Careem Networkscareem billing

L Sep 23, 2019

I take a taxi twice a day in Dubai travelling between The Villa and Outsource Zone.

The Careem Rideshare Dubai app is not very good.
It will not accept my home address at The Villa.
Admittedly, the app has improved a bit in recent times and will now accept my neighbour's address.

Issue Number 1:
several months ago I called a Careem rideshare.
I called the driver and gave him directions to my house. He did not arrive.
I called the driver again and gave him directions. He did not arrive.
I called the driver again and gave him directions. he did not arrive.
I called the driver again and he refused to answer my call
The ride was cancelled by the driver and I was charged AED 18.

This morning I tried the service again.
I was charged :

60.67 for the ride (about AED20 more than a taxi) - see receipt below
18.00 for the driver who never came
I paid the driver AED 80.00 in cash

I received an email message to say I still owe AED 18.00 to this terrible service provider.

Please process a refund of 18 AED for the rude driver who never came.
Please remove the negative balance on my account
- phone number + [protected]