[Resolved] Cell Csim swap

M Nov 22, 2017

i recently lost my cell c sim card, bought a new one and called cell c support for a sim swap. They said i failed the security test and cannot assist me further. I recently recharged my phone about a week ago and as you all know most of the communication nowadays is done on whats app so how could one remember who the last two numbers they called, how much data was in the phone etc. Cell c stores are not everywhere whereby one can easy access. Now i cannot get important calls and its also affecting my internet banking even whats app communication, basically my life is at stand still. Cell C needs to come up with a better way of assisting customers with regards to this, i mean what happened to asking you some security questions when you're ricaring your number so that when you lose it they ask you the same questions that you used when registering your number...
i'm so disappointed and frustrated by this system of theirs...

• Resolution Statement

• Cell C Customer Care's Response · Nov 22, 2017

Dear Mr Mannex

Thank you for making contact with us.

We can imagine your frustration. However, a security check verification is required for a SIM swap to be processed. This is done to protect you as our customer against any possible fraud as the number might also be linked to your banking service.

Please send us the number you are looking to retain + an alternative contact number to [protected]@cellc.co.za.

Our team will look into it.

^NT