Having problems with CheckSmart?

CheckSmart Customer Service Contacts

+1 855 920 9800 (Customer Service)
6785 Bobcat Way, Suite 200
Dublin, Ohio

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with CheckSmart Customer Service. Initial CheckSmart complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for CheckSmart above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about CheckSmart. Discuss the issues you have had with CheckSmart and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

CheckSmartCheck cashing

My husband went to your Taylor, Michigan to catch a check. The service was polite enough and that is not why I'm writing you. The problem was this was the first time he had ever cashed a check with your company so he didn't now how the service worked. She didn't tell him what the check cashing fee was until she cashed the check. She also didn't tell him the money had to go on the card until after the check was cashed. Finally, she never told him about the $1.00 fee everytime he made a purchase. Now, of course it was his decision to cash the check there and maybe he should of asked questions. None the less, I believe that she didn't do her job honestly. When I cash a check at a bank I don't belong to I am always told how much I'm going to be charged and if that is ok. I don't believe he was given that opportunity. I'm sorry to say that we will never be using your services again.

L
    Dec 02, 2020

CheckSmart — Double presentment / cashed the same check twice

Name: Lisa Bowerman Complaint: No response from company yo date. On November 20, 2020, Check smart cashed...

W
    Sep 22, 2019

CheckSmart — unprofessional customer service

I entered the location to make a payment on Sat., Sept. 22. I was informed that a final payment was due to...

P

CheckSmart — loans

I borrowed a loan from checksmart about a month ago. I contacted the corporate office telling them I...

C

CheckSmart — loans

This whole company is very rude. The employees who work in the store are comfortable being extremely rude...

T

CheckSmart — Terrible place... don't ever go there

I have had my paychecks cashed at Check Smart every 2 weeks for about 4 years now. My boyfriend and I had...

Check SmartPhone Calls

My brother put me down as a reference on a loan without my knowledge or permission. I started to receive calls and was cooperating with them trying to locate my brother. Checks Smart would call more and more with hostility and aggressiveness. I finally told them to quit calling me and that's when he (checks smart) became rude and inappropriate. I asked him to take my name off of his list, (since I had no loan) but he flat out said "### you" and deal with "it" and hung up. I called the corporate headquarter and they were just as rude until I asked for a supervisor. Finally, after an hour, she agreed to take my name off of their calling list. I called my local State Senator and he gave me detailed instructions on how to file a formal complaint. Apparently they just passed legislation here in Utah dealing with "pay day" businesses.

Check Smartcustomer service

They are EXTREMELY rude. My husband lost his job and was unable to pay the loan back. We asked for a payment plan, and they refused. Then they started taking money we didn't have out of our account (since we had overdraft protection, they were able to do this). When we called them about it, they were extremely nasty. We explained the contract we had said they could take money every two weeks or on payday; they were taking it every week. When I called them on it, they said I was reading the contract wrong. Bull. I am a college graduate with a bachelor's degree in English. I am pretty sure I can read. Then they became abusive saying we must have the money or it would reject. I explained the overdraft protection, and it was not money we really had. Still, they did not care and told me to borrow from a relative or friend. I eventually just hung up on them.

• Pr
          prodriq May 29, 2009

Check SmartTerrible people

They are rude and have no clue how to run a business! Stay away from them, they reported my fiance of check fraud. They are not willing to work with you.

• Co
            CocoMartin May 25, 2018

I agree they have no customer service skills, no knowledge of any policies or how to run their business. Even when you call corporate its like going through a maze. They don't know who to transfer you too, they don't even care to hear anything you have to say.

• Cf
            c ford Jul 06, 2009

This sorry company debit my card twice. Now they will not give my money back . which my bank has added on fees because it was not enough money to cover both payment.

• De
            devboy May 31, 2009

I had made arrangements to pay off my load yesterday, and before I could go in to take care of it, they sent my check through without my knowledge. That was OK, because it saved me a trip into the store. But this morning, this completely crazy and psychotic woman from the "corporate office" left me a message so rude and condescending I was almost in shock. She said that "as usual, you didn't come in, " among other things. I didn't come in because they sent my check through. I called them and they put me through to the crazy woman. She was even more rude, and I talked over her and told her off big time. She hung up on me and I called back and got her again and finished what I was trying to tell her the first time. I called back later in the day to file a complaint.

I have never seen such unprofessionalism in my life. I am keeping her phone message to me as I want to take this further. Don't deal with these crazy people. They totally lack any social skills whatsover, are extremely unprofessional, and in the case of this lady, completely crazy. Beware!!