Chevrolet Motors Worldwide Ltd.scam lottery

D

WINNING NOTIFICATION

We are officially announcing to you the result of CHEVROLET MotorsEmail Lottery Promotion held on the 8TH AUG 2008 as part of ourprograms to Launch our new office that was commissioned on 1ST of AUG2008 in Manchester United Kingdom. Your email was attached to ticketnumber CHEVROLET-UK-CP8XC098372N with draw number Z93BL whichconsequently won you in the 2nd category prize, your email address was extracted from our electronic email extraction system which randomlyselected Eleven (11) Lucky Winners of which your email address was among one of the lucky winner. You are therefore been approved for a payout of a total sum 450, 000 GBP And a brand new CHEVROLET CAPTIVA CAR(FOUR HUNDRED & FIFTY THOUSAND POUNDS & A CHEVROLET CAPTIVA CAR).

Here is a picture of your winning CAR.http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/front_website/gallery.php?id=218818

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

We also advise that you keep your winning information very confidentialas our security policy demands to avoid double claims/impersonation andunwarranted abuse of this program by some individuals. The selectionprocess was carried our through our computerized Email Selection System(ESS) which selects email from a database of over 600, 000 email addresswas drawn from all over the continents of the World. This promotionsbeing the first of its kind will now take place annually and we hopeyou will also take part in our next year One Million Pounds Sterling International Lottery Game. To file your claim, you are to contact our Customer Service Unit authorized to conduct the necessary Verificationto enable you receive your Cash Prize and your CHEVROLET CAPTIVA CAR, (You will receive more email upon acknowledgement of this email).
Customer Service Unit
CONTRACTED AGENCY: Thomas Kwa & Arnold Carter Associates CONTACT PERSONS

Mr. Thomas KwaPhone # +[protected]

---------------------------

Email:[protected]@yahoo.de

[protected]@live.com.my

20 Queens land Road, London
SW2 3JB ENGLAND. U.K

You can call any of the claims agents assigned for your claims, or sendan email to them, you are to provide to your agents the below underlisted information as soon as possible:
1. NAME IN FULL:
2. ADDRESS (IN FULL):
3. NATIONALITY:
4. AGE:
5. SEX:
6. OCCUPATION (POSITION HELD):
7. HOME PHONE & MOBILE NUMBER:
8. Where would you prefer your car to be shipped? Home Or Office Address?
9. Most importantly scan copy of your Passport or any other I D Cards :

This program is promoted and sponsored by Frontline group and CHEVROLETWorldwide; we intend to use this medium to help individuals generatefortunes, which would encourage them to expand their business frontiersthereby creating more opportunities and assisting with humanitarian Concerns within their immediate environment. All winning must beclaimed not later than one Week of Acknowledgment. After this date all unclaimed funds will be returned to CHEVROLET Motors Treasury as Unclaimed.

Furthermore, should there be any change of address do inform us as soon as possible. Congratulations again from all our staff.

N.B: Anybody under the age of 16 is not eligible to participate in thisprogram.

Yours in service,
Mrs Sarah Chow
(Programs & Events).

Material Copyright © 2008 The CHEVROLET Co. Ltd

• Ad
    adi Aug 27, 2008

2 days ago I received an e-mail informing me that I won a lottery of CHEVROLET Motors Email lottery promotion held on 1st August2008.I was inform I won 2nd category prize i.e 450, 000 GBP and a brand new CHEVROLET CAPTIVA Jeep.My Email ticket number is CHEVROLET-UK-CP8XC098372N with draw number Z93BL.I happen to read complaint from other people winning the same prize with the same ticket number and draw number.I felt it is a fake.I just want to know weather the news I received is true or not.please comment urgently.

• Ge
    Geetha Thuraisamy Aug 27, 2008

i just received the exact email (27/8/08) and immediately suspected it to be fake as i had never participated in any such draws and have read about similar scams before. Just to warn people out there to be careful about these spammers!

Che Hamid. Ahya Alkarim Aug 27, 2008

i have received the same mail this morning. 28/08/08. I am not sure how to react to this email. How do i know whether this mail is true or not?

anie Aug 27, 2008

I also get the same email, notification about winning the car..is it true?

• Sy
    sya Aug 27, 2008

I also get the same email this morning 28/08/08, notification about winning the car..is it true?

Jamie Aug 27, 2008

sigh...i receive the exact email too.
    I think it's a fake!

• Da
    Dan Aug 27, 2008

I just received the same email as well... perhaps, someone should make a call to confirm if it's a scam? if it is, i believe we could make it a severe scam case internationally and bring it up to Chevy.
    Shall we investigate?

herzi Aug 27, 2008

so if something like this occur, how do we investigate it?by the way i also received the same email as others do..

• Ad
    ADLINA Aug 28, 2008

i also get that email..but couldnt believe it! i think it is a fake

• Da
    Dan Aug 28, 2008

I believe we should start by making a call to the contact provided, and then tracking down its email/s provided. we could also write to Chevy instead of writing it here. I believe the company should be alerted and they could deal with it asap.

herzi Aug 28, 2008

i've replied back to the email sender..n my email was replied back and i was requested to contact a courier company in UK to get all the item..can this be true?has anyone replied to the email sender?

• Ni
    Nik Aug 28, 2008

Yeh..got the same one. Reply them by saying are you kidding? They replied back by giving online verification form. I think I will contact
    chevrolet UK. But I'm a bit fishy on their e-mails. Why use yahoo.com?
    Normally a big company must have their own server. Anyway...don't give your details to them whatsoever.

herzi Aug 29, 2008

i've check on chevrolet UK address & it's totally different from stated in the emails..i agree with u Nik, how come a huge company like chevrolet doesnt use their own email system..

• Ir
    irene Aug 29, 2008

i have receive the same email as well. Was thinking to do a check before i call the "Elite Express Deliveries & Cargo Services". i have the same questions as all of you. is there a CHEVROLET MOTORS in singapore where i can call and check as well. this type of news is too good to be true.

• Nu
    nurul Aug 29, 2008

I got the same e-mail too...they already replied and ask for e-mail notification..however they ask to disclose our e-mail password..is it weird? but still reply without my password, we wait and see their respond...

Margarate Aug 31, 2008

On 28 August, I have also recieved the same email as Adi and the rest. It is just 2 good to be true. A big multi national company will definately have their own server and not used yahoo.com. I suspect it is really a scam to lure us into it. Please don't respond although the winning looks so tempting...
    Dont fall into the trap!!!

Thanks

jane Sep 01, 2008

Yea.i have received the same email too on 2/9/2008, and i hav replied them back, ..but i think it is a fake...
    we r never join what what lottery from net...how come got that lucky to win a car, rite?

Chevrolet must be intention to solved that scam problem.

• Ra
    racidee Sep 02, 2008

I also received the email claiming i win 450k GBP and a car. They asked me to contact the courier company. I'm curios about it. The courier company is located in bangladesh. and furthermore, if the company in uk why its email address has .my

JALIL Sep 03, 2008

I also received the email. they requested me to contact the courier company and paid forthe delivery of the good. I suspect it is really a scam to lure us into it.

• Sh
    SHAMSUL FANSURI Sep 03, 2008

yes i agree this are one of the scam..it fake just leave it..for me at onces it sound real cause i owend a chevy but when i check on my record there no such thing in my data..

anor Sep 04, 2008

received the same email yesterday. so it IS a scam :)

• Ir
    Irfan Sep 04, 2008

ya same as me.. i just received the same email just now.. i really don't think this is true.. how come we can win money+car in the same time..

• As
    asmad Sep 04, 2008

I think it's a scam, I received same email as you guys...yet they said only 11 people are lucky...what they are up to I don't but sure would like to find out...any clue guys?

• Pe
    Peh tee Luun Sep 04, 2008

it's totally fake!
    1. look at the sender = "Mrs Sarah Chow" <[protected]@yahoo.com.my>
    2. look at the person to Contact = Mr. Thomas Kwa<[protected]@yahoo.com.hk>
    3. the company = CHEVROLET MOTORS WORLDWIDE LTD.
    MR2 8GD

why a sender from Malaysia, Sarah! (from email @yahoo.com . my) askt to contact Mr Thomas from Hong Kong(@yahoo.com.hk.) that have an adress in London? and an office in Manchester?? Please think fellers! Don't Ever commit with these ###!!!

• Qi
    qiqin Sep 05, 2008

AGREE!!! SCAM. I also received the email.Don't second guess yourselves... I asked the purpose for password details but was ignored and yet they replied with something else~ Furthermore its cheque, they spelled out as check.

• Za
    zaleha Sep 07, 2008

yes..i also got the same email..and the dealer is mr mohamad azizan..he said i must pay 3k for the shipping..why should i pay???and then i told him can u please gif me the cheque first?/and after that when i try call to UK there is no one answer my call..and he (mr azizan )call me again that my chevrolet will come to my house at sepang on monday 8th september 2008 12.30 pm..can i believe//AFTER I READ ALL THE COMPLAINT SO I KNOW LA IT JUST SPAM...WE SHOULD TELL CHEVROLET ABOUT THIS..AND I WILL CALL TO UK AGAIN...DON"T PLAY2 WITH ME AH

samar mohamed Sep 09, 2008

I also received the email, is it fake or what ?!!

• Ah
    Ahmad Saad Sep 09, 2008

Hey guys
    i recieved the same mail lol, i know it is a scam but i wanted to have fun with them because i knew they would ask me to send them fees to send me my prize lol
    anyway here is the mails

ahhaaa btw they said that 11 persons only win it
    the luckiest eleven person all over the world lol
    and the funniest thing that the eleven of us posted comments here lol :D
    CHEVROLET MOTORS WORLDWIDE LTD.CHEVROLET Programs & Events DepartmentCHEVROLET MotorsP.O. Box 850ManchesterMR2 8GD WINNING NOTIFICATIONWe are officially announcing to you the result of CHEVROLET Motors Email Lottery Promotion held on the 8th September 2008 as part of our programs to Launch our new office that was commissioned on 30th of August 2008 in Manchester United Kingdom. Your email was attached to ticket number CHEVROLET-UK-CP8XC098372N with draw number Z93BL which consequently won you in the 2nd category prize, your email address was extracted from our electronic email extraction system which randomly selected Eleven (11) Lucky Winners of which your email address was among one of the lucky winner. You are therefore been approved for a payout of a total sum 450, 000 GBP And a brand new CHEVROLET CAPTIVA CAR (FOUR HUNDRED & FIFTY THOUSAND POUNDS & A CHEVROLET CAPTIVA CAR).Here is a picture of your winning CAR. http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/front_website/gallery.php?id=218818 CONGRATULATIONS!!! We also advise that you keep your winning information very confidential as our security policy demands to avoid double claims/impersonation and unwarranted abuse of this program by some individuals. The selection process was carried our through our computerized Email Selection System (ESS) which selects email from a database of over 600, 000 email address was drawn from all over the continents of the World. This promotions being the first of its kind will now take place annually and we hope you will also take part in our next year One Million Pounds Sterling International Lottery Game. To file your claim, you are to contact our Customer Service Unit authorized to conduct the necessary Verification to enable you receive your Cash Prize and your CHEVROLET CAPTIVA CAR, (You will receive more email upon acknowledgement of this email). Customer Service UnitCONTRACTED AGENCY: Thomas Kwa & Arnold Carter Associates CONTACT PERSONSMr. Thomas Kwa+[protected]---------------------------Mr. Arnold Carter+44 703 192 1797Email:[protected]@yahoo.it20 Queens land Road, LondonSW2 3JB ENGLAND. U.K You can call any of the claims agents assigned for your claims, or send an email to them, you are to provide to your agents the below under listed information as soon as possible: 1. NAME IN FULL: 2. ADDRESS (IN FULL): 3. NATIONALITY:4. AGE:5. SEX6. OCCUPATION (POSITION HELD):7. HOME PHONE & MOBILE NUMBER:8. Where would you prefer your car to be shipped? Home Or Office Address? N.B: Anybody under the age of 16 is not eligible to participate in this program. Yours in service, Mrs Sarah Chow
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attention: Ahmad Saad Ibrahim

You are to contact Ed & Jess Parcels & Cargo Delivery Services whose Head Office is here in Manchester, you are to forward to them the necessary information below to enable them contact you and confirm to you when and how you can get your Consignment.

You are to fill the necessary information below and send it to them via their contact email..

Your Full Name:
    Your Address:
    Your Mobile Phone Number:
    Your Winning Email & Password (Necessary when creating your Shipment Tracking):

The details of the courier company who you are to forward the above listed information to are stated below, you are to send it to them via the Email and can also call them to confirm when you will be able to receive your CARGO.

Ed & Jess Parcels & Cargo Delivery Services
    Address: 10 Hillary Dr,
    Manchester, England
    Phone: +[protected].
    Fax: +[protected].
    Email: [protected]@edandjessservices.com

As soon as you have sent them an email, they will surely get back to you to inform you the process of their Shipment Terms & Policy and also to notify you when your Merchandise can get to you.

We thank you all for promoting CHEVROLET Motors and! we hope God Bless You All.

Regards
    Thomas Kwa.

Attn: Valid Customer (Ahmad Saad Ibrahim),

On the heading of the Company Subhead contains our address, so you can come directly to our office so that you can pick it up, the only charges which will be charged by our office is the TAX Charges including Handling charges which will cost about 450.00 Pounds.

Attn: Valid Customer (Ahmad Saad Ibrahim),

Your email was noted and well understood. But we are sorry to inform you that your prize money can not be touched because its covered with an High Insurance Policy which makes it difficult for us to deduct from it, Also be informed that is still a DRAFT CHEQUE issued on your name, only you the winner can cash it out.

Hope this email is of your best understanding,

Attn: Valid Customer (Ahmad Saad Ibrahim),

Well since you doubt the Legitimacy of our programme, i have decided to scan a copy of your winning certificate in other for you to atleast see that CHEVROLET is a legitimate company, well you can also check our courier company's website for more details! www.edandjessservices.com

Please make sure you check on the attached document.

• Ah
    Ahmad Saad Sep 09, 2008

btw the car reallly rocks :D

• Gu
    guy Sep 14, 2008

hey there,
    i received the email too...SCAM!!! Don't believe it...TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE...NOT YET CRAZY...

• Zu
    Zul M Nor Sep 16, 2008

Me too agree with u all. Definitely SCAM. Chevrolet should post this scam to their website. I received the same thing 2 days ago. Never reveal your email password!!! Thanks for the comments guys.

• Mu
    muzamer Sep 16, 2008

it's true!!! it's a SCAM. Do NOT trust such email.

• Za
    Zarina Sep 16, 2008

I rcd the same email also...with the same draw number.how could that be. i strongly feel that it is a fake...

• Je
    Jeffrey CHAU Sep 27, 2008

I received the E-mail with the winning message this morning.
    How come I am so lucky to win these fabulous prizes? It must be fake. Immediate action is to report the case to commerical crime
    bureau. Don't response to that organizer of the said lucky draw.

• Cz
    czap Sep 28, 2008

this is real [censored]! 4sure!dont believe it!just ignore it!! be fine:) may next timeyou win, hehe:)

• Mo
    Mohamed Sep 30, 2008

I have received the same mail from about 2 days ago and I replied and then they replied to me to and asked me to contact with a chipping company in Manchester in the UK and when I contacted them they asked me to pay the chipment charges, so take care.

• Li
    Liz Oct 01, 2008

I also recievd this e-mail 28/9-08, that i won 450 000 GBP and a Car, have never entered any lottery, this was to good to be true. I phoned the number to MR Carter, and his engish was very poorley and it sounde that he was far away, still the number was in the UK. I had loads of questions, like is this gonna coast me anything, he said something abouth have to pay the shippment fee to my contry. Hom much is that gonna bee ??? i replied to the first e-mail and after i chequed up Chevrolets Motors and ended up on this webpage with all your others comments. This must bee a scam, I also reseived today 1/10-08 exactley the same e.mail asking me to sendt information to the currier company. so again it's a scame someone is trying to get money out of people here. Dont let them fool you.

• Al
    alan cunningham Oct 04, 2008

i got the same as the uder ones .is it true

• St
    Steve power Oct 06, 2008

I have just received the same e-mail asking me to forward my e-mail address and password to EDANDJESS PARCELS AND CARGO in Manchester, I think its about time Chevrolet made a comment about this and put a stop to it.

• Mi
    miki Oct 06, 2008

Here is the same email for me too. ...useless people...

Inline Attachment Follows-----

new office that was commissioned on 28th of September 2008 in
    Manchester United
    Kingdom. Your email was attached to ticket number CHEVROLET-UK-CP8XC098372N
    with draw number Z93BL which consequently won you in the 2nd category prize,
    your email address was extracted from our electronic email extraction system
    which
    randomly selected Eleven (11) Lucky Winners of which your email address was
    among one of the lucky winner. You are therefore been approved for a payout of
    a
    total sum 450, 000 GBP And a brand new CHEVROLET CAPTIVA CAR (FOUR HUNDRED &
    FIFTY THOUSAND POUNDS & A CHEVROLET CAPTIVA CAR).
    Here is a picture of your winning CAR.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

We also advise that you keep your winning information very confidential as our
    security policy demands to avoid double claims/impersonation and unwarranted
    abuse of this program by some individuals. The selection process was carried
    our through our computerized Email Selection System (ESS) which selects email
    from a database of over 600, 000 email address was drawn from all over the
    continents of the World. This promotions being the first of its kind will now
    take
    place annually and we hope you will also take part in our next year
    One Million
    Pounds Sterling International Lottery Game. To file your claim, you are to
    contact our Customer Service Unit authorized to conduct the necessary
    Verification to enable you receive your Cash Prize and your CHEVROLET CAPTIVA
    CAR, (You
    will receive more email upon acknowledgement of this email).

Customer Service Unit
    Mr. Michael Yun
    Email:[protected]@hotmail.com
    20 Queens land Road, London
    SW2 3JB ENGLAND. U.K

You can call any of the claims agents assigned for your claims, or send an
    email to them, you are to provide to your agents the below under listed
    information as soon as possible:

1. NAME IN FULL:
    2. ADDRESS (IN FULL):
    3. NATIONALITY:
    4. AGE:
    5. SEX
    6. OCCUPATION (POSITION HELD):
    7. HOME PHONE & MOBILE NUMBER:
    8. Where would you prefer your car to be shipped? Home Or Office Address?

N.B: Anybody under the age of 16 is not eligible to participate in