CenturyLink — years of slow internet and poor customer service
After almost ten years of bad service and ridiculously slow internet streaming, I had enough. I drove to the nearest Centurystink; sorry, I meant Centurylink office, turned in my equipment and cancelled my account. My prorated bill showed a balance of $100, which seemed accurate. Two weeks later I logged into my closed account, it now showed a balance of $250. They had discovered a conversation over eighteen months ago I had had with a service rep, that they say proves I had agreed to a twenty four month contract extension. Of course I don't recall it, I had called their customer (abuse) service so many times over the past years I lost count. They had no written proof or a recording of the conversation, and I called them on it. They didn't like that. And like I expected, they refused to do anything about it. They could have, at the least, reduced the "cancellation fee", but would not. I filed a grievance with the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Affairs, and am waiting on a response from Centurylink. Consumer Affairs will mediate this sort of thing but it's all voluntary, so I don't expect them to participate. I am a 62 year old veteran living on a limited income. I still work a $12 an hour job. My 61 year old wife is unemployed. This is how Centurylink treats ten year customers.
More CenturyLink Complaints & Reviews
- Global Crossing Local Services - Fraud 
- Global Crossing Local Services, Inc - Unsolicited phone calls 
- Century Link Internet - extremely slow internet service 
- [Resolved] Century Link - century link rip off 
- Century Link/prism Tv - bad service 
- Century Link - vacation plan
- CenturyLink - poor customer service and incorrect bills 
- CenturyLink - centurylink's subcontractor cut my gas line
- Century Link - internet/I was told one thing and then it didn't happen.
- Centurylink Service - bad service to employee