CenterPoint Energy Logo

CenterPoint Energy

Having problems with CenterPoint Energy?

CenterPoint Energy reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Mar 18, 2007. The latest review can not get someone to come out to do a metro upgrade been for a week and get different answers each time i call was posted on Sep 16, 2021. The latest complaint poor customer service, fraudulent practices was resolved on Aug 29, 2014. CenterPoint Energy has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 165 reviews. CenterPoint Energy has resolved 36 complaints.

CenterPoint Energy Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 992 7552 (Arkansas)
+1 877 224 6735 (California)
+1 866 275 5252 (North Louisiana)
+1 800 477 0177 (South Louisiana)
+1 800 245 2377 (Minnesota, Residential)
+1 612 321 4939 (Minnesota, Commercial)
+1 800 371 5417 (Mississippi)
+1 877 807 5193 (Wyoming)
+1 866 275 5265 (Oklahoma)
+1 800 752 8036 (Texas, Houston Metro)
+1 800 376 9663 (Texas, Beaumont)
+1 800 259 5544 (Texas, East Texas)
+1 800 427 7142 (Texas, South Texas)
P.O. Box 4583
Houston, Texas
United States - 77210-4583
Minnesota, General Correspondence
CenterPoint Energy, 505 Nicollet Mall, P.O. Box 59038, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55459-0038

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with CenterPoint Energy Customer Service. Initial CenterPoint Energy complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for CenterPoint Energy above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about CenterPoint Energy. Discuss the issues you have had with CenterPoint Energy and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

CenterPoint Energy Complaints & Reviews, Page 3

Centerpoint Energy — electricity

My name is Anastasia Smith Yesterday at 335pm I made a payment towards my account to restore power, and as of...

Centerpoint Energy — electricity

This morning at 1:30am our electricity went out - The updates we were given did not add up and just...

Centerpoint Energy — centerpoint vehicle

Today Sep 4th, 2018 at 2015 Pinecreek Pass Lane, the attachment pictures shown. CenterPoint Tech Service sent...

CenterPoint — customer service representative

I spoke with one of the customer service lady's named Tierra Lynn from Humble TX about connecting my...

Centerpoint Energyfixed street light but damaged our sprinklers and ripped off the grass

I am [removed], a resident of [removed] in [removed]. A Centerpoint employee knocked on our door at around 8:00 AM on Tuesday, August 14, 2018. He asked for permission to access our back yard because some of the wires are there (so they can fix the streetlight # [removed]). The streetlight is located at the front of our house in Katy, TX. I had to leave after 30 minutes but they were done when I pulled out of the garage, their service truck was gone and I did not see anyone at the street where the street light is located. That afternoon, my neighbor came to our house and told us that our dog was roaming around the neighboorhood and rested on her front porch. So we found out that the Centerpoint staff did not close the latch of the fence door or he did not bother to close the fence door at all. What if our dog was not seen by our neighbor? Who will be liable if he went missing or died because somebody hit him? That same day, we saw that they ripped off the grass where the street light is located, did not bother to clean the mess, all muddy and just literally put the grass back without fixing it to somehow get back to its original state. Three days after, Friday, August 17, 2018, we discovered that there was a leak where they ripped off the grass. It was mushy when stepping on the spot, so we decided to look at it and to our disappointment, they broke the pipes and tried to hide it with the patch of grass on top!!! We demand an apology from your worker for being irresponsible to close the fence door and causing our dog to go out and an action to fix what you caused us. I allowed you to enter our property and this is what you did? Irresponsible workers and horrible experience.

Centerpoint Energyelectric/gas

My delivery charges for this service are almost as high as my usage and this makes no sense I'm gone a lot but these bills keep getting higher and higher this needs to be checked into this isn't fair market rating and this is happening to a lot of customers when times are already hard and why would a company do this to the people that help them make money

Centerpoint Energy — turning on my gas

On Monday July 16, 2018, an employee from centerPoint came to replace my meter and in order to to that he had...

Centerpoint Energyneed to pay gas bill for the last 4 months again as they re calibrated meter

I paid my gas bill on time for the month of December, January, February, March, April of 2018. These are the month where gas bill be higher than rest of the months. In May I was given bill of same 5 months together. When I called customer service, they said my meter got re calibrated. I said what was wrong, then customer service personal said meter was not working. I said how can you tell my meter not working. I requested to talk to her manager. When I talk to her manager, I was surprised. She said my meter was not working for long time but we will charge only for the last 5 months. I said if it was not working then how was I got billed every month and even after re calibrating meter, I am getting normal usage like before. The main thing is, if meter was not working as per their expectation, why it is still giving normal bill just like I used to for the months after that. And if meter needed to be fixed, why do I need to pay same bill for those 5 month again. It should be based on the usage for the same months using historical data. I am living in this house for last 8 years. Why to pay same bill twice thinking usage be double to the higher bill months.

Centerpoint Energypower outage

I live in Spring and the power has been out for 4 hours and counting. This has happened more times than I can count. We moved here from out of state 4 years ago and never in my life have I experienced so many power outages. So now my family have to endure the summmer heat and try to sleep. Not to mention our 4th of July dinner was interrupted and some of my neighbors were celebrating with family and friends. Please fix the electricity. The problem is people do not have a choice with energy companies and have to deal with the incompentency and lack of urgency which is very unfortunate.

Centerpoint Energy — furnace

After purchasing a furnace from you in January 2018 I had to call for service because I had a lake around the...

Centerpoint Energygas bill

Larry came out and did a test on our home to see what all was gas in our home which se already knew was only the hot water meter. I'm which he confirmed that the hot water heater was the only thing using gas. Our bill is ridiculous there is no way our bill should be running so high. I feel we are being over charged.And community action paid 2 separate bills for us this year. I do not believe that amount was ever credited to our account. The Center Point Entergy need to be investigated.

Centerpoint Energy — billing

I recently paid my bill for the month of May and I paid that in full and apparently after I had paid my...

Centerpoint Energy — response to power outage

We have been without power at 20624 Hufsmith Kohrville since May 27, 2018 - approximately 12 hours at thi...

Centerpoint Energygas

I am victim of Hurricane Harvey, been trying to get a "kill Letter" to prove to Habitat for Humanity that I have disconnected my Gas. I had CenterPoint Gas turn off my Gas Service in April, What should I do??

I have been sending emails and voice mail for well over one month to get a "kill Letter"> Most CenterPoint employees want to send me the last bill. Which Habitat has told me is un acceptable.

Who at CenterPoint should I speak with??

Thanks,

Clarence Fisher III
            [protected]@sbcglbolal.net

Centerpoint Energyelectricity

I live at 943 Earlsferry Channelview 77530 and for a time awhile back our electricity would go off and on quite frequently. Then we had a major outage and I had a discussion with several Repairmen and they told me that our transformers and underground lines were old in Sterling Green South. It took them a long time for us to get back our electricity. My house and about 8 others were the last to get our power back. The transformer in my back yard was the culprit and they said they would have to replace it and the lines soon. That never happened. Now it's starting up again with the power blips. 5/15/18, two so far today. Someone needs to do something about the bad equipment in my neighborhood or I will start calling the local news stations on this matter.

Centerpoint Energy — service

When trying to have your services restored they tell you they can't give you a time. Only that it will be...

Centerpoint Energy — centerpoint energy

The shreveport location crew is very unprofessional. If my service is disconnected for ANY reason, and I pay...

Centerpoint Energypower outages

I am a registered as a Critical Care consumer with CenterPoint Energy. I am on a ventilator and cannot breathe without one. (Portable units are not manufactured). Over the past 2 weeks there have been 4 separate momentary power outages, shutting down all power & ventilator. Although the cessation of power is brief, the time it takes for the ventilator to reboot & recalibrate is lengthy. After contacting CenterPoint about the issue, I was ready to bank my head against the wall. They acknowledged the recurring outages and admitted that other homes in proximity to mine were experiencing the same issues. However, they refuse to address those issues because they are "Momentary ". I suppose they are waiting for a total lengthy blackout! They suggested an auxiliary power supply, ie, a generator, perhaps. My electrical feed & gas line are on opposite sides of my home-$15, 000 to do

Centerpoint Energydriver

On Friday March 23, 2018 around 4:00 pm, Centerpoint Energy Truck 2462, got on to the west park toll road in front of me, and as soon as they began to accelerate, rocks and other materials were flying out of their trailer and hit my windshield leaving 5 chips in the driver's view.
                  I would like for someone to be responsible for getting this fixed for me, and there needs to be some type of protocol for your employees to make sure they check for these things before getting on any road that will have them at higher speeds.

Centerpoint Energy — new services

I had a appointment for new services on the 02/16/2017 and the tech went to the wrong address and now I have...