from Dennys, Ruby Tuesday, Applebees, etc. as well as fast food yuck-food like McDonald's and Taco Bell is jumping on the bandwagon because the name sounds exotic. I don't like the flavor and I can't see how anyone else can unless they're pretending to be "cultured" (I'm reminded of the nice old cartoon lady that owned Tweety Bird on Merry Melodies floating thru Venice on a Gondola saying, "This is SOoooo cacciatore..." Chicken cacciatore? what? In my (very opinionated) view the peppers are only good for their heat as long as you can mask the flavor, but you could do that with any hot pepper. Jalapeños and banana peppers have far more flavor and if you really need the heat, squeeze a half a habenero in and be done. I don't mean to be a critic.

Well, hell, this is the internet. Yes I do mean to be a critic!!

• Ni
    niggazinthahood May 11, 2011

You should try to break the spice fetish habit. I don't even know why you are that serious about spices let alone a chipotle pepper. Weirdo.

• Ni
    niggazinthahood May 11, 2011

JazzCat23, I think he failed at both.

staff rudeness

March 1, 2010- I went to Chipotle this location I usually visit once every two weeks-sometimes with my family sometimes it's take out. Well this particular night I decided to order my 2 of a kids bowl along with 5 other adult orders- at the time of placing order I stated what I wanted a kids bowl that included only pork and rice was what caused the issue after fixing all five other orders I was told I could not order a kids bowl to go. It was not what was said but the manner that it was said in I spend at least $130.00 in that Chipotle a month not to mention others in the area- yes I consider myself a loyal customer. But at what poi t do you stop training your staff customer service it took the manager to cone out and fox my order after finding all I wanted was pork and rice for a toddler I was charged for two sides but why isn't this advertise take what is to go and what is eat in. That is why it is called take out- any other restaurant that offers take out they offer the kids meal to go as well. This was embarrassing to me because the staff that only spoke English when it was convient to them decided to embarrass me I order 5 other adit meals you see me and my family in here every month. Please train your staff with better manners! Great food but you need good service to sell it.

ChipotleisAmazing Mar 24, 2011

Perhaps the mix up was due to your high level of illiteracy. Learn how to use the English language properly and perhaps some of these misunderstandings will resolve themselves. Your entire complaint made ABSOLUTELY no sense.

rude behaviour and extra charge

This complaint is regarding the rude and emabarisng behaviour i was subjected to while purchasing dinner at...

uncooked food

I visited chipotle on january 22, 2010 with some friends for lunch. I have frequently eaten at thi...

horrible work environment and dirty cleaning habits

I worked for this company briefly at the location in avendale, arizona. The apprentice trainee melissa ha...

sexual harassment

I had an incident at chipotle about two months ago. My boyfriend and I are regular customers at the chipotle...

unsafe food

My daughter and I had lunch at this location on 1/4/09. It was the first time my daughter had been to one of Chipotle's restaurants. We both ordered burritos and dined in the restaurant. About half way through her burrito, my daughter bit into an extremely sharp rock that was in her burrito. The rock was between 1/4" to 1/2", in other words easily seen by those preparing the food. It is the most dangerous object that I have ever seen in any food. We immediately informed the staff at the restaurant. The manager was not present so we could not speak directly to them. We have followed up with the District Manager who directed their insurance company, Gallagher Bassett Services, Inc to contact us. To make matter worse, they offered a coupon for a free burrito. We have written to the head office in Denver, CO and have not even had the decency of a reply. This company does not have high food standards and does not care about the health of their customers.

unsefa food

My daughter and I had lunch at this location on 1-4-09. It was the first time my daughter had been to one of...

hair in food

I went to get dinner for my family and I at Chipolte Restaurant in Webster, Tx about 8:00 p.m . When ordering...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices