Carnival Cruise Lineschoice of beer products (budweiser)

G Feb 18, 2019 Review updated:

VIFP [protected] and [protected], booking #1qrd15 and 1qrc01, My wife Edwina and I with another couple boarded the Carnival Dream on February 10, 2019 out of New Orleans, LA for our annual Valentine Day Cruise, We are on the LIDO like usual before setting out to sail, Let me remind you this is our 22nd and 23rd cruise on carnival.. When I ordered a regular (red can) budweiser the bartender stated Carnival doesn't have this selection anymore on there ships, My wife wasn't happy because she has never had any problems on ANY carnival ships in the past getting her red can budweiser, we asked for the manager in charge which he tried to be helpful about this situation but there is no alternate budweiser for my wife this is her only choice forever. This made our 7-day cruise a nightmare without the king of beers budweiser. I'm asking for all Budweiser (red-can) customers please bring this choice of beer back to your ships.. If carnival is going change there menu we the customers should be notified or you can post your menu of beverages on your website.

• Wh
    WhoWantsToKnow76 Feb 18, 2019

Your precious little wife couldn't get one specific beer and it turned your cruise into a "nightmare"? Wow, she is overly spoiled and should just be glad she doesn't have any real problems.

• Gd
    GDJ99 Feb 18, 2019

@WhoWantsToKnow76 Yes I am. Remember, a specific beer that I paid for in advance, probably in a way that you don't know about. It's called the CHEERS PACKAGE.

BEnchboy Feb 18, 2019

@GDJ99 That being said if not having a certain beer turns your cruise into a nightmare then you have bigger issues.

BEnchboy Feb 18, 2019

With your immature behavior and tantrum over not getting the beer she wants and you complaining i am surprised that the two of you are old enough to drink.

• Gd
    GDJ99 Feb 18, 2019

@BEnchboy For your information, I am way old enough to drink. This was my 22nd cruise on Carnival just in case you did not read that part. I am Platinum, I paid $859 for the Cheers package. I drink what I drink not what you want me to drink. You are missing the POINT, had I known in advance I would have never brought the package. I'm not a CONNOISSEUR, I don't. indulge in other alcoholic beverages. You worry about what your wife drink, if you have one.

BEnchboy Feb 18, 2019

@GDJ99 You may be old enough to drink but you act like you are ten years old. I am too young to be married. I won't be drinking legally allowed to drink for a year. But acting like a child because you did not get to drink what you wanted or rather your wife is not going to help any.. Now you are attacking everyone that tells you that you are wrong. Grow up. I never said that you are not old enough to drink. Just that you act like a child.

• Mrs Bean Feb 19, 2019

@GDJ99 way?

what is this 1989??

Bessie Cow Feb 28, 2019

@GDJ99 If you paid $859 for the Cheers package, they you must be stupid.

Chris Iversen Apr 24, 2019

OK, the replies to the gentleman who posted this are completely un-warranted and out of line. sorry, but they are. I am 35 and have been on several cruises, not platinum, but i really enjoy Carnival. my last cruise in December 2018 i was shocked to see plain old Budweiser was no longer offered. I spent the first days sampling every beer they had trying to find a substitute. Mich ultra, mich lite, bud lite, just to name a few... Yuck. i spent probably $60 just sampling these terrible beers. Keep in mind all of the above are 4.5% alcohol. if you're a heavy drinker you plain and simple cannot get drunk off 4.5%, dont believe me? get into beer brewing you'll know how big that half a point is... So at that point you're in the premium beer category. Heinekin was the regular 5% but came with a higher price. Other than that the other beers available were very heavy/dark in color. while i like a craft beer or a Sam Adams once in a while, it's not something you can drink all day. As a result I was forced to Heinekin which after 6 or 7 of them is a little too hoppy for my taste and my bar bill skyrocketed buying buckets of heinekin. I dont like the beer package because you're limited to one at a time. i like to get 3 buckets in the morning and stock my stateroom for the day. so anyway... be fair to the OP, no budweiser is a serious issue, and it seriously affected my ability to enjoy my cruise with nothing available that was comparable. I tried, i really tried to find something. but all those lite beers, yuck. then Heinekin, too hoppy for the long haul, then your sam adams and similar, too heavy... BOO Carnival... Please bring Budweiser back.