[Resolved] Cell Cc surance

L Aug 15, 2018

My mother submitted a claim for a lost Nokia 5 device on the 30th of June, thereafter asked me to followup on the claim for the following reasons:

the company in question never gives you any feedback voluntarily.
When you contact them you on hold for periods in excess of 40 minutes.

Therefore its unaffordable for a pensioner to constantly be calling a call centre with such a poor service rate. Very strange as they deduct their premium monthly without fail even though they fail to give adequate service.

I've been contacting the company in question weekly from the week the claim was submitted and i'm constantly given conflicting information. Other consultants tell you the claim is valid, and ask for time, others tell you certain documents are missing, which we then resubmit immediately.

The latest problem is that we are now told the claim has been submitted to the underwriters and I should contact them in either 5 days, 2 weeks, or 14 working days the time frame changes of course depending on which consultant you speak to. Whats even more frustrating is you are never given the reason why the claim was sent to the underwriters.

Of course on the 15th of August I snap and demand an escalation, I'm simply then given a complaint mailbox to send an email to, I ask the turnaround time of course im given the run around again. I then demand to speak to a superior, I am told they are busy, I then request an email address to CC them for my complaints. I am told they aren't allowed to provide their emails.

I guess my question is why does the organisation have team leaders and managers provide them with email addresses if they one aren't available to deal with customer complaints and two they cant correspond with irrate clients? More importantly when will the claim of a paying client be resolved?

• Cell C's response · Aug 18, 2018

Dear Mr/Ms. Lwando

Please accept our sincere apologies for the unpleasant service experienced.

May you email us the client's contact details at [email protected] Our team will be in contact and assist.

^SM