[Resolved] Cell C — sim swap
i recently lost my cell c sim card, bought a new one and called cell c support for a sim swap. They said i failed the security test and cannot assist me further. I recently recharged my phone about a week ago and as you all know most of the communication nowadays is done on whats app so how could one remember who the last two numbers they called, how much data was in the phone etc. Cell c stores are not everywhere whereby one can easy access. Now i cannot get important calls and its also affecting my internet banking even whats app communication, basically my life is at stand still. Cell C needs to come up with a better way of assisting customers with regards to this, i mean what happened to asking you some security questions when you're ricaring your number so that when you lose it they ask you the same questions that you used when registering your number...
i'm so disappointed and frustrated by this system of theirs...
Customer Service has done everything in their power to resolve the complaint. All attempts to contact the customer have failed. Therefore, the complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where image of the company in question and its services are concerned.
Cell C Customer Care's Response · Nov 22, 2017
Dear Mr Mannex
Thank you for making contact with us.
We can imagine your frustration. However, a security check verification is required for a SIM swap to be processed. This is done to protect you as our customer against any possible fraud as the number might also be linked to your banking service.
Please send us the number you are looking to retain + an alternative contact number to [protected]@cellc.co.za.
Our team will look into it.
More Cell C Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Cell C - legal department 
- Cell C - contract cancellation 
- [Resolved] Cell C - disgusting customer service 
- Cell C - sim card still not working 
- Cell C - unauthorised charges 
- [Resolved] Cell C - data loss cannot account for 20gb suddenly up
- [Resolved] Cell C - disappearing of airtime
- [Resolved] Cell C - paying for cell phone insurance - cell c insure
- [Resolved] Cell C - contract cancellation
- [Resolved] Cell C - deactivate current number 0643415946