CenturyLink — poor customer service and incorrect bills
I do not pay for long distance service from Centurylink. I only have local calls only. Last fall a long distance call came in on my bill. I called to complain because NO long distance call are ever made using CenturyLink from my home. I have 2 other methods of doing that. The man removed the charge. I removed the auto-pay feature so I would watch my bill more carefully. Months pass and things are fine. I reinstall the auto pay feature. Coincidence or not the second month there is another long distance call on my bill. I Googled the number. It belongs to DirecTv. I do use DirecTv but I always call them using their toll-free number. Even if I did call them long distance I wouldn't use CenturyLink. I have only had CenturyLink 9 months and it has been one thing after another with them. I asked the lady when my contract was up. She told me I didn't have a contract. She said she would place my long distance call complaint up for investigation. I hung up, made a couple of calls to arrange alternate service and called back to cancel my CenturyLink service. Now they tell me I do have a contract and it will cost $99 to break it. The contract is up July 1st. Even if I have to use 2 cans and some string I will cancel these guys on that day. I have again removed them from auto-pay. I'll wager there are no more overcharges.
More CenturyLink Complaints & Reviews
- Global Crossing Local Services - Fraud 
- Global Crossing Local Services, Inc - Unsolicited phone calls 
- Century Link Internet - extremely slow internet service 
- [Resolved] Century Link - century link rip off 
- Century Link/prism Tv - bad service 
- Century Link - vacation plan
- CenturyLink - centurylink's subcontractor cut my gas line
- Century Link - internet/I was told one thing and then it didn't happen.
- Centurylink Service - bad service to employee
- CenturyLink - cancellation of services