Ccb / Bml Paypal Bill Me Laterhard credit check without my authorization

I also had this problem I didn't realize I was applying for credit through Bill me later since I already had PayPal using my Bank. I thought you had to do something with Bill Me Later so I mistakingly went on thinking it was an update for PayPal. Very angry this is such a misleading practice, not everyone understands how to do this stuff right on a computer and I am one of them.

• As
    Aster Trevino Oct 14, 2008

I don't know who is using paypal
    I never signed up for it
    Now they are taking $169.95 for something I did not order.
    Transaction ID 20433666FG486722N
    Please delete this transaction.
    receipt # [protected]
    Buyer was Nancy L Cornell
    Please email me back at [protected]@hotmail.com

• Al
    always mad Dec 02, 2010

I had a paypal account. I will give the short version of the story. I requested a debit card from them for my account ( so I can have direct access to MY money instead of waiting 3-5 days for it to transfer to my bank account). I never heard anything, then one day I got an email from them saying my account had been restricted until I provided them with..and followed a long list of very personal info including my SSN none of which were optional, I give them what they want or I cant use their service. I was very confused by why all of a sudden after having the account for over a year and never doing anything that would raise suspicion would be having my identity questioned. Concerned that this may be some sort of scam by someone claiming to be paypal wrote to them and simply asked why they needed this info, why I was being restricted to my own hard earned cash and I asked them to provide proof of who was requesting this info. Now you would think that paypal would understand nowadays you cant be too carefull. Instead I get an email that my account has been seized and I could not access any cash ($700) in my account for 6 months, no exceptions, no compromises, no explanation, no way to reason with them, all because I had a few questions. Disgusting!! I am being punished for trying to protect myself. They have MY money, gathering interest and fees and I have no choice but to bend over and take it! Dont trust paypal. Buy a credit card machine if you run a small business, its not worth it.

• Di
    dia3766 Jan 03, 2011

the reason you account was seized was because someone was trying to scam you. If you said paypal asked for your social security number then that was not them, they never ask for it and i have had to do the verification myself so i know. Paypal froze your account as a security feature since someone was trying to hack it. Be thankful they still have your money and that you will eventually get it. If the other person would have had it it would be gone forever

• Ro
    robert wisemen Jul 22, 2011

Jul 4, 2010 Add Funds from a Bank Account Completed Details $99.96 US this is from paypal to binverse unauthorized money taken from my bank account what the hell gives paypal the right to just take money out of anybody's bank account i think there in bed together I PRAY BINVERSE AND PAYPAL BURN IN HELL TOGETHER MAKE DAM SURE TO KEEP A GOOD EYE ON PAYPAL AND ### YOU BINVERSE KICKASS

• Bi
    Biheme Jul 23, 2012

Paypal would be a wonderful service if they would stick to the money transfer business and stay out of dispute resolution. They play by their own rules which they make up as they go along. They desperately need to be governed by a regulatory agency. Paypal is a necessary evil that has been shoved down our throats. As buyers and sellers we pray for the day they have a competent competitor.

• Li
    Liaose Sep 17, 2012

I had balt a camcorder on eBay then a few days later i went to my bank and i was told that my account had a $60.00 over draft it turnd out that PayPal had taking the cash out of my bank account in sted of my green dot card i called PayPal up and told them what had happened then i was told that the agent could send a re crest for the fee that the bank had charged me for the over draft but that would be like a lost calls basically.

• Ak
    Akrone Sep 17, 2012

I ran into an interesting phenomenon a while back - I call it “The Federal Phenomenon”: when you start talking to some of these stubborn and reluctant Companies about involving the Feds, their attitude changes completely! Obviously, they don’t want any Federal agencies coming around asking questions, nor do they want more Federal laws and regulations applying to them and their Companies. I’ve used this in the past (with Humana Right Source, for one, when they wanted to charge me $3, 000 for a little bottle of eye drops and $4, 000 for another little bottle of eye drops), and I had occasion to use it today with PayPal!

I ordered some software from a Company a coupla months ago, which was supposed to set up a website or 2 (10, actually, but I never got beyond #2). They insisted that I use their web hosting Company, probably because they were getting a commission off the deal! I used my PayPal account to pay for it. When the whole deal began to go sour, I promptly closed the websites and changed the nameservers (which are obtained thru a different Company, this time for FREE, which “aim” the prospective customer to the website on that particular web host). I notified the software Company and the web hosting Company that I had done this, that the software did not work as stated, that I could get almost NO technical support from them, and that I wanted a refund! Of course, they ignored my E-Mails! So, I filed a claim thru PayPal for a refund, stating that it was a FRAUD! That it had been misrepresented! That these people only wanted the $$$ and that I intended to pursue it as far as possible. Then I began a long agonizing process of calling and continuing to call PayPal, to follow up on my claim.

It is a REAL PAIN IN THE KAZOO to try to get thru PayPal’s phone system, as they put a bunch of recorded messages on first, one has to prove who is calling by entering the correct phone number + the last 4 digits of the “primary account-holder’s Soc. Security Number, ” and such. Then a syruppy-sounding lady keeps asking what I want. I try to tell her that I want to talk to a live human being, but of course, the dumb machine is not programmed to recognize this as a response. They continue to kill time by trying to send me an E-Mail about some of their policies, and such! I continue to press * and # and 0 and whatever other keys I think may disconnect the syruppy-sounding machine and get me thru to a live human being. Eventually, usually after 7-8 minutes (I’ve actually timed it, and that’s no lie), it will connect me with some sweet gal in the Philippines, who knows absolutely nothing except how to speak English and halfway sound like she is in the U.S. I always ask if she is in the Philippines! Usually, they are startled by this question, as they think they are fooling someone! After killing some more time with these people, trying to explain what I want, they usually connect me with someone in the U.S., especially after they realize that they (a) don’t know what I’m talking about (b) can’t help me (c) all the above!

PayPal “dragged it’s feet, ” taking the side of the seller, stating that it was not a physical product but instead that it was a “digital product, ” in other words, the “purchase was for a virtual, digital, or intangible item, which is not covered under PayPal Purchase Protection. We only cover claims involving physical items that can be shipped and tracked.” There was no tracking number, nothing was shipped (as the software was a download), there was no item to be received, nada, zilch! So, I kept calling PayPal, and the web hosting Company kept trying to tap my PayPal account! One lady suggested I close the PayPal Debit Card, which I did, and apply for another one (which I haven’t done yet until I get a final resolution on this claim). Another man said the web hosting Company had created a second invoice in order to tap my account. I kept getting all kinds of “run-around.” PayPal kept trying to decide in favor of the seller, close the claim, and such. I filed a Fraud Complaint with the F.T.C. (Federal Trade Commission), even tho the total was only slightly over a hundred $$$. After talking to PayPal again this past Mon., I called the F.T.C. again and added PayPal as a party to the Fraud Complaint, since they kept stalling, finding in favor of the seller, and such; I stated that PayPal was a part of the Fraud process, that they were making $$$ off these fraudulent transactions, and such. In talking to PayPal again this week, I (of course) got their Philippine people and Puerto Rica (I think) people first, as they feed callers there first, then transfer them to someone in the U.S., if needed. The “foreigners” could care less about the F.T.C. - in fact, some of them DON’T EVEN KNOW WHAT IT IS! But those in the U.S. look at it an entirely different way! At first, I began to tell the U.S. “Help” people that I planned to add PayPal to the Fraud Complaint with the F.T.C., and nothing changed. Then I began to tell them that I HAD ACTUALLY ADDED PAYPAL TO THE FRAUD COMPLAINT WITH THE F.T.C. - and then EVERYTHING BEGAN TO CHANGE! I also added that I plan to send an E-Mail to my Congressman, recommending that new laws be passed which would regulate PayPal as a bank, which it is not! It is a “financial institution that provides Internet services to expedite payments, ” but it is NOT A BANK! So, therefore it is NOT regulated by the F.D.I.C. (Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation) like the banks are! When I began talking along these lines, about involving the Feds, their attitude at PayPal changed completely! Suddenly, instead of giving me the old “run-around, ” that they would “take my case under advisement, ” and “send it to the right department” (kinda like a bank loan where they have to “send it to the committee” and the committee “doesn’t meet until next Monday - I’ve heard this before!), I found that the person I was talking with, had the authority to make a decision RIGHT THEN, and it was IN MY FAVOR! He IMMEDIATELY credited my account for the amount claimed! And, of course, he took it out of the software Company’s account! I was really surprised, in a way; yet in another way, I got to thinking about it, and I realized that they don’t want any new Federal regulations or some Federal officials coming around asking questions! Remember this, as you may be able to use it to “expedite” a claim in the future!

• Gu
    Gusseme Sep 28, 2012

Paypal isca very bad experience for me. They close my account and they keep my money for a long time and I still don't have my money back. The people answer the phone is rude to me. I do not recommend Paypal to anyone.

I see many more complains on the Internet on paypal.

• Ni
    Nialette Oct 01, 2012

Paypal froze our account for buying a shirt on eBay. Really?

Done with eBay and PAYPAL.

The agents at PAYPAL were so immature.

Just terrible service and no loyalty to customers.

We try avoiding any sellers now that have anything to do with PAYPAL. They were so abusive to us. They should have some respect for their customers.

• Wo
    Woorse Oct 03, 2012

I also don't like Paypal much. I used to buy stuff from Ebay, and when I did not receive the merchandise, they stand by the Seller and I never got my money back! It really sucks.

I do not recommend Ebay or Paypal. They are the only person benefiting anyway :-(

• Nu
    Nulchen Oct 04, 2012

PAYPAL was an awful experience for me. They froze my account for buying curtains on eBay. Oh please! Nobody knew why and they are keeping my money and nobody knows why.

PAYPAL really sucks!

• Ci
    Cibine Oct 05, 2012

They froze my account and held my money which I'm sure I'll never see again - all because I bought a shower curtain on eBay!

Everything I sold on eBay before that, my money was in PAYPAL. Now they get to hold onto that with no regulation or protection for the user being me!

STAY AWAY, PAYPAL IS THE WORST!

• Je
    Jerry Benningfield Oct 05, 2012

I also will no longer use EBAY. They now force you to use PayPal who holds you money for up to 21 days. In addition they charge you a percentage for your shipping costs!!!

• Ra
    RarelyComplain Oct 05, 2012

This outfit is looking shady lately, but most importantly, never put somebody else between you and your credit card. It's asking for trouble. If ebay insists that you use PayPal - which is certainly what it looked like to me the last time I tried to buy something on ebay, I just say eff em and buy the item someplace else. Tough toes for the people trying to sell things on ebay. I can't be bothered with that PayPal junk. My credit card works everywhere I need to go, and it is enough for me to have to worry about...I dont need additional accounts that I have no control over connected to it, laying around all over the net no less.

• Ra
    RarelyComplain Oct 05, 2012

Wow. They sound like an arm of the federal government - make the rules up as you go along. Boy does that sound familiar. I no longer use ebay on account of Paypal. What I ponder is why for all those years did my credit card work just swell when I puchased something on ebay?

• Lo
    Lonnie Oct 08, 2012

If you want your account frozen and they keep your money until who knows when and be talked down to and be treated like you-re a nobody, then paypal is the place for you!

~Stay away, paypal is a joke as there are much better payment sites out there. This is the reason ebay loses so many people, paypal is so poorly run. This has been my experience with them.

• Ni
    Nirgalay Oct 29, 2012

Stay away from Paypal. I bought a shirt on eBay and they froze my account. I had money in my paypal from items around my house that I sold. When they froze my account they kept my balance. No manager was able to help. Everyone there were just rude to me and didn't want to talk, only to keep my money! No more eBay because of paypal. I now shop through Amazon and they are great!

• Pr
    Prenduke Oct 29, 2012

A HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE! We ordered an electric toothbrush on eBay and that froze our account with no understanding or explanation why. They kept our balance of $87 that we had in Paypal from selling odds and ends, that money belonged to us.

No help from the staff, they just thought it was too funny and a manager wouldn't speak to us for more than seconds because our account was frozen. What a SCAM!

• Gr
    Grushen Nov 05, 2012

Where do I begin? Paypal was a disaster, enough said!

I bought a stereo for my car on eBay which saved me a few bucks. Paypal FREEZES my account! I called them thinking that it was a mistake, not even! They pretty much laughed thinking it was somehow funny, and this was a manager if all people.

Theeven worse part is that I had over $200 in my paypal because we recently sold our old laptop on eBay. Now they get to keep that money. DO NOT TRUST PAYPAL. I repeat, do not trust them!

Paypal somehow thinks that it's okay to just freeze your account and nit return your funds. They should be closed down. The manager was totally insulting too.

Close your paypal account before they close it first and don't give you back your money even though you demand it.

• La
    Laimike Nov 21, 2012

They give horrible service and then when their system freezes your account, they hold onto your money. I am going through a nightmare with them. This is a big warning, keep away from paypal unless you like to be mistreated and have them hold onto your money and refuse to give it back when it doesn't belong to them.

• Xi
    xiayi227 Nov 21, 2012

The ------- most abominable liar
    Name: Christy Floyd ( Cheater name )
    Address: 158 Bails Road Ripley MS 38663 UNITED STATES
    Post code: 38663
    Phone: [protected]
    Email: [protected]@yahoo.com

This man has 2 times of fraud, they and you order goods, and to pay by credit card. Once they received the goods, her refused payment, this is a liar, he cheated on me $800!

Sellers need to attention this person !!!

• Lo
    Lorumede Nov 21, 2012

They are holding my balance and won't give it back to me. I've demanded it and the chick on the phone laughed like it was funny.

AVOID PAYPAL UNLESS YOU WANT THEM TO KEEP YOUR MONEY AND TREAT YOU LIKE DIRT!

• Hi
    Hinsworth Nov 23, 2012

THEY FROZE MY ACCOUNT AND WON'T GIVE ME BACK MY MONEY!

What did I do? I bought a pair of jeans on eBay?

They are so rude at paypal and have kept my $291 because I bought jeans!

I complaint to a manager who sound like she was in high school. She chuckled and said they will be holding onto my money!

PAYPAL IS A TOTAL JOKE AND THEY COULDN'T CARE LESS ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS!

• Why The Long Faces Nov 23, 2012

What does the email you got say about why they put the hold?

• Ca
    CableRat Nov 27, 2012

Have used pay-pal for years, no problems.Sorry to hear about yours.

• To
    tommyinorlando Nov 27, 2012

Would be curious as to WHY they said they put a freeze on your account, i have also used them for years and never had an issue.
    Typically if a freeze is on your account its due to some type of security issue/violation. They don't just steal peoples money.
    I just recently had a event and I took tickets online through EventBrite.com, over 35, 000 went into my account and never had a single issue. It helps if you have valid bank accounts, credit cards and a verified address on file.

Tommy

• Sm
    Smiseen Dec 02, 2012

I had my paypal account with no problems. Then I ordered some towels for my bathroom from eBay and my account got frozen. Calling paypal was of no help, they couldn't even understand why it froze except to tell me sometimes it happens. Now they have my $107 balance and I have nothing! Paypal is the worst online payment site. They are really terrible to customers!

• Bi
    Bilbine Dec 05, 2012

Horrible customer service. The product is expensive for what it is. I cant wait for bitcoins to get popular b/c these guys need to go the way of the dinosaur. I also cant wait for the technology to move in a way where payments can be direct without big banks sucking up all the feeds---and yes, paypal has tons of those.

• Fr
    Friddex Dec 15, 2012

Paypal can freeze any account whenever their system chooses to. THEY FROZE OUR ACCOUNT FOR BUYING TWO TOWELS FOR OUR BATHROOM AND THEY WON'T GIVE US BACK OUR BALANCE.

No more eBay because of paypal. No wonder amazon does so much better than eBay and Amaxons stock is mire than 5 times as much. Anything linked to Paypal is a mess.

• Co
    cookiesha Jan 21, 2013

They are simply disgusting. I canceled and closed my account with them today.
    They offer "dispute resolution" but do nothing. I ordered items on ebay and never received them. They said that the seller said she sent them, so dispute closed.
    What kind of company says they offer protection and do nothing? A horrible one, and Im really surprised that they are still in business. We need more competition to put them out of business.

• Ne
    NeverAgain888 Dec 14, 2013

Anyone buying from this company be very aware they are fraudulent. ladies especially if you are shopping for wigs particularly lace systems they are a complete fraud. They have advertising everywhere, Ebay, I offer and trade type sites Including their own web page Sunshine Sea Beauty..I typically don't buy from anyone over seas because of trust issues. But at first the person communicated fairly well concerning the product i wanted to purchase and assured me thru emails I meticulous so I described everything I wanted to the tee. Having done many years research about the type of product I wanted I wanted her to not misunderstand. After placing my order after four days of emails I received it five days later via air mail DHl. Soon as I opened it I wanted upset.The item was not anywhere near what we spoke about or the pictures sent to them (that was the pic on their very site) . I emailed the company immediately. And opened a Paypal dispute claim. Thinking that would build leverage to getting consumer help..But it didnt.. After more days of back and forth thru emails and the Paypal resolution center, Paypal decided without even reviewing the proof thru emails and thru the own resolution center to not only help the thieves in China steal money by not demanding a refund from them to compensate for a fraudulent item but took their side and as I said without review of the twenty days initially given.. And closed the case .. I opened two formal complaints with the regulatory boards against Paypal and the company they helped steal my hard earned money and next will be consumer affairs in washingon dc. and attorney general office... I don't tolerate liars and companies here or overseas to take anything from me and practice dishonest and unethical ways to get a dollar bill...(To be continued)... The pic below is what they promised and advertised but what I received wasnt even remotely close to it..

Comments

• Ca
    caponte2 Mar 05, 2014

CCB/BML
    9690 Deereco Rd
    Timonium, MD [protected]

A credit inquiry was done to my credit report by this company.

I did not initiate any credit inquiries.

chall1000 May 19, 2014

This company never disclosed to me that they would run my credit. It was "BillMeLater"I used them through PayPal for a $40 charge I didn't realize I was opening a credit card!...that is so deceiving...

chall1000 May 19, 2014

This company never disclosed to me that they would be running my credit. I used them through BillMeLater through Paypal, I wasn't aware that I was opening a credit card...so deceiving...I"m going to close it right now!

• Co
    cowgirl061 Jun 04, 2014

This is VERY WRONG... I did not know they were running my credit to open a credit card...I have ENOUGH cards thank you...this is
    VERY DECEIVING...if I had wanted another card I would of applied for one...GRRRRRR

• Sl
    slynn1 Jun 04, 2014

I have used Paypal to buy many products for myself, as well as my family. It is convenient, and a secure way to make online purchases. Today, I wanted to make a payment on a product I am making payments on, and I could not gain access to my account. I tried to use my secure questions, but I still could not get into my account. I know I was answering the questions right, and unfortunately, I had not updated my phone or credit card. After a very frustrating twenty minutes I called the customer service line, just to find out they had a massive breach of security. The waiting time was incredibly long. I was so annoyed that there was not a warning on my account when I tried to access it. I cannot understand why I was not sent an email, or some type of warning, I commend them for protecting their customers private information, but they also have a duty to keep their customers informed, which this company failed to provide. I think I will use money order to pay off this product.

• Na
    nauset Jun 29, 2014

I received a credit alert today that this company CCB/BML was asking to verify my credit. I do not have a personal paypal account and do not want one nor do I want any additional credit cards. This was totally unauthorized and someone should stop them. Pat in CC

• Ve
    very anoud person Jun 30, 2014

06/29/2014 your company ran my credit without my knowledge. I would like to know who or what do you think you have the right to run someone's credit without telling them?? Are you one of those shady government agencies?? I think that would make for a great story for a news agency...

Now rescind your inquiry and explain to me why you did it???

• Oa
    oakley520 Jul 09, 2014

7/8/14 Your company ran a hard credit check on me because I used an existing Bill-Me-Later card I have. I intend to pay it off today and will not use it again. I did not authorize this credit check nor did I apply for a new card.

Now rescind this credit check and explain to why you did it??

• He
    helopilots Jul 10, 2014

Another company with deceptive practices. They're going to do what they want and there's nothing you can do about it but complain on a blog.