CenterPoint Energy Service Pluswater heater

J Nov 29, 2017

My water heater was leaking. I called Center Point Energy which I have a plan. I was told that they would be out and gave me a window of 4 to six hours for a technician to arrive. When they showed up there were 3 techs, one a supervisor. Thank God I had shut off the water to my home due to the water continuing to leak from the water heater. I even drained the water heater. The three of them told me that I could turn the water back on and said that the water heater had to be replaced, however, they couldn't replace it until the next day and gave me a price of $2, 000. oo or more to replace it. I had no idea that the valve to the water heater was not operating and after being told by the three of them that I could turn my water back on to the home. After they left I noticed much more water from the water heater because of the level that shuts off the water heater was not working. How incompetent is that?. I turned off the water, drained the water heater and called another company which came the next morning and replaced the water heater at a much smaller rate. What can a consumer do about the negligence of these companies that get your money and not live us to the contracts that we are paying them for. In the past Center Point Energy has been very good about fixing my appliances, I want to cancel my contracts with them, however, I am 71 years old woman and unable to fix things myself. Since they could not fix the problem, I think they could at least pay something on the cost of my replacement.
This incident happened on November 15, 2017 in the city of Bloomington Mn.