Complaints & Reviews

[Resolved] hidden fees - stay away

They offer you a total amount paybale for a car hire and use the word "reserve" to hide an additional fee that you will discover at the credit card later. Stay away, looks cheap initially but later.you will see work more expensive than others. Customer service very unhelpful pretty much saying "you signed for it". Not surprised to see so many reviews about them!

• CarFlexi's response · Apr 13, 2018

Dear Wilson20181,

Thank you for your comments.

The extra options are not refundable as the customer is using them during the rental period.

In case you receive a rental agreement stating details that you are not sure about or the rental rate does not correspond to the amount confirmed it is important to clarify the details with the local employee before signing the agreement or to contact us for further assistance as the customer is accepting the details displayed on the rental agreement and the related charges by signing it.

Thank you.

• Updated by Wilson20181 · Apr 13, 2018

I paid the correct amount to Hertz at the East Midland airport, including a child seat, all good so far. BUT you have charged me extra £18 for nothing and that amount wasn't on the "Total Amount Paid". No worries, we have it at the authorities to check if you can legally do it. In the meantime, if you are looking for a car hire STAY AWAY!!!

• CarFlexi's response · Apr 22, 2018

Dear Dear Wilson20181,

Thank you for your response.
    The amount paid during the booking procedure is part of the total cost of your reservation.

The exact price breakdown is indicated during the booking procedure at the top-left corner of the screen before entering your credit card details.

[Resolved] car rental

The e-voucher no. 3557592 car rental provider confirmation no. [protected], in Great Britain from Interrent in...

car rental

I recently tried to rent a car from England, travelling from Canada.

My Canadian licence is renewed every 5 years and so the date on it is 2017, even though I have held the licence for 20 years.

The company refused to rent me a car, apparently the licence has to state a date of more than two years, even though I have no idea where it states this, AND refused to give me my deposit back.

I am utterly appalled.

rental cars

CarFlexi - Thieves and Liers would be the best way to describe the company!
I booked a car on the Sunshine Coast for two days (ref # CF5C4447). When booking through Carflexi i was given a total price payable to the rental company upon collection of the vehicle. When i looked later at my Credit card statement online i found i was charged $37.15 by Carflexi. When i inquired about the charges i was told that it was a down payment and a fee.
The Carflexi website clearly states that it does NOT charge any hidden fees. Well obviously that is a BIG LIE. Carflexi refuses to refund me the money and has not even had the decency to reply to my emails. Please do yourself a favor and do NOT use this company unless you want to be ripped off! Read other reviews about the company and you will see Ripping of People is the company's goal.

• Xi
    xiwi Sep 20, 2018

Just had exactly the same experience where I was charged R3, 000 (South African Rand) for insurance and their fees. No hidden costs bunch of liars...

mis-selling of damage theft excess policy by company, and inability to resolve at time of car collection

Booking: 3441243 / CFA795CB: Ref: [protected]

Date of Incident: 2 January 2018 (car collection - Alamo QLD)

Please see my email chain below with Car Flexi - they incorrectly priced the Damage Theft Excess Policy in accordance with the car that Alamo supplied, and refused to amend/honour the surplus amount due to their mistake with Alamo.

Carflexi have since refused to acknowledge or respond to my email correspondence in writing, despite the reason i had to write in was because they stated that they would be unable to resolve over the telephone.

Their conduct in this matter has been horrendous, and Alamo informed me that this is not the first time a customer has had this issue due to Carflexi's incorrect price quoting for this policy.

Subsequently - i wish this matter to be reviewed, and wish to receive a full refund on the policy that was not fit for purpose, as well as being mis-sold.

Please contact me if you wish to receive further evidence, as i am unable to include my attachments on this page - my email address is thomas.[protected]@au.gt.com.

Kind regards

Cc: '[protected]@hotmail.co.uk'; '[protected]@carflexi.com'
Subject: RE: Booking 3441243 / CFA795CB; Ref: [protected]
Importance: High

Dear Rachelle

I refer to my rental booking with your firm, and regret to inform you that I have been mis-sold your Theft Damage Excess Policy, and wish to receive a full refund.

The excess quoted by your firm when purchasing your Theft Damage Excess Policy was $4, 840 (see attached voucher) in relation to my car rental, however the excess for this car as divulged by Alamo was in fact 5, 000 plus GST ($5, 500 total) - (EMAIL FROM GEORGE AT CARFLEXI CONFIRMING THIS AMOUNT IS ALSO ATTACHED).

I had a telephone conversation with George Kridsotakis of your office at 09.30am on 2 January 2018 when I collected the car from Alamo to resove the issue, and informed him that the excess quoted by Car Flexi for this car was incorrect, and requested that the policy I took out be amended to reflect the correct figure.

I requested in writing that your firm would honour the higher excess of $5, 500, which would have resolved the issue, however he stated that he was unable to do this, and when I requested to talk to a manager, George informed me that one was not available.

George also stated that he was unable to confirm that Car Flexi would honour the higher excess amount, despite the reason I purchased the policy to be for this very reason, and subsequently I had no alternative but to collect the car despite not having the adaquete insurance in place for which I paid for.

At this time I had already purchased the Theft Damage Excess Policy from your firm, and was informed that I was unable to cancel/amend the policy to allow for the correct excess amount, and as such I was grossly mis-sold your product, as it had been incorrectly priced by your firm to match up with Alamo's excess policy.

I was deeply concerned to find out by Alamo that this is not the first time that car rentals made by Car Flexi had this issue, and astounded that Car Flexi would not guarantee the surplus amount in the Theft Damage Excess Policy that I purchased through your firm, despite the mistake being on your firm's part.

Subsequently, I wish for a full refund of the Theft Damage Excess Policy that I purchased through your firm due to your incorrect pricing, and inability to honour/resolve your error at the time of rental.

I have only just returned home, and this is the first time I have had access to internet since the incident to email in (as I was told I was unable to resolve via telephone).

Should I not receive a response by email within 5 business days, as well as a full refund, I will be reporting this incident to your regulating body, as well as to the CEO of Car Flexi and Alamo requesting that they both investigate your conduct in this matter further, and that this appears not to be an isolated incident.

Kind regards

Sent: Saturday, 6 January 2018 11:00 AM
To: Thomas Collier
Subject: Booking 3441243 / CFA795CB

Dear Mr. Collier,

thank you for using CarFlexi.com.

Please find below the reply of Alamo regarding the applied excess on the reserved vehicle.

''Dear Partner,

Thank you for contacting Alamo Rent A Car with your rental inquiry. My name is Rachelle J., and I will be happy to assist you today.

At the Alamo Rent A Car Brisbane Int'l Airport location, the vehicle reserved CFAR, which is an compact SUV, the 4, 400.00 AUD.

If you have any additional questions regarding this inquiry, please let me know. I would be happy to assist you further!

Your reference number for this email is: [protected]

Thank you!

Rachelle J.
Tour Email Support Services
Alamo Rent A Car''

If you may need further information or assistance do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards

put it mildly, this made me very angry. At the very least I expect
    the the $45.34 paid for the reservation to be returned as the
    reservation was invalid. Fred Tuttle

[Resolved] car rental

I did the rental agreement online, they immediately took a down payment of R650.00 from my credit card, all went well, confirmation sent. When I arrived at Budget Car Rental I was told they do not accept Capitec Bank Cards which then nullified our "agreement" as I could not get the vehicle. The lady at Budget then advised that I cancel the BOOKING which I immediately did. Upon the cancellation I received an e-mail stating that the booking had been cancelled and that there will be not refund...is this ethical business practice or is this perhaps a way stealing from consumers ? if you do not accept Capitec bank cards why are you so quick to take money from it ? The consultant I spoke to at Carflexi had no idea about this yet the lady at Budget said they have not been taking these cards since March 2017...

May I have my money back...

• CarFlexi's response · Jan 08, 2018

Dear Sir/Madam,

Could you please advise your voucher number in order to check this issue further?

• Updated by Ndietwane · Jan 09, 2018

Hi...
    My e-voucher number is No :3438230 and the car Rental provider confirmation is 25744590ZA4, Account L802100,

Regards

Ndietwane Matidza
    +27 60 580 5427

• CarFlexi's response · Jan 11, 2018

Dear Ndietwane,

Thank you for your response.
    Based on the terms and conditions of your reservation the following payment method is acceptable:

Payment :
    The following credit cards are accepted:
    American Express, Master / Eurocard, VISA.
    Cash, Prepaid, Debit or Electron cards are not accepted.
    Cards issued by CAPITEC bank are not accepted.
    Two credit cards are required to rent car group Toyota Fortuner automatic (JA5) or similar.
    Please note that all local payments will be made in South African Rand (ZAR).

Please kindly note that this information was available during the booking procedure and also in my booking facility at https://www.carflexi.com/en-us/customer/customer-login under the terms and conditions of your rental.

Based on our cancellation policy you can always cancel 48 hours before the rental start free of charge.
    Since your reservation was cancelled less than 48 hours then the amount paid during the booking procedure is not refundable.

Hope this clarifies your questions.

[Resolved] rnt19338

I booked the car from 15th of December 23.30 my flight was late half an hour. So I been late for my meeting too. When I arrived to pickup the car. The staff was rud no costumer service. I'm not remember the name of the lady which was servicing me that night but first she doesn't want to rent the car to me at all because I did not had credit card. Second I'll asked her can I pay with company credit card she said no because she have to see the card. But I can't share to the third party the company card. So finally after hour and half when I contacted to the had office in Heraklion. They said that have to give the car. So what this lady done. She charge me double for my booking with additional third party insurance. When I been fully coverred when I made the booking online. Second problem was with the car. Car was not ready to drive away. I had clean the snow of the car and just after that I could start my trip. Also the interior of the car was dirty not cleaned. And the best was when I found different car keys in the car door pocket. I want get compensation for this terrible night.

• CarFlexi's response · Jan 08, 2018

Dear rnt19338,

Thank you for your comments.
    Could you please advise your voucher number in order to check this case further.

unauthorised credit card charges

I went on the website to hire a vehicle from AVIS Car Rental, put in all my details as well as credit card...

Pietermaritzburg Car Rental

be very attentive

I would like to give you some advice before dealing with this shady company.
(honestly, I recommend you not to deal with them at all, but it may happen you won't have a choice, who knows).
1. Read all the papers very carefully. Carflexi has a lot of hidden fees you can refuse to pay (it's mentioned as well). Or you will be automatically charged because once you sign the papers without reading you give your permission to take off your money.
2. Check a car before leaving. Take pictures of your car in order to prevent false blaming. It often happens.

So be very attentive and careful, And have a good luck.

car rent in vilnius/ lithuania/ 23/9/17- 1/10/17/ request numer cfb4d898/ car was rent by car flexi in sixt company in vilnius airport

i rent a car in vilnuus at 23 of september/ my request number CFB4D898. When i come to rental desk of Sixt...

fees

I used Carflexi twice to obtain a rental car. The rental companies that provided those two cars were fantastic. Carflexi was the scam in my view. Carflexi charged me more for their service fee to obtain each rental car than what the rental fee was to rent each car. No where on its form does Carflexi show the price that they charge for their service. The price they show is the total cost owed to the actual provider of the rental car. I assumed this price also included their fee. It didn't. I contacted Carflexi about this issue and they won't help. They say it is a fee for their service. Carflexi hasn't shown me any confirming documentation to support their position, nor could they show me what their fee is. I asked one of the two rental companies about this and the rep told me commissions they charge are very low and they were surprised by the amount that Carflexi charged me. Carflexi hasn't offered me any supporting documents on this and they won't reverse the charges so beware of using them to obtain a rental car.

car hire / rental

Don't trust this website it is purposely design to mislead you. They state unlimited mileage / Kilometres however it is not true. They lead you to check the page tittled "READ CAREFULLY" again it states unlimited mileage / Kilometres however it is not true. It states TAC in small font which means "Terms And Conditions" however it is difficult to locate the TAC on the website which is not listed as TAC it is listed as T&C here it does state that you are only allowed 250 Kilometres. Be warned & be careful the page is design to mislead you to thinking that the "READ CAREFULLY" is the terms & condition. It cost me 473€ & they need to be stopped or better still avoided for dishonest advertising & misleading context. Day light robbery. All hire companies also should stop using them as now I also don't trust EUROPCAR as they are also party to this as they took the payment from the security deposit.

[Resolved] unauthorized credit card charges

We rent a car for Cerdeña (Olbia airport 12.08.2017) by Carflexi (e-Voucher No: 3171546 Car Rental Provider Confirmation No: [protected]) but when we arrived there our credit cards didn't work. They didn't give us any other option for paying. We have read that we need a valid credit card for paying ( for me this mean: have enough money to pay in your bank account. Me and the people around me call credit card any kind of card for paying.

I want to ask for aa refund of the 96 € we paid to carflexi when we booked the service and which in the end we didn't get.

I want to say also that you should specific more clearly que issue of the credit cards.

(SORRY MY BAD ENGLISH PLEASE)

I looking foward to hearing from you.

Thanks

• CarFlexi's response · Sep 16, 2017

Dear irmaAZ,

Thank you very much for contacting us again regarding this matter and giving us the opportunity to evaluate your further comments.

Please kindly note that the following terms applied regarding the payment method of your rental:
    "Payment :
    The following credit cards are accepted: American Express, Diners Club, Master / Eurocard, VISA. Cash, Prepaid cards are not accepted.
    A valid credit card in the name of the main driver must be presented as guarantee for the rental. Our local car rental partner may reserve an amount equal to the excess as guarantee, which will be released after the end of the rental period if no damage/theft has occurred. Excess waiver insurance is available locally, offered by our car rental partner, as an optional extra form of insurance to provide cover for all or part of the excess.
    Debit cards may also be accepted for the payment and guarantee purposes. In that case: The customer has to present return flight ticket (if available); It is compulsory to purchase locally the "Car Protection Plus", "Road Assistance Plus" and "Pai Plus" coverage - the sum of these coverage is from 30 EUR to 42 EUR (per day, depending on the car group, including VAT); Guarantee amount up to 500 EUR will be charged and refunded after the end of the rental period if no damage/theft has occurred to the customer by bank wire; Car rental company would need IBAN + BIC codes of customer's bank account. For this operation, customer will be charged for an amount of 3, 00 EUR in case of bank account in Italy and in Europe and of 11, 00 EUR in case of bank account outside Europe; the charge of any extras will be kept.
    Two credit cards are required to rent car group Mercedes C-Class automatic (F4) or similar.
    Please note that all local payments will be made in Euro. "

The information above was indicated during the booking procedure and under the terms and conditions of your confirmed reservation.

If you have any further queries please contact us at [email protected]

car rental

Car flexi si j'ai bien compris c'est du vol bien organisé.
Grâce à eux, j'ai effectivement trouvé une bonne location pour une semaine en Italie à 108€. Ma CB à tout de suite été débitée de 81€ (?).
Et en arrivant chez maggiore, le loueur, on me dit que je dois payer 108€. Donc car flexi a empoché la modique commission de 81€
À ÉVITER ABSOLUMENT C'EST DU RACKET

car hire

Non return of deposit.

Regards car hire Ref No CF65C2A1 taken with yourselves. Date of hire 8th-23rd Mar a deposit of £950 was taken out on my credit card. This has not been return and it is now 6 weeks after the End of the rental.
When contacted you, you me that Dickmans had sent the information to there head office. Can you send me a copy of this correspondence, so as I can proceed with actions against Dickmans. After numerous phone calls to yourselves, I wish to know what is happening regards this matter.
Regards K Graham

Mitchell Noble Jun 25, 2018

Total scammers, do not book with them, booked a car in Phuket, no car and no refund

[Resolved] rental car charges

I recently rented a car through CarFlexi for one week at a price of $206. I paid CarFlexi $16.27 up front...

fraudulent charge

We have rented a car via www.carflexi.com service and paid in advance. Everything seemed fine, car was nice and clean, and we got it on time.
We returned the car in a perfect condition.
The same day they charged extra money ($50) and when we contacted CarFlexi and asked what was going on they did not reply. We sent them another message and they ignored us again. They also did not pick up the phone when we called. We still have absolutely no idea why did they charge us and there is not way to find out. This seems strange, at the beginning everything was fine, but then THIS happened. We need them to contact us as soon as possible.

• Ca
    CarFlexi Dec 13, 2016

Dear Annanko3,

Could you please advise your voucher number?

Best regards,

• R2
    r2d2athens May 07, 2018

I had the same problem.

This company is scam. I rented a car for 5 days in Syros, Greece and they charged me for a premium service worth Eur 68 that I had not selected. Furthermore, they NEVER included the cost of that premium insurance in the voucher nor they sent a receipt for the payment. I only realized of this expense when I looked at my credit card statement.

Their customer service is the WORST! I called their representative in Greece, the guy was not able to explain what the charge was for. He was extremely disrespectful and unprofessional - he even hung up the phone on me! I have booked hundreds of cars all over the world, and this one has been without any doubt my worst experience.

This is one of those companies that can certainly ruin your holidays. Stay away from them! Go with a trusted and well known company.

e-Voucher No: 3660889

Mitchell Noble Jun 25, 2018

Total scammers, do not book with them

unauthorised credit card charges

I booked a car to be picked up and returned in Nice (France) from 10th until 13th October through CarFlexi.com.
As I often book cars online, my experience is that car rental companies / car rental websites are always trying to get more money out of you so I have been very careful when selecting a service that was ALL IN!
Car picked up and returned without damage and the tank full.
Next thing we get a Euro 228 deduction from our credit card.
Several emails with Firefly later they are arguing that we didn't check the box for crossing borders and for that reason we were charged this upon collection of the car. However, nobody ever made us sign anything and we never agreed to this.
We have handed the case to our lawyer but would appreciate if this could be looked into and hopefully solved in an easier way.
C. Brienen

• R2
    r2d2athens May 07, 2018

We had the same problem!

total scammers, stay away

booking

We used CarFlexi service and booked a car. Everything seemed fine until the day we went to pick up our ride...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices