CarMaxAcura purchase

A Nov 30, 2020

ON 11/19 I was sold an Acura 2016 ILX with no oil, I drove the car about 50 miles when I noticed a loud tick noise, I had the mechanic at auto zone look at it he said there was no oil, he added two quarts of oil then the next day the mechanic at my job look at it and he agreed. I drove it to Carmax the next day - the manager Paul said that they were bringing a 2017 Acura from Irving TX I could swap in to and for me to stay in the car I bought until then, he never asked to look at the car or give me a loaner, I asked him if I would have a financing issue on the second car since I already had signed for the first one, he said no. The transfer fee was waived to bring the car down, no other application was taken at that time. I was told I had to bring the car in and sign a return agreement before I could apply for the new car. The car was brought in this Friday - I loved the new car and I signed a return agreement but before that was processed another manager called Nick told my sales agent George to run my application - he then said "but they have not cancelled the prior purchase" the manager then said it was fine to run it, he then took my application and I was approved with VERY DIFFERENT financing options, they were requesting 2,000 MORE for down payment and it showed that I had another car financed, I told them that something was wrong and the manager said he didn't know why they decided on an increase of down payment - I started crying - I was supposed to have drove to see my daughters for Thanksgiving in El Paso and I wasn't able to, I spent Thanksgiving alone because the car I had was making the clicking noise and I was not given a loaner, not only that but I was told that it would be an even exchange and that there would not be any financing issues, they lied about everything, I asked for my down payment back - I had put down 2, 000 dollars for the initial car and I just wanted my money back and to leave but then the manager Nick came back and apologized profusely and said that they would look at the acura and check it out and run tests on it, he also gave me a 50 dollar gift card to cover the missed thanksgiving dinner (which did not) He put me in a loaner and said that once the car was ready I would have another 48 hours to decide if I wanted to keep it or not. The mechanic called me today and told me that the car was in good condition and that there was an extra 2 quarts of oil in the car, he said the sound was normal. I then sent him via email a video of the noise the cars engine was making before I put the two quarts of oil in it, to which he responded that he would call me back. At this point I no longer trust CarMax, I would like my down payment back and to return this vehicle, or for you all to match the price of the car that was brought down from Irving TX so that I can just be on my way, the car is only 1, 000 more and due to all the stress you all have caused me I believe it is a very humble request. I will be going to Carmax today at 5 pm to return the loaner and cancel all agreements unless corporate can give me some type of resolution.